Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Thread (Any spoilers without warning = automatic ban)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
150 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
194 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-13-2008, 10:15 AM         #761
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
300K MGS4 copies in 1 day, I say in a week they will have like 700K

PS3 Metal Gear Solid 4 - 300.000 - Breakdown:

Normal Edition - 8800Y - 130.000
Limited Edition - 9800Y - 170.000
(Bundles not included (Hagane + Welcome Boxes))

Source: GAF/Sinobi/Early Famitsu data (it's all the same)

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 06-13-2008 at 10:19 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #762
GodzMustBeCrazy 31 heat pts31
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 699 699
 DA DOPEMAN said:
300K MGS4 copies in 1 day, I say in a week they will have like 700K

PS3 Metal Gear Solid 4 - 300.000 - Breakdown:

Normal Edition - 8800Y - 130.000
Limited Edition - 9800Y - 170.000
(Bundles not included (Hagane + Welcome Boxes))

Source: GAF/Sinobi/Early Famitsu data (it's all the same)
Not bad for Japan, and even with the canceled midnight festivities...
 9 years ago '04        #763
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,666 | Props total: 328 328
This game is simply amazing im running it at 1080P and im cracking my sound way up high for this AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 06-13-2008, 10:37 AM         #764
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yo not sure if ya noticed but you could change what is being shown to you on that CRAZY RANDOM portion of the game. I am reading peoples comments on other boards and they are acting like they didn't know you could change what is being shown BY simply using the L stick.

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 06-13-2008 at 10:39 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #765
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 1013 1013
 Arsonic. said:
10 Hours into it...I'm in Act 4, Big Boss Hard. This game has no equal.
How is that even possible in 10 hours? I read the games is 20 plus hours long, and you're doing it on Big Boss Hard?

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 06-13-2008 at 10:57 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #766
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 1013 1013
The online wasn't that good to bother.
 06-13-2008, 11:22 AM         #767
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ I guess he skipped cut scenes and is just that ill when it comes to f!ghting.

Anyways, what's your take on the graphics?

A lot of this game looks insanely realistic until you really stare at some textures. Some are high quality, and others aren't which really throws me off.
 9 years ago '07        #768
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,858 | Props total: 2375 2375
I just completed Act 1 and this game is crazy. I love it.
 9 years ago '04        #769
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,687 | Props total: 433 433
what online modes are there in MGS4 ?? im thinking bout getting it
 9 years ago '04        #770
# 58 
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 100 100
 DA DOPEMAN said:
Yo not sure if ya noticed but you could change what is being shown to you on that CRAZY RANDOM portion of the game. I am reading peoples comments on other boards and they are acting like they didn't know you could change what is being shown BY simply using the L stick.
you mean during the cut scenes?

i always see this little orange circle at the top right....is that telling us to press the L3 button or some sh*t?

i was pressing every buttong but start...and nothing happened

only thing i hate about this game is the in game ads.....i already seen like 3 of them sh*t before the game loads up after checkpoints or cut scenes...that kind of k!lls the game for me
 9 years ago '05        #771
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,063 | Props total: 10743 10743
 # 58 said:
you mean during the cut scenes?

i always see this little orange circle at the top right....is that telling us to press the L3 button or some sh*t?

i was pressing every buttong but start...and nothing happened

only thing i hate about this game is the in game ads.....i already seen like 3 of them sh*t before the game loads up after checkpoints or cut scenes...that kind of k!lls the game for me

I think dopeman is talkin about that weird sh*t before the game starts where u can flip thru different shows and commercials

what ur talkin about is the flashbacks... if u keep tappin the button it says, they'll keep flashing across the screen.
 06-13-2008, 12:48 PM         #772
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption81 said:
How is that even possible in 10 hours? I read the games is 20 plus hours long, and you're doing it on Big Boss Hard?
Game is about 29+ hours.........

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 06-13-2008 at 12:54 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #773
GodzMustBeCrazy 31 heat pts31
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 699 699
Feature: 42 Secrets to Mastering Metal Gear Solid 4 -- SPOILER FREE
Feature by Sid Shuman | 06/12/2008 | 17:26:06 PM PST

SPOILER FREE! GamePro's Sid Shuman has finished Metal Gear Solid 4 twice. Here are his top strategies for mastering the game...and he won't blow any secrets!

Food is Life

You'll find three main healing items in Metal Gear Solid 4: Rations, Ramen Noodles, and the Regain energy drink. They all have their advantages.

1. Equip Rations during intense combat. Snake will automatically heal himself, even if he takes fatal damage, as long as you keep a health item equipped. There's a tradeoff, though: you can't equip other items when you're holding food.

2. Noodles are a godsend. Ramen noodles aren't just tasty, they're one of the best healing items in the game. The hot, delicious broth boosts Snake's Psyche meter as well as his health.

The Solid Eye

This inventory item packs in a lot of features, including motion sensors, plus optional nightvision and binocular modes.

1. The Solid Eye will locate hidden items for you. In its default vision mode, equipping the Solid Eye will highlight and identify enemies and allies, as well as nearby hidden items. If you need to scavenge for supplies, the Solid Eye is your best friend.

2. The Solid Eye makes you more vulnerable. When you equip the Solid Eye, you won't be able to automatically heal by holding Rations or food. If you're in a tough battle, drop the Solid Eye and grab a fistful of Noodles instead.

3. Nightvision will show recent footprints. Because it can see in the infrared spectrum, you'll often be able to spot enemy footprints when using the nightvision mode (highlight the Solid Eyeby holding L2, then tap Triangle).

CQC Basics

Close-quarters combat, or CQC, is effective against many human enemies in Metal Gear Solid 4. You've got to be quick, though, or you'll get a knife in the ribs.

1. You can't use CQC while holding a gun. Small one-handed weapon (pistols, grenades, knives) are fine, but hold anything bigger and you'll just shove your enemy.

2. The best CQC move is the hip toss. It's fast, silent, and reliable. Run up next to an enemy while pressing and holding R1. Snake will quickly slam the enemy to the ground, knocking him out instantly.

Stealth Basics

Though shooting will get you through most of the game, you'll encounter a few brief scenarios where stealth isn't an option but a requirement.

1. Watch your Camouflage rating. This is located in the upper-right hand corner of the screen. The higher that number is, the better; the maximum Camo rating is 100.

2. Crawl, crawl, crawl your way to stealth. Crawling on your belly (press and hold X) is the single best sneaking move in the game, and will get you through most stealth scenarios unfazed.

3. Keep an eye on your environment. Avoid light sources, sneak past threats while concealed behind objects (cars, fences, even grass), and lie perfectly still if you detect that the guards are getting suspicious.

Firearm Basics

Metal Gear Solid 4 has some seriously intense shooting. If you choose to go in guns blazing, be sure to read these tips.

1. Fire in short, controlled bursts. Pray-and-spray strategies won't work well in MGS4: the recoil will throw off your aim. Instead, fire of rapid volleys of one or two bullets at a time for maximum accuracy.

2. Always go for headshots. Shooting at legs, arms, or other body parts can take three or four hits to drop a foe. Instead, always aim for the head to drop your target with one shot.

Advanced Weapon Tactics

Metal Gear Solid 4 excels as a shooter thanks in large part to its massive arsenal of over 70 weapons. Here are some hints for maximizing your firepower.

1. Mods are a Snake's best friend. You can upgrade many of the weapons in MGS4 by highlighting the weapon in the options menu and attaching mods. Recoil grips, laser sights, and rifle scopes are top choices.

2. The M4 is a trusty traveling companion. You'll earn the M4 early in the game, and it's versatile even late in the game. It's accurate, reasonably powerful, and boasts a whopping five upgrade slots.

3. First-person aiming boosts your accuracy. For the most precise shooting possible, aim (hold L1) and then tap Triangle to enter first-person mode. This is also how you activate rifle scopes.

Reducing Stress

"Stress" is an important concept in Metal Gear Solid 4. Stress reflects Snake's well-being in various battle conditions.

1. Keep Stress as low as possible. As Snake's Stress rating climbs, his "Psyche" meter will begin to drain. If his Psyche meter drops out, Snake's hands will shake, ruining his accuracy, and he won't regenerate health between battles.

2. Stay away from stressful situations. If Snake lingers too long in a heated battle, his Stress will rise. But other environmental factors will also raise Stress, such as smelly objects (dumpsters, dirty toilets), hot sun, and other unpleasant conditions.

3. If all else fails, use a Compress. This warming pad will counteract the effects of stressful conditions. Flipping through a Playboy magazine (in first-person mode) will also reduce Snake's Stress. Later in the game, you'll find an item that you can equip to further relieve Stress.
Source:
 06-13-2008, 12:51 PM         #774
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:
^ I guess he skipped cut scenes and is just that ill when it comes to f!ghting.

Anyways, what's your take on the graphics?

A lot of this game looks insanely realistic until you really stare at some textures. Some are high quality, and others aren't which really throws me off.
Not sure where you're playing, I am on 1080p and this sh*t looks clean and sharp IT HAS THAT "MGS LOOK" which is good.
 06-13-2008, 12:52 PM         #775
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P-Hill said:
I think dopeman is talkin about that weird sh*t before the game starts where u can flip thru different shows and commercials

what ur talkin about is the flashbacks... if u keep tappin the button it says, they'll keep flashing across the screen.
Ya, thats what I am talking about when I first saw that I was like

then started pressing buttons and flipped through some sh*t with Hayter in a interview and other crazy sh*t, then I was disappointed when it went away
 9 years ago '04        #776
fmills15  OP
space
space
$1,560 | Props total: 19 19
mini not really, but potentially spoiler alert
mini not really, but potential spoiler alert

act 3 is the sh*t. the story is finally connected from all the games. they should rename this metal g.o.a.t. solid.
 06-13-2008, 01:00 PM         #777
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
*waits for the real MGO*
 06-13-2008, 01:01 PM         #778
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hood_Rich said:
what online modes are there in MGS4 ?? im thinking bout getting it
Gameplay types featured in Metal Gear Online include the standard deathmatch and Team deathmatch, as well as Capture Mission (analogous to CTF gametypes), Base Mission (a territory control gametype) and Sneaking Mission; the latter gametype involves two teams f!ghting each other in standard team deathmatch while also trying to avoid the players in control of Snake and Mk. II, whose mission is to collect three dog tags from enemy players before either team reaches the k!ll count.

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 06-13-2008 at 01:03 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #779
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,063 | Props total: 10743 10743
 DA DOPEMAN said:
Ya, thats what I am talking about when I first saw that I was like

then started pressing buttons and flipped through some sh*t with Hayter in a interview and other crazy sh*t, then I was disappointed when it went away
that praying mantis sh*t was fire though... i was like "wtf oh sh*t!"
 06-13-2008, 01:06 PM         #780
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ya that was kinda crazy, some of them are the TV ADs for the PMC's that sh*t that looked all artistic and sh*t with people flying that was one, I guess they have the others.

btw do these things come out again and again?, I would like to see them again and again to see the randomness of it all again.

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 06-13-2008 at 01:10 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
174 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago