Apr 4 - Chuck Liddell irked by Kimbo’s popularity

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
21 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
How gay are these polls?

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #1
6232 pageviews
118 comments

Nugen2384 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 0 0
Apr 4 - Chuck Liddell irked by Kimbo’s popularity

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell (21-5), arguably MMA’s biggest star just as the sport began its march toward the mainstream, is appalled by Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson (2-0) and says a checkered past of beating up a “bunch of guys on the street” is the only reason for his popularity.

Liddell talked about EliteXC’s prized heavyweight in a recent interview with our friend Mark Gilbert of The Sun.

According to Liddell, Ferguson is training and learning MMA, but he “hasn’t done anything” to earn the praise he receives.

“Kimbo’s one of those guys who doesn’t have any ground game,” Liddell told The Sun. “He’s training and he’s learning but he’s been built up as such a big star, and that’s the thing that bothers me.

“People talk about him like he’s the next great thing when he really hasn’t done anything. He’s been built up because of the Internet and him beating a bunch of guys on the street.”

Ferguson’s initial fame came from underground f!ght videos posted on YouTube and other video-sharing websites. Based in Miami, the 34-year-old almost always dominated his opponents in the bare-knuckle f!ghts. (Ferguson, though, was eventually stopped by Boston police officer Sean Gannon, who was later signed by the UFC with a mere 1-0 professional record.)

“I could make some impressive knockout videos too if you let me walk outside and just punch people and knock them out—“hey you, come f!ght!” Liddell told The Sun. “F*** we can make a highlight reel tomorrow and go round beating people up and talking about it. We could just go up to people and start dropping them. Wow!”

Liddell is currently slated to face Rashad Evans in the main event of UFC 85, an event that takes place June 7 in London. After winning seven consecutive f!ghts, Liddell suffered back-to-back defeats for the first time in his career, losing his belt to Quinton Jackson in the process. He rebounded for a victory over Wanderlei Silva in December.

Ferguson, meanwhile, is slated to headline the first EliteXC-CBS event on May 31. The organization hasn’t announced an opponent, but James Thompson appears to be the leading candidate.

Check out more UFC News at MMAjunkie.com. This story originally appeared on MMAjunkie.com and is syndicated on Yahoo! Sports as part of a content-partnership deal between the two sites.

[pic - click to view]

http://sports.yahoo.com/m .. nkie&type=lgns

118 comments for "Apr 4 - Chuck Liddell irked by Kimbo’s popularity"

10 years ago '07        #2
dionedre3000 
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 791 791
is this some hate or jeolesy or what....
 10 years ago '05        #3
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
if it was somebody else talkin id b like hater but really chuck lidell is the reason for the spark in ufc over the last couple of yrs so he can talk without him nobody would b makin money in that. hes doin for mma wat mike tyson did for heavyweight boxing in the mid 80s-early 90s
 10 years ago '06        #4
Nugen2384  OP
space
space
 hustlehard365 said:
if it was somebody else talkin id b like hater but really chuck lidell is the reason for the spark in ufc over the last couple of yrs so he can talk without him nobody would b makin money in that. hes doin for mma wat mike tyson did for heavyweight boxing in the mid 80s-early 90s
Maaan, Kimbo will body his a.ss.
 10 years ago '07        #5
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
he's got a point. he's not saying kimbo ain't a good f!ghter.. he's just sayin' you can't crown someone as a great after 2 official f!ghts where different rules apply. it's like basketball players who can score but can't play D. yeah, you might be nice and do impressive sh*t, but your game ain't full circle -- and that's all he's sayin bout Kimbo. Now once Kimbo gets the ground game down, it just might be a wrap.
 04-04-2008, 12:14 PM         #6
buFF3mo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Who cares what he did for MMA, Chuck's not afraid to f!ght him, He's proving a very valid point. Just like Brock Lesnar losing to Frank Mir... Frank got his a.ss beat, but still won because he actually has a ground game. Kimbo doesn't have a ground game but he doesn't really need one honestly, he's a beast. I think Chuck would stand up and f!ght him, he's quicker and hits just as hard and Chuck can take a beating, so if it does turn into a brawl, it will head to the ground and Chuck has him there. Kimbo will try his hardest not to get on the ground against anyone, he understands that he's a monster... He should f!ght Brock Lesnar, I would love to see that.
 04-04-2008, 12:17 PM         #7
catchaBreath 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dont fu*k with chuck
 04-04-2008, 12:17 PM         #8
buFF3mo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kimbo with a ground game would be very dangerous... I wish he wasn't so big... I mean there are so many great f!ghters out there that would eat him alive on the ground if they were relatively close in size.
 04-04-2008, 12:19 PM         #9
thagreat98597 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man fu*k chuck liddell...he right kimbo aint got no ground game but when you come from the streets theres no such thing as a ground game....if he feels that played he should schedule a fu*king f!ght
 04-04-2008, 12:22 PM         #10
buFF3mo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Seriously though, that be one hell of a f!ght... you act like Chuck can't strike, his fists are blocks of ice, knock you out cold. I don't care how big you are, or how tough you think you are, if one of those bad boys connect, you're not standing.
 10 years ago '05        #11
HUDA2daF 2 heat pts
space
space
$14,543 | Props total: 7673 7673
 BRAZZ said:
big up
TO ALL MY HATERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
whats wrong with ur neck
 10 years ago '06        #12
Nugen2384  OP
space
space
 HUDA2daF said:
whats wrong with ur neck
What neck???
 10 years ago '04        #13
reyesdaze 
space
space
space
$141 | Props total: 0 0
I think a lot of you guys are under estimating the training that Bas is giving Kimbo. Now Im not saying Kimbo has the ground game down packed but he might be decent with it. I think Kimbo vs Chuck would be a blockbuster f!ght but it would go against what chuck was saying. If he still hasnt proven himself, why should he get to f!ght anybody with a name like Chucks?
 04-04-2008, 12:37 PM         #14
buFF3mo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 reyesdaze said:
I think a lot of you guys are under estimating the training that Bas is giving Kimbo. Now Im not saying Kimbo has the ground game down packed but he might be decent with it. I think Kimbo vs Chuck would be a blockbuster f!ght but it would go against what chuck was saying. If he still hasnt proven himself, why should he get to f!ght anybody with a name like Chucks?
Very true but if he does prove himself, say 4 more wins then it's on like Donkey Kong and honestly Kimbo is too big to be on the ground... he's being trained to avoid take downs and beat the fu*k out of people. Have you watched him f!ght? His fists will always be his most powerful weapon, my god, if the man only knew how to kick.
 10 years ago '06        #15
c-rizzle 
space
space
$1,266 | Props total: 1 1
how can chuck say he hasnt done anything to earn his fame , his first match he made a guy tap-out in 19 seconds just from throwing his fists , thats fu*kin nutty
 04-04-2008, 12:41 PM         #16
WEREWOLF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man kimbo got punches that will shatter your skull.
 10 years ago '06        #17
RAZAH CUTS 5844 heat pts5844
space
space
$54,104 | Props total: 18994 18994
2 this fu*kin hater......Liddell is just burnt because ain't no one talkin bout his a.ss no more....meanwhile Kimbo's popularity is growing liek wildfire and he's only fought twice......Liddell would get the business too, trust that....
 04-04-2008, 12:43 PM         #18
styles354 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
chuck needs to jus take care of his and all of the other sh*t will sort itself out.
 10 years ago '04        #19
SeanP 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,335 | Props total: 304 304
I whooped Chuck's a.ss...in third grade.
 10 years ago '05        #20
HUDA2daF 2 heat pts
space
space
$14,543 | Props total: 7673 7673
 Nugen2384 said:
What neck???
lol
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
36 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
35 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
193 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
86 comments
21 hours ago