Apr 9 - The Bible is America's favorite book

most viewed right now
 52
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 49
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
177 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 48
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 39
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #21
mainevent4u88 101 heat pts101
space
avatar space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 4717 4717
 JordanWest86 said:
They believe it b/c they have faith. I just think ppl are ignorant when they can think that something as complex as the human body and the Earth that they live on and reproduction just happened. "Yea there was probably a big coming together of particles and miraculously all of this came to be." I guess that explains everything.........but anywayz there will alwayz be doubters....hmmmm i think that it did say something about that in the BIBLE.
no, actually they believe it because they've been subjected to indoctrination since they were fu*king INFANTS. I'm not saying the Big Bang Theory is correct, but it's a better explanation than some cosmic being that always existed just creating it in 7 days because he got bored. Just THINK about it. I promise you won't to hell or have the boogie man some out and get you.

On a scale of UNBIASED believability:

Big Bang Theory : 15% + 4% based on scientific reason. 19%
Gigantic Man in the Sky: 14% -4% based on ignorant middle easterners opinions. 10%

19%>10%

however....

it's still not very believable.
 10 years ago '06        #22
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$4,215 | Props total: 0 0
If you go to Heaven, do you go as as the same form as when you died? Or do you get to choose.

What I mean by that is, if there is a heaven, I dont wanna spend it lookin' all old if I die of old age.

I'd rather get k!lled now, and go to heaven lookin' how I am.
 10 years ago '05        #23
bobbysteels18 663 heat pts663
space
space
space
$7,601 | Props total: 2501 2501
For those who dont see him but still believe are those that are blessed.
 04-09-2008, 05:02 PM         #24
PetedaSmete 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my favorite book is Lord of the Flies .

but whether you like it or not, the bible is the most influential book in world history, for good or for bad.
 04-09-2008, 05:18 PM         #25
CDB 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Props for the article.

It makes me wonder; humans have been around for approximately 2 million years. 1 million if you're very conservative with your estimates.
Why then would this God reveal himself only several thousand years ago? Should he not have revealed himself earlier?

And supposedly he cares for all people, while those who follow him murder in his name, whether his name is Jehova, or Allah. They are really the exact same.

Another thing is that supposedly the non-believers will go to hell. What about the people of other religions, like Bhudism, or even the peoples who worship their ancestors like some asian cultures. Are they bad people because they have not been converted? do they deserve hell?

Lastly, why do people discount the ancient gods, like the gods of olympus, as false? no-one knows whether they actually exist or not; for all we know, if there is a god or gods, maybe they are truly the olympians, or the norse gods, or Buddha or Krishna. Christians discount these gods as fantasies.

Or maybe there are none at all, and all the stories that they are based upon are just anecdotes for living a better life while attempting to explain our origins.
 10 years ago '06        #26
servesurite 42 heat pts42 OP
space
avatar space
space
$9,311 | Props total: 1079 1079
 CDB said:
Props for the article.

It makes me wonder; humans have been around for approximately 2 million years. 1 million if you're very conservative with your estimates.
Why then would this God reveal himself only several thousand years ago? Should he not have revealed himself earlier?

And supposedly he cares for all people, while those who follow him murder in his name, whether his name is Jehova, or Allah. They are really the exact same.

Another thing is that supposedly the non-believers will go to hell. What about the people of other religions, like Bhudism, or even the peoples who worship their ancestors like some asian cultures. Are they bad people because they have not been converted? do they deserve hell?

Lastly, why do people discount the ancient gods, like the gods of olympus, as false? no-one knows whether they actually exist or not; for all we know, if there is a god or gods, maybe they are truly the olympians, or the norse gods, or Buddha or Krishna. Christians discount these gods as fantasies.

Or maybe there are none at all, and all the stories that they are based upon are just anecdotes for living a better life while attempting to explain our origins.
true, all these christians thinking all holy and sh*t like they've never heard of the crusade and what the fu*k they did to convert people and NOW HAVE THE fu*kING NERVE to call muslims evil, fukk outta here u hypocritical a**holes
 10 years ago '05        #27
R4P 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$7,010 | Props total: 226 226
Its funny how atheists act like victims and have the nerve to get most offended about religion.

the same people in this thread is the same people who were going apesh*t over I Am Legend talking about "it tried to convert me to Christianity!! ITS NOT FAIR!!!"
 10 years ago '05        #28
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
avatar space
space
$45,924 | Props total: 10786 10786
I been knew that. The bible is the greatest book in the world.
 10 years ago '04        #29
mr_underground|m 1964 heat pts1964
space
avatar space
space
$22,737 | Props total: 28385 28385
bad news for america then.....
 10 years ago '06        #30
loudobbs 
space
avatar space
space
$454 | Props total: 8 8
 nate200303 said:
of course its america's favorite. its the only book written by Jehovah god himself
If there talking about the King James version then you are wrong.
 10 years ago '04        #31
moneytime 
space
avatar space
space
$156 | Props total: 28 28
The Holy Scriptures are absolutely vital in these last days and times. This is the only book inspired by the one, true, and living God. However many seem to take adherence to speaking and not living the Scriptures in this country. It is important that this country repent and turn back to the Word soley. Believers must bear the fruit of the faith and zealously "study, practice, and teach". This country is so shrouded in darkness and unbelief that it is not a wonder that judgement is rapidly unfolding as prophesied. **Read Revelations 18**, oh and to answer the question about death, you are more alive in your spirit body than the physical. Your form will be that of your youth. Yes, there is a Hell, and it was meant for the devil, unfortunately many turn from God and follow after the ways of darkness/delusion and choose the wrath of God rather than paradise in Heaven. What use is it to be ever-learning and never come in knowledge of the Truth? As prophesied by Isaiah, the last days will be a time of great expansion in knowledge! In the book of Matthew, Jesus stated that when he returns it will be like the times of Noah. Many will be caught unawares and it will be too late! He came first as the lamb, but he will return as righteous judge.


Last edited by moneytime; 04-09-2008 at 09:45 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #32
Grave 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
 tha_ape said:
Funny how the bible means nothing in Japan. A society just as advanced as ours, yet surprisingly less crime. Perhaps people should worry more about what the bible preaches, than preaching the bible.
You mean the country #1 in child pr0n?
 10 years ago '04        #33
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
 JordanWest86 said:
They believe it b/c they have faith. I just think ppl are ignorant when they can think that something as complex as the human body and the Earth that they live on and reproduction just happened. "Yea there was probably a big coming together of particles and miraculously all of this came to be." I guess that explains everything.........but anywayz there will alwayz be doubters....hmmmm i think that it did say something about that in the BIBLE.
Faith is always the answer huh?:rolleyes: If things just cant pop out of thin air then how did the entity "God" come to be? IF he exists then something had to make him too....I think people are ignorant when they act like evolution is impossible....they dont believe we came from apes but have you ever seen what a caveman looks like? They look like apes. So were Adam and Eve cavemen?Did adam and eves chidren {brothers and sisters} have s3x and populate the earth?WHy is incest ok but s3x with your neighbors wife an eternal sin? Was God a redneck? Whats more crazy to believe that everything just came to be and we will most likely never truly know our orgins or that an entity named God made a man then took his rib out and made a woman and she ate a apple that a talking snake gave her and thus creating evil???Then he flooded the earth and stuffed 2 of EVERY animal on a boat.And countless other fairytales....the bible was written by men...men lie and exagerate.Especially 40 men writing about the same event....and it being converted and changed around so many times....you go ahead and give 10 percent of your check to god...and fall for the scare tactic called Hell..and live your life by a book that you prolly never even read all the way through....I just go by the golden rule and so far so good....


Last edited by persuazion; 04-09-2008 at 10:23 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #34
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
 R4P said:
Its funny how atheists act like victims and have the nerve to get most offended about religion.

the same people in this thread is the same people who were going apesh*t over I Am Legend talking about "it tried to convert me to Christianity!! ITS NOT FAIR!!!"
How do we get the most offended?Have you ever see what happens when you tell someone you dont believe in God? They have a fu*king fit and say" Oh you going to HELL" "your a devil worshiper" and all this other bullsh*t.Like it truly excites them to talk about the end of the world and all the pain and suffering that is coming....I dont get offended when people tell me they believe in God.BUt i do when somebody acts like they truly know that im going to a place called hell and going to burn forever and ever while little demons poke me with a pitchfork....just becuase I have a different belief then them.Let me get this straight...a child molester/killer can go to heaven if he repents for his sins and accepts Jesus as his lord and savior.....and meanwhile a person like me who has never done anything near those crimes goes to a place called hell and be in pain for eternity......hmmmmmm.I would rather not be involved in that sort of thinking.Seems like God is one vindictive dude.
 04-09-2008, 10:44 PM         #35
KCK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow!!! is all i have to say! all of the people in here believe in what they want and f!ght to the death for it !! rather its who is the greatest rapper alive or the best clothes to wear, or who deserves the mvp between kobe and cp3! my question is why hate the bible so much at least it gives ppl hope and that lil hope is what keeps billions alive!! rather it's in allah , jesus, or buhda or whoever!!! 3 stacks said"sin all depends on what u believing in, faith is what u make that the hardest sh*t since mc ren" i guess what im tryn to say out of all the problems thats going on in the world y hate something that has a positive meaning thats whats wrong wit ppl today!!! and i am a christian but there is no reason to get in y i believe because my job is not to convince u that u r wrong my job is to be that shinning example of how to live and then its ur choice after that!
 10 years ago '04        #36
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
 KCK said:
wow!!! is all i have to say! all of the people in here believe in what they want and f!ght to the death for it !! rather its who is the greatest rapper alive or the best clothes to wear, or who deserves the mvp between kobe and cp3! my question is why hate the bible so much at least it gives ppl hope and that lil hope is what keeps billions alive!! rather it's in allah , jesus, or buhda or whoever!!! 3 stacks said"sin all depends on what u believing in, faith is what u make that the hardest sh*t since mc ren" i guess what im tryn to say out of all the problems thats going on in the world y hate something that has a positive meaning thats whats wrong wit ppl today!!! and i am a christian but there is no reason to get in y i believe because my job is not to convince u that u r wrong my job is to be that shinning example of how to live and then its ur choice after that!
We dont hate the bible.We just dont believe in it.I respect what you said cuz you not trying to force that on anyone else.If believing in the Bible makes you a better person and it makes you live a happier life then by all means believe in it.But some people such as I live happy and gratifying lives without the need of it.People have some strange belief that just cuz you dont believe in god then that means your mad at the world and everybody in it and that you live some horrible unhappy life..I dont see anybody going up to people and asking if they belive in god and why and try to make them think otherwise..but I cant count the number of times Ive seen some crazy person come up and start preaching to me or somebody else about the bible and the end of the world....my motto is that "there are too many religions in the world for only one to be right....but they can all be wrong"
 10 years ago '04        #37
moneytime 
space
avatar space
space
$156 | Props total: 28 28
I believe the biggest underlieing root of any backlash against the bible as with anything in life is lack of revelation or understanding. To those who dig deeper beyond the surface and scholarly/religous interpretation they will see the truth come together in perfect harmony. To a.ssume it to be a meshing of fantasy is certainly misguided. This is not the common dumbed down tabloid most people are apt to take to discourse. This is the most definitive book of all time. You must be "born again" to get the deeper meaning beyond the surface of transliterations. For example in Genesis 2:9,"The tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil", this is a phrase interposed to hide a truth. To think that this is a literal tree is telling of the time dedicated in your study! The immaculate language and wisdom hidden in these scriptures are beyond what this world can comprehend. A man is blinded to the wisdom contained without revelation! That is the challenge especially if you consider yourself a believer. Have you shown yourself to be APPROVED unto God......not man. Only he can give revelation however you must be sincere and humble in your search. If you seek you will find.... these are not just random statements throughout the Holy Scriptures, these are deeper truths for those willing to really commit themselves and uncover deeper roots! How can one be a believer and not be passionate if they have committed themselves to the Almighty God? His Word is surely reserved for babes and not those thinking themselves righteous in their own minds.
 10 years ago '05        #38
R4P 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$7,010 | Props total: 226 226
 persuazion said:
How do we get the most offended?Have you ever see what happens when you tell someone you dont believe in God? They have a fu*king fit and say" Oh you going to HELL" "your a devil worshiper" and all this other bullsh*t.Like it truly excites them to talk about the end of the world and all the pain and suffering that is coming....
look at this thread, find me one post where a Christian is saying "you're all going to hell"

on the flipside, I can find you 10+ that are saying "oh the bible is stupid/religion is bullsh*t/etc"

And even if you dont wanna bring this thread into it, every thread on here (Boxden that is) has more atheists being disrespectful then Christians. I call it like I see it...


Last edited by R4P; 04-10-2008 at 09:37 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #39
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
 R4P said:
look at this thread, find me one post where a Christian is saying "you're all going to hell"

on the flipside, I can find you 10+ that are saying "oh the bible is stupid/religion is bullsh*t/etc"

And even if you dont wanna bring this thread into it, every thread on here (Boxden that is) has more atheists being disrespectful then Christians. I call it like I see it...
Im talking bout in real life but as far as this thread goes... "all of ya'll don't kno wat ur talking about.... we all will be judged at the crossroads...wether u believe wat the bible says or not.... u either going to heaven or hell and its not up to u to decide where u go..." Im tired of people acting like they know where other people are going after we die....NOBODY knows!.....how are we being disrespectful by not believing in what you believe in? As far as Bx goes then yes there are alot of Atheists on this site thats because theres alot of young people on here and more and more people are thinking for themselves and questioning what they were fed since little kids and deciding if they really do believe in that or if they are just going with the flow and dont want to be the outkast by having doubt.....
 10 years ago '05        #40
R4P 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$7,010 | Props total: 226 226
 persuazion said:
"all of ya'll don't kno wat ur talking about.... we all will be judged at the crossroads...wether u believe wat the bible says or not.... u either going to heaven or hell and its not up to u to decide where u go..."
I cant believe you would even quote that thinking it would prove a point....his opinion is his opinion, just like yours is your own. The only difference is he not talking down or disrespecting non-believers like ya'll disrespecting us

 persuazion said:
how are we being disrespectful by not believing in what you believe in?
a book that is so full of sh*t, a book that is so s3xist, to bad these lemmings dont know its all made up
the mental degeneration progresses
it is a pretty good fairytale
theres obviously more but do I really need to further prove my point?


As far as Bx goes then yes there are alot of Atheists on this site thats because theres alot of young people on here and more and more people are thinking for themselves and questioning what they were fed since little kids and deciding if they really do believe in that or if they are just going with the flow and dont want to be the outkast by having doubt.....
you know you sound real bitter and I dont know why? Just like how you claim some were brought up Christian there are plenty more who were brought up with no religion and converted for themselves.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 14
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 7
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 7
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
23 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 7
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
94 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 6
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 4
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy