Eastern Quarter Finals: (2) Detroit Pistons vs. (7) Philadelphia 76ers

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
37 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Outcome?
Sixers in 4 1 1.82%
Sixers in 5 2 3.64%
Sixers in 6 8 14.55%
Sixers in 7 10 18.18%
Pistons in 4 10 18.18%
Pistons in 5 16 29.09%
Pistons in 6 6 10.91%
Pistons in 7 2 3.64%
Voters: 55. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #281
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,614 | Props total: 5470 5470
and like i said from the beginning....Maxiel is their only bench player on another level

yall kids get carried away, ohhh Detroits bench is great......Maxiel is the only dude,

Stuckey has his moments and Ratliff brings some defensive energy
 10 years ago '04        #282
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,954 | Props total: 707 707
I KNOW ya'll don't think the Sixers are gonna win this series?

The Pistons didn't even play that great (Chauncy and Rip) and had a chance to win still... they just have to figure them cats out, they came from nowhere really this season, thats the advantage of the playoffs tho, you have 4-7 games to figure a team out...
 10 years ago '07        #283
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
 GoldynChyld421 said:
The Pistons didn't even play that great

well the Sixers didn't play that damn great either, trust me i watch the Sixers...i know how they are capable of playing, they didn't even play their best,

Detroit won 2 quarters, and Philly won 2 quarters in that game, but Philly's defense just shut them down at the end giving them the win

Last edited by Pos; 04-21-2008 at 11:17 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #284
randy54 
space
space
$1,520 | Props total: 90 90
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP)—The Detroit Pistons were hanging out at the scorer’s table as if it was a preseason game, joking around with a former teammate as he enjoyed a drink and nachos in the front row.

Philadelphia made them pay for it.

Andre Miller scored 20 points and Willie Green had a career playoff-high 17, helping the 76ers stun Detroit 90-86 Sunday in Game 1 of their first-round series.

Sixers forward Reggie Evans smiled when told the Pistons were shooting the breeze with Flip Murray during breaks in the game.

“That’s good,” Evans said.

Rasheed Wallace took the blame for the loss—despite having 24 points, nine rebounds and matching a franchise playoff record with seven blocks—but didn’t think blowing a big lead had anything to do with talking to Murray.

“That’s my man,” Wallace explained.

The Eastern Conference’s second-seeded team was expected to beat the seventh-seeded Sixers by double digits and did lead by 15 midway through the third quarter.

But Philadelphia refused to follow the script.

After the Sixers trailed 62-47, Green made two baskets during a 10-0 run that sparked a comeback.

“That kind of swung the momentum,” Miller said.

Miller gave Philadelphia a lead midway through the fourth quarter for the first time since late in the first.

After Chauncey Billups missed three of four free throws and a layup in 2-plus minutes late in the game, he made two from the line to pull the Pistons within one with 45 seconds left.

Detroit’s Jason Maxiell drew a charge on the ensuing possession, giving the home team a chance to avoid an upset.

The Pistons set up a play that created an open shot for Tayshaun Prince, but his jumper was short. After Andre Iguodala made one of two free throws with 11 seconds left, Wallace missed a shot near the basket that would have tied it at 88.

“I’m going to put this on me,” Wallace said. “There’s no excuses.

“The last bunny, that was a bucket I should’ve made. I’m going to take this one on the chin.”

Iguodala made two free throws with 7 seconds left to seal the win.

“I’m pretty sure we shocked a lot of people,” Evans said.

Both teams will get two days off before Detroit hosts Game 2 on Wednesday night.

“We’ve got to fire back on Wednesday,” Pistons coach Flip Saunders said. “It’s a must-win game now.”

The Pistons, who have advanced to five straight conference finals, hadn’t lost a Game 1 in the first round since 2003 against Orlando.

Iguodala finished with a career playoff-high 16 points after a slow start, Evans had a career playoff-high 11 points and 14 rebounds and Thaddeus Young scored 10 for the Sixers in his postseason debut.

Billups scored 14, Richard Hamilton had 13 points on 5-of-17 shooting, Maxiell contributed 12 points and a career playoff-high 11 rebounds and Prince added 12.

The Sixers started and closed strong despite being the least-experienced team in the playoffs, matching up with a team that trails only the San Antonio Spurs in combined playoff games.

“There’s no question that we grew up in the second half,” Philadelphia coach Maurice Cheeks said.

Philadelphia led by six points early in the game, but Detroit scored the last 11 points of the first quarter and held the Sixers scoreless for 5-plus minutes. That drought spilled into the second and included a cold stretch in which they made just 2-of-21 shots.

Wallace’s 3-pointer midway through the second quarter capped a 23-6 run and gave the Pistons an 11-point lead.

The Sixers scored the first eight points of the second half and Detroit missed its first six shots before going on an 11-2 run to lead by 15.

The Pistons, notorious for their inconsistent effort, proved the cushion wasn’t large enough.

“That’s Detroit,” Iguodala said. “They turn it on and turn it off.

“We just kept f!ghting the whole way.”

Notes

Bob Lanier and Ben Wallace also blocked seven shots in the playoffs for the Pistons. … The Pistons started the playoffs with 678 games of experience to Philadelphia’s 95. … Wallace was called for a technical in the first half, complaining about a call against teammate Prince. He had 12 technicals during the regular season, his fewest since he played for Cheeks during the 2002-03 season in Portland. … Theo Ratliff, a former Sixer, made his first playoff appearance for the Pistons since 1997 and had two blocks in his first 2 minutes. … Billups made 92 percent of his free throws in the regular season and missed three only once. … Cheeks chose to start Young over Evans.
 10 years ago '07        #285
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
wait till Iggy steps his game up....yall are in for TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!

Iguodala didn't even play that great and he almost had a triple-double last night
 04-21-2008, 11:24 AM         #286
Vincent Vega  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 U.B.HiRM said:
so u say we have 1 bencher.. then u point 2 that have their "moments"..isnt that what bench players are supposed to do.. have moments where they play good off of the bench?

76ers got handed the game..missin clutch free throws at the end, turnover after turnover..we fu*ked up for not wrapping that game up in the 3rd and it bit us in the a.ss.. u guys played a much better 4th quarter then us n won by 4.. we miss 2 free throws and a bunny..hell ya we gonna lose...but dont be tellin me garbage like we match up well..andre miller played like andre "michael jordan" miller last night.. i never seen him make the damn shots he was makin consistantly last night EVER!

game 2 wedensday if the 76ers are real and not a 1 game wonder..ill give em much props..if not.. they can suck my d*ck for the 1 game fluke

sixers weren't handed sh*t. it was a tough game sixers came out on top. and as for andre miller he's been k!llin it all season. his midrange game is on point. regardless, if u think that the pistons are just gonna run right through them the rest of the series you got another thing coming. this is gonna be a good series.
 04-21-2008, 11:26 AM         #287
The Infamous  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
pistons will strike back
 10 years ago '04        #288
dtownboy313 
space
space
$3,762 | Props total: 6 6
you get too much hate when you win and too much hate when you lose...what do you expect???

the pistons won't get far this year if they play 48 minutes. that turning the switch on and off sh*t don't work anymore. hopefully they will get there sh*t together.
 04-23-2008, 01:26 PM         #289
Vincent Vega  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bump

game 2 felllas! are we gonna sweep yall at the palace? pistons better not come out sleepy again or they goin to philly down 0-2
 10 years ago '07        #290
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
yall dudes better check this Sixers/ Pistons game tonight....my boy Lou gonna put on a show

make sure yall catch that 7:30....Sixers 2-0
 04-23-2008, 04:04 PM         #291
SoulAssasin_1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i can't see detroit sleeping two games back to back, but i'd love another win. hey yo, i felt flop saunders kept his starters on the bench too long towards the end, should be a good game nonetheless....enjoy fellas.
 10 years ago '04        #292
PHILADELPHIA 
space
space
$4,933 | Props total: 0 0
yeah itll be a tuff game tonight
 04-23-2008, 05:55 PM         #293
Slick CM Rick  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
game time

i dont have nbatv so i gotta watch online
 10 years ago '07        #294
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,341 | Props total: 384 384
does anybody have a stream for this game?
 04-23-2008, 06:48 PM         #295
Slick CM Rick  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cmon philly get your sh*t together
 04-23-2008, 06:53 PM         #296
SkipToMyLou23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What the hell is wrong with Iggy?
 10 years ago '04        #297
JugernoT 
space
space
$1,810 | Props total: 1158 1158
 SkipToMyLou23 said:
What the hell is wrong with Iggy?
prince
 04-23-2008, 07:05 PM         #298
Big Dee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its a lotta weird stuff goin on in this game. pistons try to inbound the ball, and the clock loses 3 seconds. they review it, but then they don't fix it. then dalembert shoots the ball thru the underside of the rim and gets it back steve javie is from philly
 04-23-2008, 07:09 PM         #299
The Greatest!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this gon go down to the wire, if philly win tonight everybody would say
 04-23-2008, 07:10 PM         #300
The Infamous  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall serious about this??

pistons will advance to the next round
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
37 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
71 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
94 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
245 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
108 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy