Apr 25 - Cops acquited for 50 shot Sean Bell murder

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
163 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
99 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

fukk the cops

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #1
7684 pageviews
229 comments

Bigakathebeast 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 137 137
Apr 25 - Cops acquited for 50 shot Sean Bell murder

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A judge acquitted three New York Police Department detectives of all charges Friday morning in the shooting death of an unarmed man in a 50-bullet barrage, hours before he was to be married.
art.bell.cops.jpg

Detectives Michael Oliver, left, Gescard Isnora and Marc Cooper were accused in the 50-bullet barrage.
Click to view previous image
1 of 3
Click to view next image

Detectives Michael Oliver and Gescard Isnora were found not guilty of charges of manslaughter, a.ssault and reckless endangerment in the death of Sean Bell, 23, and the wounding of two of his friends.

Detective Marc Cooper was acquitted of reckless endangerment.

Justice Arthur Cooperman issued his verdict in the bench trial. There was no jury.

Hundreds of people gathered outside the Queens courthouse in anticipation of the verdict.

The Rev. Al Sharpton called for calm Wednesday. He was accompanied by Bell's fiancee and other supporters on the steps of City Hall.

Bell, 23, was k!lled just before dawn on his wedding day, November 25, 2006. He and several friends were winding up an all-night bachelor party at the Kalua Club in Queens, a strip club that was under investigation by a NYPD undercover unit looking into complaints of guns, drugs and prostitution.

Undercover detectives were inside the club, and plain-clothes officers were stationed outside.

Witnesses said that about 4 a.m., closing time, as Bell and his friends left the club, an argument broke out. Believing that one of Bell's friends, Joseph Guzman, was going to get a gun from Bell's car, one of the undercover detectives followed the men and called for backup.

What happened next was at the heart of the trial, prosecuted by the a.ssistant district attorney in Queens.
Don't Miss

* Sidebar: Judge holds outcome in his hands
* City braces for protests
* Prosecution rests

Bell, Guzman and Trent Benefield got into the car, with Bell at the wheel. The detectives drew their weapons, said Guzman and Benefield, who testified that they never heard the plain-clothes detectives identify themselves as police.

Bell was in a panic to get away from the armed men, his friends testified.

But the detectives thought Bell was trying to run down one of them, according to their lawyers, believed that their lives were in danger and started shooting.

In a frantic 911 call, police can be heard saying, "Shots fired. Undercover units involved."

A total of 50 bullets were fired by five NYPD officers. Only three were charged with crimes.

Oliver, who reloaded his semiautomatic in the middle of the fray, fired 31 times, Isnora fired 11 times, and Cooper, whose leg was brushed by Bell's moving car, fired four times, the NYPD said.

No gun was found near Bell or his friends.

Soon after his death, Sean Bell's fiancee, Nicole Paultre, legally changed her name to Nicole Paultre Bell. She is now raising the couple's two daughters, ages 5 and 1.

"I tell [them] that Daddy's in heaven now," she said. "He's watching over us. He's our guardian angel. He's going to be here to protect us and make sure nothing happens to us."

Detectives Endowment a.ssociation President Michael Palladino said forensic and scientific evidence presented during the seven-week trial contradicts the testimony of prosecution witnesses.

But Paultre Bell's father, Lester Paultre, said, "For those naysayers who say the police was doing their job, they should imagine their child in that car being shot by the police for no reason."

Paultre Bell, Guzman and Benefield have filed a wrongful-death lawsuit in federal court that has been stayed pending the outcome of the criminal trial. Guzman was shot 16 times, and four bullets, too dangerous to remove, remain in his body, according to his lawyer, Sanford Rubenstein.

Federal prosecutors in the Eastern District of New York have been monitoring the trial. In the event of an acquittal, it is likely authorities would conduct a review to determine whether there were any civil rights violations. All three victims were African-American

[pic - click to view]

http://www.cnn.com/2008/C .. ial/index.html

man fukk this shytimageimageimage

229 comments for "Apr 25 - Cops acquited for 50 shot Sean Bell murder"

04-25-2008, 08:36 AM         #2
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
.... this is some bullsh*t !
 04-25-2008, 08:37 AM         #3
SwllwtheShards 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bullfu*kinsh*t.....riot.
 10 years ago '04        #4
mims820 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,055 | Props total: 179 179
Dead a.ss, this sh*t is ridiculous! 50 fu*kIN SHOTS AND THEY'RE ACQUITTED!?!? There will be a heavy riot in Queenz today.
 10 years ago '04        #5
meatbilla 
space
space
$740 | Props total: 15 15
Yeah this is some bullsh*t , but there is no denying they k!lled him . Hopefully his family can get rich off a civil suit.
 04-25-2008, 08:43 AM         #6
lo k 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow.... amazing...

I have a feeling that the protests aren't even gonna be all that... the system is working, folks done got too docile...
 04-25-2008, 08:47 AM         #7
SomeRandomGuy_ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you see now....
 10 years ago '04        #8
Adwerdz 318 heat pts318
space
space
$32,657 | Props total: 23087 23087
pathetic
 04-25-2008, 08:48 AM         #9
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the police can eat a dicc.
 10 years ago '06        #10
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
 Narcz said:
I bet if Sean Bell was white and the cops were black it'd be a whole other situation..
if that was this case this thread wouldnt even exist...
 10 years ago '04        #11
JHOVA6178 
space
space
$856 | Props total: 0 0
 Narcz said:
I bet if Sean Bell was white and the cops were black it'd be a whole other situation..

co.sign^^^^
 10 years ago '04        #12
Jahfire 
space
space
space
$405 | Props total: 0 0
Straight up BS man!!!! My prayers for The Bell family, Guzman and Benefield......What will it fu*kin take someone to get k!lled by 100 shots for people to get it...this is unbelievable...Im willin to bet the head of the detectives union Michael Pallandino will have something stupid to say. As Nicole Paultre Bell stated "They been treating them like they are the suspects and criminals instead of the officers that k!lled him..........." I pray for peace for all communities across the world but not that im encouraging violence I cant blame anyone bein beyond frustrated..........unbelievable. This is the the same country that is pissed of the choice of words that Obama has said,. and pissed at his reverend, and yet 3 officers(Mind you one is black and hispanic) They all walk for taking an innocent life and shooting at others....WOW
 10 years ago '04        #13
Jahfire 
space
space
space
$405 | Props total: 0 0
Oh and for the record if it means anything the other officers are black and spanish,.......
 10 years ago '04        #14
newroadsfinest 
space
space
$2,816 | Props total: 456 456
thats some bullsh*t
 04-25-2008, 08:59 AM         #15
qmudd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I didn’t realize there was no jury for this case. So with no jury, one judge, 50 shots on an unarmed man, and not to mention a reloaded clip, the system obviously wants to appear corrupt. They used to try to hide it. But exonerating those dudes of ALL charges is them blatantly making a mockery of citizens. They’re probably laughing right now.
 10 years ago '04        #16
Jdapimp 
space
space
$466 | Props total: 4 4
This is some bullsh*t man 50 shots to 3 men unarmed and they get let off the hook like nothing ever happend what is America comming to this sh*t makes me sick to my stomach.
 10 years ago '05        #17
e06874 10 heat pts10
space
space
$453 | Props total: 65 65
New York will be crazy today
 10 years ago '07        #18
Bigakathebeast 13 heat pts13 OP
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 137 137
i had to wake up to see this bullshyt on tv....damn....dude even fukking reloaded...and all of them free from all charges, shyt the stray bullet that burst through the airport window could have k!lled somebody......and these dude get off on all charges.........fukk the cops..........
 04-25-2008, 09:06 AM         #19
nOWisAYwHOaMi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
them boyz got off clean as a whistle...
 04-25-2008, 09:08 AM         #20
FlyBoyUak 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jahfire said:
Straight up BS man!!!! My prayers for The Bell family, Guzman and Benefield......What will it fu*kin take someone to get k!lled by 100 shots for people to get it...this is unbelievable...Im willin to bet the head of the detectives union Michael Pallandino will have something stupid to say. As Nicole Paultre Bell stated "They been treating them like they are the suspects and criminals instead of the officers that k!lled him..........." I pray for peace for all communities across the world but not that im encouraging violence I cant blame anyone bein beyond frustrated..........unbelievable. This is the the same country that is pissed of the choice of words that Obama has said,. and pissed at his reverend, and yet 3 officers(Mind you one is black and hispanic) They all walk for taking an innocent life and shooting at others....WOW

Couldn't have said it better...props.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy