The Official PS3 GTAIV Info/Discussion Thread: Get It Poppin!

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
71 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #201
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,941 | Props total: 3140 3140
I knew it already.. It's been said before...."Slightly"
 10 years ago '04        #202
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,519 | Props total: 55 55
 Just1Spark said:
Where my Xbox boys at?

Wawdy, still mad at Sony cause all ur HDDVDs are only good for Christmas ornaments now?
Whats good man?

Nah, I still watch my collection of HD-DVDs ... not sour over the fact that HD-DVD is dead.

But funny you should stray offtopic when the point at hand is the lackluster performance of the PS3 version of GTA 4 ... Just playing. But it is noted that the x360 version runs at 720p and has 2x Anti Aliasing, as the PS3 version runs at 630p and no AA!

And what about the PS3 having freezing issues runing GTA 4?
 10 years ago '04        #203
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
GTA IV for the Playstation 3, having Freezing Errors?

Alright, so I got home from the midnight release with my copy of GTA IV Collectors Edition unpacked it live on the feed installed and guess what, it froze! I tried a couple more times and it even have reinstalled 3 times, it still keeps freezing. I am not alone, from the looks of it, it is the 60 GB Launch PS3that is having the problems and might be just the Collectors Edition of GTA IV. Jeffrey Tavares has the regular edition and a launch PS3 and is now running the Live Feed. I will keep everyone up to date as much as possible!

UPDATE: It looks like there are multiple a.ssumptions. First off it is not only the Collectors Edition, so far though I have only heard of 60 GB version freezing. Although thing which is the latest I have heard from Tech Support is that it may be a Shotty Batch of games that have been sent to GameStop. If you are having this problem and did not get at Gamestop Please let Tech Support know at the following Number(s) America: 1-866-405-5464 or Canada: 1-800-269-5721

UPDATE2: It is not just 60 GB Launch PS3s, I know 60 GB PS3s that are not launch and launch 20GB PS3s having the problem. I have just attempted a quick format (full one takes 3 1/2 hours so not trying) and installing GTA IV Again will update once I know something!''

UPDATE3: So the Quick Format did not work, and it is not only the PS3 having these problems it appears. I am also finding reports of Xbox 360's having Lock up issues. I do not know if it is wide spread or even related to the Playstation Issues. I am currently re-installing GTA IV for the 5th time this time after a Quick System Restore in which it erased the Hard Drive and reset all the default system settings. As soon as I know more I will update.

UPDATE4: Well the quick system restore didn't do anything. I had all the extras disabled and didn't help one bit. All I can suggest currently is to call where you got your game first thing when they open and tell them to give you another copy to try. Good Luck to all!

UPDATE5: I have now gotten a couple hours of sleep tonight and just got off the phone with GameStop. He said that I could just bring in the game case (since I bought the collectors edition) and he will swap it out with the regular one since the game is the same, you just got the extras. I cannot head there till around noon so I will update everyone once I get the new one and I know if it works.

UPDATE6: I have now tried the Second Disc, with no luck. The game froze during the Intro. Sadly I still have not gotten to see the whole thing yet. I decided to try 1 last thing which is a FULL Format which is supposed to take 3hours and 35 min.

04-29-2008, 03:35 PM         #204
GR2004  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i thought i was the only 1 since i'm on Wireless
 10 years ago '05        #205
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
I have the 60GB PS3. I just picked the game up today and I'll check when I get home.

Maybe the DLC content is a fu*kING FIX FOR THE PROBLEM.
 10 years ago '04        #206
daone2fear 
space
space
space
$696 | Props total: 5 5
 Wawdy24 said:
Whats good man?

Nah, I still watch my collection of HD-DVDs ... not sour over the fact that HD-DVD is dead.

But funny you should stray offtopic when the point at hand is the lackluster performance of the PS3 version of GTA 4 ... Just playing. But it is noted that the x360 version runs at 720p and has 2x Anti Aliasing, as the PS3 version runs at 630p and no AA!

And what about the PS3 having freezing issues runing GTA 4?

IGN already stated that the PS3 looks better and has better Anti Aliasing. WTF are you talking about. Did you test the AA to get a different result. the writer in the post didn't even state anything about the AA. So just where are you getting this from
 10 years ago '04        #207
randy54 
space
space
$1,520 | Props total: 90 90
my gta hasnt froze as of yet and ive been playing since 1am last night
 10 years ago '04        #208
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 23 23
I haven't had one freeze yet and I'm 15+ hrs in, but I've been reading alot of people have experienced it. Rockstar said that you have to delete your install data and reinstall and it fixes it or something. Google it
 04-29-2008, 03:58 PM         #209
GR2004  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOL @ this fu*kboy tryin to prove something,
it's been said for the last week that the PS3 IS THE SUPERIOR VERSION.

FYI: I have the 60 GB PS3 & i just bought the Special Edition this morning...WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL.
 10 years ago '07        #210
|JOHN| 
space
space
$1,156 | Props total: 57 57
its back up :D
 10 years ago '04        #211
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
^^ it seems to just be the intro movie Max ... just passing the info... not trying to hurt feelings guys.
 10 years ago '04        #212
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
I'm reporting from respectable sites ...

This is the same guy that discovered Halo 3 was 640p ... so don't shoot the messenger ... read the fu*king articles you fu*k
 10 years ago '04        #213
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
Some guys were posting that it was happening during the game cut scenes also...
 10 years ago '04        #214
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
Oh, and it doesn't say all GTA copies or all PS3s are freezing ... it says some people are having the probs ... and it is littered in forums on the net as we speak
 10 years ago '04        #215
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
Oh, no sh*t ... getting my copy today ... had to work and I'm not that avid of a GTA fan, but the Multiplayer sounds fun as hell.
 10 years ago '04        #216
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
Wawdy, it's funny how you're the only person who thinks the 360 version is superior when all the comparisons I've read so far from reviewers disagree with you.
 10 years ago '04        #217
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
 ---Max-Payne--- said:
Wawdy, it's funny how you're the only person who thinks the 360 version is superior when all the comparisons I've read so far from reviewers disagree with you.
not sure where I wrote that?

I stated resolution ... and was goofing with some dude, but I don't think I said that max.
 10 years ago '04        #218
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space

Comparison pics ... they both look great.
 10 years ago '04        #219
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
Wawdy, I don't know if you've missed it but a fair few people are having freezing issues on the 360 version too.
 10 years ago '05        #220
GodzMustBeCrazy 31 heat pts31
space
space
$6,061 | Props total: 699 699
I had the 360 version freeze on me the first time I played it, it happened right after the intro, no problems since...No problems on the Ps3 version yet...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
42 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
250 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
155 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
111 comments
19 hours ago