Apr 9 - The Bible is America's favorite book

most viewed right now
 132
vida guerra
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 121
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 100
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 81
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
92 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #201
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,217 | Props total: 2115 2115
 Exodus X13 said:
You sure are separating yourself from religion, coming in these religious threads to mock religious people every chance you get.


:rolleyes:






Excuse me?
Im sorry If im coming off as mocking or bashing....but thats not my intentions.I am just trying to understand your point of views.Yes as far as practicing any religions I seperate myself but as far as discussing them or debating them,I have no problem with that since they seem to be such a huge part of our world.I mean "in god we trust" is on the money I use everyday....our president will always have a religious belief....theres no way America would ever vote in a atheist no matter how good of job he would do.As long as it plays such a huge role in our society then I have no choice but to discuss it from time to time.But I dont go on any Christian website and start up any arguments or anything like that.I dont try and convince people I know to think how I think.I mostly keep quiet about how I feel unless somebody asks me then I tell them and even then alot of people get offended for some reason.
 04-15-2008, 03:42 PM         #202
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
never read it
 04-15-2008, 04:05 PM         #203
PetedaSmete 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
every "educated" person should have decent knowledge of the bible, whether you're religious or not.
 10 years ago '06        #204
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$6,218 | Props total: 758 758
 persuazion said:
Im sorry If im coming off as mocking or bashing....but thats not my intentions.I am just trying to understand your point of views.Yes as far as practicing any religions I seperate myself but as far as discussing them or debating them,I have no problem with that since they seem to be such a huge part of our world.I mean "in god we trust" is on the money I use everyday....our president will always have a religious belief....theres no way America would ever vote in a atheist no matter how good of job he would do.As long as it plays such a huge role in our society then I have no choice but to discuss it from time to time.But I dont go on any Christian website and start up any arguments or anything like that.I dont try and convince people I know to think how I think.I mostly keep quiet about how I feel unless somebody asks me then I tell them and even then alot of people get offended for some reason.
with that being said,you're an exception to the rule,but I have seen such attacks as those...where a Christian would post a question about contacting a lost one through "GOD" only to have a bunch of a**hole come in and mock the because of their belief in "GOD"
 10 years ago '06        #205
rblivewire327 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,154 | Props total: 214 214
I'm shocked at how many non-believers of the Bible are here ... we actually talked about it in church last Sunday ... ALL of the Bible must be true or NONE of it is true at all ... Since it is the foundation of the Christian faith and INSPIRED by God all the stories, concepts, etc. must be real... If there is one lie in the Bible, then we shouldnt believe any of it ... that is what I believe
 04-15-2008, 05:28 PM         #206
Christos© 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rblivewire327 said:
I'm shocked at how many non-believers of the Bible are here ... we actually talked about it in church last Sunday ... ALL of the Bible must be true or NONE of it is true at all ... Since it is the foundation of the Christian faith and INSPIRED by God all the stories, concepts, etc. must be real... If there is one lie in the Bible, then we shouldnt believe any of it ... that is what I believe
I agree. :applause:
 04-16-2008, 05:23 AM         #207
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rblivewire327 said:
I'm shocked at how many non-believers of the Bible are here ... we actually talked about it in church last Sunday ... ALL of the Bible must be true or NONE of it is true at all ... Since it is the foundation of the Christian faith and INSPIRED by God all the stories, concepts, etc. must be real... If there is one lie in the Bible, then we shouldnt believe any of it ... that is what I believe
u do know the bible is just a mish-mash of ancient storys, with the name changed 2 jesus right? before jesus the egyptians had ra.

oh and what about the 2 ommitted gospels? that talk about flying crafts and such?

what about the fact that jesus wasnt born on the 25th dec? and that paul changed this 2 coincide with british tribes beliefs? etc.

there are plenty of lies in the bible, remember, it was written by man.

a belief in god can help, religious beliefs dont.
 04-16-2008, 12:32 PM         #208
azn757 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall need to read revelations...then you will find out why that ish is going on in the middle east
 04-16-2008, 12:46 PM         #209
Christos© 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jataylorlfc said:
u do know the bible is just a mish-mash of ancient storys, with the name changed 2 jesus right? before jesus the egyptians had ra.

oh and what about the 2 ommitted gospels? that talk about flying crafts and such?

what about the fact that jesus wasnt born on the 25th dec? and that paul changed this 2 coincide with british tribes beliefs? etc.

there are plenty of lies in the bible, remember, it was written by man.

a belief in god can help, religious beliefs dont.
@ this zeitgeist watching mofo.

2 omitted gospels? WTF!

The Bible never said Jesus was born on December 25th moron. How did Paul change it when the Bible never mentions it.


Last edited by Christos©; 04-16-2008 at 12:47 PM..
 04-16-2008, 01:08 PM         #210
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Christos© said:
@ this zeitgeist watching mofo.

2 omitted gospels? WTF!

The Bible never said Jesus was born on December 25th moron. How did Paul change it when the Bible never mentions it.
yes the gospel of thomas for example, where jesus is shown in a more human light, and has more sayings from him without a simple narrative on his life.

this is common knowledge, not some conspiracy. again i know your religion better than yourself kid.

where did i say the bible stated an date of jesus' birth? i simply stated it as another christian inconsistency.

yes, keep typing >:Lol:'s if it makes u feel as if u have succeeded in this argument.
 04-16-2008, 01:24 PM         #211
Christos© 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jataylorlfc said:
yes the gospel of thomas for example, where jesus is shown in a more human light, and has more sayings from him without a simple narrative on his life.

this is common knowledge, not some conspiracy. again i know your religion better than yourself kid.

where did i say the bible stated an date of jesus' birth? i simply stated it as another christian inconsistency.

yes, keep typing >:Lol:'s if it makes u feel as if u have succeeded in this argument.
The gospel of Thomas was written in the 2nd century almost more than 100 years later than the first gospel Mark. I knew you were talking about these late writing that were NOT written during the lives of the eyewitnesses, you're talking about some sh*t coming hundreds of years afterwards.

It's hilarious cause you bozo's say the 4 gospels were written a generation after Jesus they could be lying or something then you posit some gospel written hundreds of years after the fact and get mad when nobody thinks something written that far out can give us anything about Jesus.

You said Paul changed it to December 25th when it is no where in his writings you just made it up.
 10 years ago '06        #212
rblivewire327 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,154 | Props total: 214 214
 jataylorlfc said:
u do know the bible is just a mish-mash of ancient storys, with the name changed 2 jesus right? before jesus the egyptians had ra.

oh and what about the 2 ommitted gospels? that talk about flying crafts and such?

what about the fact that jesus wasnt born on the 25th dec? and that paul changed this 2 coincide with british tribes beliefs? etc.

there are plenty of lies in the bible, remember, it was written by man.

a belief in god can help, religious beliefs dont.

There are no lies in the Bible ... it was written by man but inspired by God. Take the fact the the Dead Sea scrolls (old testament - oldest known form) was only found sometime in the 1940's. When these were compared to what we originally had (an old testament from about 100 years after Chrsit) they were alomst identical and certainly consistent. Please send me a link to these omitted gospels so I can read them also.
 10 years ago '06        #213
rblivewire327 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,154 | Props total: 214 214
 jataylorlfc said:
yes the gospel of thomas for example, where jesus is shown in a more human light, and has more sayings from him without a simple narrative on his life.

this is common knowledge, not some conspiracy. again i know your religion better than yourself kid.

where did i say the bible stated an date of jesus' birth? i simply stated it as another christian inconsistency.

yes, keep typing >:Lol:'s if it makes u feel as if u have succeeded in this argument.
I'm guessing u don't read the Bible, but took the time to read these 2 omitted gospels?
 04-16-2008, 07:27 PM         #214
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jataylorlfc said:
u do know the bible is just a mish-mash of ancient storys, with the name changed 2 jesus right? before jesus the egyptians had ra.

oh and what about the 2 ommitted gospels? that talk about flying crafts and such?

what about the fact that jesus wasnt born on the 25th dec? and that paul changed this 2 coincide with british tribes beliefs? etc.

there are plenty of lies in the bible, remember, it was written by man.

a belief in god can help, religious beliefs dont.

The Bible doesn't even state a date for the birth of Jesus, you always post things with no relevance to the subject at hand.

And lmao @ you saying Paul changed anything to coincide with British beliefs, Britain was not even relevant then.


Last edited by Exodus X13; 04-16-2008 at 07:34 PM..
 04-17-2008, 04:12 AM         #215
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Christos© said:
The gospel of Thomas was written in the 2nd century almost more than 100 years later than the first gospel Mark. I knew you were talking about these late writing that were NOT written during the lives of the eyewitnesses, you're talking about some sh*t coming hundreds of years afterwards.

It's hilarious cause you bozo's say the 4 gospels were written a generation after Jesus they could be lying or something then you posit some gospel written hundreds of years after the fact and get mad when nobody thinks something written that far out can give us anything about Jesus.

You said Paul changed it to December 25th when it is no where in his writings you just made it up.
no, u dont know that, no1 does 4 certain yet, many believe (scientists and experienced carbon daters not nutcases) have said it could precede the canonical gospels.

where did i cite the reasoning of written after jesus ' death = fake...ah i didnt did i?

no i didnt, its fact that the early church changed, or rather defined jesus' birth as the 25th dec to bring in romans/romano-britons and britons.

this is fact.
 04-17-2008, 04:18 AM         #216
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rblivewire327 said:
There are no lies in the Bible ... it was written by man but inspired by God. Take the fact the the Dead Sea scrolls (old testament - oldest known form) was only found sometime in the 1940's. When these were compared to what we originally had (an old testament from about 100 years after Chrsit) they were alomst identical and certainly consistent. Please send me a link to these omitted gospels so I can read them also.
BUT U DONT KNOW THIS, im arguing in facts, do the same.

and they storys within them are consistent with older myths and legends, e.g ra the egyptian sun god, replicates the jesus story almost exactly, and mithras the ancient roman cult etc.

a consistency of articles does not validate the bible as the word of god.

just search gospes of: thomas, peter,judas, secret gospel of mark.
 04-17-2008, 04:24 AM         #217
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Exodus X13 said:
The Bible doesn't even state a date for the birth of Jesus, you always post things with no relevance to the subject at hand.

And lmao @ you saying Paul changed anything to coincide with British beliefs, Britain was not even relevant then.
well before that most people celebrated his birth on new years day, its a fact it was changed by the early church 2 coincide with pagan beliefs.

but he did exactly that u tit, not only british beliefs but roman and romano british belifes, search MITHRAS

everyone have a look @ the cult of mithras and tell mer u dont see some interesting comparisons.

Ernest Renan summarized in his 1882 The Origins of Christianity by saying "if the growth of Christianity had been arrested by some mortal malady, the world would have been Mithraic.
the two religions were the biggest in the western world at the time, meaning christianity changed some things 2 entice more people.
 10 years ago '04        #218
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,217 | Props total: 2115 2115
 rblivewire327 said:
There are no lies in the Bible ... it was written by man but inspired by God. Take the fact the the Dead Sea scrolls (old testament - oldest known form) was only found sometime in the 1940's. When these were compared to what we originally had (an old testament from about 100 years after Chrsit) they were alomst identical and certainly consistent. Please send me a link to these omitted gospels so I can read them also.
again this is why we can never win an argument because of Faith....you say "There are no lies in the Bible ... it was written by man but inspired by God" How do you know they where inspired by God?Is that truly a definite fact that you know and have no doubt on? Because man wrote it down in a book and it says so? you ever seen a movie that says "inspired by a true story"....they change and add all kinds of things to make it more intresting for the viewer...
 10 years ago '04        #219
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,217 | Props total: 2115 2115
 Exodus X13 said:
The Bible doesn't even state a date for the birth of Jesus, you always post things with no relevance to the subject at hand.

And lmao @ you saying Paul changed anything to coincide with British beliefs, Britain was not even relevant then.
Just another example of how people can follow religion and not even know what really happened.....if I go out and ask 100 Christians why we celebrate Christmas..75 of them would say "that was the day Jesus was born".....I guess they needed a def day so they just chose Dec.25. Christmas songs stating "He is light, He is love, He is grace Born on Christmas day" can confuse people I suppose. And does anybody else find it odd that 2 of the worlds biggest mythical characters...Santa and the Easter Bunny are related to religious holidays?
 04-17-2008, 02:02 PM         #220
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jataylorlfc said:
BUT U DONT KNOW THIS, im arguing in facts, do the same.

and they storys within them are consistent with older myths and legends, e.g ra the egyptian sun god, replicates the jesus story almost exactly, and mithras the ancient roman cult etc.

a consistency of articles does not validate the bible as the word of god.

just search gospes of: thomas, peter,judas, secret gospel of mark.


You're posting lies again, did you just watch zeitgeist or something?




 jataylorlfc said:
no, u dont know that, no1 does 4 certain yet, many believe (scientists and experienced carbon daters not nutcases) have said it could precede the canonical gospels.

where did i cite the reasoning of written after jesus ' death = fake...ah i didnt did i?

no i didnt, its fact that the early church changed, or rather defined jesus' birth as the 25th dec to bring in romans/romano-britons and britons.

this is fact.

Yawns, I don't follow pagan holidays.




 persuazion said:
Just another example of how people can follow religion and not even know what really happened.....if I go out and ask 100 Christians why we celebrate Christmas..75 of them would say "that was the day Jesus was born".....I guess they needed a def day so they just chose Dec.25. Christmas songs stating "He is light, He is love, He is grace Born on Christmas day" can confuse people I suppose. And does anybody else find it odd that 2 of the worlds biggest mythical characters...Santa and the Easter Bunny are related to religious holidays?


Pagan holidays.




They are not the least bit religious.


Last edited by Exodus X13; 04-17-2008 at 02:04 PM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 58
Steph Kegels
124 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 48
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
93 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 27
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
53 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 19
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
173 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 16
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 13
On the Late Night vol. 17
21 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy