Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Thread (Any spoilers without warning = automatic ban)

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
33 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #561
GodzMustBeCrazy 31 heat pts31
space
space
$6,061 | Props total: 699 699
11. The Art of Stealth

It can’t be emphasized enough; stealth is the key to success in MGS4, just as it was in all previous installments. Certainly there will be times when direct aggression is best or unavoidable – especially in your first playthrough – but for the most part it’s vital that you learn the art of sneaking. How you move and the stance you adopt is of paramount importance. Though there will be occasions when it’s safe for you to run upright without a care in the world, you’ll usually find that it’s best to adopt either the crouch-walk or crawl stance. Bear in mind, though, that you’re far from immune to detection when crouch-walking – it can still be rather noisy, with the reduced Camo rating reflecting Snake’s increased visibility.

Trust your senses and let your ears be your guide. If you can hear Snake pattering across a wooden floor, then so can the enemy. Slow it down, and above all be patient. Crawling is always more effective than crouching in stealth situations. With your body flattened to the floor, making regular pauses to enable the OctoCamo to adapt to new surfaces, you can easily maintain a Camo rating in excess of 65%, even while moving. On the downside, you’re slower to react when crawling on your belly, especially if you’re attacked from close range.

Observation of the enemy is another key aspect of effective sneaking. It won’t matter in the slightest how quiet you are if you inadvertently stumble directly into the path of a patrolling soldier. Take time to observe the enemy’s patterns of movement from behind cover. Careful observation should enable you to figure out when to move and when to stay put. Whether you wish to use this information to bring targets down silently, or merely sneak past when their back is turned, is entirely up to you. It’s also prudent to make use of the gadgets and objects at your disposal. For example, Metal Gear Mk. II is a vital tool for scouting an area without attracting unnecessary attention.

As far as weapons are concerned, nothing arouses the attention and ire of surrounding troops like a deafening hail of machine gun fire. It’s no good diligently crawling with care in full camouflage gear, only to bring the enemy swarming to your position with an ill-judged salvo of bullets. Use of silenced weapons or CQC is absolutely essential. One well-aimed headshot or smoothly-executed CQC attack will fell your quarry instantly and silently, but botched attacks or poor marksmanship can give your target the chance to call for help. A headshot is also more potent with anesthetic weapons – it generally results in a swift takedown, with enemies losing consciousness instantly.

Your Solid Eye’s Night Vision function can be extremely effective when it comes to tracking enemy movements, as it reveals the footprints left by patrolling guards. Don’t overuse NV, though, as it actually emits a low noise while active, and may alert a sharp-eared soldier.

[pic - click to view]

12. Maximizing Battle Efficiency

“Efficiency” actually depends on what your goals are. Naturally, if you’re trying to achieve a no-kill playthrough, you won’t have the same priorities as when your bloodlust dictates that you shoot everyone and everything in sight. But overall, the following tips are true in most instances.

* Aiming for the head works a treat (headshots usually result in instant death/unconsciousness, or increased damage on bosses).
* Using upgraded weapons (scopes, red dots, et al) makes you more accurate and effective.
* When surrounded, activate Auto Aim mode to quickly eliminate all enemies (change targets by pressing left or right on the right analog stick). This is less effective on higher difficulty settings, though.
* Choosing the right location is important. For example, a high vantage point works best if you are sniping, it pays to operate from a defensible position during combat, and picking a secluded spot to silently take down a target is always sensible.
* Press the R3 button to turn Snake to face the camera direction. This even works when he’s lying down or manning a turret.
* Make sure militia/rebel f!ghters are friendly to you by helping them out as much as possible during battles, especially when they ask you to. Make a point of not aiming at or (however inadvertently) shooting them.
* Never f!ght if you’re in a weak or dangerous position, especially a location that exposes you to fire from several directions. If in doubt, bolt for cover.
* Always try to eliminate your most dangerous opponents first. Snipers and turret operators should obviously be your principle targets.
* Be sure to reload frequently to avoid the dreaded “dead man’s click”, and have weapons prepared in reserve for more unrelenting a.ssaults.
* Conserve valuable items and ammo, and try to save your most powerful weapons for the strongest targets.

[pic - click to view]

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots: The Official Guide will be launched on June 12.
Source:

or

Mods move to main thread if you feel the need...
 06-02-2008, 08:42 PM         #562
Young Bastard 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
holy sh*t this game gon be crack
 10 years ago '04        #563
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
I

CANNOT

WAIT!!!!!!

I gotta beat GTA 4 before this comes out.
 06-02-2008, 10:37 PM         #564
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
*does not read*

MEDIA BLACKOUT ON MGS4 began today
 10 years ago '04        #565
Ghost13 
space
space
$2,282 | Props total: 3 3
Damn I can't wait for this game. Probably gonna end up picking it up on Tuesday though. Then I've got Wednesday off so...
 10 years ago '06        #566
swiff epics 3 heat pts
space
space
$577 | Props total: 109 109
i cant wait, i got an expensive two weeks coming though so i hope i can raise the paper to get this too.
 06-04-2008, 09:40 AM         #567
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Quality and Volume is astounding. Fans will like it. Newbies are welcomed through many friendly systems.
Even Gamers that are bad at action games need to play it. MGS Online is included. Cant see a single flaw

Espionage Action and Bossbattles are Intact. Buying Stuff and custumizing is fun
The Cutscenes are astounding and there are many of the,
Online Play is included which is nice

I think there are a little too many cutscenes
Yet You will watch them till the end
Many Extra Content
The Online plays like the main game
A lot of replayability

Octocamo is easy to use
Dont have any problems with the quality of the cutscenes
Too many characters. You will need to play the previous games
Online play is unique

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 06-04-2008 at 09:42 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #568
fmills15  OP
space
space
$1,560 | Props total: 19 19
HA! We are vindicated once again. You may recall when the whole 90-minute MGS4 cut-scene rumor started, and as you can see in that first article, we questioned its validity. Personally, I've seen gamers and even critics over-exaggerating the length of cut-scenes for years, and it's only because of psychology: when our gameplay is interrupted, the interruption always seems to last a lot longer than it really does. This is why people were claiming games like Xenosaga had hour-long cut-scenes all the time, when in fact, the average length was about 15 minutes. It also doesn't help that certain gamers have the attention span of a gnat.

I a.ssumed this phenomenon had taken place again with this rumor, and it seems I was right. After PSW and EDGE claimed there were 90-minute cut-scenes in MSG4, a.ssistant producer Ryan Payton has come forth to completely shoot down this rumor. Here's what he told Kotaku:

I'm surprised nobody has stepped forward to debunk this rumor. There are no 90 minute cutscenes in MGS4. The ending is long, but 90 minutes is a gross exaggeration.

Bingo. We're certain there are going to be some very long cut-scenes in this game, and the ending may even creep close to 45 minutes or an hour or so. But when the rumors began to swirl that multiple cut-scenes lasted an hour and a half, I had to hearken back to the days when some of the insanely ignorant were calling Final Fantasy games "movies," and that they'd rather "play than watch." ...considering FFs take about 40-50 hours to beat, and considering not a one held more than a couple hours of cut-scenes total, this was the type of exaggeration that drove me nuts. It was going to happen again with MGS4, but thankfully, we have a clarification. Thank you, Mr. Payton!

06-07-2008, 12:13 AM         #569
DA REAL SHAKOBE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

:wow::wow::wow:
 10 years ago '04        #570
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 10 years ago '07        #571
Itzike 
space
space
$2,810 | Props total: 407 407
real talk that sh*t is lookin on point. cant wait
 10 years ago '06        #572
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,315 | Props total: 1085 1085
cant wait for thursday
 06-08-2008, 06:31 PM         #573
A.L 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kojima takes a shot at the other Next Generation Consoles in MGS4

06-08-2008, 06:36 PM         #574
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thats straight Ether to 360. LMAO
 06-08-2008, 06:42 PM         #575
-Sniper- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"DRHMRHT OHTAKAHN, GHT A GRIP!RRRRRR!"

classic snake
 10 years ago '07        #576
htownplaya 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,566 | Props total: 0 0
sneak diss
 10 years ago '07        #577
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,859 | Props total: 2377 2377
SHOTS fu*kING FIRED!!!
 10 years ago '05        #578
ACEMAN 
space
space
$2,361 | Props total: 0 0
****points finger @ Microsoft*** "O Shyt! You gonna let yo disrespect u like that?!"
 10 years ago '05        #579
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
I wonder how long an HDD install takes compared to disc swapping?

I know disc swapping takes about 10 seconds... Wait this video is retarded.

-Leaves thread.-
 10 years ago '06        #580
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,315 | Props total: 1085 1085
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy