Skyline R34 for sale in NY!

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
169 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
188 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 04-21-2008, 10:55 AM         #41
renagade281 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
supra>>>> skyline
 10 years ago '06        #42
dmoney80 
space
space
$1,416 | Props total: 12 12
FOR ALL U FOOLS OUT THERE CLAIMING ITS LEGAL TO DRIVE THIS CAR IN THE U.S......ITS ILLEGAL. The process is a very lengthy one to legalize it

As a USA individual, you must engage the a.ssistance of a
CCI, Certified Commercial Importer, who will perform the necessary
conversions and certifications with EPA, NHTSA, etc. for you to be
able to license a non-complying imported vehicle. Appreciate that
this will take time, and cost money. Lots of paperwork must be lodged
and approvals granted with Govt. agencies before you can import a
non-complying vehicle."
 04-21-2008, 08:54 PM         #43
$$$$$ MAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my friend had a civic type r right handed side drive and had no problems in texas getting it on the road legally, he imports all sorts of parts from japan like jdm and other parts that u cant buy in america
 10 years ago '04        #44
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 Azntwins2 said:
I never said it was legal, fu*k you and your dumb a.ss points fu*k boy, it's easy to run your fu*king mouth online e-thug. Your broke a.ss is too poor to afford a skyline let alone a nice car and now your bi*ch a.ss is hating on the next person. You are a LAME Take your loss and move on bi*ch.
Um. My VH45DE sh*ts on a lot homeboy.

It's a pretty nice car.

So you're saying your boy's car isn't legal? But before, you said it was. Why lie?

If I wanted a Skyline, I'd get an R33. But I don't like them. I'm partial to the R34's. But they're quite difficult to get in the States.
 10 years ago '04        #45
Floeji 
space
space
 Diplomat07 said:
Yo Floeji dude you think you know everything but i know for sure that its not that costly to make the switch to the US but the thing i agree is that the maintance will cost bread cuz the parts will most likely have 2 be imported but still buying the car for 14k if so you would come out ok cuz youll have the difference in what the car normally cost to spend to get its over here and take care of it.But by no means is it illegal and def not that impossible to get over as your stating bro.
I know what I know. I've given factual articles, written by one of the nation's leading Nissan/Infiniti experts.

You're not going to get an R34 for $14k. It's bullsh*t. The cars don't run that cheap in Japan, let alone out here. Then you have to get the LHD conversion, or get special permission from the DMV/MVC to have a car like that on the road. You're also restricted to the amount of miles that you can travel with it.

By the time the car gets here, you'll be at $14k and that's not even counting all the sh*t that needs to be done. And yes, by all means it IS NOT LEGAL. What the fu*k man? Damn, I've posted the article. If you don't have your sh*t seized by Customs, you're still at risk. If not from the police (they're not as knowledgeable) then from the DOT.

I wish a n*gga would try to pass state inspection (Not the private facility/pay per sticker gas stations) with that sh*t.
 10 years ago '04        #46
Floeji 
space
space
Again. For the unbelievers.

Federal vs. State Registration
According to Sean Morris, one of the foremost experts on JDM vehicle importation, most people can not grasp the difference between vehicle legalization and vehicle registration.

# Legalization – a vehicle in full compliance with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, and Environmental Protection Agency standards.

# Registration - registration is the responsibility of the individual states and localities. Most states do not check to see wether a vehicle is federally legal. If they see the vehicle, and are paid the registration fees, they will give registration for the vehicle.

Many people seem to get confused that if a vehicle is registered, that it is legal or "legalized". A registered vehicle is just a registered vehicle. Registration could still be revoked by the DOT, EPA, or customs service, if the vehicle was found to have entered into the country fraudulently.

NHTSA is not responsible for regulating the operation of motor vehicles on public roads in the U.S. nor for titling or registering motor vehicles for such operation. That is instead the responsibility of the individual States. Some States may require a manufacturer's certificate of origin (MCO) or manufacturer's statement of origin (MSO) to register a new motor vehicle. These are not federally required documents. NHTSA, therefore, is not in a position to offer guidance to prospective vehicle manufacturers or vehicle purchasers on obtaining a needed MCO or MSO. Consumers with questions regarding these documents should direct those questions to their State’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Prospective manufacturers seeking guidance on obtaining MCO or MSO documents should contact the American a.ssociation of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA) at 703-522-4201 or visit that organization's website at .

99% of the time "State Titled" and "State Registered" translates to "Illegally imported and titled as kit car". Cars that appear "legal" (to a state) can be impounded by the Feds. Likely, no. Possible, yes. It has happened before (in AZ, in particular) and may be stepped up if the Feds decide they're "fed up" (no pun intended) with the flouting of the law. Many illegally-imported Skylines roam the streets unmolested on a regular basis. However, there's always the chance that something goes wrong (usually due to an accident, a vandalism / theft, or simply an "anonymous call") that brings the car to "official" attention.

Registration Nightmares
One prospective Skyline owner we interviewed relayed the following story: Of the two certifications needed for importation of a motor vehicle (Federal Import/Export certificates), he received the Export Certificate only along with a Bill of Lading from the shipper. He tried his luck with his home state's lax DMV rules. The clerk stated that the Import Certificate was the most important document. At that point it ceased to be a legitimately imported vehicle in his state and the DMV was "on the lookout" for it. Soon thereafter, the rescinded ruling became common knowledge to the DMV personnel. The importer can't / won't help him out, and the DMV is hip to his game.

Insuring a Gray-Market Car
In compiling this article, we contacted numerous car insurance providers, including industry powerhouses such as GEICO, AAA, State Farm, Liberty Mutual and Progressive. We also contacted specialty insurers such as Hagerty, who specialize in special- interest vehicles. Progressive (at the time of this article) was the only company we could find who do not ask for DOT papers. However, if something happens to the car and a claim is filed, they run a check with DOT, reserving their right to NOT pay the claim. There's a little stipulation in the policy, which most folks never read, that exempts Progressive from any responsibility if any part of your application is false or misleading. You can bet their lawyers would deny a claim all day long based on that alone. Other insurance companies require DOT and EPA paperwork prior to issuing a policy. If, by some stroke of luck, you find a company willing to offer a "stated- value" policy on your freshly-imported Skyline, they still reserve the right to deny your claim, based on your knowingly falsifying the application (which you'd have to do to get the car insured).

Here's why: Nearly every application for insurance we reviewed contained the following verbage: "Has the vehicle been modified to NHTSA standards and been officially approved by the DOT?" Thus, by saying "yes", if you ever have an accident and they find out that you willfully gave a false statement about that DOT approval, you could be cited for insurance fraud.

In addition to the possibility of having any claim denied, there's another interesting risk being taken by grey-market Skyline owners: IF you are unfortunate enough to hit someone else, and they sued you, or you sued for medical, you're driving a car that is not in compliance with NHTSA crash-safety standards. Again, the attorneys would jump on that like a hobo on a ham sandwich. Don't have proper door beams? Don't have proper glass? Gee, what else isn't "up-to-snuff' on your car and could it have possibly contributed to the accident or the injury? You can bet an insurance company's attorney will look for any way to get out of honoring your claim, and you'll be left holding the bag and liable for more than just your damages.
 10 years ago '04        #47
Floeji 
space
space
Show / Off-Road Use Only
Additionally, it should be noted that there are a number of Skylines in the US listed as off- road (read: racing) purposes only. A vehicle imported for "Show or Display" may receive NHTSA approval to be driven on the highway, but the odometer must not register more than 2,500 miles in a 12-month period. NHTSA approval of limited on-road use is to allow the vehicle to be driven to and from nearby displays of similar automobiles. Another reason permission is granted is to maintain the vehicle’s engine, braking, lighting, and other dynamic systems in good working order. The Catch: The vehicle is still required to meet EPA requirements. If the original engine in the vehicle will be replaced with a non-original engine to meet EPA requirements, it must be identified in your application since it may impact on the technological or historical significance of the vehicle, thereby resulting in a denial of the application. Such permits are rarely granted and are monitored closely.

Emissions and The Potentially Illegal Skyline
This creates a whole new challenge - Getting a car with no emissions equipment to pass stringent US emissions standards. When NHTSA decided to pull the R32 and early R33's off the eligible vehicle import list, they released the cars that were brought in before March of that year. The 1996-1998 R33 models were still on the list, and could be made DOT compliant, but the fact that none of the cars have OBD2 makes them not EPA compliant. After numerous legal challenges, NHTSA didn't want to deal with the whole Skyline mess anymore and made it an EPA matter. So the only way to make the cars legal is for someone to make an OBD2 conversion for the RB26DETT. As of this writing, JK Technologies a.sserts that they do the OBDII conversion and that they they do everything needed to make it DOT and EPA compliant.

More on "The Gray Zone"
Other than the Motorex Skylines, the remainder of Skylines in the US are the result of "gray market" tactics in which the vehicles were imported by means other than those authorized. These tactics include VIN swapping, shipping the cars through in parts to be rebuilt once on shore and registering the vehicle as a kit car. Obviously a large number are shipped in whole and snuck through the system by other means. When looking for a US-based Skyline realize that there is a difference between having a state registration and being Federally legalized as some states are more lenient than others when it comes to issueing state vehicle registrations to owners. These vehicles are still considered illegal in the eyes of the NHTSA and CAN be siezed / impounded without warning or compensation.

If you still decide to go the route of a gray market Skyline, you would have the option to either purchase one of these vehicles that are currently in the US or to utilize a RI to have one imported. On-road legality issues aside, utilizing a RI to import a Skyline is a "leap of faith" which may cost you in the end. You are required at a minimum to pre-pay a percentage of the vehicle cost plus shipping with no guarantee the vehicle will get through customs. There are numerous horror stories of people losing all of their investment with nothing to show due to US customs confiscating the car (as previously mentioned) and either shipping it back at your cost, seizing the car, or crushing the car itself. For those purchasing one already in the US I would pay particular attention to licensing requirements for your state before purchase and realize that you are purchasing a vehicle that is not Federally legalized. If registering for the first time, you will need the De-Reg documents from Japan with translation, a copy of the 7501, proof of insurance and a VIN verification. While I have not heard of registered vehicles being taken away and crushed due to Federal legalization, that does not mean it won't happen or has not happened in the past.

What About Registering it as a Kit Car?
A kit car is a car that was never mass-produced. Titling a "Skyline" as a kit car is in violation of Federal law. Now, that's not to say some shady individuals don't do it, but they're one phone call away from impound. In fact, a company named Evolution Imports was reportedly selling R33's. The cars were imported to Florida and exported to the Caribbean, where the drivetrain would be taken out and the car shipped back in pieces. It would then be reassembled and registered as a car constructed from parts.

How About Bringing it in Through Canada?
There are a number of Skylines in Canada, and many pop up for sale from time to time. However, Skylines don't count under the Canadian Market category as they were never originally manufactured for exportation to the Canadian market. Thus these vehicles will be processed the same as a vehicle imported from Japan. Of course, with them simply being a "border away" it would be far easier for a Canadian Skyline to enter the gray market. Still, US Customs will have the final say at the border, and the buyer risks seizure of their vehicle.
? *crickets*
Now. Does that not say everything that I've said?

Suckers getting hype because they saw The Fast and the Furious. Lay down.

Would anyone else like to attempt to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about?

I don't give a fu*k if your grandmother has an R34 and drives it daily. It's still not legal, and if in fact, it is on the street, it's on restrictions.

Then, you have to worry about insurance. Good luck insuring it. And getting an approved claim.

Dumb fu*ks.
 04-23-2008, 01:26 AM         #48
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Floeji
you've proved everyone wrong, they can't seem to admit it because they are just to dumb and stubborn, so jsut let it be, this thread is no officially closed becasue of the stupid people who can't read whole posts, especially Floeji's posts. everything he's posted has been 100% correct

one
GhosT
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
204 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy