Ed Boon tried to make Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
59 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
45 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
53 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1
6936 pageviews
100 comments

Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
Ed Boon tried to make Mortal Kombat vs. Street f!ghter

Ed Boon, creator of the hugely popular Mortal Kombat series, has revealed to VideoGamer.com that he tried to make Mortal Kombat vs. Street f!ghter but "ran into a road block".

At Midway's Gamers Day event in Las Vegas this week, Ed Boon officially unveiled the latest in the series, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, which sees Sub Zero and Scorpion go up against iconic comic book characters Batman and Superman.

However, despite the collaboration with DC Comics being the first of its kind for Mortal Kombat, Ed Boon told VideoGamer.com that he had contacted Street f!ghter publisher Capcom in the past to try and get Sub Zero and co facing off against Ryu and Ken.

"We made phone calls," he said. "But Capcom is in Japan, and with the distance, there's communication gaps and what not. It just never panned out. It would have been very cool. I'm a fan of the other f!ghting genres and stuff like that. I just thought it would be a cool novelty to have. But we're very excited about the DC stuff."

He added: "I've always wanted to cross MK over since about MK4, or something like that. I'm a big fan of all of the other f!ghting games, Street f!ghter, Tekken, what not. I always thought, wouldn't it be cool to have MK vs. SF and MK vs. Tekken and what not. We pursued some of those ideas to the extent that we could but we always ran into some kind of road block and couldn't do it."

[pic - click to view]

http://www.videogamer.com .. 2008-8077.html

100 comments for "Ed Boon tried to make Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter"

10 years ago '07        #2
htownplaya 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,566 | Props total: 0 0
I wish Ed Boon was my dad
 10 years ago '06        #3
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
your name would be Tobias Boon and you'd have a character in Mortal Kombat named after you, Noob Saibot. look it up...it's true...

i got MK vs SF. it's called MUGEN.

10 years ago '04        #4
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,325 | Props total: 11365 11365
sh*t would have made more sense then pitting a bunch of MK guys against a bunch of fu*king comic book characters. I still can't believe how sh*tty of an idea these flamers have come up with.
 10 years ago '04        #5
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 23 23
Killer Instinct vs Mortal Kombat
 10 years ago '07        #6
htownplaya 1 heat pts
space
space
Get'em Ex
 10 years ago '04        #7
1000bluntz 
space
space
 Ex The God said:
Lol seriously it seems like any fu*king thread with MK Vs DC mentioned this dude is going to come in bi*ching about it.. lol. I dont understand why it affects him so much.

Rofl @ Jay though
Yeah I did read the sh*t. I'm upset because I thought MK had a chance to get back to relevance but it's obvious that won't happen with such horrible fu*king idea. It just makes no sense that fu*king DC would merge with MK of all things, sh*t sounds beyond wack and totally unoriginal. Keep thinking this sh*t will be tight, I'm as a big an MK fan is there is but this sh*t is just unacceptable. You sound like you wouldn't mind having Ed Boon's c*ck in your mouth.
 10 years ago '04        #8
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
Yeah I did read the sh*t. I'm upset because I thought MK had a chance to get back to relevance but it's obvious that won't happen with such horrible fu*king idea. It just makes no sense that fu*king DC would merge with MK of all things, sh*t sounds beyond wack and totally unoriginal. Keep thinking this sh*t will be tight, I'm as a big an MK fan is there is but this sh*t is just unacceptable. You sound like you wouldn't mind having Ed Boon's c*ck in your mouth.
I bet you think Marvel vs Capcom is a fu*king sh*tty idea too huh?
Go smoke your 1001st blunt and stay out of grown folk talk
 10 years ago '07        #9
htownplaya 1 heat pts
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
^^if i had a sister i wouldnt mind if Ed Boon piped her .......nah but seriously remember back to when you first heard of Street f!ghter Vs. X-men, i guarantee n*ggas where like wtf? people were like huh Ryu vs. Spidey....well how different is that to this? we dont know what will come out of it.
 10 years ago '04        #10
space
space
^^ yo EX

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ex The God again.
How do you multi-quote different people? I tried that once and it wouldn't let me...
 10 years ago '05        #11
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,463 | Props total: 4410 4410
 htownplaya said:
^^if i had a sister i wouldnt mind if Ed Boon piped her .......nah but seriously remember back to when you first heard of Street f!ghter Vs. X-men, i guarantee n*ggas where like wtf? people were like huh Ryu vs. Spidey....well how different is that to this? we dont know what will come out of it.
This is way different than Marvel vs Capcom.
Capcom had made Marvel games independent of Street f!ghters for a while. When they merged it wasn't unthinkable as you make it seem. When people played Street f!ghter Alpha, then they went and played X-Men Children of the Atom or Marvel Super Heros, people were sitting there like " damn what if Ken fought Wolverine?" The gameplay, the style, the system is basically tha same. So it was almost inevitable that they joined forces.

MK vs DC, just came out of left field. I will not judge the game until I actually play it.
 10 years ago '05        #12
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
wonder wat superman fatality is gonna be
 10 years ago '04        #13
space
space
fu*k the Bullsh*t Spawn better be in this bi*ch or i'm boycotting...
 10 years ago '07        #14
htownplaya 1 heat pts
space
space
 OldeEnglish22oz said:
This is way different than Marvel vs Capcom.
Capcom had made Marvel games independent of Street f!ghters for a while. When they merged it wasn't unthinkable as you make it seem. When people played Street f!ghter Alpha, then they went and played X-Men Children of the Atom or Marvel Super Heros, people were sitting there like " damn what if Ken fought Wolverine?" The gameplay, the style, the system is basically tha same. So it was almost inevitable that they joined forces.

MK vs DC, just came out of left field. I will not judge the game until I actually play it.
i respect your opinion......but yea people will always say " damn what if Ken fought Wolverine?".......sh*t the first time i played k!ller Instinct i know everybody said "what if KI went into MK"......and wtf happened i thought gamers loved surprises. I know i do, i came into bx this morning thinking im gonna see a MK8 logo and outta left field i see sub-0 and batman facing off.......sh*t i know i cant wait to see Johnny Cage face off with Joker
 10 years ago '05        #15
space
space
 Ex The God said:
Ive actually thought what it would be like if Scorpion Fought Batman..so this wasn't that left field for me..but I see where you're coming from.
Great, I'm glad we can agree.

I don't know about you but I don't really care about playing as the DC heroes, I'm about Lobo, Mr. Freeze and Joker.

Oh shiet.. Mr. Freeze vs Sub Zero?
 10 years ago '05        #16
space
space
 htownplaya said:
i respect your opinion......but yea people will always say " damn what if Ken fought Wolverine?".......sh*t the first time i played k!ller Instinct i know everybody said "what if KI went into MK"......and wtf happened i thought gamers loved surprises. I know i do, i came into bx this morning thinking im gonna see a MK8 logo and outta left field i see sub-0 and batman facing off.......sh*t i know i cant wait to see Johnny Cage face off with Joker
I know. I'm a fan of both MK and DC. I really hope they can bring this franchise back. I keep an open mind. Although I know that missing fatalities and blood will hurt the game, but people gotta remember DC won't allow that and I understand why. Theres a storyline that MK has to respect, how believable (if thats the word I can use) would it be to have Scorpion toast Superman? That will make a lot of DC fans upset. I for one, would not be able to play the game if that was allowed. I know its just a comic book and a game, but its all about tradition. Superman is a bad a.ss muthafucca, whose going to stop him?
 10 years ago '04        #17
1000bluntz 
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
I bet you think Marvel vs Capcom is a fu*king sh*tty idea too huh?
Go smoke your 1001st blunt and stay out of grown folk talk
Considering Capcom made Marvel games before they made the SF Vs. type sh*t that's a totally different argument.
 10 years ago '04        #18
1000bluntz 
space
space
I don't know man. This sh*t will be terrible, you can just tell. I mean I could see them doing some sort of Vs. game since it's obvious as hell from the last few incarnations that originality has gone out the window but fu*king DC of all things man. I mean any comic franchise going up against MK wouldn't make any kind of sense to me. Why couldn't they have just redone the whole fu*king series like they were hinting at before and still keep it fresh and MK? That's what bothers me, I'm not saying it won't possibly play well but the whole idea behind this game is fu*king terrible in my eyes. And I'm a fan of some of these DC characters also, it's just a queer a.ss idea imo.
 10 years ago '05        #19
space
space
 Ex The God said:
There is blood..and a fair amount of it...just no more over the top gore. In all honesty I never like the over the top blood of MK so that's a plus and yes while they arent doing the over the top fatalities that made the MK franchise what it is they are keeping some sort of a dope finisher move in there.

To Answer the who would stop superman...well this guy

[pic - click to view]

Doomsday?

Okay to reiterate, I mean, who in the Mortal Kombat universe can stop Superman?
 10 years ago '07        #20
htownplaya 1 heat pts
space
space
 OldeEnglish22oz said:
Doomsday?

Okay to reiterate, I mean, who in the Mortal Kombat universe can stop Superman?
....Shang Tsung, once his a.ss turns into Superman
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc