Apr 9 - The Bible is America's favorite book

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
147 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
77 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
133 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #41
R4P 11 heat pts11
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 230 230
 persuazion said:
Im talking bout in real life
in real life not everyone whose Christian is like that. For example, me personally if you're interested in hearing about it, I'll be glad to tell you from my experiences why im Christian....but im not one of those people that will go up to a random person and tell them they are going to hell.

you're generalizing too much.
 04-10-2008, 12:16 PM         #42
Danja2Society 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 moneytime said:
The Holy Scriptures are absolutely vital in these last days and times. This is the only book inspired by the one, true, and living God. However many seem to take adherence to speaking and not living the Scriptures in this country. It is important that this country repent and turn back to the Word soley. Believers must bear the fruit of the faith and zealously "study, practice, and teach". This country is so shrouded in darkness and unbelief that it is not a wonder that judgement is rapidly unfolding as prophesied. **Read Revelations 18**, oh and to answer the question about death, you are more alive in your spirit body than the physical. Your form will be that of your youth. Yes, there is a Hell, and it was meant for the devil, unfortunately many turn from God and follow after the ways of darkness/delusion and choose the wrath of God rather than paradise in Heaven. What use is it to be ever-learning and never come in knowledge of the Truth? As prophesied by Isaiah, the last days will be a time of great expansion in knowledge! In the book of Matthew, Jesus stated that when he returns it will be like the times of Noah. Many will be caught unawares and it will be too late! He came first as the lamb, but he will return as righteous judge.

Propped for real talk!!
 10 years ago '04        #43
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,214 | Props total: 2113 2113
 R4P said:
I cant believe you would even quote that thinking it would prove a point....his opinion is his opinion, just like yours is your own. The only difference is he not talking down or disrespecting non-believers like ya'll disrespecting us

theres obviously more but do I really need to further prove my point?

you know you sound real bitter and I dont know why? Just like how you claim some were brought up Christian there are plenty more who were brought up with no religion and converted for themselves.
Theres no since in arguing with you..you said find a post where somebody said we where going to hell and I found one.OF course its his opinion....just like everybody elses opinion on what happens when you die.But we dont say "if you dont believe in what we believe in then this or that will happen to you" live your life how you want to and stop trying to convert other people....we have the right to comment on religious stories also and if we think its nonsense then why not say it?Im not saying your wrong about it....who knows you might be right....but we wont find out till we die.Your right some families are non religious and bring there kids up that way....but very few.Most atheists come from a family with some sort of religious background.In my case Im an Atheist and my wife is a Christian....we are going to let our kid decide what he wants to believe in on his own when hes old enough.Im not bitter about anything....trust me I have been through enough of these arguments to know you cant win against a religious person because they always have FAITH to fall back on and thats a state of mind.You cant prove or disprove it.
 10 years ago '04        #44
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 R4P said:
in real life not everyone whose Christian is like that. For example, me personally if you're interested in hearing about it, I'll be glad to tell you from my experiences why im Christian....but im not one of those people that will go up to a random person and tell them they are going to hell.

you're generalizing too much.
I know not every Christian is like that...but in my experiences I have dealt with enough of them.And Im not just talking about Christians other religions too...I might have a Christian approach me one day...then some Mormons ride up on their bikes the next....then I get a Jehovas Witness flyer on my car...then I turn on the tv and see a guy telling me to call a prayer hotline.....trust me for somebody that doesnt believe in that stuff ...it gets overwhelming.
 04-10-2008, 01:23 PM         #45
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CDB said:
Props for the article.

It makes me wonder; humans have been around for approximately 2 million years. 1 million if you're very conservative with your estimates.
Why then would this God reveal himself only several thousand years ago? Should he not have revealed himself earlier?

And supposedly he cares for all people, while those who follow him murder in his name, whether his name is Jehova, or Allah. They are really the exact same.

Another thing is that supposedly the non-believers will go to hell. What about the people of other religions, like Bhudism, or even the peoples who worship their ancestors like some asian cultures. Are they bad people because they have not been converted? do they deserve hell?

Lastly, why do people discount the ancient gods, like the gods of olympus, as false? no-one knows whether they actually exist or not; for all we know, if there is a god or gods, maybe they are truly the olympians, or the norse gods, or Buddha or Krishna. Christians discount these gods as fantasies.

Or maybe there are none at all, and all the stories that they are based upon are just anecdotes for living a better life while attempting to explain our origins.

#1 The age of this earth and this universe is not known and will never be known.

#2 The Scriptures mention there will be false prophets. I'll say no more on that. But there are people who don't k!ll in the name of religion.

#3 Hell doesn't exist, it is a lie created by the church.

#4 Surely if someone doesn't know, then they shouldn't be judged for not knowing.

#5 The thing with the Bible is that Jesus Christ has already saved you from your sins and on that alone and love for Jesus Christ will alone be enough, either that or merit and surely just being a good human being is surely enough, but I guess that is not any humans call to make.

#6 Doesn't the Bible already state that there were people who worshipped idols, you know like Golden Bulls and what not. Therefore that is the reason, but with just a GOD it is easier.

In the ancient Greek and Roman mythology did they not have gods of fertility, god of war, and weirdness along the lines of that, making sacrifices to all of them, I can honestly say I don't believe people really did worship that and it was just stories and mythology.

Or maybe there are none at all, and all the stories that they are based upon are just anecdotes for living a better life while attempting to explain our origins.
Could be.
 10 years ago '04        #46
jillas31 
space
space
space
$1,582 | Props total: 25 25
my question is why hate the bible so much at least it gives ppl hope and that lil hope is what keeps billions alive!!
And k!lls Million and Millions in the process...double edged sword I guess.
 04-10-2008, 02:42 PM         #47
Kaos67 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And k!lls Million and Millions in the process...double edged sword I guess.
how does it k!ll millions in the process?
 10 years ago '07        #48
NuffGanja 117 heat pts117
space
space
$35,711 | Props total: 14906 14906
i think its crazy how ppl still live by this old a.ss book. all ppl really need to be able to live their fullest is a realistic sense of appreciation for life.

[edit]
i think everyone is so absorbed by religion and that they are often scared to allow their thoughts to stray in to the realm of realism and logic, in fear that their "savior" wont allow them in to the pearly gates of heaven in the after life if they don't believe what they were taught since birth. it is the norm to do as everyone else and some ppl wont even think twice after its become such an ordinary thing to pretend like everything will be ok if you pray hard enough to a character from a book.

Last edited by NuffGanja; 04-10-2008 at 03:02 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #49
Top Ramen 
space
space
$1,810 | Props total: 2 2
 persuazion said:
The BIble = Any other book with mythalogical tales.........I really dont see how people can be like "UFOs and monsters arent real, but this guy that walked on water and rose from the dead def is....nothing strange with that."
Those are eyewitness accounts written down and passed on through the Bible. To this day we still strongly rely on eyewitness accounts in different situations so why not accept those? The Old Testament however has stories that are more-less fabricated, kind of like examples to show interpretation of different meanings.

Weather you believe or not, the Bible is a great book to pick up and read, I mean people have Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings on the list but no one complains that they "don't believe or exist." A bit ignorant don't you think?

It's an article stating the most popular book in America is the Bible. It's not talking about what it contains or what it is preaching, but yet people still want to find a way to take a cheap shot and criticize the faith of those who do believe.

Find me a book that you think is better. Add to that, find me a book that is more influential or widespread than the Bible. I'm not trying to preach to everyone that the Bible is the best book ever, I'm just trying to see why people are so quick to shoot down the Bible as if they are offended that it is a popular book.
 10 years ago '04        #50
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 Top Ramen said:
Those are eyewitness accounts written down and passed on through the Bible. To this day we still strongly rely on eyewitness accounts in different situations so why not accept those? The Old Testament however has stories that are more-less fabricated, kind of like examples to show interpretation of different meanings.

Weather you believe or not, the Bible is a great book to pick up and read, I mean people have Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings on the list but no one complains that they "don't believe or exist." A bit ignorant don't you think?

It's an article stating the most popular book in America is the Bible. It's not talking about what it contains or what it is preaching, but yet people still want to find a way to take a cheap shot and criticize the faith of those who do believe.

Find me a book that you think is better. Add to that, find me a book that is more influential or widespread than the Bible. I'm not trying to preach to everyone that the Bible is the best book ever, I'm just trying to see why people are so quick to shoot down the Bible as if they are offended that it is a popular book.
WHo says these eyewitneses are real?Is anybody living today related to any of them? Dident God tell them how to write the bible and what to put in it? Its funny you talk about Harry Potter and Lord Of the Rings becuase I hold the bible in the same category as those.All make believe.Except people arent living their life by Lord of the RIngs or Harry Potter.IF you really look at the bible its just a book on life lessons with stories that can be related to any situation throughout time...a manual that they created to have a society fearful of their wrong actions.Its simple.....do what it says and go to a place called heaven and be in paradise forever....go against it and burn for eternity.But look at the rules.....dont steal...dont lie...do not covet thy neighbors wife...all things that should be common sense and that contribute to a good society....you think a supernatural enitity called God doesnt want you to sleep with your neighbors wife or your neighbors husband doesnt want you to sleep with his wife...they dident want anarchy and people got tired of not knowing where it all started so they came up with God and the bible as something to turn to for answers..and laws to keep the society in check..weak minded people need reassurance that everything is going to be ok...even if its false reassurance.People would rather live a comfortable lie then to admit that they have no idea where we come from or whats going to happen when we die.I have a problem with it being the most popular book becuase people teach it as fact.

Last edited by persuazion; 04-10-2008 at 04:55 PM..
 04-10-2008, 05:35 PM         #51
mgojcaj01 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Amen my brothers and sisters!
 04-10-2008, 06:12 PM         #52
durdysoufpleya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
isnt it the worlds favourite book?
or has the koran surpassed it?
 10 years ago '04        #53
Top Ramen 
space
space
 persuazion said:
WHo says these eyewitneses are real?Is anybody living today related to any of them? Dident God tell them how to write the bible and what to put in it? Its funny you talk about Harry Potter and Lord Of the Rings becuase I hold the bible in the same category as those.All make believe.Except people arent living their life by Lord of the RIngs or Harry Potter.IF you really look at the bible its just a book on life lessons with stories that can be related to any situation throughout time...a manual that they created to have a society fearful of their wrong actions.Its simple.....do what it says and go to a place called heaven and be in paradise forever....go against it and burn for eternity.But look at the rules.....dont steal...dont lie...do not covet thy neighbors wife...all things that should be common sense and that contribute to a good society....you think a supernatural enitity called God doesnt want you to sleep with your neighbors wife or your neighbors husband doesnt want you to sleep with his wife...they dident want anarchy and people got tired of not knowing where it all started so they came up with God and the bible as something to turn to for answers..and laws to keep the society in check..weak minded people need reassurance that everything is going to be ok...even if its false reassurance.People would rather live a comfortable lie then to admit that they have no idea where we come from or whats going to happen when we die.I have a problem with it being the most popular book becuase people teach it as fact.
Your free to believe whatever you like.

The stories of Jesus have been and will always be accepted by millions of people as facts. I mean, you must be some genius to get billions of people to believe in this guy Jesus for 2000 years. I am sure Jesus and his stories were not made up and accepted by billions of "weak-minded" people. Scientific evidence and historical artifacts support and proves the Life of Jesus. As for the miracles, they can not be explained, hence the name "miracles."

But still, why the Bible? Why not your history book? Did you or anyone you know physically see the Revolutionary War, or was it just eyewitness accounts written down and recorded much like the stories of Jesus were. Are you mad that your history books teach facts that have not been seen or heard by anyone living today? Maybe it's just the idea of religion that makes people so uneasy and quick to criticize.

That's my only point. I'm not telling you you are wrong for not believing in Jesus or the Bible, I'm trying to figure out why the Bible gets bashed so badly for being a popular book. So what, it's popular, the stories are great and the lessons are better. It is all a personal preference.
 10 years ago '04        #54
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 23 23
 Top Ramen said:

The stories of Jesus have been and will always be accepted by millions of people as facts. I mean, you must be some genius to get billions of people to believe in this guy Jesus for 2000 years. I am sure Jesus and his stories were not made up and accepted by billions of "weak-minded" people. Scientific evidence and historical artifacts support and proves the Life of Jesus. As for the miracles, they can not be explained, hence the name "miracles."

I stopped reading after this...

10 years ago '04        #55
Top Ramen 
space
space
 ---Max-Payne--- said:
I stopped reading after this...

I don't see what's so funny about it. You contributed nothing to the topic. I don't know if you were trying to offend me or what. If you don't like my views I hold no grudge, you can believe whatever you want.
 10 years ago '07        #56
JordanWest86 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,840 | Props total: 2105 2105
[QUOTE=persuazion;11749756]Faith is always the answer huh?:rolleyes: If things just cant pop out of thin air then how did the entity "God" come to be? IF he exists then something had to make him too....I think people are ignorant when they act like evolution is impossible....they dont believe we came from apes but have you ever seen what a caveman looks like? They look like apes. So were Adam and Eve cavemen?Did adam and eves chidren {brothers and sisters} have s3x and populate the earth?WHy is incest ok but s3x with your neighbors wife an eternal sin? Was God a redneck?

According to the Bible, God is the beginning and the end so the answer to your ? is No, no one had to create God. Just b/c it doesnt say in the Bible God created others to reproduce with Adam and Eve's children doesnt mean that they slept with each other to keep things going. I'm sure the Bible doesn't say EVERYTHING that happened in thousands of years time. No offense but you need to kinda think outside the box. I'm not going to argue about the other things b/c you obviously get upset when people talk about God.
Hey, if u got hate in your heart let it out. -chappelles show
 10 years ago '04        #57
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 Top Ramen said:

But still, why the Bible? Why not your history book? Did you or anyone you know physically see the Revolutionary War, or was it just eyewitness accounts written down and recorded much like the stories of Jesus were. Are you mad that your history books teach facts that have not been seen or heard by anyone living today? Maybe it's just the idea of religion that makes people so uneasy and quick to criticize.
That's my only point. I'm not telling you you are wrong for not believing in Jesus or the Bible, I'm trying to figure out why the Bible gets bashed so badly for being a popular book. So what, it's popular, the stories are great and the lessons are better. It is all a personal preference.
where is the proof?..if there was proof and evidence then there would be no debate.Did a mythical being come down and tell people to write books about the revolutionary war? The face of Jesus is not even dipected right...science shows he would have looked nothing like the long slender face everybody worships......and do you know how easy it would have been to fool people back in those days?? There are many tales that started off as urban legends and are now known as facts.Where is all the magic that happend back in the bible days?It must have been real easy to believe with people walking on water and oceans being split in half.How come nothing like that happens now?IF the bible were taken for what it is....a book with intresting stories about morals then that would be fine....but it shouldnt be considered a history book.....do any other history books have talking animals and people rising from the dead?
 10 years ago '04        #58
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 23 23
 Top Ramen said:
I don't see what's so funny about it. You contributed nothing to the topic. I don't know if you were trying to offend me or what. If you don't like my views I hold no grudge, you can believe whatever you want.
You just posted a bunch of garbage and you tell me you don't see what's funny about it? You're sure his stories were not made up? Go find one shred of real evidence to support that they're not, as you wrote there's scientific and historical evidence to support the life of Jesus There's absolutely no proof of Jesus and his so called miracles.

Last edited by ---Max-Payne---; 04-10-2008 at 07:16 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #59
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
[QUOTE=JordanWest86;11754991]
 persuazion said:
Faith is always the answer huh?:rolleyes: If things just cant pop out of thin air then how did the entity "God" come to be? IF he exists then something had to make him too....I think people are ignorant when they act like evolution is impossible....they dont believe we came from apes but have you ever seen what a caveman looks like? They look like apes. So were Adam and Eve cavemen?Did adam and eves chidren {brothers and sisters} have s3x and populate the earth?WHy is incest ok but s3x with your neighbors wife an eternal sin? Was God a redneck?

According to the Bible, God is the beginning and the end so the answer to your ? is No, no one had to create God. Just b/c it doesnt say in the Bible God created others to reproduce with Adam and Eve's children doesnt mean that they slept with each other to keep things going. I'm sure the Bible doesn't say EVERYTHING that happened in thousands of years time. No offense but you need to kinda think outside the box. I'm not going to argue about the other things b/c you obviously get upset when people talk about God.
Hey, if u got hate in your heart let it out. -chappelles show
LOL I dont get upset....we are having a civalized discussion.Im cool with whatever yalls opinions are.BUt thats kind of a big thing to skip if God created another human being out of thin air outside of Adam and Eves family.I mean just the way it talks about how people are diff races and speak diff languages just sound like they just trying to come up with anything for an answer.I do think outside the box thats why I question it at all.
 10 years ago '06        #60
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
As Thoreau would say, America's bible is the newspaper.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
147 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
95 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
297 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
45 comments
2 days ago