Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Thread (Any spoilers without warning = automatic ban)

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
260 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
68 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-23-2008, 04:29 PM         #521
_QD_ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sounds good to me
 10 years ago '04        #522
DJKromeX 39 heat pts39
space
space
$1,303 | Props total: 0 0
garbage
 10 years ago '06        #523
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
i dont even have that much space
 10 years ago '04        #524
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2650 2650
 DA DOPEMAN said:
not really out of hand, since you can put any HDD on PS3(devs know this), so this will continue and perhaps get even bigger as time goes by. This is done to help out the performance of the game's loading and makes streaming of the data more optimized. A good tip for folks worrying is that, once you're done with a game, the next step is erasing the cache data it took.
What is outta hand is the fact people are somewhat being forced to go out and buy bigger HD's because of these mandatory downloads.
 10 years ago '06        #525
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
down to 24gb, i needa a bigger harddrive soon :rolleyes:
 05-23-2008, 05:11 PM         #526
unkle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dumb question:

How would you transfer your data from the originŠl hard drive to a bigger one???

Go easy guys....
 10 years ago '05        #527
natural 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,954 | Props total: 3 3
When I transfered all my data from my 40gb HDD to my 160gb I just transfered everything to my iPod first and after i did that I transfered everything back to the new hdd
 05-23-2008, 05:53 PM         #528
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ruff said:
What is outta hand is the fact people are somewhat being forced to go out and buy bigger HD's because of these mandatory downloads.
you can erase the cache data, their is no need to have all the cache data for games you don't play constantly. Also getting a HDD for PS3 is cheap as hell, since you can put any HDD not one mandated by SONY.

This would had been out an of hand situation if it were happening on 360, how much HDD cost for that again?, I don't remember but I know is a ripoff type sh*t and you can't put any HDD like the PS3 right?.

But on the real, basic tip for those worrying, ya just need to delete that cache data for games ya are not playing. Only keep the data for games ya keep playing, I always forget dudes get like 35 gigs or so now with these PS3s today so I understand ya worrying about space. But basically if you're heavy on media/will playing all your games constantly the best thing to do is get 120 or more HDD which are not too pricey if you look around the right places.

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 05-23-2008 at 06:08 PM..
 05-23-2008, 06:00 PM         #529
MrDan71 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you have to delete game cache you can always reinstall it later AFTER you are done with MGS4 or whatever game you are wanting to play. I still have Ridge Racer and its 5gb installed. LOL
 05-23-2008, 06:04 PM         #530
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MrDan71 said:
If you have to delete game cache you can always reinstall it later AFTER you are done with MGS4 or whatever game you are wanting to play. I still have Ridge Racer and its 5gb installed. LOL
Ya, their is no need to keep data on your PS3 from a game you ain't feeling anymore or got rid of. I got a feeling most people don't know you can delete it, some people who got PS3s(casual type dudes) just know about putting the disc in and playing they don't fu*k with all features or whatever on the PS3.

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 05-23-2008 at 06:05 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #531
TaNk85 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,518 | Props total: 1 1
 Fishscale said:
i dont even have that much space
delete those bullsh*ts demo dat get zero play time.
 05-23-2008, 08:21 PM         #532
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people keep demos?
 05-23-2008, 08:48 PM         #533
_QD_ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TaNk85 said:
delete those bullsh*ts demo dat get zero play time.
& deleting some of those pr0no flix helps too.

Last edited by _QD_; 05-23-2008 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: 4got the lotion
 05-25-2008, 08:51 PM         #534
Isaac 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont wanna...thats my stash...
 10 years ago '04        #535
ucantseeme004 58 heat pts58
space
space
$4,102 | Props total: 1 1
15 days...
 05-28-2008, 09:45 AM         #536
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gamepro gave it a perfect score 5/5

Every once in a long while, a game will come along and change all the rules. Final Fantasy VII transformed the RPG genre, Resident Evil helped create a new sub-category of gaming--survival horror--and Grand Theft Auto III single-handedly reshaped the gaming landscape.

And now comes Metal Gear Solid 4, a game whose potential influence on the current state of gaming is nothing short of tectonic.

quotes from the review:

"It sets new standards in graphics, sound, gameplay, and storytelling, and it may be years before it is equaled, let alone surpassed. You will not play a better game this year---maybe even this decade. If you own a PS3 buy this game the day it comes out. And if you don't own a PS3, well, you better start saving your nickels and dimes."

"In the end, everyone's a winner. The Playstation 3 finally gets it's "saviour", Kojima gets his masterpiece, and gamers get one of the best games of all time. And they all lived happily ever after."

10 years ago '04        #537
Krypt 3 heat pts
space
space
$8,318 | Props total: 272 272
IGN UK's review...
 10 years ago '04        #538
fmills15  OP
space
space
$1,560 | Props total: 19 19
i got something nice coming in the vip later today about mgs4 keep ya eyes open for it.

Last edited by fmills15; 05-30-2008 at 01:13 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #539
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,859 | Props total: 2377 2377

Presentation: 10
Graphics: 10
Sound: 10
Gameplay: 10
Lasting Appeal: 9.5

9.9 Overall

Closing Comments:

If youíve ever loved any one of the Metal Gear games, or any moments from the series, there will come a moment when MGS 4 will send your spirits soaring. If youíve loved them all, well then thereíll be many, many more. Itís a masterpiece. But forget you read that. Go play it and find out for yourself. Because itís the kind of game that, if you play it after being told itís a masterpiece, might end up disappointing you because of the hype. So forget the hype. Forget that itís a magnificent, ground-breaking, masterpiece. Just play it, and enjoy a dazzling, heart-lifting, voyage of discovery.

Last edited by Syringe; 05-30-2008 at 07:33 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #540
htownplaya 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,566 | Props total: 0 0
congratulations!!
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Woj: "Very unlikely Paul George stays in OKC"
73 comments
1 day ago