most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #61
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
$18,279 | Props total: 66 66

The front squat uses more muscles.
 10 years ago '08        #62
Dat Nucka|m 
space
space
$1,953 | Props total: 0 0
Front Squats also dramatically increase your cleans.
 10 years ago '07        #63
Pr0pa_Sh0rti 
space
space
$4,993 | Props total: 10 10
I wanna do front squats but my arms arn't muscley like a mans they are real small and just thin. Is there anyway of doing them without hurting ya arms, like special way for smaller people.
 05-27-2008, 12:47 AM         #64
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Word...I read this thread last week...

So I started squating on a smithe-like machine for squats...

Man, my back felt like it was poppin out along with my hamstrings...the feeling was incredible.
 10 years ago '06        #65
whammy 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,557 | Props total: 379 379
 Pr0pa_Sh0rti said:
I wanna do front squats but my arms arn't muscley like a mans they are real small and just thin. Is there anyway of doing them without hurting ya arms, like special way for smaller people.
Do you do back squats? What is it that makes your arms hurt? Is it pain from your arms being shoulder width? The amount of weight being focused on your arms? Why do you want to do front squats?
 10 years ago '04        #66
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
$18,279 | Props total: 66 66
 Pr0pa_Sh0rti said:
pipe insulation.
 05-27-2008, 02:17 AM         #67
D.C. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 diplo said:
Word...I read this thread last week...

So I started squating on a smithe-like machine for squats...

Man, my back felt like it was poppin out along with my hamstrings...the feeling was incredible.
Wtf? Do not use the shirley machine for squats.
 10 years ago '07        #68
Pr0pa_Sh0rti 
space
space
 whammy said:
Do you do back squats? What is it that makes your arms hurt? Is it pain from your arms being shoulder width? The amount of weight being focused on your arms? Why do you want to do front squats?
Yea right now I do the olympic squat with weight on my shoulders, 65KG. But I've found that its hurting my back like my techniques a bit fu*ked so I wanna try front squat I think it will make my technique more balanced. And Im asking, if you do front squats will it hurt your arms? Coz I can take weight on my shoulders but I'm a female, weight on my chest or arms, especially when I'm a size 4-6 on top will fu*k me up lol. Coz my bottom half is a lot bigger than my top half. So my thighs and a.ss can handle the weight but my arms may not coz they're a lot weaker. Does that make sense? And I want to do them to build up my a.ss and thighs
 05-27-2008, 07:43 AM         #69
Skip2MyLou23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So should front squats be done the same day as regular squats or as a replacement?

Also, did anyone see those squats that target the glutes? I saw the .gif from the link posted above but I can't tell the difference.
 05-27-2008, 09:10 AM         #70
BKAntiks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lucifer said:
Squats

This is a deep squat
[pic - click to view]

I just started training to box & my trainer had me do a deep squat with the weight bar, I couldn't get back up!! It was mad aggrevating!! The fact that my upper body is way stronger impressed him, but it dumb-founded him that my legs weren't. Anyway, I started doing the squats w/o the weight bar, still was hard. It felt like I was leaning foward to get myself up & my heels weren't stayin firm on the floor.

Today I'm payin for it my quads & gluts are k!llING ME!!

Squats are essential, & leg strength is required in boxing.. I'll let yall know my progress..
 05-27-2008, 09:17 AM         #71
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D.C. said:
Wtf? Do not use the shirley machine for squats.
sh*t works. Can't use just a bar in my gym...no one to spot me.
 10 years ago '06        #72
whammy 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Pr0pa_Sh0rti said:
Yea right now I do the olympic squat with weight on my shoulders, 65KG. But I've found that its hurting my back like my techniques a bit fu*ked so I wanna try front squat I think it will make my technique more balanced. And Im asking, if you do front squats will it hurt your arms? Coz I can take weight on my shoulders but I'm a female, weight on my chest or arms, especially when I'm a size 4-6 on top will fu*k me up lol. Coz my bottom half is a lot bigger than my top half. So my thighs and a.ss can handle the weight but my arms may not coz they're a lot weaker. Does that make sense? And I want to do them to build up my a.ss and thighs
When you do a back squat where do you rest the bar?
 10 years ago '07        #73
Pr0pa_Sh0rti 
space
space
 BKAntiks said:
I just started training to box & my trainer had me do a deep squat with the weight bar, I couldn't get back up!! It was mad aggrevating!! The fact that my upper body is way stronger impressed him, but it dumb-founded him that my legs weren't. Anyway, I started doing the squats w/o the weight bar, still was hard. It felt like I was leaning foward to get myself up & my heels weren't stayin firm on the floor.

Today I'm payin for it my quads & gluts are k!llING ME!!

Squats are essential, & leg strength is required in boxing.. I'll let yall know my progress..
I feel you. I always tend to arch my back too much Im working on it but naturally I feel like imma fall forward if I don't
 10 years ago '07        #74
Pr0pa_Sh0rti 
space
space
 whammy said:
When you do a back squat where do you rest the bar?
On my shoulders with a foam matt wrapped round. Exactly like this:

05-27-2008, 10:29 AM         #75
BKAntiks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hmm, damn.. How do you decrease pain @fter workouts
 10 years ago '06        #76
whammy 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Pr0pa_Sh0rti said:
On my shoulders with a foam matt wrapped round. Exactly like this:

When you do squats is the bar at this position, is it higher or is it actually on your shoulders?

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '07        #77
Pr0pa_Sh0rti 
space
space
 whammy said:
When you do squats is the bar at this position, is it higher or is it actually on your shoulders?

[pic - click to view]

No its higher, like on my shoulders.
 10 years ago '07        #78
Pr0pa_Sh0rti 
space
space
 BKAntiks said:
Hmm, damn.. How do you decrease pain @fter workouts
Was this aimed @ me or everyone in the thread?

Me personally- I dunno I fu*ked up the bottom of my bck for a few days before and that HURT. Normally I rubbed baby lotion into the muscles that really helps.
 10 years ago '06        #79
whammy 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Pr0pa_Sh0rti said:
No its higher, like on my shoulders.
That's one reason why you're having back pain. You're putting a good amount of pressure on your spine as well.
 10 years ago '06        #80
whammy 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Pr0pa_Sh0rti said:
Was this aimed @ me or everyone in the thread?

Me personally- I dunno I fu*ked up the bottom of my bck for a few days before and that HURT. Normally I rubbed baby lotion into the muscles that really helps.
Try . It's what they use on the racehorses when they have soreness or stiffness.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
187 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy