Official Kobe vs Jordan Thread

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
65 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
90 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Is Better ?
Kobe Bryant 21 19.81%
Michael Jordan 90 84.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #241
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 PEK said:
Still making excuses. Kobe is just as athletic as MJ was. And the guards back then are the same size they are now. MJ is the goat so of course that makes everyone inferior to him. And Kobe could post up and work from the post if he wasn't so busy launching contested long range jumpshots. Kobe is just not as smart as MJ on the court period.
How is athleticism an excuse?

MJ was one of the greatest athletes of all time and that's a reason why he was so great at getting to the rim.
Posting up for a guard is a lot harder now than before.
Lots of weak side help, larger & more athletic defenders, weak side loading.

It's much less effective for a guard to post up and go into the paint now.
 9 years ago '04        #242
dre03 
space
space
$10,169 | Props total: 2451 2451
 Andre3000 said:
LMAO with the good theres always the sh*t that u never catch...

What you know about MJ shooting his heart out and being called a great based on getting swept against the Celtics but murking the team regardless

What u know about MJ struggling shooting wise from 42% from the field in the Finals against the Sonics but still won because of team defense.

What u know about MJ having about 52 att in a game against Orlando and about 1-2 a.ssists and people have the nerve to call Kobe a ball hog for his 81 pt performance.
Dre now know you are only 18 years old at best... Jordan was criticized more than Kobe ever was his first 5 years in the league for ball hogging... Since Jordan was a huge icon the media k!lled him about losing every year to the pistons because he didnt trust his teammates... It wasnt until Phil Jackson came along that finally changed and Jordan changed his philosophy

You have video of Jordans old coach saying he will never lead a team to the championship because he is too selfish literally word for word... Jordan was criticized back in those days but to know that you had to have lived through it... But once Jordan got a taste of winning he didnt lose again he knew what he had to do to win...

And you argument about he had the greatest defense team is ridiculous seeing how he won with two totally different teams... The first year they beat the Lakers the Bulls werent even a top 5 defense they gave up 106 points per game... The Pistons were always the best or one of the best defenses... It wasnt until Jordans second 3 peat that his team was considered great defensively and that was only because of Dennis Rodman joining... Nobody thought of Luc Longley, Buechler, Wennington, Kerr and Kukoc as defensive threats
 9 years ago '04        #243
dre03 
space
space
$10,169 | Props total: 2451 2451
 str8_akademiks said:

MJ was one of the greatest athletes of all time and that's a reason why he was so great at getting to the rim.

No i dont agree with that seeing how Wade and Lebron the two dominant guards live in the paint and it has won those two final appearances and a championship... Kobe just is more comfortable shooting long perimeter shots when he plays from the post the Lakers play pretty good because there is no defense really for a guard posting
 06-18-2008, 12:54 AM         #244
Blue Cartwright  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Kobe: I played like Jamal Crawford tonight daddy, I'm sorry.

MJ: It's okay son.......hey......at least you have your misguided, delusional

stans shoulders to cry on. Now c'mon son let's go dance with some

white women!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[pic - click to view]

MJ: Uh-oh! Look at Greg over there!

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Blue Cartwright; 06-18-2008 at 12:55 AM..
 9 years ago '08        #245
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,815 | Props total: 3447 3447
 str8_akademiks said:

Kobe is also one hell of an athlete. And posting up now is the same as back then, probobly easier with no hand check rule. And there are plenty of people that get to the rim with less athleticism than kobe. ie, Ginobly, Tony Parker, CP3, Dwade. Its ok to say it dude, dont be embarrassed. MJ>>>>>>Kobe
 06-18-2008, 12:58 AM         #246
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dre03 said:
Dre now know you are only 18 years old at best... Jordan was criticized more than Kobe ever was his first 5 years in the league for ball hogging... Since Jordan was a huge icon the media k!lled him about losing every year to the pistons because he didnt trust his teammates... It wasnt until Phil Jackson came along that finally changed and Jordan changed his philosophy

You have video of Jordans old coach saying he will never lead a team to the championship because he is too selfish literally word for word... Jordan was criticized back in those days but to know that you had to have lived through it... But once Jordan got a taste of winning he didnt lose again he knew what he had to do to win...

And you argument about he had the greatest defense team is ridiculous seeing how he won with two totally different teams... The first year they beat the Lakers the Bulls werent even a top 5 defense they gave up 106 points per game... The Pistons were always the best or one of the best defenses... It wasnt until Jordans second 3 peat that his team was considered great defensively and that was only because of Dennis Rodman joining... Nobody thought of Luc Longley, Buechler, Wennington, Kerr and Kukoc as defensive threats
When did I say MJ wasn't criticized for being a ballhog?? Why the fu*k do u always put words in my mouth???

And again when the fu*k did I say they had the greatest defensive team ever or some sh*t?? I said they won the Finals off of great defense and they never were a horrible team defensively regardless tho they showed signs of it. MJ had 1 great defensive player in Pippen with him always in his winning times. Pippens defense on Magic was pivotal in MJs 1st finals win. U cant sit here and say MJ won chips solely on his offense. My defense statement in that thread was broad overall I didn't get specific with it because I didn't need to.

Why is it that u take any post I make and make something totally new out of it??? U did the same dumb sh*t when u asked me name some1 that won more than 1 championship without a dominant big man and ur doing it again??

Last edited by Andre3000; 06-18-2008 at 01:08 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #247
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,883 | Props total: 2718 2718
 str8_akademiks said:

I still think Kobe is more atheltic because he is probably faster and jumps higher but you could only go by highlights on that so I agree that it is probably a wash. But anyway athletic ability is overrated since two of the best defenders in this league (Battier, and Bowen 2 years ago) are not even in the top of athletic players in the league.

Posting for a guard is still very effective and the only reason people think it is not is because less and less guards know how to do it. Kobe does it well but just not enough. Wing players like Bonzi Wells, Paul Pierce, Carmelo, and even Sam Cassell are great at this especially Bonzi.

Post up for wing players is a lost art that is why LeBron is critizied alot because he doesnt do this well and if he post up and improved his jumper then he has a chance to be the best basketball player of all time.

Oh and by the way str8, I applaud you for being able to talk about this game because if I was Laker fan I would have been pissed off and starting to snap at anyone who would talk to me. Heck I am like that everytime the Niners lost a playoff game. Not so much for the Bulls (except the 2005 Wizards series) because I expected them to lose.
 9 years ago '05        #248
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,064 | Props total: 6969 6969
somebody close this thread....this sh*t is worthless now
 9 years ago '04        #249
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 dre03 said:
No i dont agree with that seeing how Wade and Lebron the two dominant guards live in the paint and it has won those two final appearances and a championship... Kobe just is more comfortable shooting long perimeter shots when he plays from the post the Lakers play pretty good because there is no defense really for a guard posting
Well you saw Lebron wasn't able to get into the paint at all against the Spurs, and the same thing happened with Kobe.

Wade was getting to the paint and the free throw line at will because quite simply the Mavs weren't a strong defensive team and didn't have anyone to guard him.
 Trap$tar said:
I still think Kobe is more atheltic because he is probably faster and jumps higher but you could only go by highlights on that so I agree that it is probably a wash. But anyway athletic ability is overrated since two of the best defenders in this league (Battier, and Bowen 2 years ago) are not even in the top of athletic players in the league.

Posting for a guard is still very effective and the only reason people think it is not is because less and less guards know how to do it. Kobe does it well but just not enough. Wing players like Bonzi Wells, Paul Pierce, Carmelo, and even Sam Cassell are great at this especially Bonzi.

Post up for wing players is a lost art that is why LeBron is critizied alot because he doesnt do this well and if he post up and improved his jumper then he has a chance to be the best basketball player of all time.

Oh and by the way str8, I applaud you for being able to talk about this game because if I was Laker fan I would have been pissed off and starting to snap at anyone who would talk to me. Heck I am like that everytime the Niners lost a playoff game. Not so much for the Bulls (except the 2005 Wizards series) because I expected them to lose.
Yeah I pretty much agree with you man. I do remember a lot of players back in the day who were posting up but yeah Bonzi and Cassell are among the ones who are good at it now.

I'm pretty pissed off right now but I'm proud of our guys. Still one of the youngest teams in the NBA and it hurts a lot, but there's always next year. And as much as Kobe is criticized, I think he'll be able to get the team to the promiseland in the next 5-7 years he has left in his career.
 06-18-2008, 01:09 AM         #250
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kobe??? On My Level???

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #251
AnthonyCruz 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,828 | Props total: 2 2
 9 years ago '08        #252
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,815 | Props total: 3447 3447
Lmao!
 9 years ago '07        #253
infrared AJ6 12 heat pts12
space
space
$2,661 | Props total: 3277 3277
 9 years ago '05        #254
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,727 | Props total: 1874 1874
Props!
 06-18-2008, 01:16 AM         #255
U.G.K.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 9 years ago '07        #256
ptwist 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,106 | Props total: 6316 6316

OUCH!
 9 years ago '05        #257
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,727 | Props total: 1874 1874
WHERE'S THAT ONE LAKER FAN ON BOXDEN THAT SAYS THIS WHEN THEY TALK BOUT KOBE BEING BETTER THAN JORDAN..

"they just don't see it man.. they just don't see it"

CLOWN EXPOSE YOURSELF LOL..
 9 years ago '06        #258
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,982 | Props total: 4008 4008
 I_REP_VA said:
WHERE'S THAT ONE LAKER FAN ON BOXDEN THAT SAYS THIS WHEN THEY TALK BOUT KOBE BEING BETTER THAN JORDAN..

"they just don't see it man.. they just don't see it"

CLOWN EXPOSE YOURSELF LOL..
 9 years ago '05        #259
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,218 | Props total: 15780 15780
You have been officially propped thread starter
 9 years ago '05        #260
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,497 | Props total: 717 717
mj easy....kobe is amazing but not as good as mj
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy