Who is the funniest stand up comedian of all time??

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
68 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 04-10-2008, 09:27 AM         #101
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
At the end of the day American comedy is renound for being slapstick and targeted at retards. Especially Black American comedy.

So i'll always win.
 10 years ago '04        #102
Rae 
space
space
$1,315 | Props total: 319 319
Richard Pryor
 10 years ago '04        #103
Jaysin_305 78 heat pts78
space
space
$3,313 | Props total: 255 255
rich and dave
 10 years ago '04        #104
BrBHZ 8 heat pts
space
space
$16,236 | Props total: 3056 3056
 r a n c i d said:
From radio shows to tv shows to stand ups. He does it all, and he does it as good as your favourite comedian.

I'm saying comic, as a whole. And there is NO American, black or white, who's ever come close to Ricky as a comic.
so you are saying hands down Ricky Gervias is the funniest comic ever because he is successful in more than one medium?

EDIT: besides the thread title says stand up... and if you really want to go there. My favorites honestly werent allowed on TV in thier prime. Pryor had a show but NBC pulled it with the quickness. Carlin cant do TV outside of his stand up show because of his views..studio heads

r a n c i d said:
At the end of the day American comedy is renound for being slapstick and targeted at retards. Especially Black American comedy.

So i'll always win.
what do you watch comic view? Its not the audience its the a.sses who put that stuff on

Honestly its your opinion and everyone is gonna differ when you ask an open ended question like "who's your favorite...".

but when saying stuff like that you are just coming across as an a.ss...

Its like me saying "All British comics are pompous and pretentious d*cks"..(which isnt true)

Last edited by BrBHZ; 04-10-2008 at 12:55 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #105
tacuna 320 12 heat pts12
space
space
$4,126 | Props total: 1350 1350
Pryor,C.K., and John Witherspoon
 10 years ago '08        #106
shaolinchamp 1 heat pts
space
space
$260 | Props total: 74 74
its hard to say,so many different styles. i like mitch hedberg (rip)
 04-10-2008, 05:32 PM         #107
804jow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:

So i'll always win.

yeah, and British comedy is renown for guys dressin up like women. most "black american comedy"(your words) is aimed at black people because they can relate but that doesn't mean that others can't relate.....thats just the target audience. who the hell does slapstick anymore?.........that sh*t went out wit d*ck van dyke
 04-10-2008, 06:08 PM         #108
camron34  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Richard Pryor was the king of comedy on stage, but there are some other old school legends. Redd Foxx, Rudy Ray Moore(Dolemite), Paul Mooney(who worked and wrote for Pryor and many others) and yes, George Carlin all paved the way for guys like Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle(to me, Chappelle is the best right now) Steve Harvey, Cedric, and Bernie Mac...

Females, old school, I'd have to say LaWanda Page(Aunt Esther on Sanford and Son) and now, it's without question Monique.. Check out Monique in that Showtime special when she talking to an all-female prison crowd.. Funny stuff..
 10 years ago '04        #109
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
Chris Rock is my favorite because he's funny as fu*k, but the sh*t he be saying is so true to life. Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor would round out my top three.
 04-11-2008, 05:33 AM         #110
DIRTY GERMZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
doug stanhope is fu*ken hilarious!
 10 years ago '08        #111
Shaz2003 1 heat pts
space
space
$838 | Props total: 1 1
 r a n c i d said:
No, it isn't.

You don't relate to Ricky Gervais? Why don't you relate to him, have you even see him? He doesn't restrict himself to race or a certain cateogry of people. He makes intelligent comedy... If you honestly can't 'relate' then you're just fu*king stupid... BAsically.

And nobody is saying it's about race. African American isn't a race, it's an ethnic group. I'd sh*t on European Americans if the majority of people replying were naming European Americans, but they aren't, they're namingAfrican Americans... And American comedians are sh*te full stop.

And if you like Russel Peters you're opinion is invalid. He's one of the WORST comedians of modern times.

Honestly why in the hell would I want to watch a comedian who makes looooong overly drawn out jokes. Yea this guy Gervais is semi funny but why the hell would I watch him for 20 mins to get a laugh or two, when I could go watch ChrisRock or Dave Chapelle and laugh right away.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
60 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy