Official Kobe vs Jordan Thread

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
190 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Is Better ?
Kobe Bryant 21 19.81%
Michael Jordan 90 84.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #461
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
I wanna know who the f**k voted for Bryant...
 9 years ago '08        #462
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 fmoney88 said:
why did you put all of michael jordans mvp. Kobe only won it once, and michael was league MVP about 4 times i believe
its five
 9 years ago '06        #463
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 MAKAVELI2199 said:
as you sit there in your jordans and jordan shirt and jordan hat

I out grew Jordans about four years ago homie. And you sound like a hater. I just said worry about the n*gga after Kobe is done doing what he's doing. You Jordan stans stay trying to take away a n*gga shine.
 9 years ago '06        #464
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,878 | Props total: 2717 2717
 PEK said:
You aint a Bulls fan so stop lying. And Shaq led the Lakers to those rings which is why he got finals MVP all of those years and had better numbers through the regular season and post season all three of those years you Kobe swallowing f*g.
^^^What he said.

Also Lil Jay, Phil saying that Kobe is a better shooter (three point shooter I agree with) than Jordan is a big compliment to give him and he is comparing Kobe to Jordan because their game is very similar why would he compare Odom to Pip by saying Odom is better at doing something. I would big up my own players to if I was Phil but notice when Phil wasnt coaching Kobe he said some bad things about him in his book so.

Also you are still playing that I only like the Bulls now because of Derrick Rose.
Im still waiting for my quotes where I was rooting for Kobe and the Lakers to beat the Celtics.

And wouldnt you think I would root for a better talent than Derrick Rose to bandwagon to. Maybe like Chris Paul or LeBron James.

Im no Bandwagon fan I have like the Giants Niners and Bulls my whole life.

Ur the only Bulls fan to hate MJ and Rose so dont be calling me a fake fan.

You probably have more Laker gear than Bulls gear.

Also what is wrong liking another team from another state. Probably the most knowledgable Laker fan I know on here in Str8 like the Lakers and the Raven and they are on opposite ends of the United States. So I didnt know Im forced to like the Kings, Lakers, Clippers, or Warriors.

Last edited by Trap$tar; 06-08-2009 at 08:09 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #465
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,683 | Props total: 507 507
PEK and Trap Star yall stay with Derrick Rose name in yalls mouth and this has nothing to do with him at all. But yall always bring him up in s**t.

s**t is sad

n*ggas get mad when I say Kobe is better Than Mike, but somehow my fan hood gets brought up.

And I am still trying to find how I hated on Rose and Jordan. I want to see them quotes.

Last edited by Lil Jay 05; 06-08-2009 at 11:26 PM..
 06-09-2009, 08:36 AM         #466
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This thread really exists? This is a slap in the face and insult to basketball.
 9 years ago '07        #467
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,068 | Props total: 1840 1840
I always find it hilarious when people say kobe is better than jordan cuz kobe had 3 rings by the time he turned 28. Give jordan shaq and he wouldve been unstoppable(as if jordan wasnt already) I'm a fan of both.
 9 years ago '04        #468
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,810 | Props total: 17193 17193
Kobe > Jordan.....and i'm saying this out of my pure hate for Jordan altho i really believe the 2 are about equal
 9 years ago '04        #469
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,810 | Props total: 17193 17193
and damm who locked the poll?
 9 years ago '08        #470
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
Kobe is good, but the only reason that people are so obsessed wit this sh-t is cuz the media constantly has been hyping up players to be the next MJ. A couple years ago, I dont even remember this many people saying that Kobe is better than Mike, but now there is a recent explosion of "Kobe >>>> Mike stans". I just wonder how much media perception has to do with it. Whats even worse about Kobe fans is that they say that Mike having 6 does not make him greater than Kobe, yet these same people constantly say that if Kobe can get his ring this year, hes better than Mike. Sounds like an oxymoron to me.
 8 years ago '04        #471
ohhohh 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,573 | Props total: 1103 1103
jordan never had the pressure to be the next anything comin into the league... dr j passed him the torch but he had his own style that never had been seen... if jordan is the greatest to ever play why not model your game after that... think about how many people have tried to emulate jordan and have fallen... kobe is the last dude standing... it was a time right after jordan retired that allen iverson was the best player in basketball... he had to pass iverson, vince, and even tmac was at the level once upon a time... kobe is battle tested game against the blazers for his firs title kobe had 27 11 and 7... people want to give shaq all the credit, what game winner has shaq hit? shaqs record in the finals is 16-13 (lets not forget he got swept as the premiere player on the team and a top 5 guard in penny hardaway) and shaq stole that fourth ring with the heat... kobe went thru a rebuilding phase with the lakers... come on whos really gonna win a ring with smush parker, devin george, kwame brown, and chris mihm as part of a 8-9 man rotation and ur 3rd best player was luke walton... jordan would not have won with those teams... jordan had arguably the best rebounder EVER... a top 5 SF EVER.... not to mention one of the best international players in (kukoc) and the biggest starting PG 6'7 ron harper... mj was stacked, not takin anything away from him put he had help
 8 years ago '04        #472
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 ohhohh said:
jordan never had the pressure to be the next anything comin into the league... dr j passed him the torch but he had his own style that never had been seen... if jordan is the greatest to ever play why not model your game after that... think about how many people have tried to emulate jordan and have fallen... kobe is the last dude standing... it was a time right after jordan retired that allen iverson was the best player in basketball... he had to pass iverson, vince, and even tmac was at the level once upon a time... kobe is battle tested game against the blazers for his firs title kobe had 27 11 and 7... people want to give shaq all the credit, what game winner has shaq hit? shaqs record in the finals is 16-13 (lets not forget he got swept as the premiere player on the team and a top 5 guard in penny hardaway) and shaq stole that fourth ring with the heat... kobe went thru a rebuilding phase with the lakers... come on whos really gonna win a ring with smush parker, devin george, kwame brown, and chris mihm as part of a 8-9 man rotation and ur 3rd best player was luke walton... jordan would not have won with those teams... jordan had arguably the best rebounder EVER... a top 5 SF EVER.... not to mention one of the best international players in (kukoc) and the biggest starting PG 6'7 ron harper... mj was stacked, not takin anything away from him put he had help
Also Ron Harper averaged 20ppg when he played for the Clippers.. He was underrated as hell.
 8 years ago '04        #473
dre03 
space
space
$10,167 | Props total: 2448 2448
 ohhohh said:
Jordan's team was stacked??? Really... Only 4 of the 6 years the bulls won there rings were they favored to win entering the season... If his teams were so stacked compared to other teams why was he not favored every year he won his rings???

Kobe on the other hand has been favored to win the ring including this year 7 times now... he has only won it 3 times... That means even with the best talent in the league on his team he still has not succeeded everytime right... So dont give me the stacked crap... Jordan was a defense first score second person that is why all his bulls team were great defensively... Kobe thinks offense first and is just naturally good defensively which is why his teams dont play great defense...
 8 years ago '04        #474
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 dre03 said:
Jordan's team was stacked??? Really... Only 4 of the 6 years the bulls won there rings were they favored to win entering the season... If his teams were so stacked compared to other teams why was he not favored every year he won his rings???

Kobe on the other hand has been favored to win the ring including this year 7 times now... he has only won it 3 times... That means even with the best talent in the league on his team he still has not succeeded everytime right... So dont give me the stacked crap... Jordan was a defense first score second person that is why all his bulls team were great defensively... Kobe thinks offense first and is just naturally good defensively which is why his teams dont play great defense...
Seriously.. Do you pull this bulls**t out of your a.ss or is there any concrete proof?
 8 years ago '07        #475
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 str8_akademiks said:
Also Ron Harper averaged 20ppg when he played for the Clippers.. He was underrated as hell.
Lamar Odom was a consistent triple double threat with the clippers:rolleyes:

how bout when kobe had karl malone, shaq, and gary payton and lost? Jordan wouldve wrecked with that squad

kobes supporting squad>>>>>jordans support

Last edited by ttime236; 06-11-2009 at 01:13 PM..
 06-11-2009, 01:53 PM         #476
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well jordan had guys like vinny del negro guarding him
thats not fair he had to f!ght harder for his points

haahaha
(sarcastic)
 8 years ago '04        #477
dre03 
space
space
 str8_akademiks said:
Seriously.. Do you pull this bulls**t out of your a.ss or is there any concrete proof?
Actually most of that post was going off quick memory... When i actually break it down i recall it to be 4 times they were favored to win at the beginning of the season and 6 times entering the finals they were favored to win... And only have 3 to show for it correct?

Do you disagree this to be true?

This is who many picked to win before the season and before the finals

2000 - Portland Favored Before Season / Lakers Favored in Finals

2001 - Lakers Favored before season / Lakers favored in finals

2002 - Lakers favored before season / Lakers favored in finals

2003 - Kings favored before season

2004 - Lakers favored before season / Lakers favored in finals

2008 - Spurs favored before season / Lakers favored to win finals

2009 - LAkers favored before season / Lakers favored to win finals
 8 years ago '04        #478
dre03 
space
space
 ElMarroAfamado said:
well jordan had guys like vinny del negro guarding him
thats not fair he had to f!ght harder for his points

haahaha
(sarcastic)
n*ggas got beat the hell up back in the old days when u were actually allowed to touch a n*gga on the perimeter...

And your right there was no

Gary Payton
Eddie Jones
LAtrell Sprewell
Ron Harper
Vernon Maxwell
Calbert Cheaney
Nate McMillan
Jason Kidd
John Starks
Bobby Phills
Kendall Gill
Kerry Kittles
Bruce Bowen
Rick Fox
Derrick Mckey
Stacey Augmon
Joe Dumars
Aaron Mckie
Michael Curry
Michael Cooper
Rodney McCray
Vinnie Johnson

Yeah none of them could play defense i see your point...
 8 years ago '04        #479
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 dre03 said:
Actually most of that post was going off quick memory... When i actually break it down i recall it to be 4 times they were favored to win at the beginning of the season and 6 times entering the finals they were favored to win... And only have 3 to show for it correct?

Do you disagree this to be true?

This is who many picked to win before the season and before the finals

2000 - Portland Favored Before Season / Lakers Favored in Finals

2001 - Lakers Favored before season / Lakers favored in finals

2002 - Lakers favored before season / Lakers favored in finals

2003 - Kings favored before season

2004 - Lakers favored before season / Lakers favored in finals

2008 - Spurs favored before season / Lakers favored to win finals

2009 - LAkers favored before season / Lakers favored to win finals
Favored in the finals means absolutely nothing.
That's just based off what team is favored because of how hot they were in the playoffs.
Favored before the regular season is pretty much any team who won the finals or made a significant addition.. Really you could say that any team that didn't repeat failed to live up to expectations of being favored.
And quite honestly, that's the most asinine way of trying to "big up" MJ that I've ever seen... Never lost a series he was favored in, huh?
I'm sure if you can find a cumulative "expert" predictions thread, then I'll find some merit in what you say and maybe even believe you..

ttime236 said:
Lamar Odom was a consistent triple double threat with the clippers:rolleyes:

how bout when kobe had karl malone, shaq, and gary payton and lost? Jordan wouldve wrecked with that squad

kobes supporting squad>>>>>jordans support
Is that why his numbers are pretty much the exact same as they've ever been?
You consider his minutes and his FGA and he's been pretty consistent his entire life. I wouldn't call a guy with 12 triple doubles in his 10/11 years a triple double threat...

Last edited by A.G; 06-11-2009 at 05:42 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #480
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
MJ team was stacked when they became a dynasty. After he left, the bulls were still winning 50+ games, they just couldnt get past Shaq and Orlando. So that argument is invalid. Although, I still believe that MJ is GOAT, n*ggas on here come up with the dumbest arguments trying to plead their cases. This next statement should end all comparisons, arguments, debates, etc. NEWSFLASH to all kobe and MJ haters/fans/stans....

Michael Jordan NEVER failed on the biggest stage. This is why Kobe will never be better than him. No matter how many rings, MVPS, etc. MJ is the epitome of greatness. Kobe does have the ability to be the 2nd best of all time though. Thats as high as he can get. MJ changed NBA's marketability. If Kobe never lost an NBA finals, he would be going for his 6th one right now. This is the only case that can be made about him. Other than that, face the facts...

Know your...

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
288 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
80 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
42 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
60 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
70 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
47 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy