Apr 4 - Polow Da Don On Beat Jacking Rumors: ''A 10 Year-Old Can Save Usher's Career"

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-04-2008, 10:28 AM         #1
6453 pageviews
66 comments

Danja2Society 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Apr 4 - Polow Da Don On Beat Jacking Rumors: ''A 10 Year-Old Can Save Usher's Career"

Accused of using preset music software to produce his six figure beats, Atlanta producer Polow Da Don spoke with SOHH exclusively to clear up those allegations, while also responding to rumors that he's behind recent Beyoncé leaks.

A YouTube video sparked an uproar Thursday over Usher's #1 hit "Love in This Club," which was produced and co-written by Polow.

In the short video, an unidentified young man plays a snippet of "Love in This Club," then demonstrates two presets from Apple's GarageBand program which sound nearly identical to the track -- instantly threatening the credibility of one of hip-hop's hottest producers. [
[pic - click to view]

Click here to watch]

"That's not where I got them from, but they're definitely in there," Polow said of the sounds used in "Love in This Club," telling SOHH he had yet to view the YouTube video. "There's this keyboard I have that a lot of sounds come in."

Polow noted that the song contains a live bassline and that Robin Thicke was enlisted to play piano on the record.

"If a ten-year-old can make 'Love in This Club' and save Usher's career and make black women want to f*ck him again, after they was done with him for getting married, then sh*t he's a genius just like me," Polow said. "I also wrote the hook - that's not a preset."

While he's taken flack in recent months for leaking "Love in This Club" before it was set to drop, many of his detractors were silenced after the song made Billboard history by reaching #1 in record time.

"I can charge six figures because I make companies hundreds of millions of dollars," Polow explained. "It's a small percentage of earnings. I'm one of the most influential people in music, not just on the production side, behind the scenes! Even me having the balls to leak an Usher record -- I put my career and my relationship on the line, but I did that all because I really believed in the music. "

"It went number one in three weeks," he boasted! "Mariah Carey was planned, Janet Jackson was planned, money was put behind those projects. This record was shipped from my computer in my hotel room."

After admitting to leaking "Love in This Club," suspicion immediately fell on Polow last week when a couple of previously unreleased Beyoncé tracks hit the net, however Polow denies any role in that.

"They are probably saying that so it will go number one in three weeks, but that's probably somebody that's on over there, trying to make it seem like I leaked it," Polow said.

Always hard at work, Polow Da Don says times are good for music fans, who can look forward to hearing his recent collaboration with Nas, Lil' Wayne and John Legend soon, as well as the upcoming album from his Zone 4 artist Keri Hilson.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.sohh.com/artic .. icle.php/14462

66 comments for "Apr 4 - Polow Da Don On Beat Jacking Rumors: ''A 10 Year-Old Can Save Usher's Career""

10 years ago '04        #2
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,531 | Props total: 275 275
 10 years ago '06        #3
Nugen2384 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 0 0
..at black women wanting to fu*k Usher again. Everyone knows that n*gga is homo.
 10 years ago '05        #4
DJ Controversy 
space
space
space
$562 | Props total: 5 5
man polow is leakin all dat sh*t......Im a lil upset about the beat but he is a genius so im over it and The Weezy John Legend Nas and Rich Boy track is heat
 10 years ago '07        #5
Donaldsjuan 
space
space
$1,880 | Props total: 116 116
n*gga mad cuz he got expouse. I would of just said. thats the beat usher picked and I got paid period
 10 years ago '06        #6
Da prophecy 
space
space
space
$144 | Props total: 0 0
Hate for the title being misleading...
 10 years ago '05        #7
P DRILLA 103 heat pts103
space
space
$10,671 | Props total: 6418 6418
I'm one of the most influential people in music,
glad dude is humble
 10 years ago '08        #8
daytona500 
space
space
$1,052 | Props total: 0 0
that n*gga sh*tted on usher
 04-04-2008, 11:46 AM         #9
finesse1272  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm one of the most influential people in music,

P DRILLA said:
glad dude is humble
 04-04-2008, 01:02 PM         #10
soulja boy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who cares who produces a song
i aint givin none of these bums 10 cents
 10 years ago '04        #11
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
you can say the same for rhianna's 'umbrella'

the drum pattern was an Apple Loop too
 04-04-2008, 01:26 PM         #12
The Impaler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
w0rd, the white dude in that vid is a goofball, alotta producers use loops and sounds from Garage, FL, etc. Just most aren't as obvious as "Love In The Club".
 10 years ago '06        #13
~ KiLLa KaZi ~ 
space
space
space
$4,862 | Props total: 94 94
:thumbsdow

Who Givez A Shiit Wut Dude Uses To Make His Beatz .. Aslong As Dem Biitchez On Fie Then STFU ..

U Can Get FL Studio, Hypersonic & Vanguard & Make Dat Fuuckin' " Love In This Club " Beat .. Nuggaz Need To Stop Worryin' Bout Whut Software/Hardware People Use To Make Muzik & Start Makin' Their Own sh*t If They So Fuuckin Worried

It's Not Whut Equipment U Use Anyway It's All About Ur Status/Rank *Who Are U?* Dat Makez Tha Beat

U Can Take An Average Polow Da Don Beat & Put It Up Against A Bangin' Azz Beat Made By A *Nobody* & n*ggaz Gon Still Ride Wit Polow Da Don Simply Kuz He Is Who He Is ..
 10 years ago '04        #14
lethalastro 
space
space
$2,206 | Props total: 23 23
 ~ k!lla KaZi ~ said:
:thumbsdow

Who Givez A Shiit Wut Dude Uses To Make His Beatz .. Aslong As Dem Biitchez On Fie Then STFU ..

U Can Get FL Studio, Hypersonic & Vanguard & Make Dat Fuuckin' " Love In This Club " Beat .. Nuggaz Need To Stop Worryin' Bout Whut Software/Hardware People Use To Make Muzik & Start Makin' Their Own sh*t If They So Fuuckin Worried

It's Not Whut Equipment U Use Anyway It's All About Ur Status/Rank *Who Are U?* Dat Makez Tha Beat

U Can Take An Average Polow Da Don Beat & Put It Up Against A Bangin' Azz Beat Made By A *Nobody* & n*ggaz Gon Still Ride Wit Polow Da Don Simply Kuz He Is Who He Is ..
couldnt say it any better.
 10 years ago '07        #15
mainevent4u88 101 heat pts101
space
space
$9,240 | Props total: 4716 4716
 Donaldsjuan said:
n*gga mad cuz he got expouse. I would of just said. thats the beat usher picked and I got paid period
:applause::applause::applause:
 10 years ago '05        #16
Santo 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,135 | Props total: 1 1
He's exposed.
 10 years ago '04        #17
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
He's a businessman, and thats all it is. There's little to respect in terms of his production game, especially with how c*cky he is about it. He's making pop hits, but in terms of hip-hop he isn't sh*t
 10 years ago '04        #18
Suga Shane 
space
space
$799 | Props total: 1 1
 The Impaler said:
w0rd, the white dude in that vid is a goofball, alotta producers use loops and sounds from Garage, FL, etc. Just most aren't as obvious as "Love In The Club".
Yup, a lot of "producers" do that sh*t, I remember stumbling across the melody from Young Joc's Patron in Reason 3, it was a preset.
 04-04-2008, 02:09 PM         #19
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
only heard the song 4 times
 10 years ago '06        #20
homme 59 heat pts59
space
space
$9,366 | Props total: 2081 2081
beat was hot, song was hot. not trash like a lot of sh*t out. so whats the problem?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
76 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
25 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago