Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
195 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
68 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 04-17-2008, 05:15 PM         #241
PetedaSmete 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jataylorlfc said:
"i dont celebrate anything" then what the fu*k do u have in your life? what about when your team wins? do u sigh?

okie dokie fidly pokie:

ra, the sun or son of god, who later became horus:

*waits 4 na thats stupid ur an idiot* blah blah its all reinvention

and catholicism = mithraism
i hate to break it to you but what you posted has been debunked several times. this site breaks down all the claims of Jesus being a copycat of former deities:

10 years ago '04        #242
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
 PetedaSmete said:
i hate to break it to you but what you posted has been debunked several times. this site breaks down all the claims of Jesus being a copycat of former deities:

that site it bullsh*t....They reaching bad trying to say Jesus doesnt have the hero factor...first of all those 2 people they are talking about are real....there are pics of them...actual eyewitness....it is a certified fact they existed..so there goes the "By the logic of the critics, this list is absolute, undeniable proof that John F. Kennedy is a fictional character based on Abraham Lincoln" statement. The people we are talking about have no pics of them....no proof they ever existed....just 2 mythalogical stories that sound exactly the same.
 04-17-2008, 07:38 PM         #243
PetedaSmete 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
that site it bullsh*t....They reaching bad trying to say Jesus doesnt have the hero factor...first of all those 2 people they are talking about are real....there are pics of them...actual eyewitness....it is a certified fact they existed..so there goes the "By the logic of the critics, this list is absolute, undeniable proof that John F. Kennedy is a fictional character based on Abraham Lincoln" statement. The people we are talking about have no pics of them....no proof they ever existed....just 2 mythalogical stories that sound exactly the same.
i'm not arguing if jesus was real or not, i'm pointing out that the claim that the story of jesus is a copycat of older deity stories such as the story of horus and the story of mithra has been debunked many times.
 04-17-2008, 07:44 PM         #244
Christos© 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
Too bad you missed the point.

In the article he said,

[S]So why are people who are so skeptical of the claims made by Christianity so gullable as to believe these supposed comparisons with pre-Christian religious figures without asking for evidence? There's a definite lack of critical thinking on their part when it comes to these lists. There are many who seem to want to believe that Christianity is a copycat religion and thus accept any evidence that they feel backs up their beliefs whether that evidence is truthful or not.[/S]

The fact you didn't get the Lincoln/Kennedy comparison is scary. The fact that there might be a list of untrue claims you don't question speaks that you don't care about truth or error you just care that Christianity is done away with.

The quote i posted is right. You lose your critical thinking when someone makes a claim about Christianity. Why? Because you want it to be correct, you don't care if it's true or false you just want Christianity gone so you believe whatever you're told.
 10 years ago '07        #245
TheIncomparable 
space
space
$2,595 | Props total: 0 0
 jataylorlfc said:
whyd u prop me? :confused

im not a fu*king child minder, get ur mum 2 give u some attention.
why are you so mad man, and negative, and bitter. Is life really that bad?

You brits just make me
 10 years ago '04        #246
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 Christos© said:
Too bad you missed the point.

In the article he said,

[S]So why are people who are so skeptical of the claims made by Christianity so gullable as to believe these supposed comparisons with pre-Christian religious figures without asking for evidence? There's a definite lack of critical thinking on their part when it comes to these lists. There are many who seem to want to believe that Christianity is a copycat religion and thus accept any evidence that they feel backs up their beliefs whether that evidence is truthful or not.[/S]

The fact you didn't get the Lincoln/Kennedy comparison is scary. The fact that there might be a list of untrue claims you don't question speaks that you don't care about truth or error you just care that Christianity is done away with.

The quote i posted is right. You lose your critical thinking when someone makes a claim about Christianity. Why? Because you want it to be correct, you don't care if it's true or false you just want Christianity gone so you believe whatever you're told.
I dont care about Lincoln and Kennedy.THey are trying to compare something that has no relevance to the topic.Their comparing apples to oranges.Yes other people do have things in common,and you can find strange similarites in them.But is their existence being questioned?ANd does their story sound identical to another story that came before it that is dismissed as folklore?If I was to believe whatever I was told then that would make me religious.
 10 years ago '04        #247
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
on a side note.....this is going to be the longest thread in Bx Daliy Bugle history.
 10 years ago '07        #248
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,338 | Props total: 380 380
i kinda grew away from being religious due to many inconsistencies in the bible. for instances, i never understood how an all loving god would k!ll all the egyptian first born baby's as one of the tenth plagues. first off to k!ll (breaking one of his own commandments) and second k!lling innocent baby's that had nothin to with the israelites being slaves. and how come he k!lls off moses before reaching the promise land because he doubted him. can someone explain this to me.

i dont look at the bible as historical events rather a guideline on how you should live you life. although i dont think it should take a book to tell you that you should genuinely just be a good person, but if thats what it takes to makes humans better as a whole than so be it. though it does seem that it has caused as much bad as it has good.

also another thing its really irritating that alot of religion tend to just blow off evolution or the big bang theory and science like its a joke. like there's no way possible that we could have came from apes or a single atom with infinite density. i think people tend to forget how in the early ages it was very easy to manipulate people into believing in a god or higher powers because they didnt have an understanding on the physical mechanics of how the world works. therefore anytime something happens that can't be explained they just a.ssociate it with a higher being. which is still the case today where sometimes, what people cant explain they will say it was the work of god but in actuality is not the case and could possibly proven by science. just think how many myths/theories science has given a logical explanation. therefore not being able to explain the cause of something is not proof that there is a god. i see this logic being all the time and its non sense.
 04-18-2008, 01:45 AM         #249
rasheed √2.0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
any thread about christianity or muslims = 5+ pages of crying and arguing.
 04-18-2008, 05:13 AM         #250
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
neanderthals? exactly.
 10 years ago '04        #251
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 young moolah said:
i kinda grew away from being religious due to many inconsistencies in the bible. for instances, i never understood how an all loving god would k!ll all the egyptian first born baby's as one of the tenth plagues. first off to k!ll (breaking one of his own commandments) and second k!lling innocent baby's that had nothin to with the israelites being slaves. and how come he k!lls off moses before reaching the promise land because he doubted him. can someone explain this to me.

i dont look at the bible as historical events rather a guideline on how you should live you life. although i dont think it should take a book to tell you that you should genuinely just be a good person, but if thats what it takes to makes humans better as a whole than so be it. though it does seem that it has caused as much bad as it has good.

also another thing its really irritating that alot of religion tend to just blow off evolution or the big bang theory and science like its a joke. like there's no way possible that we could have came from apes or a single atom with infinite density. i think people tend to forget how in the early ages it was very easy to manipulate people into believing in a god or higher powers because they didnt have an understanding on the physical mechanics of how the world works. therefore anytime something happens that can't be explained they just a.ssociate it with a higher being. which is still the case today where sometimes, what people cant explain they will say it was the work of god but in actuality is not the case and could possibly proven by science. just think how many myths/theories science has given a logical explanation. therefore not being able to explain the cause of something is not proof that there is a god. i see this logic being all the time and its non sense.
yeah I asked a girl who is very religious about how God was so cruel and just straight wiping everybody out for little things like working on sunday and she said and she just blew it off like it dident matter with "Oh thats the old testament....God is diff in the new testament after Jesus died for our sins".....so now GOd was some cold a.ss dude in the beginning but then lighted up a lil bit after the miracle baby was born?
 04-18-2008, 07:53 AM         #252
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hes the merciful/vengeful god
 04-18-2008, 08:19 AM         #253
Sonny 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Exodus X13 said:
Seriously, I would post the stuff on the parallels between the Mithras and Jesus but *yawns* it's boring and a lie.
Very strange understanding of history.... This is like believing that when the wheel was invented, other people or cultures didn't copy the way to do it, they just made it totally up on their own a couple of years later..

Christianity is based on:
Mithranism.
Judaism.
Plato's idea teachings
Archaic myths.
etc.

this does in no way compromise the message of Jesus Christ, it just goes to show that 1) his life is put into a mythical storytelling tradition so as to reach more people (in that time) 2) that the ''truth'' and the ''message'' is something that has been formed, shaped by different people , prophets etc. until Jesus did it the best...

Anyone saying that Christianity isn't building on other earlier religions and doctrines is really saying he doesn't believe in history.
 04-18-2008, 08:38 AM         #254
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^exactly, it seems like i said they feel like im attacking them, when in fact id just like 2 hear their opinions on challenging matters.

and @ britain not having a role at this time, when the roman invasion took place before the writing of the gospels, and prior 2 this the south of britain was an important trading post as britain was full of tin, hence many ancient cultures referring 2 it as the tin isles.
 10 years ago '07        #255
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,338 | Props total: 380 380
to those who believe in the bible, im curious as to know where u stand on dinosaurs and how that coincides with the timeline of the bible. because it is a known fact that millions of years ago dinosaurs roamed the earth however there is no mention of it in the bible. it says god created the world and then adam and eve. personally i believe that during the time when the bible was wrote people had no idea about dinosaurs and truly believed that life begun with humans but had they known what we know now then it most likely would have been incorporated into the book to make chronological sense.
 04-18-2008, 11:57 AM         #256
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
same reason i mentioned neanderthals, THEY HAD RELIGIOUS BURIALS AND BELIEFS and there not even the same species as us, how is this explained through the bible?
 04-18-2008, 01:17 PM         #257
Christos© 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thanks for ignoring my post where i had an atheist shut you down about this Jesus came from other religions bit. You got no sources for these claims, making a list isn't a source. Where is Horus 3:16?
 10 years ago '07        #258
eeee87 
space
space
$1,158 | Props total: 47 47
 young moolah said:
to those who believe in the bible, im curious as to know where u stand on dinosaurs and how that coincides with the timeline of the bible. because it is a known fact that millions of years ago dinosaurs roamed the earth however there is no mention of it in the bible. it says god created the world and then adam and eve. personally i believe that during the time when the bible was wrote people had no idea about dinosaurs and truly believed that life begun with humans but had they known what we know now then it most likely would have been incorporated into the book to make chronological sense.

quoting this to make sure everybody sees it. :applause:
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
41 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
216 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
144 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
137 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
54 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy