Western Quarter Finals: (2) New Orleans Hornets vs. (7) Dallas Mavericks

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
88 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
222 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NCAAF Georgia LB Natrez Patrick was arrested for this amount of weed
45 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Wins It?
Mavericks 19 34.55%
Hornets 36 65.45%
Voters: 55. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #21
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,955 | Props total: 708 708
I think they CAN... Don't know which Dallas (Dirk) will show up tho...

But N.O. Fans should be happy either way, for them to even enter the playoffs as a top seed, is an accomplishment... I wouldn't see it as a failure if they were eliminated in the first round by a team who's won 50+ games for the past few seasons...
 10 years ago '04        #22
inthought 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,307 | Props total: 27 27
Wow... at the conversation..

I dunno it is going to be the best series I think goin on...
 10 years ago '05        #23
Frant!k 
space
space
$754 | Props total: 0 0
even though i love everything NOH accomplished this year, they wont make it in this one. If CP3 has a bad night it equals an instant loss (as long as West doesnt go superman on it) with CP showing some cracks these last few games, i dont see him playing a consistent 30 pts - 15 a.sst playoffs. So i have to go with the Mavs in 6, even though i would like it to go 7 games.
 10 years ago '08        #24
svvt14 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,443 | Props total: 146 146
IF they keep the rock out of CP3 hands Mavs in 6
 04-18-2008, 01:04 PM         #25
MOTIVATION2K3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmao... u guys are funny.... its like david west doesnt exist..... WAKE UP MR WEST WEST MR WEST
 04-18-2008, 01:12 PM         #26
MOTIVATION2K3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
CP3 GONNA EXPOSE J-KIDD IN NEW ORLEANS...LOL DO YALL REMEMBER WHO J-KIDD MADE HIS DALLAS DEBUT AGAINST?????
[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #27
2face 
space
space
space
$225 | Props total: 0 0
Been Hornets Fan all the way back to the dell curry, grandmama, Zo days, so I gotta go with my boys.
 04-18-2008, 01:28 PM         #28
MOTIVATION2K3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That playoff experience stuff is kinda overrated in my opinion.

People(media) forget that actual basketball has to be played. It's been widely recognized that the West has been playing 'playoff basketball' ever since after the All Star Break--because things were so tight.

* The Spurs aren't gonna get younger.
* The Suns(and Nuggets) aren't gonna up and play good defense.
* Dirk isn't gonna just become clutch.
* T-Mac isn't gonna get out of the 1st round(especially without Yao and a group of role-players)
* Chris Paul won't stop being the best point guard in the league.
* Kobe isn't gonna stop being the #1a player in the league.
* The Jazz aren't gonna start winning on the road(or start losing at home)

I just want good analysis, when they talk about my team. I know most of those fools have league pass so I'm convinced that they are hoping(for a Hornets failure) and talking out of their you-know-whats.

I know the regular season is different than the postseason(higher intensity), but teams aren't gonna change their makeup for the stretch run. They stick with what got them there.
 10 years ago '04        #29
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 MOTIVATION2K3 said:
That playoff experience stuff is kinda overrated in my opinion.

People(media) forget that actual basketball has to be played. It's been widely recognized that the West has been playing 'playoff basketball' ever since after the All Star Break--because things were so tight.

* The Spurs aren't gonna get younger.
* The Suns(and Nuggets) aren't gonna up and play good defense.
* Dirk isn't gonna just become clutch.
* T-Mac isn't gonna get out of the 1st round(especially without Yao and a group of role-players)
* Chris Paul won't stop being the best point guard in the league.
* Kobe isn't gonna stop being the #1a player in the league.
* The Jazz aren't gonna start winning on the road(or start losing at home)

I just want good analysis, when they talk about my team. I know most of those fools have league pass so I'm convinced that they are hoping(for a Hornets failure) and talking out of their you-know-whats.

I know the regular season is different than the postseason(higher intensity), but teams aren't gonna change their makeup for the stretch run. They stick with what got them there.
At least our coach been to the Finals, and won 3 as a player.
 10 years ago '04        #30
Aftashok 
space
space
$8,321 | Props total: 53 53
 Plizaya J said:
At least our coach been to the Finals, and won 3 as a player.
umm...so did our coach.....

i think it's gonna be a close series, and it's hard to tell....i think the first two games will decide the series....if Dallas can steal one of the first two in New Orleans, i think we'll win the series....we haven't been a great road team all season, so we definitely need to clear that up....

Jason Kidd will be the X-factor i believe.....his first game after the trade, CP3 beasted on him, and the second game, JKidd was the dude....now, i don't think he'll be as BAD as the first game, or as GREAT as the second (from the shooting standpoint), he'll fall somewhere in between.....

....i DO believe we'll see more sets with JKidd taking CP3 into the post....Paul has no answer for that, and i think posting Kidd could probably cause CP to pick up a couple fouls too, in addition to wearing his legs down over the course of the game (see Steve Nash in the last Mavs/Suns game in Phoenix)....Nash had no legs under his jumper late in the game because of having to defend Kidd in the post.....
 04-18-2008, 04:34 PM         #31
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MOTIVATION2K3 said:
CP3 GONNA EXPOSE J-KIDD IN NEW ORLEANS...LOL DO YALL REMEMBER WHO J-KIDD MADE HIS DALLAS DEBUT AGAINST?????
[pic - click to view]

No but I remember teh a.ss kicking triple double Jason Kidd had last game. at letting that n*gga make 4 3 pointers.
 10 years ago '04        #32
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
 Aftashok said:

umm...so did our coach.....

i think it's gonna be a close series, and it's hard to tell....i think the first two games will decide the series....if Dallas can steal one of the first two in New Orleans, i think we'll win the series....we haven't been a great road team all season, so we definitely need to clear that up....

Jason Kidd will be the X-factor i believe.....his first game after the trade, CP3 beasted on him, and the second game, JKidd was the dude....now, i don't think he'll be as BAD as the first game, or as GREAT as the second (from the shooting standpoint), he'll fall somewhere in between.....

....i DO believe we'll see more sets with JKidd taking CP3 into the post....Paul has no answer for that, and i think posting Kidd could probably cause CP to pick up a couple fouls too, in addition to wearing his legs down over the course of the game (see Steve Nash in the last Mavs/Suns game in Phoenix)....Nash had no legs under his jumper late in the game because of having to defend Kidd in the post.....
I think Byron knows how to coach against Kidd, he did coach him on the Nets and knows his weaknesses. And also, i wasn't saying anything about ur coach not being experienced, i was just sayin how people say we aint got experience, but our coach has a lot of exp.
 10 years ago '04        #33
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
 Andre3000 said:
No but I remember teh a.ss kicking triple double Jason Kidd had last game. at letting that n*gga make 4 3 pointers.
Last game meant sooooooooooooo much too
 04-18-2008, 05:50 PM         #34
KIMBO of BX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
I do, its my upset pick and its only an upset because NO fluked through the regular season.
@ "fluked"...

I havent checked it lately, but going into last week, among West team, NO had the best record against the West, and also had the best road record in the West? How is the fu*k is that a fluke? its not like they were the Rockets and went on some miracle run... they were at or around the top all year... and they have the MVP...

Since my Warriors didnt make it, Ill be pulling for CP3... I got the Hornets in 6...
 04-18-2008, 05:59 PM         #35
KIMBO of BX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so I just checked it, and they ended up with the 2nd best record against the West, and the 2nd best road record in the West (Behind the Lakers)... but theyre still a fluke?

at all of the morons in this thread who are picking Dallas is 4-5 games, because they havent watched NBA this year, but theyre heard of Dallas, and not NOH.... this site cracks me up... People with NO knowledge of basketball just start typing, and what do you know... something stupid comes out...

Its gonna be a great series... I think the pivtoal matchup is going to Josh Howard/Peja...

and one more at people thinking that the last game of the regular season meant anything...
 10 years ago '04        #36
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
 KIMBO of BX said:
so I just checked it, and they ended up with the 2nd best record against the West, and the 2nd best road record in the West (Behind the Lakers)... but theyre still a fluke?

at all of the morons in this thread who are picking Dallas is 4-5 games, because they havent watched NBA this year, but theyre heard of Dallas, and not NOH.... this site cracks me up... People with NO knowledge of basketball just start typing, and what do you know... something stupid comes out...

Its gonna be a great series... I think the pivtoal matchup is going to Josh Howard/Peja...

and one more at people thinking that the last game of the regular season meant anything...
Bob Ryan doubting us too on PTI, but then he said he also doubted Kansas so his opinion is sh*t.
 10 years ago '04        #37
Aftashok 
space
space
$8,321 | Props total: 53 53
 Plizaya J said:
I think Byron knows how to coach against Kidd, he did coach him on the Nets and knows his weaknesses. And also, i wasn't saying anything about ur coach not being experienced, i was just sayin how people say we aint got experience, but our coach has a lot of exp.
true that...i mean, real talk, if we had to lose to anyone, i wouldn't be AS mad if we lost to the Hornets, over like the Lakers/Spurs or someone....

...but i dunno how u really gameplan against Kidd taking CP3 into the post....i mean, if u double him, he can make things happen with his court vision and passing, especially with the good shooters we have.....

...and also, just as a footnote, Byron Scott was PLAYING for Kidd's weaknesses this last game, and he made his weakness a strongpoint (5-8 from 3)....not saying that Kidd's gonna shoot like that OFTEN, but just saying.....

...oh yeah, and ANOTHER footnote...say what you want about that game not meaning anything, but all players played AT or damn close to, their regular share of minutes, so don't act like it didn't count, cuz the Hornets wanted to win just like the Mavs did....
 10 years ago '04        #38
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
 Aftashok said:
true that...i mean, real talk, if we had to lose to anyone, i wouldn't be AS mad if we lost to the Hornets, over like the Lakers/Spurs or someone....

...but i dunno how u really gameplan against Kidd taking CP3 into the post....i mean, if u double him, he can make things happen with his court vision and passing, especially with the good shooters we have.....

...and also, just as a footnote, Byron Scott was PLAYING for Kidd's weaknesses this last game, and he made his weakness a strongpoint (5-8 from 3)....not saying that Kidd's gonna shoot like that OFTEN, but just saying.....

...oh yeah, and ANOTHER footnote...say what you want about that game not meaning anything, but all players played AT or damn close to, their regular share of minutes, so don't act like it didn't count, cuz the Hornets wanted to win just like the Mavs did....
U should want to lose to the Hornets if anyone, ur from Louisiana. And ya i saw the starters out there at times, but there wasn't really any hustle in them because it didn't mean anything. That wont happen in the play-offs, the hustle and intensity will be there.
 04-19-2008, 05:12 PM         #39
The Greatest!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
IM READY FOR THIS 1!!! WHO YALL GOT IMMA GO, I DONT KNOW YET!!!!
 10 years ago '04        #40
newroadsfinest 
space
space
$2,816 | Props total: 456 456
hometown hornets
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
44 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
95 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
23 hours ago