Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Thread (Any spoilers without warning = automatic ban)

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
121 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
32 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #821
stanis3k 31 heat pts31
space
space
$4,531 | Props total: 276 276
mannnn the way yall ravving bout this sh*t, imma pick up my copy 2moro after work, btw i was in the mgs online beta....please tell me the retail version is a whole lot faster
 06-13-2008, 09:10 PM         #822
RedLite 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
(i own the wii, 360 and now ps3) each have special qualities....

so circuit city shipped my mgs4 bundle on the 11th and i paid a little extra for overnight shipping. it arrived here on the 12th (release date) at 2pm est time.

i must say this is a slick system. im enjoying trying to figure how the usb and sd memory sticks work when transferring music/photos/videos. it is trick-e-er than it should be. sony could have made it easier when using the external memory units (including but not limited to the external mass usb hard drive).

when i first got the ps3 hooked up and turned it on it did take a while to get everything downloaded (updates/installs). that was kinda frustrating but it worked out alright. the celtics and lakers played game 4 so i was watching the game anyways.

i like how you can download new themes pretty quick (and free) and use them. i havent tried making my own theme yet but will give it a try shortly.

now for the meat and potatoes. MGS4 is amazing. when game 4 was over and i popped MGS4 in i was blown away. the start up music is fire when snake is standing and smoking his cig at the grave.

i spent a good 40 minutes when i first started playing in the shooting range (cant remember what its called exactly). i tried out most of the weapons and grenades and got used to the controls. i knew from just the startup and that practice shooting that this game was going to be tight, tight, tight...and i wasnt wrong.

man o man this game looks sick on the 56" sammy dlp. i cannot remember playing a game before and almost crying from the beauty. when the game started i was in awe. simply beautiful. simply amazing.

i own the new GTA and i do not think it should have gotten 10's. it should be in line with a 9.0 maybe upto a 9.5 but not a 10. i do however think this MGS game did deserve a 10 and it should be the front runner so far for GOTY.

i have been playing the 360 for over a year now and it was a little tricky getting used to the controls of the ps3 but im getting the hang of it again.

my psn is REDLITE187

i will eventually own most of the quality games at one time or another so hit me up if you looking for some grown folks action.

i did however need to go into my sammy dlp service menu (MUTE-1-8-2-POWER) in order to turn off the OVERSCAN in order to make the ps3 fit my tv screen right. it was overlapping on all sides about a quarter of an inch. but changing that helped and almost fixed the problem entirely
 06-13-2008, 09:23 PM         #823
_QD_ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man :finger: amazon...if this sh*t is not in my mailbox 2morrow im slapping babies
 10 years ago '04        #824
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
 Arsonic. said:
Get Metal Gear, you won't regret it.
Just got home from work (16 hour day because of client meetings sucks) and bought Metal Gear during a dinner break...

Im not gonna see much sleep this weekend :applause:
 10 years ago '04        #825
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 DA DOPEMAN said:
MGS4= GOTY maybe even this gen
There's a lot of this gen left, let's not get ahead of ourselves. GOTY easily though, I'm loving this sh*t and I only just started Act 2 trying to take my time with this one and enjoy it.
 06-13-2008, 10:49 PM         #826
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^"MAYBE" you noticed that right :p.......

Seriously though I just threw that there though, I ain't playing MGS4 like I thought I would( not sure ya noticed )

perhaps I am burned out of gaming?( just got done with GTAIV after solely investing 75 hours into that), I played MGS4 for 2 hours and wasn't hyped to to keep going, probably from being too familiar with all that was being shown to me or maybe I ain't used to big games in the Summer?....

oh well atleast I got it there for when ever this burned out feeling goes away.

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 06-13-2008 at 11:27 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #827
fmills15  OP
space
space
$1,560 | Props total: 19 19
i just beat it....*tears*.. its over..................
 10 years ago '04        #828
KtodaC 16 heat pts16
space
space
$909 | Props total: 82 82
wasnt there supposed to be a big surprise on the drop day of mgs4? did i miss something?
 10 years ago '05        #829
GodzMustBeCrazy 31 heat pts31
space
space
$6,064 | Props total: 705 705
The only reason I'm not playing is because I'm at my girls house...dudes are flying thru this sh*t like it will self destruct if they don't beat immediately I'm with Korrupt on this one, taking my time, and enjoying every minute of it.

Just hope the ones that are beating it so fast don't turn around in a week and bi*ch about it being too short...
 06-13-2008, 11:28 PM         #830
Isaac 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DA DOPEMAN said:

Seriously though I just threw that there though, I ain't playing MGS4 like I thought I would( not sure ya noticed )

perhaps I am burned out of gaming?, I played it for 2 hours and wasn't hyped to to keep going, probably from being too familiar with all that was being shown to me or maybe I ain't used to big games in the Summer?....

lol im feeling like this too.... im at act 2 and i really dont feel like going thru that sh*t this weekend... i still havent beat gtaiv....:sleepy:
 10 years ago '04        #831
# 58 
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 100 100
played another 2 hours today.....game is the truth

easily 10 times better than gta4
 10 years ago '05        #832
Hydroman 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,071 | Props total: 1184 1184
Just beat it. All I can say is......WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. I'm still tryin to soak in all the drama I just witnessed. Kojima is a genius. This is the BEST MGS period.
 10 years ago '04        #833
KtodaC 16 heat pts16
space
space
$909 | Props total: 82 82
haha supposed to? yeah right that game has been delayed more than a mutha....but so far, i have no complaints with it, truly a masterpiece
 06-14-2008, 03:08 AM         #834
graydome 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm taking my time with it... partly because i want to and partly because I have Grid.

Also I know its been said but the graphics in this are the best i've ever seen.
 10 years ago '05        #835
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
yeah, makes me feel like a dumbass how hyped I was for GTA4, from the very beginning its just unlike anything i've ever seen from little things like snakes hair blowing to the overall gameplay

this sh*t is fucc'n amazing
 10 years ago '04        #836
The Go 2 Guy 31 heat pts31
space
space
space
$3,715 | Props total: 10 10
COD4 is great overall and MGS4 is good overall. cod4 has the advantage over mgs4 when it comes to online play. however, mgs4 has for podcasts and other dlc to use and cod4 just has an added map pack.
 06-14-2008, 06:18 AM         #837
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PLAYERIZM said:
yeah, makes me feel like a dumbass how hyped I was for GTA4, from the very beginning its just unlike anything i've ever seen from little things like snakes hair blowing to the overall gameplay

this sh*t is fucc'n amazing
And that's truth you can take to the bank. fu*k GTA 4
 10 years ago '05        #838
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
^true COD has better online but MGS overall I think it's just a little bit better with the Graphics & the storyline I jus think it edges out COD4, even tho it's probably longer & it's controls are easier MGS jus has that wow factor

COD4 i'd say is a 9.0, MGS4 9.2 & Subsequently GTA4 a 8.4

I'm about 20 Min. thru Act 1 & I'm totally blown away, I'm kinda weary to keep playing straight thru in fear of cruising thru the game
 10 years ago '04        #839
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 DA DOPEMAN said:

perhaps I am burned out of gaming?( just got done with GTAIV after solely investing 75 hours into that), I played MGS4 for 2 hours and wasn't hyped to to keep going, probably from being too familiar with all that was being shown to me or maybe I ain't used to big games in the Summer?....

Yeah I noticed both, I was beginning to wonder if you copped it at all. As hyped as you were about this game I'm surprised to not see you on it every time I turn on my system. I feel you though, this is one of the biggest Summer Games ever, it's kinda wierd. You got NG2, GTA, DMC4 & MGS4 that all came out in the first two quarters of the year. Doesn't get me overly excited for Q4 08.
 10 years ago '05        #840
bgj887 
space
space
$1,517 | Props total: 30 30
i dont see why people hating on gta all of a sudden, i have both and both are amazing at what THEY do individually, there's not much that u can really compare about the two
Home      

most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
260 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
61 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
164 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
162 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
52 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
115 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy