Official Kobe vs Jordan Thread

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
139 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
192 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
235 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Is Better ?
Kobe Bryant 21 19.81%
Michael Jordan 90 84.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #281
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
 jdawgkemp said:
Yeah swept at the age of 22....

Oh and I forgot somebody else

Healthy D-Wade >>>>>>>>>>> Kobe
No doubt...He still got swept. He will win one before he retires.

D-Wade had one of the best finals ever. It's too bad he can't stay healthy. It sucks that the one aspect of his game that makes him good, is the same reason why he's always hurt.

I still belive that kobe is the best though. Nowhere close to MJ, but still the best right now...
 9 years ago '07        #282
younglynx 
space
space
space
$47 | Props total: 41 41
 hood135 said:

[pic - click to view]

:rolleyes: I was being SARCASTIC genius!
Whoever made this thread needs to k!ll themselves!!!! :banghead: Its nice that you provides some stats to prove your point, but MJ laid out the blueprint for Kobe's success. Kobe has to live up to MJ, not the other way around!!!!

Kobe had SHAQ!!!!!

Why do people for get that sh*t! Would Kobe have those rings? noooooooooooo! He might be in the same boat as A.I. , good player with no rings! but i give credit where credit is due. KOBE is the best in the NBA right now and has the potential to eventually be better than MJ. but first he needs a better center because the shyt i seen last night in GAME 6 was absoulutely embarrassing!
:applause:
 9 years ago '05        #283
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,062 | Props total: 6966 6966
Kobe is a loser...he let me down of course he was gonna lose it's the Celtics but he got sh*t onnnnnnnn....it's always been fu*k that n*gga, but I thought he was the GOAT.....Jordan would never choke like he did....

this discussion is over!
 9 years ago '07        #284
younglynx 
space
space
space
$47 | Props total: 41 41
 hood135 said:

[pic - click to view]

If Kobe and MJ played an one-on-one game today, Kobe would kick his a.ss. Thats real.
Of Course DIP-sh*t!!!!!!! MJ Is way older than KOBE
 9 years ago '06        #285
ItIsWhatItIs 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,675 | Props total: 200 200
beating somebody in a 1 on 1 dont mean shyt
 9 years ago '07        #286
BluBlazn 
space
space
space
$101 | Props total: 47 47
jordan never lost a playoff series yall niggs fools fu*k points the point iz rings.6 wit scott hes not bilt to be compared wit mike
 06-18-2008, 11:40 AM         #287
Young.Cutthroat  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Now this thread can be locked. The Celtics r*ped Kobe like he did that white girl in Colorado. Kobe shouldnt be in the same sentence as the great Michael Jordan. I didnt mean to put him in the same sentence with him that time....
 9 years ago '04        #288
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
did MJ win those rings by himself?
 06-18-2008, 11:48 AM         #289
Young.Cutthroat  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DPGUNIT said:
did MJ win those rings by himself?
He made players around him better and LED his team to those rings. He wasnt the second option on an "all-star" team like Kobe was.
NEXT EXCUSE!!!
 9 years ago '07        #290
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
 BluBlazn said:
jordan never lost a playoff series yall niggs fools fu*k points the point iz rings.6 wit scott hes not bilt to be compared wit mike
Your right about MJ > the KB, but Mj did lose in playoff series. He's never lost in a finals, but I remember him getting k!lled by the Pistons Bad Boys, in the late 80's...
 06-18-2008, 11:50 AM         #291
Young.Cutthroat  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dope Bai said:
Your right about MJ > the KB, but Mj did lose in playoff series. He's never lost in a finals, but I remember him getting k!lled by the Pistons Bad Boys, in the late 80's...
And thats cool because that's gonna happen to every great player on their way to a championship.
 9 years ago '04        #292
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
 Young.Cutthroat said:
He made players around him better and LED his team to those rings. He wasnt the second option on an "all-star" team like Kobe was.
NEXT EXCUSE!!!
It wasnt an excuse
 9 years ago '07        #293
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
 Young.Cutthroat said:
And thats cool because that's gonna happen to every great player on their way to a championship.
Yeah man. For sure. That sh*t made him tough. It was like three straight years (I think - too much trees, really does affect your memory), that he was getting thrown all over the place by the Bad Boys. I remember the year he finally got past them, and it was like a he already won the ring.
 9 years ago '04        #294
Mathias13 
space
space
$1,253 | Props total: 0 0
Kobe just couldn't make it happen even with the well-supported cast around him...he just couldn't take over the ball game...no k!ller instinct..in those situations, MJ would automatically know to carry the team on his back...it's in his hands...Kobe couldn't do it
 9 years ago '05        #295
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
 dpgunit said:
did Mj Win Those Rings By Himself?

Did The Team Win Rings When He Left?
 9 years ago '04        #296
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
Kobe is the only person who can be in this discussion, but its still not close yet IMO. Kobe actually might have more skills than Jordan, but he doesn't have that same edge. This Finals definitely told me something about Kobe (maybe more about his team/coach). They came out playing hard for like the first 9 minutes of every game, attacking the basket, exuding defensive tenacity, etc. Then they just disappear and hang their heads. It's fu*king pathetic.

I know Jordan had Pippen, and I'll admit that Kobe's team is mediocre. Gasol is softer than Downy and has poor court awareness (how many times did he get blindsided in the post? Palm that sh*t above yoru head), Odom is an inconsistent liability [at times] who can't use his right and falls in love with his inconsistent jumpshot. The bench is suspect as sh*t; Farmar and Walton are useless, Turiaf does nothing on offense, etc.

I just didn't see that fire in Kobe's eyes at all this series. Not once did he try to step up and take over when they needed him to. How many times did Jordan not initiate the offense, or at least TOUCH the ball every possession? Now I guess I can partially blame Kobe's teammates/coach because you'll see him get open and call for it every so often and they throw it the other way.

The Lakers need to make a LOT of changes. They have too many players who 1) don't know their role and try to do more than they should or 2) just flat out suck a.ss.

I think once Bynum comes back next year they'll be better off, but they also need to make some changes. Radmonovich is a defensive liability with a LOW basketball IQ in general. Farmar does nothing but walk the ball up court and pass to someone else to initiate offense. He'll hit a WIDE OPEN three now and then, but he'll miss just as many. Luke Walton is a waste of a roster space. Ariza I'm not sure about, he needs to get healthy before I judge him on the Lakers.

Kobe needs more to show more intensity and get better teammates before he can really be compared to Jordan. I think they'll be back in the Finals next year, but whether they can beat the Celtics when they see them for a rematch is another issue itself.
 09-25-2008, 04:39 PM         #297
502forLife  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
[pic - click to view]

Also this 23 one day may be before 24
[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #298
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
word son????????????? is that how you feel?????
 9 years ago '04        #299
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
im curious as to why i actually click some of these threads

but remember, 24 is always 1 better than 23 :rolleyes:
 09-25-2008, 04:48 PM         #300
502forLife  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DPGUNIT said:
word son????????????? is that how you feel?????
Just a smitch
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
50 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
50 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
66 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy