Apr 9 - The Bible is America's favorite book

most viewed right now
 115
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 35
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
0 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 33
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 29
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
56 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 04-14-2008, 01:51 PM         #181
Christos© 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
How come Christians believe the earth only 6000 years old?
Not all Christians believe that. The Hebrew word for day is yom. Yom can mean a long period of time, 24 hours, or 12 hours. Context determine meaning and i believe it teaches literal days and not a long period of time, but some Christians think the word day in Genesis 1 means a long period of time.
 04-15-2008, 12:29 PM         #182
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
thats going by the theory if we all started from one couple.....what if that wasnt the case? I dont know if the evolution theory is true but you cant look at cavemen and monkeys and us and not see some kind of connection...I mean if we started from one couple how did we get diff races and some people ending up way on the other side of the world when they had no ways of traveling that far across oceans back then? I think her name is very important and they left if out for a reason....if they gave her name then people would say" SO god made other people out of dust and Adam and Eve werent that special" or if it said it was his sister then they would say" Cain fu*ked his sister??".....either way they know they would have trouble with that part so they did the smart thing.....just left her name out completly...

"how did we get diff races and some people ending up way on the other side of the world when they had no ways of traveling that far across oceans back then?"





Do you think its impossible that the original humans maybe migrated out of Africa via the Arabian Peninsula onto Asia and Europe?

What about the Scientific theory about the huge masses of glacial ice stretching deep into Europe, a reduced sea level and in some parts where there is now there was none, no water at all.
 04-15-2008, 12:35 PM         #183
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Christos© said:
Not all Christians believe that. The Hebrew word for day is yom. Yom can mean a long period of time, 24 hours, or 12 hours. Context determine meaning and i believe it teaches literal days and not a long period of time, but some Christians think the word day in Genesis 1 means a long period of time.
Which do you believe?
 04-15-2008, 01:13 PM         #184
Christos© 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Exodus X13 said:
Which do you believe?
literal days, not a long period of time.
 04-15-2008, 01:17 PM         #185
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lol... Religious primatives.

Only in the Middle East... AND America.
 10 years ago '04        #186
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,217 | Props total: 2114 2114
 CDB said:
Props for the article.

It makes me wonder; humans have been around for approximately 2 million years. 1 million if you're very conservative with your estimates.
Why then would this God reveal himself only several thousand years ago? Should he not have revealed himself earlier?

And supposedly he cares for all people, while those who follow him murder in his name, whether his name is Jehova, or Allah. They are really the exact same.

Another thing is that supposedly the non-believers will go to hell. What about the people of other religions, like Bhudism, or even the peoples who worship their ancestors like some asian cultures. Are they bad people because they have not been converted? do they deserve hell?

Lastly, why do people discount the ancient gods, like the gods of olympus, as false? no-one knows whether they actually exist or not; for all we know, if there is a god or gods, maybe they are truly the olympians, or the norse gods, or Buddha or Krishna. Christians discount these gods as fantasies.

Or maybe there are none at all, and all the stories that they are based upon are just anecdotes for living a better life while attempting to explain our origins.
Yes by their reasoning if you do not believe in what they do then you go to hell and burn in pain for eternity...you could be some of the best people around and devote your life to helping out mankind in anyway possible...and you still deserve to burn in hell...Meanwhile a guy in prison that has k!lled and r*ped gets to go to heaven an be in paradise just as long as he repents for his sins and accepts Jesus christ as his lord and savior.....why would you want to be a part of that???
 04-15-2008, 01:33 PM         #187
nate200303 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y.H. said:


dumb a.ss statement
dumb a.ss n*gga
 10 years ago '04        #188
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,217 | Props total: 2114 2114
 Exodus X13 said:
"how did we get diff races and some people ending up way on the other side of the world when they had no ways of traveling that far across oceans back then?"





Do you think its impossible that the original humans maybe migrated out of Africa via the Arabian Peninsula onto Asia and Europe?

What about the Scientific theory about the huge masses of glacial ice stretching deep into Europe, a reduced sea level and in some parts where there is now there was none, no water at all.
SO only 6000 years ago the earth was one huge continent?Or Millions of years ago?IF you believe in that then you believe in evolution right?That Africans are black becuase of the sun and Europeans white because of the cold....that things adapt and evolve depending on their enviroment?IF man started in Africa then adam and eve where black?
 10 years ago '06        #189
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$6,218 | Props total: 758 758
my only thing is why do people actually give a flying fu*k about what the other thinks is right or wrong,people are gonna think what ever they want to think.I look at it like this...
if "GOD" came down from the heavens....some people still wouldn't believe and
if science proved "GOD" to be a myth like Zeus....some people are still gonna pray to "GOD" anyway..so at the end of the day arguments like these are pointless and no one ever wins, just live life,
 04-15-2008, 01:53 PM         #190
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
Lol... Religious primatives.

Only in the Middle East... AND America.


Is Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism etc not religion then?



What about the religious group we call Atheists are they primitives too?
 10 years ago '04        #191
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,217 | Props total: 2114 2114
 Mintz said:
my only thing is why do people actually give a flying fu*k about what the other thinks is right or wrong,people are gonna think what ever they want to think.I look at it like this...
if "GOD" came down from the heavens....some people still wouldn't believe and
if science proved "GOD" to be a myth like Zeus....some people are still gonna pray to "GOD" anyway..so at the end of the day arguments like these are pointless and no one ever wins, just live life,
because maybe Bush wouldnt send troops to die left and right over there if he dident believe in Heaven....maybe these mothers wouldnt k!ll their kids becuase God told them to do it...maybe Hitler wouldnt have hated the jews so much because it says they k!lled Jesus....maybe the spanish inquistiion wouldnt have happend and people wouldnt have been tortured trying to force them to convert....if you cant see all the fu*ked up sh*t that religions have done to this world then you need to open your eyes....If god did come down to heaven people would believe becuase they can actually see it for themselves and it wouldnt by a myth out of a book....but for some reason he only did that back in the day....Im not saying all religious people are like that but theres enough of them that it affects the world negatively....
 10 years ago '04        #192
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,217 | Props total: 2114 2114
 Exodus X13 said:
Is Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism etc not religion then?



What about the religious group we call Atheists are they primitives too?
Atheists arent a religious group....we seperate ourselves from all things religious....
 10 years ago '06        #193
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$6,218 | Props total: 758 758
 persuazion said:
because maybe Bush wouldnt send troops to die left and right over there if he dident believe in Heaven....maybe these mothers wouldnt k!ll their kids becuase God told them to do it...maybe Hitler wouldnt have hated the jews so much because it says they k!lled Jesus....maybe the spanish inquistiion wouldnt have happend and people wouldnt have been tortured trying to force them to convert....if you cant see all the fu*ked up sh*t that religions have done to this world then you need to open your eyes....If god did come down to heaven people would believe becuase they can actually see it for themselves and it wouldnt by a myth out of a book....but for some reason he only did that back in the day....Im not saying all religious people are like that but theres enough of them that it affects the world negatively....
my eyes are VERY open,open enough to see that every time a religion thread is brought up it's always the usual suspects name calling and popping a bunch of sh*t over the Internet,open enough to know that through out history both atheism and theism have caused monumental strifes to people but there are always extremist on both ends...and by my understanding wasn't mao ze dong (sp?) and Hitler atheist?....so if that fact is true,then theism and atheism when taken to extremes are both just vile and fu*ked..the key is not to take your faith and try to bend unto others,and just let people think what ever they're gonna think whether it's logical or "primitive"


Last edited by Mintz; 04-15-2008 at 02:01 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #194
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,217 | Props total: 2114 2114
 Mintz said:
but there are always extremist on both ends...and by my understanding wasn't mao ze dong (sp?) and Hitler atheist?....so if that fact is true,then theism and atheism when taken to extremes are both just vile and fu*ked..the key is not to take your faith and try to bend unto others,and just let people think what ever they're gonna think whether it's logical or "primitive"
Hitler was not an Atheist....somebody lied to you.He believed whoever had the spear that pierced Jesus would rule the world....and where do you think his hate from Jews came from?Name alot of huge historical events that caused massive deaths that came from non believers.I dont know any Atheists extrmeists k!lling for what they believe but I know alot of religious ones.


Last edited by persuazion; 04-15-2008 at 02:07 PM..
 04-15-2008, 02:13 PM         #195
Christos© 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Exodus X13 said:
Is Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism etc not religion then?



What about the religious group we call Atheists are they primitives too?
The guy hasn't formed an argument in his life, he's not the best person to have discussions with.
 10 years ago '06        #196
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$6,218 | Props total: 758 758
 persuazion said:
Hitler was not an Atheist....somebody lied to you.He believed whoever had the spear that pierced Jesus would rule the world....and where do you think his hate from Jews came from?Name alot of huge historical events that caused massive deaths that came from non believers.I dont know any Atheists extrmeists k!lling for what they believe but I know alot of religious ones.
and thats why i had the ? mark at the end of my statement about Hitler and Mao...i was asking to see if this fact...
and so because you know of religious extremist,that makes theism wrong?!? and every one who believe in a "GOD" ignorant and primitive,thats all i'm trying to understand,because then a theist could say that most atheist are arrogant and pseudo-intellects...because when i read threads like these i see both of the aforementioned stereotypes fully manifested in various post


Last edited by Mintz; 04-15-2008 at 02:17 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #197
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,217 | Props total: 2114 2114
 Mintz said:
and thats why i had the ? mark at the end of my statement about Hitler and Mao...i was asking to see if this fact...
and so because you know of religious extremist,that makes theism wrong?!? and every one who believe in a "GOD" ignorant and primitive,thats all i'm trying to understand,because then a theist could say that most atheist are arrogant and pseudo-intellects...because when i read threads like these i see both of the aforementioned stereotypes fully manifested in various post
I dident say EVERYONE who believes in God is ignorant and primitive...my wife is a Christian,a Christian with some doubts but still... As far as if they are wrong or not,I believe they are.But they base their whole argument on faith so you cant prove that right or wrong.Its just a matter on what you believe in I guess.But the fact is there is a huge negative impact on the world from Religion.If there was no religion would there be anarchy? Would people be raping and murdering without a care in the world? I seriously doubt it.Is it really needed in todays society?My friend who believes in God says that "people need something to get them by during hard times,and they need to feel someone is watching over them and taking care of them" that is the way of thinking of alot of people...they may not necessarily believe everything in the bible but they get scared at the thought of not knowing how we got here or where we are going.
 04-15-2008, 02:45 PM         #198
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
Atheists arent a religious group....we seperate ourselves from all things religious....


You sure are separating yourself from religion, coming in these religious threads to mock religious people every chance you get.


:rolleyes:


 Christos© said:
The guy hasn't formed an argument in his life, he's not the best person to have discussions with.


Excuse me?


Last edited by Exodus X13; 04-15-2008 at 02:47 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #199
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$6,218 | Props total: 758 758
 persuazion said:
I dident say EVERYONE who believes in God is ignorant and primitive...my wife is a Christian,a Christian with some doubts but still... As far as if they are wrong or not,I believe they are.But they base their whole argument on faith so you cant prove that right or wrong.Its just a matter on what you believe in I guess.But the fact is there is a huge negative impact on the world from Religion.If there was no religion would there be anarchy? Would people be raping and murdering without a care in the world? I seriously doubt it.Is it really needed in todays society?My friend who believes in God says that "people need something to get them by during hard times,and they need to feel someone is watching over them and taking care of them" that is the way of thinking of alot of people...they may not necessarily believe everything in the bible but they get scared at the thought of not knowing how we got here or where we are going.
i''ll be the first to admit i do not know whether or not "GOD" exist or doesn't,so i stray away from religious based debates....with strangers friends or family,i honestly think religion bashing is just foolish and doesn't aid in enlightened discussion,and it's my personal opinion that anyone who can say definitively that "GOD" does or doesn't exist is full of it
 04-15-2008, 03:01 PM         #200
Christos© 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Exodus X13 said:
Excuse me?
The dude you quoted isn't the best person to have a discussion with.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 22
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
134 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
350 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside Walmart employee smokes weed in front of shoppers
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 3
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 3
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy