Apr 17 - Lil' Wayne named Rolling Stone's Best MC of 2008

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
239 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
28 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #1
6481 pageviews
149 comments

MLCP 2 heat pts
space
space
$588 | Props total: 69 69
Apr 17 - Lil' Wayne named Rolling Stone's Best MC of 2008

Lil Wayne has two primary passions: making music and smoking weed. Tonight, those have come into conflict. Wayne is sitting on his tour bus in New Orleans, having come back to his hometown for two concerts. He'd like to head into a studio to do some mixing for Tha Carter III, 2008's most anticipated rap album. But there's a problem. Wayne isn't allowed to smoke in the studio. So he stays on the bus, lighting blunt after blunt and watching Animal Planet on the TV. He'll sleep there tonight for the same reason: Wayne can't smoke in his hotel room either.
When Wayne speaks, it's with that same voice from his records: a needling, grizzled croak that's one of the most distinctive sounds in pop music. On the bus, Wayne comes off as a funny motherfu*ker. He leaves everyone in stitches with a story about how he had to clean graffiti off a house owned by Cash Money Records founder Bryan "Baby" Williams. "We were out there scrubbing for a day!" he shrieks. "That sh*t is still on the house, n*gga! Even after Katrina!"

Wayne's not always like this. Sometimes he's pensive, and he can turn surly without notice. Oftentimes, he's just plain weird: Over dinner in Miami last summer, he spluttered through a half-coherent, very stoned monologue in which he compared people in New Orleans to crabs in boiling water, then segued into the kind of crabs that show up in your pants: "I had that sh*t! The worst!"

Read way more at
[pic - click to view]

http://www.rollingstone.c .. c_news_rssfeed

149 comments for "Apr 17 - Lil' Wayne named Rolling Stone's Best MC of 2008"

04-17-2008, 01:12 PM         #2
JerseyLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
clearly the world is coming to an end...
 10 years ago '05        #3
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 26 26
the best mc in 2008 with no album. rolling stone failed big time.
 10 years ago '04        #4
sundance 
space
space
$1,777 | Props total: 0 0
lol...here comes the hate in 5...4..3...2...1
 04-17-2008, 01:22 PM         #5
datnucajr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sundance said:
lol...here comes the hate in 5...4..3...2...1

its not hate when its true its like the rap game has turned into a High school talent show people are afraid to tell people they suck

lil wayne being relative in 5 years =
 10 years ago '04        #6
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,535 | Props total: 283 283
 Shaolin_Bees said:
clearly the world is coming to an end...
 10 years ago '04        #7
Philly2DaBay 
space
space
$454 | Props total: 0 0
I knew there was a reason why i don't read Rolling Stone
 10 years ago '05        #8
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
 datnucajr said:
its not hate when its true its like the rap game has turned into a High school talent show people are afraid to tell people they suck

lil wayne being relative in 5 years =

wayne has been a platinum artist since 1998. .are you retarded?
 04-17-2008, 01:27 PM         #9
MercilousMadman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its RS!they been wrong just about 90% of the time they do a hip-hop related article.they gettin' they money off the n*gga just like everybody else.
 04-17-2008, 01:27 PM         #10
datnucajr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MLCP said:
Read way more at
from the rest of the interview

He's a compulsively listenable dude who will sometimes sing (badly) and rhyme in French; a five-foot-six-inch bundle of energy spitting left-field references — Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Bill Laimbeer, tooth fairies — and consistently great punch lines: "My spot remain, like a bleach stain, or cranberry/It's murder she wrote, like Angela Lansbury." He's been getting stranger lately

10 years ago '05        #11
benadreal 
space
space
$3,586 | Props total: 73 73
wayne is like that handicapped kid in school that everyone high fives and says "your the best" to make them feel better, except for some reason the people high fiving him actually seem to mean what they say.

I honestly don't understand this wayne phase hip hop is going through. Hes NOT that good. he mumbles and makes retarded a.ss references, yet everyones on his sh*t. I guess if you say your the best long enough people are dumb enough to believe you.
 04-17-2008, 01:34 PM         #12
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I love readin Wayne threads on boxden...the people who hate him post 80 times to everyone else's 2 max.
 04-17-2008, 01:35 PM         #13
datnucajr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Str8 outta Cuse said:
wayne has been a platinum artist since 1998. .are you retarded?

the carter 2 went platnium none of his other albums went platnium if u wanna say the hot boyz albums are his work so be it all im saying is 5 years from now dude is gonna be fresh up out of rehab talking about about how baby molested him when he was 14 dude is horrible

@people caring about what other people think about lil gayne and the end of the day who gives a fu*k really
 04-17-2008, 01:36 PM         #14
datnucajr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 benadreal said:
wayne is like that handicapped kid in school that everyone high fives and says "your the best" to make them feel better, except for some reason the people high fiving him actually seem to mean what they say.

I honestly don't understand this wayne phase hip hop is going through. Hes NOT that good. he mumbles and makes retarded a.ss references, yet everyones on his sh*t. I guess if you say your the best long enough people are dumb enough to believe you.

:applause::applause:
 10 years ago '05        #15
clarence1986 
space
space
$4,551 | Props total: 5 5
yall can't hate the man for having swag and charm, yeah some of his sh*t is questionable but I guarantee that not to many n*ggas are fu*king with Wayne's Delivery and emotion
 04-17-2008, 01:40 PM         #16
datnucajr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 clarence1986 said:
yall can't hate the man for having swag and charm, yeah some of his sh*t is questionable but I guarantee that not to many n*ggas are fu*king with Wayne's Delivery and emotion

but when you are not saying anything with that "delivery" thats where the problem lies............i swear man i gotta start rapping name myself mc swag my whole song would just be adlibs i bet i would be one of the best
 04-17-2008, 01:40 PM         #17
weezyisgay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rolling stone didnt see the condom ad or hear "lollypop"
 04-17-2008, 01:42 PM         #18
Souljah1Eight7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that's the dumbest sh*t i've ever read, 08's not even over yet...
 10 years ago '05        #19
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
More promo runs to sell that album. Its his time now.
Most Radio, T.V. and Magazines are mediums that attempt to convince the people about things that have been deemed as "it". 80% of the time, when done right...it works. This is just another attempt. Its all business.
 04-17-2008, 01:42 PM         #20
datnucajr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 U.B.HiRM said:
wayne been around longer then your favorite rapper..real talk
yeah he has around so much longer than jadakiss and his catalog wow lets not even start on that
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
146 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
73 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy