most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
79 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #21
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
$18,279 | Props total: 66 66
 $tr3tch said:
damn near everyone hates squats. People in general want to be huge, but don't want to pay the price to get there. Squats are absolutely ESSENTIAL and cannot be replaced. The only reason anyone should be backing off back squats is if you have back issues. Outside of that, stop being a little bi*ch and starting squating.
No doubt, but I lift alone. LOL, and you cant really do anything if you reach failure with squats but let 335 just fall off your shoulders, it sucks, I've done it before, I had to buy a squat rack. I just try to be a hero and go as deep as I can.

123456 said:
^^that might be why i cant get out of my plateau....fu*ked up my back last year because of bad form on my deadlifts (couldnt walk for a week)
damn dude, lol, that must have sucked. How much were you lifting? Were you doing roman or regular?

I just do romans, because for the regular deadlifting, you can get the same exercise with powercleans and squats. So romans, just isolate on the spine specifically.
 05-01-2008, 12:51 PM         #22
NickthaQuick1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
been lifting for 2 years with "OK" results...nothing huge. ive NEVER EVEN TRIED to squat once

after i graduate college next month ill be back home with my workout friends, plan on making squats and lower body in general a major part of my workout routein...this might be a stupid question but are leg presses similar to squats?

also how do you put some major weight up on the back and just have it sitting on your shoulders, i tried it on a smith once and had to put it right back on the rack sh*t hurt so much...can someone send me a link with proper form or something?
 10 years ago '04        #23
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,272 | Props total: 273 273
 Lucifer said:
damn dude, lol, that must have sucked. How much were you lifting? Were you doing roman or regular?
i was doing regular ones...i was a beginner though so i didnt know wtf i was doin. what pissed me off is AFTER i finished all my sets, my cousin comes up to me and was like "bro your form was way off." next day my lower back was fu*ked. til now i gotta go to the chiropractor to get work done on it
 05-01-2008, 12:59 PM         #24
EarlLee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 123456 said:
^^that might be why i cant get out of my plateau....fu*ked up my back last year because of bad form on my deadlifts (couldnt walk for a week)
DB squats put less strain on your back. You can't go as heavy but its better than not doing them at all.
 10 years ago '04        #25
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
 NickthaQuick1 said:
been lifting for 2 years with "OK" results...nothing huge. ive NEVER EVEN TRIED to squat once

after i graduate college next month ill be back home with my workout friends, plan on making squats and lower body in general a major part of my workout routein...this might be a stupid question but are leg presses similar to squats?

also how do you put some major weight up on the back and just have it sitting on your shoulders, i tried it on a smith once and had to put it right back on the rack sh*t hurt so much...can someone send me a link with proper form or something?
Squats require your whole body to tighten up and remain stable, leg press is more of an isolation exercise. You're better off doing squats than leg presses, they are so much more effective in building mass and strength. Squats require a lot more concentration and effort to push up.

What I do for my Olympic bar is put a piping insulation, it looks like this.

[pic - click to view]

Get it for the bar width, and put it in the middle, enough to cover your neck and shoulders to avoid the pain on your bones.

Its cheap, you can find it at lowes or home depot for like 2 bucks for a 6 foot long piece.

If you're having problems with your back, you need to work more on your shoulders/ traps and get more mass on it, dont let it stay on your spine, but more on your traps.

This is a deep squat
[pic - click to view]

People say you're not suppose to make your knees bend more than 90 degrees, but if you're doing it properly, you wont hurt yourself
 10 years ago '04        #26
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
 123456 said:
i was doing regular ones...i was a beginner though so i didnt know wtf i was doin. what pissed me off is AFTER i finished all my sets, my cousin comes up to me and was like "bro your form was way off." next day my lower back was fu*ked. til now i gotta go to the chiropractor to get work done on it
Let me guess, you were arching your back?
 10 years ago '04        #27
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,272 | Props total: 273 273
 Lucifer said:
Let me guess, you were arching your back?
yea arching my back like this...not this much though i wasn't THAT stupid:
 10 years ago '07        #28
etherem 
space
space
$353 | Props total: 45 45
 OldeEnglish22oz said:
Yup... Never use to fucc with tha squats.. Now I hit that sh*t with my lower body workouts. I do the heavy sh*t with the back squats. Lighter sh*t with the front squats. No one fucc with tha front squats like me at tha gym. They think i'm a crazy a.ss mutha'fer.
LOOOKIN a.ssSSSSS
 10 years ago '08        #29
Dat Nucka|m 
space
space
$1,953 | Props total: 0 0
As always..im here with my most common statement

Deadlifts >>

*leaves*
 05-06-2008, 10:01 PM         #30
crownjewelz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You build up your traps you wont have to use no padded pipping.....

Lucifer said:
Squats require your whole body to tighten up and remain stable, leg press is more of an isolation exercise. You're better off doing squats than leg presses, they are so much more effective in building mass and strength. Squats require a lot more concentration and effort to push up.

What I do for my Olympic bar is put a piping insulation, it looks like this.

[pic - click to view]

Get it for the bar width, and put it in the middle, enough to cover your neck and shoulders to avoid the pain on your bones.

Its cheap, you can find it at lowes or home depot for like 2 bucks for a 6 foot long piece.

If you're having problems with your back, you need to work more on your shoulders/ traps and get more mass on it, dont let it stay on your spine, but more on your traps.

This is a deep squat
[pic - click to view]

People say you're not suppose to make your knees bend more than 90 degrees, but if you're doing it properly, you wont hurt yourself
 10 years ago '04        #31
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 693 693
well, i guess i need to jump on these...

i'm trying to lose weight, not really bulk up yet, and mostly i'm hitting cardio HARD (30 treadmill, 30 elliptical, the rest on chest press and row machine). So far, i'm at a stalemate, since from the middle of march to the middle of april i dropped 15 lbs.

so, will squatting help me lose weight?

also, when is it most effective to do squats? I usually start with 20-30 mins on the treadmill, then about 60 reps on the row machine (15x4), then 50 reps on the chest press (10x5), and end with about 20-30 mins on the elliptical.

how do leg presses compare to squats?

Last edited by DIGI; 05-06-2008 at 10:39 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #32
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
 crownjewelz said:
You build up your traps you wont have to use no padded pipping.....
Yeah I know, I mentioned that. But I just prefer it, its more comfortable.

<<InphDigi>> said:
well, i guess i need to jump on these...

i'm trying to lose weight, not really bulk up yet, and mostly i'm hitting cardio HARD (30 treadmill, 30 elliptical, the rest on chest press and row machine). So far, i'm at a stalemate, since from the middle of march to the middle of april i dropped 15 lbs.

so, will squatting help me lose weight?

also, when is it most effective to do squats? I usually start with 20-30 mins on the treadmill, then about 60 reps on the row machine (15x4), then 50 reps on the chest press (10x5), and end with about 20-30 mins on the elliptical.

how do leg presses compare to squats?

It should, if it you do it about 15 reps. Squats work out more than just legs, they trigger your whole body to stabilize.
 05-07-2008, 09:49 AM         #33
master467 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i prefer deadlifts.
 10 years ago '08        #34
Dat Nucka|m 
space
space
$1,953 | Props total: 0 0
^Like deadlifts, Squats are essential to great muscle gain.
 05-18-2008, 06:24 PM         #35
NickthaQuick1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow just did my first day back in my gym since i graduated college...chose to do legs on a sunday morning and i threw in squatts for the first time...DAMN those things work your legs. even after my first set of doing 25's on each side (yeah i know i started slow) i could feel muscles in my legs and a.ss (no homo) i never knew i had... we'll see how sore ill be tomorrow but right now my legs feel like jello. took in about 200g of protein today so hopefully that will aid in my recovery.. ill keep ya posted on how they help the rest of my lifts
 05-18-2008, 09:28 PM         #36
therock86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i do alot of squats, squat cleans as well...i need the explosiveness for football from the cleans

squating to me is the best thing for legs

Last edited by therock86; 05-18-2008 at 09:29 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #37
filleezcustoms 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,649 | Props total: 299 299
 OldeEnglish22oz said:
Yup... Never use to fucc with tha squats.. Now I hit that sh*t with my lower body workouts. I do the heavy sh*t with the back squats. Lighter sh*t with the front squats. No one fucc with tha front squats like me at tha gym. They think i'm a crazy a.ss mutha'fer.
im doin 225 fromt squats and i get nothing but stares

225 aint sh*t really

good testimonial too
 10 years ago '04        #38
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
lol@ stares for 225. damn, where do you work out?
 05-18-2008, 09:52 PM         #39
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 filleezcustoms said:
im doin 225 fromt squats and i get nothing but stares

225 aint sh*t really

good testimonial too
You sure those aren't "what a pus*y" stares?
 10 years ago '04        #40
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
Squats should be the backbone to every solid workout plan, males and ESPECIALLY females.
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
166 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
90 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
227 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
134 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy