Apr 9 - The Bible is America's favorite book

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
207 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
255 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
93 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #161
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,214 | Props total: 2113 2113
 JAVI. said:
damn; Is that where you get your christian stereo types from.. not every christian like that just like every muslim isn't a extremist.

You really need to read what your speaking against and maybe you'll have good points in this argument. Cause nowhere in the bible does it say to single out people and hate them. actually it says to hate someone is like committing murder.
I have no points? I asked if somebody could tell me the name of Cains wife and not one intelligent answer....Atheists dont have sights like godhatesfags.com and they dont picket soldiers funerals with signs that God Hates America..they dont start wars over what they believe...they dont try and convert people by torture....they dont carbomb a daycare...Im asking why you would want to be a part of anything that leads to this type of behavior?
 04-13-2008, 09:57 PM         #162
Christos© 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
you must seriously have some pent up issues with homos3xuality......it was nowhere in this thread till you brought in in....I have had this screename for 4 years and got into all kinds of arguments and not once has somebody said " oh look how you spell your name diff then how the word is actually spelled so your a f*g".....damn,you must be 10 years old.You kind of remind me of the little brats on Xbox live .....For somebody thats reppin what you rep and thinks hes one of God's warriors....you have added nothing to this discussion
Your name is gay, get over it.

Add to the discussion? All i see is bashing. Okay so let me add to the discussion then.

God is imaginary.

Christians are stupid, they live by a fairy book that was written by a magic man in the sky.

Did that help the discussion?
 10 years ago '04        #163
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 JAVI. said:
i understand what your saying and i feel there are a lot of fake "religious people" especially the BET sunday gospel evangelists; but that doesn't give a reason to bash a whole religion cause not every believer is like that. and the bible speaks against that very thing...

its like saying muslim is a bad religion cause all they wanna do is take freedom away form the united states and blow themselves up; when in actuality the muslim religion is nothing like that.
I know not everyone is like that but their still a part of where all that comes from....and for no good intelligent reason.
 10 years ago '04        #164
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 Christos© said:
Your name is gay, get over it.

Add to the discussion? All i see is bashing. Okay so let me add to the discussion then.

God is imaginary.

Christians are stupid, they live by a fairy book that was written by a magic man in the sky.

Did that help the discussion?
Thats not all that was said....people are trying to understand why and how you could believe some of the things you do.....
 04-13-2008, 11:09 PM         #165
Christos© 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
Thats not all that was said....people are trying to understand why and how you could believe some of the things you do.....
Sorry but all i see is mocking.

You mad cause we believe people came from people and not some retarded fish frog that evolved? Well look up Mitochondrial Eve that's scientific proof that all human beings living today came from the same mother. I've read about this, even from the evolution side i understand they say she lived 200,000 years ago (which is BS) not 6,500 years ago.

Even if the Bible is a pack of lies and some other world view is true, someone fu*ked their cousin, sister, or niece according to this scientific fact. So where did Cain get his wife, he probably s3x'd a close relative. Does it really matter what her name was? We know the names of the first humans and you still call it BS, so i doubt knowing her will change your mind. Then if you want we can get into genetics, inbreeding wouldn't have been a problem for the first humans, unless you think we came from apes or something. :rolleyes:

The funny thing is i will get mockers for spitting this scientific knowledge. But if you're reading this and you fu*ked a female before, you fu*ked your relation. Today we don't mess with close relations, but if you had s3x or plan on having it you will fu*k a relation.

Another point, whoever this Mitochondrial Eve woman was, evolutionist say she wasn't the only woman alive at the time it just so happens that every woman alive at the time had all their children die and this one woman kids magically survived and multiplied so she's the mother of us all aka our last common ancestor.
 10 years ago '04        #166
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 Christos© said:
Sorry but all i see is mocking.

You mad cause we believe people came from people and not some retarded fish frog that evolved? Well look up Mitochondrial Eve that's scientific proof that all human beings living today came from the same mother. I've read about this, even from the evolution side i understand they say she lived 200,000 years ago (which is BS) not 6,500 years ago.

Even if the Bible is a pack of lies and some other world view is true, someone fu*ked their cousin, sister, or niece according to this scientific fact. So where did Cain get his wife, he probably s3x'd a close relative. Does it really matter what her name was? We know the names of the first humans and you still call it BS, so i doubt knowing her will change your mind. Then if you want we can get into genetics, inbreeding wouldn't have been a problem for the first humans, unless you think we came from apes or something. :rolleyes:

The funny thing is i will get mockers for spitting this scientific knowledge. But if you're reading this and you fu*ked a female before, you fu*ked your relation. Today we don't mess with close relations, but if you had s3x or plan on having it you will fu*k a relation.

Another point, whoever this Mitochondrial Eve woman was, evolutionist say she wasn't the only woman alive at the time it just so happens that every woman alive at the time had all their children die and this one woman kids magically survived and multiplied so she's the mother of us all aka our last common ancestor.
thats going by the theory if we all started from one couple.....what if that wasnt the case? I dont know if the evolution theory is true but you cant look at cavemen and monkeys and us and not see some kind of connection...I mean if we started from one couple how did we get diff races and some people ending up way on the other side of the world when they had no ways of traveling that far across oceans back then? I think her name is very important and they left if out for a reason....if they gave her name then people would say" SO god made other people out of dust and Adam and Eve werent that special" or if it said it was his sister then they would say" Cain fu*ked his sister??".....either way they know they would have trouble with that part so they did the smart thing.....just left her name out completly...

Last edited by persuazion; 04-14-2008 at 09:40 AM..
 04-14-2008, 09:57 AM         #167
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^and different speices, i.e neanderthal, they had religious burials, ceremonies etc, had a larger brain than us etc.

whats the religious explanation for neanderthal man.

oh and personally i believe the story of adam and eve can be connected with genetic manipulation pretty easily, i mean, pre christ the sumers had knowledge of dna and the solar system.
 04-14-2008, 11:32 AM         #168
Christos© 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
thats going by the theory if we all started from one couple.....what if that wasnt the case? I dont know if the evolution theory is true but you cant look at cavemen and monkeys and us and not see some kind of connection...I mean if we started from one couple how did we get diff races and some people ending up way on the other side of the world when they had no ways of traveling that far across oceans back then? I think her name is very important and they left if out for a reason....if they gave her name then people would say" SO god made other people out of dust and Adam and Eve werent that special" or if it said it was his sister then they would say" Cain fu*ked his sister??".....either way they know they would have trouble with that part so they did the smart thing.....just left her name out completly...
Do you actually think every other woman kids died off 200,000 years ago but some lady had her kids stay alive. Why didn't her kids die? Isn't it better to a.ssume maybe she was the only woman or one of a few women left on Earth? I can explain this but i'll give you the short version, did you know when you wipe away the evolutionary a.ssumptions about the mitochondrial DNA it was found out this mother of all humans lived about 6,500 years ago? This is only rejected because it agrees with the Bible.

That's a good but common question about the "races." Did you know there is no such thing as a race? The whole human genome has been mapped out and it was discovered there is only one race, the human race aka homo sapien sapien. What you want to know is how did we get different skin color, eye shape, and stuff like that. Eye, shape and skin color and other things that make up the "races" only account for only 0.012 percent of human biological variation. Overall the difference between all persons is small when you look at it genetically or biologically.

Let's look at skin color, as you probably know your skin color is based on how much melanin is produced. As people started to migrate and gene pools started to become separate natural selection brought about genetic drift. For example darker skinned people fare better in warm climates because the amount of melanin they have protects them against UV rays. As for lighter skinned people they lack the melanin needed to protect them from the harmful UV rays. In the reverse since those with darker skin need more sunlight to produce vitamin D, they may not have been as able to survive as well in areas of less sunlight like our lighter skinned brethren. As for eye shape, if slanted eyes is dominate in a population then more likely than not if you're born into that population you'll have slanted eyes.

Adam and Eve had other children according to the fairy book, so we don't need to think this magic man created other people. You know why we don't know their names? They don't matter to the story. Genesis is a book about beginnings/origins. It gives us the origin of sin, different languages, suffering, the Jewish patriarchs, etc. If we knew her name would that make Genesis true? If no, then why does it matter?
 04-14-2008, 11:34 AM         #169
Steve--O 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JordanWest86 said:
They believe it b/c they have faith. I just think ppl are ignorant when they can think that something as complex as the human body and the Earth that they live on and reproduction just happened. "Yea there was probably a big coming together of particles and miraculously all of this came to be." I guess that explains everything.........but anywayz there will alwayz be doubters....hmmmm i think that it did say something about that in the BIBLE.
The Bible doesn't answer the great question of why are we here and neither does science. The Japanese don't buy into the whole bible thing because they're an intelligent race of people who don't buy into fairy tales as truth.

However, there is something I would like to comment on. People of all organised religions are generally ignorant people who choose to believe that a god not of this world created out Universe in 7 days. Yet they seem to condemn most sciences and the possibility of life on other planets. They can simply believe one thing through faith and no physical evidence, yet condemn something else when there's no physical evidence.

Does this not seem a bit hypocritical?

I do believe in god, and I do feel some religions can teach us some good things. It's sad how people use religion in order to express some sort of superiority over others who don't follow that same religion.
 10 years ago '07        #170
JordanWest86 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,840 | Props total: 2105 2105
 persuazion said:

If you look at a map clearly the world used to be one big land piece all continents together. People traveled over time so that explains it.
 10 years ago '07        #171
JordanWest86 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,840 | Props total: 2105 2105
 Steve--O said:
The Bible doesn't answer the great question of why are we here and neither does science. The Japanese don't buy into the whole bible thing because they're an intelligent race of people who don't buy into fairy tales as truth.

However, there is something I would like to comment on. People of all organised religions are generally ignorant people who choose to believe that a god not of this world created out Universe in 7 days. Yet they seem to condemn most sciences and the possibility of life on other planets. They can simply believe one thing through faith and no physical evidence, yet condemn something else when there's no physical evidence.

I do believe in god, and I do feel some religions can teach us some good things. It's sad how people use religion in order to express some sort of superiority over others who don't follow that same religion.

First of all the Bible definelty answers the question of why we are here. Stereotyping people of organized religion as being ignorant people lets everyone reading this thread realize how ignorant and simple minded you are. Thats like me saying atheists are typically terrible people with no morals at all b/c they dont have a religious background which isnt the case.

Yes some religous people are hypocritical. Some atheists and muslims are also. Just b/c a person is a Christian does not mean they are flawless.
 04-14-2008, 12:08 PM         #172
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JordanWest86 said:
First of all the Bible definelty answers the question of why we are here. Stereotyping people of organized religion as being ignorant people lets everyone reading this thread realize how ignorant and simple minded you are. Thats like me saying atheists are typically terrible people with no morals at all b/c they dont have a religious background which isnt the case.

Yes some religous people are hypocritical. Some atheists and muslims are also. Just b/c a person is a Christian does not mean they are flawless.
no it doesnt u idiot. u might believe it does but thats only because u believe what u are reading is fact.

how is christianity any different, not in worship terms or anything, but in terms of belief what is different from u believing in god 2 me believing in say....zeus or apollo?
 04-14-2008, 12:14 PM         #173
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and again, how do religious people explain the neanderthal?

btw id call myself an atheist with doubts, the bible was written by men, remember that and 2 gospels, containing bits that conflicted with the christian views set up by the catholic church (e.g. 25th dec being jesus' brithday, which it of course wasnt, they just did it 2 align with british tribes in order 4 a less violent conversion)

and also bits with serious evidence of ufos and ancient astronauts etc.

im not saying theres definitely no god, im just saying christianity/islam etc. are a control mechanism.
 04-14-2008, 12:19 PM         #174
Christos© 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Steve--O said:

They're too busy making in japan. They're just too busy. :rolleyes:
 10 years ago '04        #175
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
Like I said I would have no problem at all with Christianity or any other religions as long as the person following it knows that its a theory and does not think its a fact and that there is no doubt thats what happened at the beginning of time....your following 1 idea out of many on how life came to be....what makes yours right?WHat makes yours so much more sensible then Scientology or the Muslims version? How can you read the bible and say "YEp....this is actually what happened and I wont accept anything else because the bible says this is how it was"
 04-14-2008, 01:19 PM         #176
Christos© 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
Like I said I would have no problem at all with Christianity or any other religions as long as the person following it knows that its a theory and does not think its a fact and that there is no doubt thats what happened at the beginning of time....your following 1 idea out of many on how life came to be....what makes yours right?WHat makes yours so much more sensible then Scientology or the Muslims version? How can you read the bible and say "YEp....this is actually what happened and I wont accept anything else because the bible says this is how it was"
It's not a theory to say we all came from one woman, it's scientific fact. The evidence fits with a Christian world view. When it comes to this creation-evolution thing people don't realize both sides have the same evidence, they just interpret it differently. Creationist stress the difference between operational science and origins. Operational science are things that are observable, repeatable, testable. Origins science deals with unobservable events that happened only once in the past. What we do is try to find evidence in the present to tell us about the past, but that itself is a a.ssumption.

Why Christianity? Well Christianity hinges on if some "magic man" resurrected or not. I looked at the historical evidence for the resurrection and i concluded the best explanation is that he actually did resurrect. I even made a thread giving the evidence for it, check it out if you want.
 04-14-2008, 01:30 PM         #177
JAVI. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
I have no points? I asked if somebody could tell me the name of Cains wife and not one intelligent answer....Atheists dont have sights like godhatesfags.com and they dont picket soldiers funerals with signs that God Hates America..they dont start wars over what they believe...they dont try and convert people by torture....they dont carbomb a daycare...Im asking why you would want to be a part of anything that leads to this type of behavior?

first off...

The Westboro Baptist Church is the one who made that site and there a bunch of crazy ignorant hicks that think every tragedy is caused by homos3xuals; their also shunned by everyother baptist church in the south. nowhere in the bible doesnt it say to hate another person and celebrate the death of another. THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES WITH THAT KIND OF WEBSITE AND THAT TYPE OF BEHAVIOR.

if you think every bible beileving person is like that then you must think all minorities are criminals becuase thats how they are portrayed on television. just like how christians are being portrayed by the westboro baptist church
 04-14-2008, 01:34 PM         #178
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^edit: 1post up

its not christian tho is it? christians believe that but dont act as if christianity isnt just other religious texts from earlier periods with christ added on.

oh and christ is a muslim prophet aswel, they believe he will come back on judgement day to defeat the anti christ/all the worlds too.
 04-14-2008, 01:40 PM         #179
JAVI. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
I know not everyone is like that but their still a part of where all that comes from....and for no good intelligent reason.
the bibe is not where it all comes from; those people are just takin the bible out of context and using it to hate other people.

just like those muslim extremist; nowhere in the quran does it say to bomb someone..yet people think it does cause all they ever hear about muslims is when one of these terrorist blows themselves up
 10 years ago '04        #180
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 Christos© said:
It's not a theory to say we all came from one woman, it's scientific fact. The evidence fits with a Christian world view. When it comes to this creation-evolution thing people don't realize both sides have the same evidence, they just interpret it differently. Creationist stress the difference between operational science and origins. Operational science are things that are observable, repeatable, testable. Origins science deals with unobservable events that happened only once in the past. What we do is try to find evidence in the present to tell us about the past, but that itself is a a.ssumption.

Why Christianity? Well Christianity hinges on if some "magic man" resurrected or not. I looked at the historical evidence for the resurrection and i concluded the best explanation is that he actually did resurrect. I even made a thread giving the evidence for it, check it out if you want.
How come Christians believe the earth only 6000 years old?
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
74 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
181 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
57 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
46 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
82 comments
20 hours ago