Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Thread (Any spoilers without warning = automatic ban)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
51 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #701
GodzMustBeCrazy 31 heat pts31
space
space
$6,059 | Props total: 689 689
Just fired it up!!!
 9 years ago '06        #702
StillFree28 27 heat pts27
space
space
$20,492 | Props total: 4802 4802
this game is :wow:....
 9 years ago '04        #703
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
Game informer review is up....

*MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS* I didn't read the article because I didn't want to see a spoiler but I just read what they gave the game...

READ the QUOTES Part at your own risk...

fter years of playing Metal Gear games, I thought I knew the drill: Infiltrate the base, rescue someone, destroy Metal Gear, and f!ght the last boss. This time-tested approach has won the hearts of gamers and earned Metal Gear Solid a spot on the industry’s short list of premiere franchises. But for a game as ambitious and groundbreaking as Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, sticking to the formula simply isn’t good enough. As the crowning achievement of the series’ 20-year history, Hideo Kojima’s final Metal Gear Solid title may not be what you expect, but it is everything you could hope for in a video game.

MGS 4 plays like the kind of game you always knew Metal Gear could be. The reinvented control scheme is the best thing that has ever happened to the series, giving combat a visceral and intuitive edge. Codec interactions are drastically reduced, which puts the focus on the stunning events happening right in front of you. Similar to games like Call of Duty 4 and BioShock, MGS 4 makes excellent use of scripted events during gameplay, like a rebel’s execution at the hands of a PMC trooper, or a Gecko (hulking Metal Gear-like robots) crashing through a building. I doubt you’ll even see them all in a single playthrough.

This series has always showcased amazing depth, but MGS 4 accommodates a breed of player choice unlike anything I have ever seen, providing you with the tools to overcome obstacles in any way you choose. Many titles may claim to have this feature, but its implementation in MGS 4 is truly remarkable. There is no longer just “stealth” or “not stealth” – you devise your own solutions. How do you bypass the Gecko blocking your path? How do you keep a never-ending flood of Frogs (members of Liquid’s private army) at bay? The answers may seem obvious at the time, but when your friends tell you how they approached the situations differently, you realize the scope of the freedom the game provides.

This freedom even transfers over to the boss f!ghts. The Beauty and the Beast unit – gorgeous women traumatized by atrocities of war – is the most compelling and haunting collection of foes Snake has ever faced. Since you have more choice in how and when you acquire most guns, clashes with these disturbing women don’t feel designed around particular weapons (with one awesome exception). They encourage you to experiment with your guns and your surroundings, leading to some harrowing confrontations that leave your knuckles white.

If you’re looking for faults, the only substantial ones involve what isn’t there. In other words, there are a handful of missed opportunities (with Raiden, ironically) where cutscenes could have been replaced with playable sequences, giving your more control over pivotal story points. But when a game already features an abundance of jaw-dropping moments, complaining about not having a couple more just feels petty. Leveling criticism at the multiplayer is equally pointless, since the inclusion of the Metal Gear Online starter pack is really more of a bonus; the core component of MGS 4 is the 20-plus hours of single-player action polished to radiance.

Speaking of the campaign, I know I haven’t mentioned the story yet. That’s not an oversight. As a longtime fan of the series, there are many revelations I’d love to discuss in detail, but any information is too much when it comes to the mind-blowing culmination of events. I’ll just say I’m beyond satisfied and leave it at that.

Where the Metal Gear franchise goes from here is a mystery. Whatever happens, make no mistake: The story of Solid Snake ends here. With the series’ last breath, Hideo Kojima’s defining opus does more than just surpass the previous Metal Gear titles – it creates a landmark gaming experience that continually astounds with its variety, depth, and intelligence. Metal Gear Solid 4 is a masterpiece.
MATTHEW KATO 9.75 / 10

Guns of the Patriots pays off not just because it’s the long-awaited resolution to a saga that has captured my imagination – the game expands its horizons and evolves to deliver the best experience in the series. I’ve always revered this franchise for its superb mix of inventive gameplay and engaging story, and this title exceeds my expectations in both departments. The numerous control improvements and additions allow the game to do things that wouldn’t have worked previously, such as one of my favorite sequences — the open battles between PMC and rebel forces that feature a frantic mix of battlefield chaos, firef!ghts, and stealth. Throw in Gecko and Frog f!ghts, the best boss battles in the series, an army’s worth of customizable weapons, and more than a few gasp-out-loud story moments, and Guns of the Patriots is a triumphant finale that opens up so many doors it feels like it’s just the beginning.
 9 years ago '04        #704
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
Another review this time from GameDaily... again the Quoted part MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS so read at your own risk...

Snake's swan song is a beautiful and intense tour de force, marred only by preachy dialogue and decent shooting.
by Chris Buffa on Thursday, June 12, 2008
Tactical Espionage Action arrives on PlayStation 3, courtesy of Konami's long-awaited Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, which brings an end to one of video game's most memorable characters, mercenary Solid Snake, who is a gray haired old man. An army of gorgeous cut scenes and a beautiful score highlight this memorable third person adventure, which ties up loose ends while weaving new characters and plot twists into the Metal Gear mythos. It's a long-winded tour of duty that, despite its somewhat bland gameplay, offers an unrivaled cinematic experience.

Just because Snake looks like a grandpa doesn't mean he can't k!ll you.Click to see more images from the game...

Snake's adventure begins in the war-torn Middle East, where he slithers through battles in search of his evil twin, the nefarious Liquid, who inhabits the body of MGS villain Revolver Ocelot. In order to k!ll him, Snake must sneak past or engage hundreds of foot soldiers, as well as vanquish expertly designed boss characters, including Vamp (from Metal Gear Solid 2) and the twisted Beauty and the Beast Corps, four terrifying ladies with signature abilities. He gets help from his friend and techo genius, Otacon, who provides Snake with advice and equipment, most notably the delightful OctoCamo, which changes color in real time and blends into the environment. Along the way, he runs into old friends, makes new ones and uncovers more plot twists than a daytime soap.

Despite having one foot in an old age home, Snake doesn't move any slower, nor is he inept at using a weapon. He creeps on his belly, leaps over things and flies through the air, so it's good that Konami elected to make his appearance central to the plot and not the action. Even better, MGS4 has the most stacked armory in franchise history. You'll acquire numerous weapons early and often, including the MP7 Submachine Gun, Tanegashima a.ssault Rifle, an RPG-7 Missile Launcher, the M870 Custom Shotgun, grenades of all types, claymore mines and C4, most of which are upgradeable via Drebin, an arms dealer that exchanges weapons for points you acquire during play. Picking up guns you already own automatically earns points, and you can access Drebin's shop via the Start button and sell unwanted equipment. This will allow you to purchase more exotic guns as well as scopes, fore grips, bullets, laser and dot sights. Drebin also comes in handy when you need to unlock weapons; outdated nano machines in Snake's body prevent him from using certain guns.

Although over the shoulder and first person perspective action is fun, the combat doesn't produce the same visceral experience that other shooters possess. Scoring headshots earn you instant k!lls, but repeatedly shooting someone in their legs or chest yields no physical effect, as bad guys stand there absorbing punishment. This is ridiculous compared to the upcoming Resident Evil 5, where enemies fall when shot in the leg or rocked backwards after taking a round to the shoulder. Furthermore, we came upon a gun turret, only to discover that we had no evildoers to shoot. There's no point putting a turret into a game if you won't let us use it.

With that said, the Metal Gear series isn't known for mindless shooting and MGS4 is no exception. You'll get the most enjoyment from finding ways to avoid detection by creating diversions and utilizing OctoCamo as well as the Solid Eye, a device that enables Snake to see in the dark via infrared, as well as zoom in on faraway targets. On the downside, enemies act ridiculous when they bump into camouflaged Snake. A guy will run into him, scope out the scene and then leave. OctoCamo doesn't obscure Snake's head, so it makes no sense why enemies would run into a mostly invisible object and find nothing strange about it.

If you must f!ght the enemy, you can always incapacitate them with tranquilizer darts or sneaking up from behind and knocking them out. Most enemies hold valuable items, so it pays to check them before moving on. In fact, Metal Gear Solid 4 has numerous goodies to collect, including ramen noodles, rations, bullets and even Playboy magazines, which Snake can admire. In series tradition, he can slip underneath a cardboard box to avoid detection, but now he can also hop into a rusty barrel and roll around (doing this for too long makes him barf). And despite his age, he's hip with an iPod (characters have Apple computers in cut scenes), which you can equip and then listen to soundtracks from previous Metal Gear video games during play. There are also references to producer Hideo Kojima (a box says "No Room for Hideo") and his video games (Otacon has Zone of the Enders wallpaper on his computer screen).

Hope you love watching games instead of playing them. MGS4 has long yet enjoyable cut scenes.Click to see more images from the game...

All of this combines to form a powerful game that's just as thrilling as the summer's best movies, but like all Metal Gears, there's a bitter sweet ingredient that at times makes the game hard to digest. Confusing commercials that play between acts raise question marks, and some of the cut scenes are unbearably long, thanks to characters rambling about nothing in particular. This winds up damaging the game, since Konami uses awkward pacing to tell the story. At times, you'll watch a long cut scene, play for a few minutes and then watch another. You can skip them, but then you'd deprive yourself of the storytelling, admittedly the game's best feature.

With four difficulty levels, enjoyable stealth based play and plenty of over the top action, Metal Gear Solid 4 is one of the best PlayStation 3 games. That said, its features, acceptable 10 years ago, seem foolish given the better playing games on the market. Snake's epic, final act just isn't the triple A extravaganza we expected, and it's clear that if Konami intends to continue this franchise or spin off into something new, it needs to study its competition and evolve, delivering shorter cut scenes and superior shooting. But for now, this is one of the most important games in history and you'll dig its cool boss battles, at times witty dialogue and unrivaled sneaking mechanics. Just be sure to keep a magazine handy when those cut scenes get ridiculous.

[Editor's Note: We were unable to access MGS4's online mode, Metal Gear Online, due to Konami's nonsensical sign up process, which forces gamers to create a Konami ID independent of their PlayStation IDs. Its system was unable to register us after repeated attempts, and we will revisit this exciting mode as soon as it works.]
Our Final Score
Good

[pic - click to view]

06-12-2008, 03:21 PM         #705
iamcrackmuzik 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I played it for an hr earlier today.....

so far this is the GOTY....I can't see gears or resistance topping this

but the story is a little iffy...they have that ridiculous metal gear solid 2 sh*t goin on
 9 years ago '05        #706
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Dam im mad i cant get this ish till tommorow night fu*k man. Tough choice between this or some new SB Dunks.
 9 years ago '05        #707
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,061 | Props total: 10743 10743

[pic - click to view]

'

Ken Kutaragi and Kojima need to bow to me... the sh*t i just went through today to get this mufu*ka (and i'm not talkin about goin from store to store neither)

:finger:
 9 years ago '06        #708
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
i was gonna cop the PS3 Bundle, but i had to buy a phone, gotta pay for upcoming tests, gotta get my Wii modded, gotta pay for driving school soon, gotta get ready to pay for school soon, gotta pay some hookers, gotta get ready to buy a new PC or laptop, gotta buy some drawers, gotta buy some new fly a.ss K-Swiss's, go to Acapulco, raise my high score in flOw, etc. you know...might get this soon if i get a job this summer though.
 9 years ago '06        #709
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
ayo P.

nobody cares about your water pump issues except me bi*ch.

06-12-2008, 03:59 PM         #710
Complete Game 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P-Hill said:

[pic - click to view]

'

Ken Kutaragi and Kojima need to bow to me... the sh*t i just went through today to get this mufu*ka (and i'm not talkin about goin from store to store neither)

hey whats ur psn id
 9 years ago '05        #711
GodzMustBeCrazy 31 heat pts31
space
space
$6,059 | Props total: 689 689
Damn I suck at stealth games...
 9 years ago '06        #712
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,310 | Props total: 1078 1078
 P-Hill said:

[pic - click to view]

'

:applause:
 9 years ago '05        #713
natural 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,954 | Props total: 3 3
 iamcrackmuzik said:
I played it for an hr earlier today.....

so far this is the GOTY....I can't see gears or resistance topping this

but the story is a little iffy...they have that ridiculous metal gear solid 2 sh*t goin on
i knew the story would be kind of out there because Kojima said he was tightening up all the loose ends, so i'm sure the end of the game will be like :applause::jawdrop::jawdrop: :omg: :omg: :hang::wtf:

Last edited by natural; 06-12-2008 at 04:26 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #714
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,662 | Props total: 515 515
P HILL welcome to the darkside.
 06-12-2008, 05:38 PM         #715
DACMONSTA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ego maniac welcome to the darkside... natural or jtizzle or whatever your name is welcome my friend welcome to the (darkside)
 9 years ago '04        #716
# 58 
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 100 100
good sh*t, p

got to hit me up with that psn when you playing mgo
 9 years ago '06        #717
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
am i the only one who thinks the online kinda sucks?
 9 years ago '07        #718
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,858 | Props total: 2375 2375
Damn, I just finished the meeting with Drebin and this game is fire. I really like the shooting and everything has been great so far.
 9 years ago '05        #719
Hydroman 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,071 | Props total: 1184 1184
I'm seeing a few reviews that are giving this game an "8", and I'm like WTF??? This game has some of the highest production values I've seen in a LOOOOOONG time. I'm still on the first act, but DAMN I'm blown away!
 9 years ago '04        #720
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 170 170
just got in from a long a.ss day with my bundle... might start tonight, def tomorrow to see what everyone is talkin about...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
24 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy