Official Kobe vs Jordan Thread

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
165 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Is Better ?
Kobe Bryant 21 19.81%
Michael Jordan 90 84.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #361
pete jr 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,951 | Props total: 1144 1144
LMAO!! Kobe is the greatest in this generation, but he will never reach jordan status because of the above mentioned
 9 years ago '04        #362
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 1013 1013
 TheG1ftedOne said:
:agreement6: Couldnt have said it better myself... Its because Kobe is the closest to Jordan, so Jordan fans get nervous and insecure that someone is closely approaching his greatness and people are talking about him being better than Jordan... its exactly why Kobe fans hate on Lebron
Both points well said, because I hate on LBJ like there's no tomorrow. Never looked at it that way.
 9 years ago '06        #363
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,957 | Props total: 10609 10609
 Curtisimo said:
@anyone who thinks Jordan's shooting is better then Kobe's

yea he may be better then kobe at everything else but shooting is what Kobe got over Jordan

uh oh

is that why jordan shot over 50% before he ruined his stats witht he wizards and kobe shoots 45%?
yall are clowns lol
 9 years ago '06        #364
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 wisdom558 said:
because kobe will surpass jordan.
Kobe at age30=4 rings(will have fourth in a month)
jordan at age30=3 rings
ummmm..he also got a head start by comin outta high school..u don't go by age u go by years in the league..jordans first 13 seasons he had 6 rings,no losess in finals,6 nba mvps,6 finals mvps,defensive player of the year,lead league in steals,all nba first team 10 times,all nba defensive first team 9 times....kobe in 13 season has 3 rings,lost in finals twice,no finals mvps,1 nba mvp,never lead league in steals,never won defensive player of the year,all nab first team 7 times,all nab defensive team 7 times...don't make me go fruther..that's just the big accomplishemnt

Last edited by philly337; 06-07-2009 at 07:18 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #365
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,191 | Props total: 15010 15010
 DJ Maximum said:
my god its not even fans its kobe stans

kobe is great but not better than jordan

jordan isnt my fav player i recognize greatness i saw him when they played the pacers 2 years after retirement so ive see the guy play half of u kids were 2 and 3 when jordan was s**tting on n*ggas
you're 23, I'm 22...

talkin bout you saw him play, 98 % of this board isn't over the age of 25

I don't think anybody on this site is old enough to say they witnessed MJ's entire career

so the dudes talkin bout MJ is the G.O.A.T. when you were in pampers-elementary school during his career

k!ll yourself :hang:

and fyi, I don't know or care who the best player ever is, but I'm not gonna be a "yes man" type of muhf**ka and just say MJ is the G.O.A.T. cuz everyone else does.

Last edited by KeepinItTrill; 06-07-2009 at 07:36 PM..
 9 years ago '09        #366
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
Most of the time, its kids or teens sucking MJs d**k, becuase people of the same age go crazy about him even though theyve never seen him play, so they go off of that and automatically say he is the best no matter what... They say MJ is better but never give anything to back that up except saying he won 6 championships and he had better stats and more "awards"... Although that is part of being the best player ever, sometimes NOT getting stats and awards validates how good of a player you are... Today, there are far more players to challenge Kobe for being the best player than there were MJ and the athleiticism is unmatched... The amount of supremely athletic players then, to now, is not even close
 9 years ago '06        #367
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 TheG1ftedOne said:
Most of the time, its kids or teens sucking MJs d**k, becuase people of the same age go crazy about him even though theyve never seen him play, so they go off of that and automatically say he is the best no matter what... They say MJ is better but never give anything to back that up except saying he won 6 championships and he had better stats and more "awards"... Although that is part of being the best player ever, sometimes NOT getting stats and awards validates how good of a player you are... Today, there are far more players to challenge Kobe for being the best player than there were MJ and the athleiticism is unmatched... The amount of supremely athletic players then, to now, is not even close
actually u got it twisted...teenagers are the one who think kobe are better...i have not met many people who saw jordan play think kobe really comes close as far as all time..he's just the closest 2 guard to him.Kobe ain't even the best laker and jordan has already been put above shaq,kareem,and magic on the all time list...3 guys kobe can't say he rates higher above on the all times list..and u say u people only rate jordan based off of his stas,awars,championship,and accomplishments...lol that's about everything u rate a guy off of lol

and lol at havin more talen now then the 80's and 90's.Is that why 38 year old jordan who couldn't even barely dunk anymore was 7th in scoring with like 15 games to go int he seaons till his kness started f**kin with him?The dude was still holdin his own at 38-40,hittin game winners,and being the leader of a team who was in playoff contention and had rip hmilton on there
 06-07-2009, 07:56 PM         #368
icerogerz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kobe is the best SCORER EVER..

Jordan is the best PLAYER...

Simple.
 9 years ago '06        #369
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 icerogerz said:

Simple.
lol...didn't know being the 10th rated guy all time in PPG was better then being number 1...or being 17th in total points scored was better then being 3rd...must have missed that math lesson
 9 years ago '08        #370
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 icerogerz said:

Simple.
and what do u base that on??
ppg?
total points??
FG % ??

lol u fail hard on this one
 9 years ago '04        #371
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
 philly337 said:
lol...didn't know being the 10th rated guy all time in PPG was better then being number 1...or being 17th in total points scored was better then being 3rd...must have missed that math lesson
Considering he had to play the first 7 or 8 years of his career with a player who averaged 25ppg and was in his prime, I'm pretty sure he had to sacrifice his game a little bit.
Since the triangle offense didn't exactly go through him either..

And not to mention in his first 2 or 3 years he didn't even start and Del Harris wouldn't put him in until he got more mature.
 9 years ago '04        #372
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
 Curtisimo said:
umm Kobe takes more of a degree of difficulty shots then jordan ever did
hence why his efficiancy is less then Jordans

if you wanna say is Jordan more efficient yes

but that doesnt mean Jordan is a better shooter if we are going by that then every f**king center and pf are better shooters then most guards

maybe you should judge both of them by anaylyzing their game by watching them instead of being a stat wh0ore

then come and talk to the kid
It's not even the degree of difficulty.
One operated as a slasher and in the post, while another operates as a jumpshooter.
 9 years ago '06        #373
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 str8_akademiks said:
Considering he had to play the first 7 or 8 years of his career with a player who averaged 25ppg and was in his prime, I'm pretty sure he had to sacrifice his game a little bit.
Since the triangle offense didn't exactly go through him either..

And not to mention in his first 2 or 3 years he didn't even start and Del Harris wouldn't put him in until he got more mature.
ok and jordan didn't play in his second year so basically all the stats i'm naming jordan did in 12 season and kobe did in 13 season...keep reachin.we been down this path..u already know the deal.....instead of arguin the point just dig up the threads we discussed this before
 9 years ago '06        #374
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
umm Kobe takes more of a degree of difficulty shots then jordan ever did
hence why his efficiancy is less then Jordans

if you wanna say is Jordan more efficient yes

but that doesnt mean Jordan is a better shooter if we are going by that then every f**king center and pf are better shooters then most guards

maybe you should judge both of them by anaylyzing their game by watching them instead of being a stat wh0ore

then come and talk to the kid
lol ok "KID" are u referring to these "difficult" shots as his post moves he basically stole from jordan and comes nowhere near as good?Or are u referring to long range shots...like ummm let's say 3 pointers where jordan shot 33% for his career and kobe shot 34%?

fall back
 9 years ago '09        #375
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
 philly337 said:
actually u got it twisted...teenagers are the one who think kobe are better...i have not met many people who saw jordan play think kobe really comes close as far as all time..he's just the closest 2 guard to him.Kobe ain't even the best laker and jordan has already been put above shaq,kareem,and magic on the all time list...3 guys kobe can't say he rates higher above on the all times list..and u say u people only rate jordan based off of his stas,awars,championship,and accomplishments...lol that's about everything u rate a guy off of lol

and lol at havin more talen now then the 80's and 90's.Is that why 38 year old jordan who couldn't even barely dunk anymore was 7th in scoring with like 15 games to go int he seaons till his kness started f**kin with him?The dude was still holdin his own at 38-40,hittin game winners,and being the leader of a team who was in playoff contention and had rip hmilton on there
Im saying the people who say is Jordan is the best, and say f**k Kobe, they are the same "age" as your saying the Kobe fans are... If you really watched Jordan, you would know that Jordan is not HIGH and ABOVE Kobe like people say.... He is the best but he is not uncatchable... If he was uncatchable and he was the media's darling, and everyone hates Kobe, ESPN and folks wouldnt be saying "can Kobe catch Jordan?" Becuase if it wasnt possible, they wouldnt mention it... The kids that never seen Jordan play, put him on a pedestal and they act like theres only room for 1... Now dont get me wrong Jordan is the best and created the standard about what you need to be, to be the best in your class or even ALL TIME...
 9 years ago '06        #376
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
Ill say it again

@any idiot thinking Jordan is a better shooter then Kobe

I'm done I let yall f**king nutt huggers battle it out
any idiot who thinks a player is a better shooter who played the same positions,has less total points,averaged less points a game,and shot a lesser FG% can just sit down and let grown folk talk
 9 years ago '08        #377
MAKAVELI2199 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,384 | Props total: 181 181
 Lil Jay 05 said:
Kobe's SHooting>Jordans Shooting
once you sober up you'll delete this post i'm a.ssuming
 9 years ago '06        #378
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 TheG1ftedOne said:
Im saying the people who say is Jordan is the best, and say f**k Kobe, they are the same "age" as your saying the Kobe fans are... If you really watched Jordan, you would know that Jordan is not HIGH and ABOVE Kobe like people say.... He is the best but he is not uncatchable... If he was uncatchable and he was the media's darling, and everyone hates Kobe, ESPN and folks wouldnt be saying "can Kobe catch Jordan?" Becuase if it wasnt possible, they wouldnt mention it... The kids that never seen Jordan play, put him on a pedestal and they act like theres only room for 1... Now dont get me wrong Jordan is the best and created the standard about what you need to be, to be the best in your class or even ALL TIME...
i see what ur saying and agree he is not uncatchable but for kobe he is..kobe has 13 ears in nba and that's what mike played with the bulls..and it's not close right now.he might be able to play 20 seaosn like kareem and have some better "totals" but that's it

and the media is always lookin fo the next great thing...harold minor,tracy mcgrady,vince carter,allen iverson,kobe,lebron,grant hill...they was all labeled as the next jordan and all faded away...even kobe has faded away once or twice but is the only one to remain in discussion
 9 years ago '09        #379
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
 philly337 said:
any idiot who thinks a player is a better shooter who played the same positions,has less total points,averaged less points a game,and shot a lesser FG% can just sit down and let grown folk talk
Your making my point for me... Whoever thinks Jordan is a better shooter than Kobe is sadly mistaken, again n*ggas wanna try and bring stats into the conversation to validate their statement, only becuase they never really saw Jordan play....

I dont understand why these conversations go on about Kobe and MJ in here, when 90% of the people never even saw Jordan in his prime
 9 years ago '06        #380
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Curtisimo said:

notice I said shooter not scorer

Jordan stans are hilarious
ok and i u judge a shooter by FG% and if u anna go strictly long range u go by 3 point...and kobe has him by a whollllleeee 1%
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
37 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
286 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
150 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
54 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
19 hours ago