Start Squatting NOW

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
52 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '08        #1
5655 pageviews
104 comments

TheKid21 
space
space
$1,231 | Props total: 0 0
Start Squatting NOW

Around two months ago, I posted a thread asking about the benefits of squatting and if it would make me stronger overall because I had kind of plateaued as far as bench went for a while. I got some really good feedback saying that squatting was essential to a full workout. Well it's two months later and my bench has gone up at least 50 pounds for reps. Just wanted to let people know that if squatting isn't a regular part of your workout, put it in cause it helped me alot.

104 comments for "Start Squatting NOW"

10 years ago '05        #2
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,469 | Props total: 4414 4414
Yup... Never use to fucc with tha squats.. Now I hit that sh*t with my lower body workouts. I do the heavy sh*t with the back squats. Lighter sh*t with the front squats. No one fucc with tha front squats like me at tha gym. They think i'm a crazy a.ss mutha'fer.
 10 years ago '08        #3
Dat Nucka|m 
space
space
$1,953 | Props total: 0 0
"Tried to tell 'em"
 04-30-2008, 11:51 AM         #4
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Squats and Deadlifts>

Make sure it's a full squat. Your legs should be parallel to ground at the LEAST.
 10 years ago '05        #5
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,469 | Props total: 4414 4414
Yeah, I'm basically at an upside down L shape. I seen some Squats that look like < with their legs.. I be trying to tell em... sh*t just doesn't look right.
 04-30-2008, 12:51 PM         #6
kokaine 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"shut up and squat" ... thats ronnie colemant there for ya ..... when i plateaued in my bench presses ... i went to squats and dealifts myself.... and i increased my bench 2 folds.... but make sure yall go deep and actually work the main muscle groups instead of going half a.ssed....
 10 years ago '07        #7
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,003 | Props total: 1380 1380
I know it does help, but how does squating help bench
 04-30-2008, 02:06 PM         #8
kokaine 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ok I am not a guru at this. But to my understanding- in layman's terms, is that the lower leg development drastically regulates better hormonal function, which in turn allows full body growth ... if you neglect lower body development you don't get the full potential in upper body development... and squatting is one of the BIG THREE fundamental exercises which incorporate the must muscle exertion in a single lift (deadlift and bench are the other two)... It also helps in stability... so it is very crucial in an implicit manner

Last edited by kokaine; 04-30-2008 at 02:08 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #9
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,003 | Props total: 1380 1380
Aight thanks, I know it does alot with your overall growth, but wasn't sure how it really helped.
 04-30-2008, 05:58 PM         #10
dex1can 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it helps hormonally and overall just makes your body stronger, your strenght comes mostly from your legs
 10 years ago '04        #11
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
Keep it too yourself................
 10 years ago '05        #12
NomiS 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,121 | Props total: 28 28
 TheKid21 said:
Around two months ago, I posted a thread asking about the benefits of squatting and if it would make me stronger overall because I had kind of plateaued as far as bench went for a while. I got some really good feedback saying that squatting was essential to a full workout. Well it's two months later and my bench has gone up at least 50 pounds for reps. Just wanted to let people know that if squatting isn't a regular part of your workout, put it in cause it helped me alot.
dope to know..cant do it cause my thighs start k!ll me when i bend like that..
 05-01-2008, 02:48 AM         #13
dex1can 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
question: are smith machine squats still really effective? ive tried squatting but cuz of knee problems i can just never get the energy up, but smith machine squats seem to put less stress on my knees
 10 years ago '04        #14
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
 dex1can said:
question: are smith machine squats still really effective? ive tried squatting but cuz of knee problems i can just never get the energy up, but smith machine squats seem to put less stress on my knees
Sound more like improper form / weak hamstrings & gluets.

The Smith Machine is a guided movement just like other machines. It doesn't utilize the antagonist and dynamic stabilizers.........
 05-01-2008, 08:54 AM         #15
EarlLee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 enetblazin4eva said:
Sound more like improper form / weak hamstrings & gluets.

The Smith Machine is a guided movement just like other machines. It doesn't utilize the antagonist and dynamic stabilizers.........
And just to add to ^ because the smith machine bar is locked in place, if you foot placement is not perfect, your form will be off and you will put more stress on other areas of your body, including your lower back. There are other reasons why the smith machine squat is pointless. My suggestion is to use Dumbells and work your way up, esp. if you don't have access to a squate rack (like the gym at my job. )
 10 years ago '04        #16
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
$18,279 | Props total: 66 66
 RedMonkeyJunkie said:
I know it does help, but how does squating help bench
squatting and deadlifting use the most muscles out of any exercise out there, they triggers hundreds of muscles for stability and motion.
 10 years ago '04        #17
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
$18,279 | Props total: 66 66
 EarlLee said:
And just to add to ^ because the smith machine bar is locked in place, if you foot placement is not perfect, your form will be off and you will put more stress on other areas of your body, including your lower back. There are other reasons why the smith machine squat is pointless. My suggestion is to use Dumbells and work your way up, esp. if you don't have access to a squate rack (like the gym at my job. )
do lunges man, they're just as effective, if not more.
 10 years ago '04        #18
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
i hate squatting no joke...the only reason is cause when you hit failure with squats its a whole different feeling than if you hit failure with bench or any other exercise. same with deadlifts

but i still do them....i just got a problem of hitting a plateau and i can't seem to get any stronger with it
 10 years ago '04        #19
$tr3tch 
space
space
$4,260 | Props total: 0 0
damn near everyone hates squats. People in general want to be huge, but don't want to pay the price to get there. Squats are absolutely ESSENTIAL and cannot be replaced. The only reason anyone should be backing off back squats is if you have back issues. Outside of that, stop being a little bi*ch and starting squating.
 10 years ago '04        #20
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
^^that might be why i cant get out of my plateau....fu*ked up my back last year because of bad form on my deadlifts (couldnt walk for a week)
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
126 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
347 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
16 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy