Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Thread (Any spoilers without warning = automatic ban)

most viewed right now
 157
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 87
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 65
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 52
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
80 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 06-11-2008, 06:17 AM         #621
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption81 said:
Seriously fam, stop using that bullsh*t excuse. If the BD drive was as fast as a DVD drive this would not be going on or M$ would have did it last gen with the Original Xbox. That system's HDD was standard as well, and yes they were installing sh*t on PCs back then too. That being said who even complained about it to spark your response? Why are you so fu*king defensive?
PC games use DVD drive and many of them still pre-install.

- point for being a blind stan
 10 years ago '05        #622
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$37,081 | Props total: 10757 10757
 intoxicated662 said:
I also agree that they should of just done it all at once in the beginning. Leaves you time to watch tv, listen to music or do something else while it installs. That way you can get straight to gameplay later on and not worry about an install here and there. by the way, any way to get a limited edition or were those only pre order? everyone just selling the regular $59.99 one in my area.
I'm not so sure about that... I think it's smart on konami's part.... spread out the installs through the game itself so the initial install isn't CRAZY long... plus, the cut scenes that they are showing during the installs are vital to the story it self so they were gonna have to show those cut scenes anyway, so why not?
 10 years ago '04        #623
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
avatar space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Metalzoa said:
PC games use DVD drive and many of them still pre-install.

- point for being a blind stan
My statement has to do with CONSOLES and not PCs. This is in direct response to the fact that installs would be standard on a CONSOLE with a standard HDD which was not the case. Blind Stan, Ok. When a couple of posts earlier I said I didn't mind the 30 minute DMC4 install. Who's the Stan here? You might want to take a look in the mirror defensive guy.


Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 06-11-2008 at 07:08 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #624
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
avatar space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 P-Hill said:
I'm not so sure about that... I think it's smart on konami's part.... spread out the installs through the game itself so the initial install isn't CRAZY long... plus, the cut scenes that they are showing during the installs are vital to the story it self so they were gonna have to show those cut scenes anyway, so why not?
The way it's being done during cutscenes is hot, I wish every dev did that because most games have some type of cutscene to set the game off, but I'm just thinking that 16 minutes isn't that long especially if they have a long a.ss cutscene to open the game.
 06-11-2008, 07:33 AM         #625
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption81 said:
My statement has to do with CONSOLES and not PCs. This is in direct response to the fact that installs would be standard on a CONSOLE with a standard HDD which was not the case. Blind Stan, Ok. When a couple of posts earlier I said I didn't mind the 30 minute DMC4 install. Who's the Stan here? You might want to take a look in the mirror defensive guy.
You obviously missed the point that Console or PC, that the accessibility speed of DVD drive is still such that an internal install is required for smooth gaming.

The reason why the 360 does not use it is because that IKEA console has hard-drive as optional with one of it's models. To prevent unwittingly k!lling the support of their hard-drive-less model, they would rather everyone sit through brutal loading times than scrap it. Now both sides of the coin (w/ hd and w/o hd) have to suffer equally so Microsoft does not have to change its sh*tty decision.

You supporting that decision either:

1. are ignorant of the reason why it is done
2. are just a stan and believes Microsoft can do no wrong

Either way, your decision is irrelevant to me. That does not change the fact that install on hard drive has little to do with BluRay being the way it is. COD4 runs smooth as hell without an install, off a bluray disc. Whats up with that?
 10 years ago '04        #626
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
avatar space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Metalzoa said:
You obviously missed the point that Console or PC, that the accessibility speed of DVD drive is still such that an internal install is required for smooth gaming.

The reason why the 360 does not use it is because that IKEA console has hard-drive as optional with one of it's models. To prevent unwittingly k!lling the support of their hard-drive-less model, they would rather everyone sit through brutal loading times than scrap it. Now both sides of the coin (w/ hd and w/o hd) have to suffer equally so Microsoft does not have to change its sh*tty decision.

You supporting that decision either:

1. are ignorant of the reason why it is done
2. are just a stan and believes Microsoft can do no wrong

Either way, your decision is irrelevant to me. That does not change the fact that install on hard drive has little to do with BluRay being the way it is. COD4 runs smooth as hell without an install, off a bluray disc. Whats up with that?
Ikea Console? But, I'm the Stan. It's been said before that the BD drive is much slower than the standard DVD drive, so in order to decrease load times that installs are required. It's also been said that there are ways around this but basically it's just easier development wise to do the install. Either way I don't mind so I don't know where you're getting you Stan comment from. I did not once say that there was anything wrong with installs at all. I said that Joekilla is constantly getting defensive as are you, and he's saying that if the system had a hard drive that installs would be standard which I disagree with. If that's the case, why didn't it happen with the original Xbox?
 10 years ago '06        #627
authenic 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,220 | Props total: 1813 1813
news flash joekilla is dopeman.....
 10 years ago '06        #628
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$13,524 | Props total: 949 949
sooo about metal gear.. anyone goin to the virgin megastore in the city tonight to get a signed copy from kojima?
 06-11-2008, 12:29 PM         #629
MrDan71 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Game375 said:
sooo about metal gear.. anyone goin to the virgin megastore in the city tonight to get a signed copy from kojima?
Virgin Megastore where?? That would be awesome, but I guess I'd already have to be in line as I type this to even get a chance at one.
 10 years ago '04        #630
# 58 
space
avatar space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 100 100
i passed by radioshack today....one of my dude's is working there and i ain't even know it. he put mgs4 on shelves yesterday lol

he don't know sh*t about games or release dates...so he said fu*k it

i'm heated i reserved my sh*t at gamestop...but i got the limited edition,so i don't mind waiting until tomorrow
 06-11-2008, 01:18 PM         #631
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 authenic said:
news flash joekilla is dopeman.....







































































[pic - click to view]

 10 years ago '06        #632
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
:banghead: my girl is comin to town tonight @ midnight :banghead: out of all days her!!!
 10 years ago '05        #633
GodzMustBeCrazy 31 heat pts31
space
avatar space
space
$6,061 | Props total: 699 699
 kuruption81 said:
Ikea Console? But, I'm the Stan. It's been said before that the BD drive is much slower than the standard DVD drive, so in order to decrease load times that installs are required. It's also been said that there are ways around this but basically it's just easier development wise to do the install. Either way I don't mind so I don't know where you're getting you Stan comment from. I did not once say that there was anything wrong with installs at all. I said that Joekilla is constantly getting defensive as are you, and he's saying that if the system had a hard drive that installs would be standard which I disagree with. If that's the case, why didn't it happen with the original Xbox?
For once I have to agree with you...Anyone that has played Motorstorm or f!ght Night will tell you how long it takes for the cars/f!ghters take to show up on the selection screens
 10 years ago '04        #634
Claudinho69 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,016 | Props total: 2056 2056
 KSoraci7 said:
:banghead: my girl is comin to town tonight @ midnight :banghead: out of all days her!!!
I'm hangin up the phone with my bi*ch today at 11:59 pm
 06-11-2008, 02:08 PM         #635
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Snake Install Disc 17
 06-11-2008, 02:09 PM         #636
rundat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
got mine bi*ches !




[pic - click to view]

 10 years ago '04        #637
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
avatar space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 KSoraci7 said:
:banghead: my girl is comin to town tonight @ midnight :banghead: out of all days her!!!
I've been off work for the last six weeks and go back on Monday, so I had four days to play this and the my wife chose to take a week off starting Thursday.
 10 years ago '06        #638
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 kuruption81 said:
I've been off work for the last six weeks and go back on Monday, so I had four days to play this and the my wife chose to take a week off starting Thursday.
Only positive bout this is at least we all gettin our Solid Snake on
 06-11-2008, 02:54 PM         #639
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rundat said:
got mine bi*ches !




[pic - click to view]

..........
 10 years ago '04        #640
fmills15  OP
space
avatar space
space
$1,560 | Props total: 19 19
i think ima get drunk tonight and pick the game up when i recover.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 25
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 21
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
65 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 14
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
34 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 12
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
88 comments
1 day ago
@misc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy