Official Kobe vs Jordan Thread

most viewed right now
LIVENATION cancels Jeremih from the rest of his touring...
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - America Today, In Cartoons...
13 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Punches Kangaroo To Save Dog
62 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Would you bang this chick?
30 comments
@misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Is Better ?
Kobe Bryant 21 19.81%
Michael Jordan 90 84.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-18-2008, 12:15 AM         #241
U.G.K. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
*Looks at avy*

*Nods head and Walks out the thread*
 8 years ago '06        #242
philly337 18 heat pts18
space
space
$26,076 | Props total: 3186 3186
 TheT said:
That's what I'm trying to tell people skill wise he's better but, as a winner he can't touch Jordan. He really fu*ked that up tonight. I don't care if he wins 5 more rings they're not going to compare him to Jordan again
lol but he's not better skill wise...i'd say he's the closest to jordan as far as his fluidness and how good his technique is but jordan had a better shot,better defense,better fade way,more ups,more acrobatic,better passer...i mean...i think the only thing kobe can argue he's as good at skill wise is MAYBE shooting but i don't think he compares there either
 06-18-2008, 12:17 AM         #243
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
i expse myself because ur eyes are so full of tears from kobe gettin locked down u can't read?Boy whatu know about orda sh*ttin on the pacers reggie miller and rik smits very year?John starks and eing gettn cmaked with spike lee on the sidelines shakin his head every year when mike would light em up in the fourth?How about kevin johnson,dan marjle,and barkley havintheir sh*t snached from em and looki like the lakers tonight starin at their shoes....lyd drexler and jordan goin at on nbc...please hut te fu*k up cause i bet this is the latest u been up since ur 9th grade year ended 2 weeks ago
LMAO with the good theres always the sh*t that u never catch...

What you know about MJ shooting his heart out and being called a great based on getting swept against the Celtics but murking the team regardless

What u know about MJ struggling shooting wise from 42% from the field in the Finals against the Sonics but still won because of team defense.

What u know about MJ having about 52 att in a game against Orlando and about 1-2 a.ssists and people have the nerve to call Kobe a ball hog for his 81 pt performance.

Last edited by Andre3000; 06-18-2008 at 12:19 AM..
 06-18-2008, 12:19 AM         #244
Blue Cartwright 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This thread has some of the most terrifying levels of stan-ism I've EVER seen.

These cats got The Game stans like :wow:
 8 years ago '06        #245
philly337 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Andre3000 said:

What you know about MJ shooting his heart out and being called the GOAT to ever play based on getting swept against the Celtics but murking his team regardless

What u know about MJ struggling shooting wise from 42% from the field in the Finals against the Sonics but still won because of team defense.

What u know about MJ having about 52 att in a game and about 1-2 a.ssists and people have the nerve to call Kobe a ball hog for his 81 pt performance.
lol wow just stop...are u serious?JOrdan has a series where he shot 42%...why don't u check kobe's ALL TIME shoooting % in the nba finals since ur lookin up stats lol.I'll start u off..he was about 40% before this finals
 8 years ago '06        #246
philly337 18 heat pts18
space
space
i'm goin to bed though...have fun tryin to sleep kobe d*ckriders...i never had the feeling of losing in the finals...but my team did have the GOAT and not some wannabe...he didn't let his team lose by 40 hahahaha
 8 years ago '04        #247
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$38,695 | Props total: 1421 1421
 philly337 said:
are u fu*kin kidding me ur goin to the rules?The rukes nowadays are MADE for people to score...back in the day their was no defense three second rule..and i really dont feel like argui with u cause I KNOW u didn't watch back then if ur sayin double teams were rare on jordan..that's all the ever fu*kin did..why u think he always had paxson,armostrong,kerr and every other bull open?

and where did i say i watched him late in his career what the fu*k are u smokin?I started really watchin the nba between around 1990..honestly don't remembet the year but know i was collectin basketball cards and watchin the games every night on tv a few years before his first retirment and used to watch recorded games back in the day my family had so don't speak on sh*t u don't know about...i lived basketball growin up
If today's game is made for people to score, then why is it that today's game has a slower pace, lower average ppg, lower amount of FTA and lower average fg%?? That's just some bullsh*t cop-out excuse like the hand check rule used by casual basketball fans to try and explain why basketball is now "watered down" and past it's hayday.
And you must be equally stupid for asking why people were open if there was no such thing as double teams. If you could read correctly, I never said there was so such thing as double teams. I said they were rarely used, and when they were used, they were only used to sometimes trap on pick and roll or if the player was near the paint.
There was a certain amount of time a player was allowed to double-team without picking up an illegal defense call.
As to why people were open. Have you ever heard of transition offense? How about screens or pick and rolls?
There was no defensive 3 seconds. Yes, you're right. But guess what, the lack of zone defense was the reason why. When zone defenses were allowed, a defensive 3 second rule was implemented to prevent players from camping out in the paint. Obviously it wasn't an issue anytime in the NBA before then.

Anything else I missed out on?
 06-18-2008, 12:28 AM         #248
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
lol wow just stop...are u serious?JOrdan has a series where he shot 42%...why don't u check kobe's ALL TIME shoooting % in the nba finals since ur lookin up stats lol.I'll start u off..he was about 40% before this finals
Im not comparing Kobe to MJ anymore. But the "Ohh MJ was invincible" sh*t needs to cease.
 8 years ago '06        #249
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,946 | Props total: 564 564
Wow this thread is wrong on so many levels. I think I missed this thread when it was first created but I am pretty sure everyone has already blasted him.

The only thing I give Kobe that he is better than Mike on is his athleticism (which is only important to casual NBA fans), his ball handling, and has more range on his jumper which probably hurts more than it helps because it leads to more bad shots.

Jordan was just far superior in every other aspect of the game when it came to basketball IQ, his strong mentality, and his better shot selection which shows by his career FG% of 49+.
 8 years ago '08        #250
PEK 11 heat pts11
space
space
$9,960 | Props total: 1082 1082
I gotta give some of yall Kobe stans props. Yall are the most loyal d*ckriders I've ever seen. The fact that yall still try to make excuses for Kobe after this epic failure shows character. But at the end of the day MJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe and its really not even close.
 8 years ago '04        #251
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Trap$tar said:
Wow this thread is wrong on so many levels. I think I missed this thread when it was first created but I am pretty sure everyone has already blasted him.

The only thing I give Kobe that he is better than Mike on is his athleticism (which is only important to casual NBA fans), his ball handling, and has more range on his jumper which probably hurts more than it helps because it leads to more bad shots.

Jordan was just far superior in every other aspect of the game when it came to basketball IQ, his strong mentality, and his better shot selection which shows by his career FG% of 49+.
No way was Kobe ever more athletic than MJ.
And the fg% is almost a direct representation of MJ's slashing and post ability. MJ was able to take advantage of smaller and inferior players than him and he was probably the best post player in the game.
The guard post game is now nearly nonexistant.
 8 years ago '08        #252
PEK 11 heat pts11
space
space
 str8_akademiks said:
No way was Kobe ever more athletic than MJ.
And the fg% is almost a direct representation of MJ's slashing and post ability. MJ was able to take advantage of smaller and inferior players than him and he was probably the best post player in the game.
The guard post game is now nearly nonexistant.
Still making excuses. Kobe is just as athletic as MJ was. And the guards back then are the same size they are now. MJ is the goat so of course that makes everyone inferior to him. And Kobe could post up and work from the post if he wasn't so busy launching contested long range jumpshots. Kobe is just not as smart as MJ on the court period.
 8 years ago '04        #253
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 PEK said:
Still making excuses. Kobe is just as athletic as MJ was. And the guards back then are the same size they are now. MJ is the goat so of course that makes everyone inferior to him. And Kobe could post up and work from the post if he wasn't so busy launching contested long range jumpshots. Kobe is just not as smart as MJ on the court period.
How is athleticism an excuse?

MJ was one of the greatest athletes of all time and that's a reason why he was so great at getting to the rim.
Posting up for a guard is a lot harder now than before.
Lots of weak side help, larger & more athletic defenders, weak side loading.

It's much less effective for a guard to post up and go into the paint now.
 8 years ago '04        #254
dre03 
space
space
$9,541 | Props total: 989 989
 Andre3000 said:

What you know about MJ shooting his heart out and being called a great based on getting swept against the Celtics but murking the team regardless

What u know about MJ having about 52 att in a game against Orlando and about 1-2 a.ssists and people have the nerve to call Kobe a ball hog for his 81 pt performance.
Dre now know you are only 18 years old at best... Jordan was criticized more than Kobe ever was his first 5 years in the league for ball hogging... Since Jordan was a huge icon the media k!lled him about losing every year to the pistons because he didnt trust his teammates... It wasnt until Phil Jackson came along that finally changed and Jordan changed his philosophy

You have video of Jordans old coach saying he will never lead a team to the championship because he is too selfish literally word for word... Jordan was criticized back in those days but to know that you had to have lived through it... But once Jordan got a taste of winning he didnt lose again he knew what he had to do to win...

And you argument about he had the greatest defense team is ridiculous seeing how he won with two totally different teams... The first year they beat the Lakers the Bulls werent even a top 5 defense they gave up 106 points per game... The Pistons were always the best or one of the best defenses... It wasnt until Jordans second 3 peat that his team was considered great defensively and that was only because of Dennis Rodman joining... Nobody thought of Luc Longley, Buechler, Wennington, Kerr and Kukoc as defensive threats
 8 years ago '04        #255
dre03 
space
space
$9,541 | Props total: 989 989
 str8_akademiks said:

MJ was one of the greatest athletes of all time and that's a reason why he was so great at getting to the rim.

No i dont agree with that seeing how Wade and Lebron the two dominant guards live in the paint and it has won those two final appearances and a championship... Kobe just is more comfortable shooting long perimeter shots when he plays from the post the Lakers play pretty good because there is no defense really for a guard posting
 06-18-2008, 12:54 AM         #256
Blue Cartwright 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Kobe: I played like Jamal Crawford tonight daddy, I'm sorry.

MJ: It's okay son.......hey......at least you have your misguided, delusional

stans shoulders to cry on. Now c'mon son let's go dance with some

white women!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[pic - click to view]

MJ: Uh-oh! Look at Greg over there!

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Blue Cartwright; 06-18-2008 at 12:55 AM..
 8 years ago '08        #257
PEK 11 heat pts11
space
space
 str8_akademiks said:

Kobe is also one hell of an athlete. And posting up now is the same as back then, probobly easier with no hand check rule. And there are plenty of people that get to the rim with less athleticism than kobe. ie, Ginobly, Tony Parker, CP3, Dwade. Its ok to say it dude, dont be embarrassed. MJ>>>>>>Kobe
 06-18-2008, 12:58 AM         #258
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dre03 said:
Dre now know you are only 18 years old at best... Jordan was criticized more than Kobe ever was his first 5 years in the league for ball hogging... Since Jordan was a huge icon the media k!lled him about losing every year to the pistons because he didnt trust his teammates... It wasnt until Phil Jackson came along that finally changed and Jordan changed his philosophy

You have video of Jordans old coach saying he will never lead a team to the championship because he is too selfish literally word for word... Jordan was criticized back in those days but to know that you had to have lived through it... But once Jordan got a taste of winning he didnt lose again he knew what he had to do to win...

And you argument about he had the greatest defense team is ridiculous seeing how he won with two totally different teams... The first year they beat the Lakers the Bulls werent even a top 5 defense they gave up 106 points per game... The Pistons were always the best or one of the best defenses... It wasnt until Jordans second 3 peat that his team was considered great defensively and that was only because of Dennis Rodman joining... Nobody thought of Luc Longley, Buechler, Wennington, Kerr and Kukoc as defensive threats
When did I say MJ wasn't criticized for being a ballhog?? Why the fu*k do u always put words in my mouth???

And again when the fu*k did I say they had the greatest defensive team ever or some sh*t?? I said they won the Finals off of great defense and they never were a horrible team defensively regardless tho they showed signs of it. MJ had 1 great defensive player in Pippen with him always in his winning times. Pippens defense on Magic was pivotal in MJs 1st finals win. U cant sit here and say MJ won chips solely on his offense. My defense statement in that thread was broad overall I didn't get specific with it because I didn't need to.

Why is it that u take any post I make and make something totally new out of it??? U did the same dumb sh*t when u asked me name some1 that won more than 1 championship without a dominant big man and ur doing it again??

Last edited by Andre3000; 06-18-2008 at 01:08 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #259
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,946 | Props total: 564 564
 str8_akademiks said:

I still think Kobe is more atheltic because he is probably faster and jumps higher but you could only go by highlights on that so I agree that it is probably a wash. But anyway athletic ability is overrated since two of the best defenders in this league (Battier, and Bowen 2 years ago) are not even in the top of athletic players in the league.

Posting for a guard is still very effective and the only reason people think it is not is because less and less guards know how to do it. Kobe does it well but just not enough. Wing players like Bonzi Wells, Paul Pierce, Carmelo, and even Sam Cassell are great at this especially Bonzi.

Post up for wing players is a lost art that is why LeBron is critizied alot because he doesnt do this well and if he post up and improved his jumper then he has a chance to be the best basketball player of all time.

Oh and by the way str8, I applaud you for being able to talk about this game because if I was Laker fan I would have been pissed off and starting to snap at anyone who would talk to me. Heck I am like that everytime the Niners lost a playoff game. Not so much for the Bulls (except the 2005 Wizards series) because I expected them to lose.
 8 years ago '05        #260
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,651 | Props total: 3743 3743
somebody close this thread....this sh*t is worthless now
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
144 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
54 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
130 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
103 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
132 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you could have a threesome with 2...who would u pick?
113 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
94 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Street Fighter 5 Akuma Reveal Trailer - Playstation Experience 2016
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy