Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Thread (Any spoilers without warning = automatic ban)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
15 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #501
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 DA DOPEMAN said:
^nah is actually 90 minute cutscenes, now we don't know if this means THE ENDING (which would be fine, an Epic hollywood movie ending is what Snake deserves) or MAJOR PLOTS parts (mid game) but I am willing to bet thats what it is not constant 90 minute cutscenes.

the game is 29+ hours long(EGM played it), I expected cutscenes to be larger then before because Kojima had 50 gigs of play space to put longer Audiovisual cutscenes like he likes, but now is HD(tons of space).

I hear the game OVERALL has 9 hours of cutscenes, Kojima went all out making this last saga of snake the most cinematic one ever. Like they said this MGS will close the chapter and answer everything.
:wow: well thats just insane, whateva i'll enjoy every second:applause:
 10 years ago '05        #502
Doe Stacks 
space
space
$4,702 | Props total: 130 130
 +HydrO+ said:
hope you can skip these
I heard u should be able to skip and pause the cut scenes..I'll try to find the source.
 05-23-2008, 12:37 PM         #503
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Read the article, towards the bottom it tells you CAN skip them, but why would you?(first time play I mean). I hope the game has a theater mode where you could watch all 9 hours and it feels like watching a movie or something, that would be dope.

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 05-23-2008 at 12:38 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #504
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 1403 1403
ima enjoy those cut scenes..sh*t i remember playing snake eater..was like a fu*king movie
 05-23-2008, 12:47 PM         #505
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KSoraci7 said:
:wow: well thats just insane, whateva i'll enjoy every second:applause:
ya man, but would expect anything else from Kojima and 50 gigs of space?

btw here is the proof of that 9 hours of Cutscenes in MGS4. The ratings board in the UK rated it "15", the site gives you the info as to why it got that rating. Also shows you the run time overall of all the in game cutscenes in the game, which ran at total of "545 minutes, 47 seconds" aka 9 hours 47 seconds

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 05-23-2008 at 12:51 PM..
 05-23-2008, 12:56 PM         #506
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PhrozenMenace said:
ima enjoy those cut scenes..sh*t i remember playing snake eater..was like a fu*king movie
yA, that last parts were epic, from THE CHASE on I was like:wow::wow::wow:, that was one of the best gaming moments right there, the first time I felt like I was playing a game's cutscene not just watching.

This the best gaming moment in my gaming for me last gen, I had to pause to catch my breath after realizing I was actually going to be part of this last amazing moments of MGS3

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 05-23-2008 at 01:02 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #507
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
space
$14,964 | Props total: 4669 4669
Damn good sh*t can't wait.
 10 years ago '05        #508
TaNk85 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,518 | Props total: 1 1
 KSoraci7 said:
Perfect for an L session
not really unless u wanna zone out t he entire 90 minutes
 10 years ago '04        #509
Krypt 3 heat pts
space
space
$8,318 | Props total: 266 266

[pic - click to view]

Yes, Metal Gear Solid 4 is apparently joining the pre-installation club! The game will be added to the growing list of games (like GT5 Prologue, We Love Golf, Devil May Cry 4, Haze, GTA IV, etc) that require PS3 hard drive installation. According to the display copy MGS4 boxart, the game needs a 4.6 GB installation. So all you other installation games, be sure to give MGS4 a warm welcome!

~Kotaku
 10 years ago '06        #510
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 TaNk85 said:
not really unless u wanna zone out t he entire 90 minutes
I don't smoke beasters

L + MGS4 = GOD
 10 years ago '05        #511
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
thats not bad at all..load that sh*t up..hit a buffet..come back just in time loaded
 10 years ago '05        #512
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
 DA DOPEMAN said:
yA, that last parts were epic, from THE CHASE on I was like:wow::wow::wow:, that was one of the best gaming moments right there, the first time I felt like I was playing a game's cutscene not just watching.

This the best gaming moment in my gaming for me last gen, I had to pause to catch my breath after realizing I was actually going to be part of this last amazing moments of MGS3

some good times...remember that part where you were in that misty water..with the soldiers you k!lled coming towards you in all sorts of directions? that scene right there was classic
 05-23-2008, 02:31 PM         #513
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Coolio
 10 years ago '05        #514
Doe Stacks 
space
space
$4,702 | Props total: 130 130
This is getting a bit out of hand..feel bad for those with no disk space left. My roomate got a 500gb drive so Im str8.
 10 years ago '06        #515
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
im cool as long as it let u press x to skip it
 05-23-2008, 03:49 PM         #516
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
not really out of hand, since you can put any HDD on PS3(devs know this), so this will continue and perhaps get even bigger as time goes by. This is done to help out the performance of the game's loading and makes streaming of the data more optimized. A good tip for folks worrying is that, once you're done with a game, the next step is erasing the cache data it took.

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 05-23-2008 at 03:53 PM..
 05-23-2008, 03:58 PM         #517
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PhrozenMenace said:
some good times...remember that part where you were in that misty water..with the soldiers you k!lled coming towards you in all sorts of directions? that scene right there was classic
ya man that was some wild sh*t, do you remember SNAKES DREAM?, sh*t was on some DMC sh*t or something(perhaps thats what Kojima will do next???)

10 years ago '05        #518
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,260 | Props total: 2441 2441
that gives me time to pack another bong bowl and grab another beer from tha fridge.
 05-23-2008, 04:20 PM         #519
A.L 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Arumor was flying around the internet that MGS4 would have 90 minute cut-scenes. Well a Gamepro editor says this rumor is false.

"I've beat the game twice, and am the author of the forthcoming [GamePro] review," Shuman said. "Ninety-minute-long cinemas in MGS4 sounds like an exaggeration. Like the other MGS games, MGS4 definitely has a cinematic quality. And yes, some of the cut-scenes in the game are elaborate and occasionally lengthy. But not a one, to my recollection, even approaches 90 minutes."

10 years ago '05        #520
gordo 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,483 | Props total: 0 0

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DA DOPEMAN again.
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
226 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
46 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now