Eastern Quarter Finals: (3) Orlando Magic vs. (6) Toronto Raptors

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
52 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who yall got?
Magic 26 72.22%
Raptors 10 27.78%
Voters: 36. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #121
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
well shootar, not to knock on you or anything but im almost certain you aren't too familiar with organized basketball from a technical standpoint. sams defensive schemes are soo fu*ken flawed its laughable. dude can't even run a high tempo offense that i've seen prep school kids learn and run in 1 day. remember when he was talkin like he wanted the raps to shoot within 8 seconds in the shot clock? well, they failed miserably at that because it wasn't being taught right. he was too stupid to teach it. he thought "well, shooting percentages go up if the shot it taken within the first 8 seconds of the shot clock" but he failed to fu*ken realize that it does because the shot taken is supposed to be the first GOOD shot. this team is built to run and take shots in transition but sam has them setting up a half court offense that takes 10 seconds in the shot clock to initiate..don't believe me? watch some game tape. the raptors are statistically the slowest team in the NBA and we don't any half court players so why are we playing a half court game? if the players can't create their own shot, which they can't, they need to run..simple as that.

c'mon, you're blind if you think sam has a half decent x's and o's game. then on the defensive end, he has them switching man to man. that's his defensive philosophy and its why our smaller guards are almost always forced to guard bigger players and are left exposed. not to mention, i don't fu*ken see why sam doesn't have players pressuring the ball at the half court line..instead they drop down to the high post and THEN start pressuring which i believe is why we are getting k!lled on the perimeter. again, if you don't believe me, download some past raptor games and watch them.

his sub patterns are fu*ked up because he likes to sub entire fu*ken lineups and almost does it methodically..you already know when he's going to do it. newsflash, you dont need to put entire lineups in at once sam. and you don't have to keep fu*king up the starting 5 like larry brown did to the knicks. the team has no fu*ken chemistry this year and its the coach's job to establish some form of chemistry.

and if you dont think sam has anything to do with barg's development, then iono what else to say to you..yeah great coaching on his part saying that he didnt talk to bargnani for over a month earlier this season. wow! thats the way to coach! if a player who is considered a big part of your future is doing poorly, just dont talk to him for a month! yea!

dont gas the smitch up. he only won coy by default. it just so happened bc gave him players to work with. vc and rafer were onto something when they said sam never had them prepared for games and sh*t..

Last edited by Rubix; 04-17-2008 at 11:18 PM..
 04-17-2008, 11:10 PM         #122
Jepprey  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I really hope Bosh becomes a greedy fu*k and takes the game over by himself. :)

DO IT YOURSELF BOSH!!! hahaha.
 10 years ago '05        #123
Rubix 
space
space
^that'd be the worst thing for the raps actually. bosh gets tired way too quickly. his conditioning is a.ss. if one of our wings can contribute, this series will swing in the raptors favor.
 10 years ago '04        #124
nicbroto 
space
space
$1,357 | Props total: 0 0
 Rubix said:
okay so where do i start? lol

first off, what are the raps paying him for? everybody knows he's a p!ss poor x's and o's coach so what are they paying him for? supposedly it's because he's a motivator..but the team never seems very motivated at ALL. first quarters are nitemares, 3rd quarters are worse. I guess you didn't watch the detroit/raps game on abc? the commentators were straight clownin his a.ss.

lisa salters: sam mitchell is a man of very few words and i found out when i spoke to him at half time and asked what kind of adjustments does his team need to make to play better. he said "box out" i asked him is that it? just box out? he said "yeah all defensive schemes come down to boxing out"

*chuckles in the background*

commentator 1: i thought coaches say more to the teams during the half?

hubie brown: uh well it depends on the individual.

lmfao..

anyway, he's wack at player development. who has really developed under him? not bosh..i'll credit all of that to bosh's skill not mitchell. bargnani is regressing. i know he can do better and he's shown signs that he can be a great player in the nba. kapono could be deadly for us. despite what you guys think, kapono would provide wonders for the raptors. dude is the best shooter in the nba. he was signed so there'd be more spacing on the floor for bosh so teams wont double him like they did when the raps played the nets.

and lastly, he has absolutely no idea how to make in game adjustments. his sub patterns are mind boggling and seem almost pre-scheduled and dude can't teach anything on offense or defense. he gets his players to switch all the time on the man to man and most times are pg's are forced to guard bigger wing players because of smitch's wack a.ss defensive schemes and philosophy. i can go on and on and on about why dude is wack but u get the jist..i hope..
dudeee that is exactly how i feel. you are on the money exactly. id salute you but really that would mean i am celebrating our sh*tty coaching and ive been pissed off about it the whole year.

god the sub patterns and lack of plays are the most frustrating thing.
 04-17-2008, 11:51 PM         #125
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Still cant believe Sloan hasn't won 1 but both these wack a.ss n*ggas have
 10 years ago '04        #126
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,334 | Props total: 2755 2755
 booker20 said:
its gon be an action avy.... somebody gettin dunked on....

too bad we aint playing the 76ers that garrity dunking over dalembert was the funniest sh*t i seen.
 10 years ago '06        #127
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
 Rubix said:
well shootar, not to knock on you or anything but im almost certain you aren't too familiar with organized basketball from a technical standpoint. sams defensive schemes are soo fu*ken flawed its laughable. dude can't even run a high tempo offense that i've seen prep school kids learn and run in 1 day. remember when he was talkin like he wanted the raps to shoot within 8 seconds in the shot clock? well, they failed miserably at that because it wasn't being taught right. he was too stupid to teach it. he thought "well, shooting percentages go up if the shot it taken within the first 8 seconds of the shot clock" but he failed to fu*ken realize that it does because the shot taken is supposed to be the first GOOD shot. this team is built to run and take shots in transition but sam has them setting up a half court offense that takes 10 seconds in the shot clock to initiate..don't believe me? watch some game tape. the raptors are statistically the slowest team in the NBA and we don't any half court players so why are we playing a half court game? if the players can't create their own shot, which they can't, they need to run..simple as that.
honestly i dont really think we are this great running team and u underestimate what type of conditioning and work ethic u need to be a phoenix suns. barbosa, nash, amare, marion b4 the trade, even grant now..they all are in top physical condition and can run for hours. have u SEEN bosh?? the guy tires so quickly. he works WAY better in a half court set where he can post or faceup on ppl. hes not a quick decision typa player either i'm sure u've noticed. that whole trackmeet type team was a fantasy that wasn't thought thru. we were never destined to be that typa team, we have a couple players that could make that work in TJ, parker, and moon maybe, but bosh is our core, and if he cant flourish in an uptempo offense it will not succeed.

Rubix said:
c'mon, you're blind if you think sam has a half decent x's and o's game. then on the defensive end, he has them switching man to man. that's his defensive philosophy and its why our smaller guards are almost always forced to guard bigger players and are left exposed. not to mention, i don't fu*ken see why sam doesn't have players pressuring the ball at the half court line..instead they drop down to the high post and THEN start pressuring which i believe is why we are getting k!lled on the perimeter. again, if you don't believe me, download some past raptor games and watch them.
i dont need to download some games lol, i catch most of em. honestly i've stopped paying close attention to the defensive end and analyzing it cuz i realized we have ZERO talents other than moon (off the ball and odd nite where man to man hes in a zone) on the defensive end. EVERYONE gets exposed theres really no hope. i dont think trying to pressure them at half court will help our non existent perimeter defense. calderon is nothing more than a pylon out there. TJ isnt much better himself. and when ANYone gets into the paint, we literally have the softest paint presence probably in the league. its a joke. its nothing sam can do man. we straight up have sh*t defenders who show no toughness or much effort.

u dont realize but half of defense is actually just effort and going after boards, boxing out, etc etc. u can have all the schemes u want, but at the end of the day, when ur defenders get exposed any which way, zone or man...its useless to crtique the defensive system in place. i've gotten too upset to even care about our defense...ppl stroll thru the paint like its fu*king central park and its disgusting.

Rubix said:
his sub patterns are fu*ked up because he likes to sub entire fu*ken lineups and almost does it methodically..you already know when he's going to do it. newsflash, you dont need to put entire lineups in at once sam. and you don't have to keep fu*king up the starting 5 like larry brown did to the knicks. the team has no fu*ken chemistry this year and its the coach's job to establish some form of chemistry.
u dont think the lack of chemistry had anything to do with bosh and tj missing a sh*tload of games?? hes had the same starting 5 for the most part for the year other than injury. he tried bargs but bargs is beyond horrible. u cant leave him in there. but u HAD to try bargs out in the starting lineup. calderon HAD to go in there with ford out. wtf has he juggled other than those musts?? kapono came out cuz hes really USELESS other than standing outside the perimeter and hitting a shot IF hes open.

Rubix said:
and if you dont think sam has anything to do with barg's development, then iono what else to say to you..yeah great coaching on his part saying that he didnt talk to bargnani for over a month earlier this season. wow! thats the way to coach! if a player who is considered a big part of your future is doing poorly, just dont talk to him for a month! yea!

dont gas the smitch up. he only won coy by default. it just so happened bc gave him players to work with. vc and rafer were onto something when they said sam never had them prepared for games and sh*t..
i honestly never heard the never talking to him for a month thing...that sounds pretty fu*ked up if actually true.

by default?? lol wins are wins man...no one expected anything from us last year really other than an 8th seed. u talk about chemistry we had how many new faces last year. so many diff cultures. u'd have to be a fool to beleive it all just 'came together' cuz we had some talents. no. wins speak more that x's and o's. we had 47 wins last year. if bosh doesnt go down and we dont lose like 9 of 11 or whatever that stretch was...and early in the season he went down too...and ford doesnt go down for motnhs and we lose EZ games in that month where we faced like all sub .500 teams...we woulda won at least 47 this year too. we're not a great team by any means...but imo it has a lot less to do with sam than it has to do with the players we have.

kapono, delfino, bargnani, even parker...and calerons defense especially...these players are a big part of our team yet are not great or even good players. why do u think detroit was willing to part with delfino?? weve seen how he just chuks bricks all day. why u think everyone said we overpaid for kapono this summer?? cuz they knew he could do nothing other than stand and hope to be open. bargs is self-explanatory, calderons is very overated in toronto. i'm sorry. not even gonna get into that one...ppl will find out in due time.
 10 years ago '04        #128
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,461 | Props total: 6048 6048
aye raptor fans this should get yall hyped about the game
 10 years ago '06        #129
m!ck3y 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,242 | Props total: 628 628
anyone else ganna be at game 1?
 10 years ago '07        #130
MLCP 2 heat pts
space
space
$588 | Props total: 69 69
Bosh always seems to do good against the Magic. Despite that, I think the Magic have more pieces than the Raps so I say Magic in 6.
 10 years ago '05        #131
Rubix 
space
space
shootar, i respect your opinion but you're not holding sam accountable for the things he should be held accountable for. defense is more than just hustle and heart. there's a way to play defense...why do you think larry brown in considered a defensive minded coach? why do you think mike brown is considered a defensive minded coach and why are certain a.ssistant coaches hired JUST to teach defense? because defense CAN be taught. and if there's a player who is a weaker defender when compared to other players on the team, it is the coaches responsibility to hide deficiencies and to play to the teams strength.

thats something sam doesn't do. nobody on the pistons except for maybe rasheed was considered a good defender until larry brown taught them how to play team defense. houston doesnt have good one on one defenders but jvg taught them how to properly rotate and shut down certain type of players. have you seen sam implement anything on defense besides man to man and the occasional zone? okay, well im almost certain now that you have never played real organized basketball seeing as how you dont see the necessity to press at the half court line. if the raptors put pressure on the pg at the half court line, the offense would be easier to disrupt and our wings would establish better position on the opposing team's wings as well. not to mention, the shot clock acts as a 6th defender. pressuring the ball handler at the half court line will take off at least 3 seconds off the shot clock making it harder for the opposition to get a good shot.

and when i said "run," i didnt literally mean it as run n gun like the nuggets or suns. i mean, they have the ability to run a faster offense. like get the ball up the court, set up the offense quickly and take the first clean look they get. like i said, ive seen prep schools learn this and use it and i dont see why an nba team cant do it. listen, the raptors have the slowest offense in the league..they take less shots per 100 possessions and take at least 10 seconds off the shot clock before the offense initiates. and at the same time, NOBODY besides TJ and Bosh can create their own shot..so again, it is up to the coaches to hide these deficiencies and PREVENT the team from getting into a half court game which they will almost always get slaughtered doing. If they play half court with Orlando, they will get murked..plain and simple.

hey, if you like sam, then thats fine...but i find it strange that somebody can actually like a coach who always says "well they made shats and we missed our shats. we need to make more shats to win" in every damn post-game interview. there are no adjustments made from game to game. just the same ol' shats shats shats.
 10 years ago '05        #132
Rubix 
space
space
Oh and here's a link saying that Smitch ignored Bargs for about a month..I initially read that story from the Sun but I'm too lazy to go look for it there. It's in the Sun though if you feel like looking for it:

04-18-2008, 01:59 PM         #133
Clipse36  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rubix said:
^lmao, who the fu*k is this guy?
just a simple magic fan telling the truth...i love when people ask who somebody is like they are actually a somebody... ive been on threads constantly for a year now...unlike you i know what im talkin about, ill let the magic do my talkin...magic in 5

Last edited by Clipse36; 04-18-2008 at 02:00 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #134
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
 Rubix said:
shootar, i respect your opinion but you're not holding sam accountable for the things he should be held accountable for. defense is more than just hustle and heart. there's a way to play defense...why do you think larry brown in considered a defensive minded coach? why do you think mike brown is considered a defensive minded coach and why are certain a.ssistant coaches hired JUST to teach defense? because defense CAN be taught. and if there's a player who is a weaker defender when compared to other players on the team, it is the coaches responsibility to hide deficiencies and to play to the teams strength.

thats something sam doesn't do. nobody on the pistons except for maybe rasheed was considered a good defender until larry brown taught them how to play team defense. houston doesnt have good one on one defenders but jvg taught them how to properly rotate and shut down certain type of players. have you seen sam implement anything on defense besides man to man and the occasional zone? okay, well im almost certain now that you have never played real organized basketball seeing as how you dont see the necessity to press at the half court line. if the raptors put pressure on the pg at the half court line, the offense would be easier to disrupt and our wings would establish better position on the opposing team's wings as well. not to mention, the shot clock acts as a 6th defender. pressuring the ball handler at the half court line will take off at least 3 seconds off the shot clock making it harder for the opposition to get a good shot.

and when i said "run," i didnt literally mean it as run n gun like the nuggets or suns. i mean, they have the ability to run a faster offense. like get the ball up the court, set up the offense quickly and take the first clean look they get. like i said, ive seen prep schools learn this and use it and i dont see why an nba team cant do it. listen, the raptors have the slowest offense in the league..they take less shots per 100 possessions and take at least 10 seconds off the shot clock before the offense initiates. and at the same time, NOBODY besides TJ and Bosh can create their own shot..so again, it is up to the coaches to hide these deficiencies and PREVENT the team from getting into a half court game which they will almost always get slaughtered doing. If they play half court with Orlando, they will get murked..plain and simple.

hey, if you like sam, then thats fine...but i find it strange that somebody can actually like a coach who always says "well they made shats and we missed our shats. we need to make more shats to win" in every damn post-game interview. there are no adjustments made from game to game. just the same ol' shats shats shats.

yo i'll respond in a little bit...but i'll reply to it in the raps team thread cuz we kinda hijacking the series thread lol
 10 years ago '05        #135
Rubix 
space
space
 Clipse36 said:
just a simple magic fan telling the truth...i love when people ask who somebody is like they are actually a somebody... ive been on threads constantly for a year now...unlike you i know what im talkin about, ill let the magic do my talkin...magic in 5
so you've been posting for a year but act like you know who are real fans and sh*t? the fu*k you talking about? the raptor fans on bx, including myself, even repped the raptors and made threads about em when they went 1-15 to start the season 2 seasons ago.

and you cant even question my bball IQ dunny. you're an idiot. just like all miami basketball heads. ya'll fairweather mutherfu*kers disappear when you're teams aint doing sh*t just like heat fans.
 10 years ago '05        #136
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
 Rubix said:
so you've been posting for a year but act like you know who are real fans and sh*t? the fu*k you talking about? the raptor fans on bx, including myself, even repped the raptors and made threads about em when they went 1-15 to start the season 2 seasons ago.

and you cant even question my bball IQ dunny. you're an idiot. just like all miami basketball heads. ya'll fairweather mutherfu*kers disappear when you're teams aint doing sh*t just like heat fans.
naw I was in the same place last year when the magic were gettin swept... to tell the truth I didnt think we'd finish 3rd in the conference but we did and i been reppin the magic for a minute.... ya'll n*ggas always wanna holla out a fair weather fan....
 10 years ago '05        #137
rawchester 14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,395 | Props total: 4455 4455
Raps vs. magic baby.

My wifey just bought us 2 tickets for the raps game off of ebay.. I got an exam friday morning but you best believe I'm going to that raps game a drunk mess:applause::D

How that busta rhymes song go "I love my chick, uh uh, I love my lady" :applause::applause:

LETS fu*kIN DO THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
 10 years ago '05        #138
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
Damn i wish we had the saturday game.... even tho Cle-Was and PHX-spurs gon be nice match ups
 04-19-2008, 02:42 PM         #139
AlCapone  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1 day away
 10 years ago '05        #140
DMT|B 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,111 | Props total: 516 516
magic in 5.... raps sucks and cant compete with orlando... hell they couldnt even beat pistons 2 string lineup just sad....
dt
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy