Who is the funniest stand up comedian of all time??

most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-08-2008, 09:19 PM         #81
MercilousMadman  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RICHARD PRYOR...hands down
 04-08-2008, 10:24 PM         #82
E.Point  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Davida.b. said:
OMG I just realized....noone's mentioned RODNEY-MUTHAfu*kIN-DANGERFIELD!!

Man, the poor guy really doesn't get any respect. RIP.
My only question is why did it take 63 replies before anyone mentioned him, and what about Don Rickels? OLd as hell but funnier than 90 percent of everyone named in here.

1-Richard Pryor
2-Rodney Dangerfield
3-Chris Rock

Carlin is very very funny, but hes gone to far from being a stand up comedian, its like when I watch new sh*t of his now, he has to have some double meaning or message or fu*k you to the man. thats fine and all but, sh*t dude tell some jokes.

DANE COOK IS NOT FUNNY!!!!!!

r a n c i d said:
Also. Name me an African American comic, or American comic who's ever come close to touching likes of say Ricky Gervais?
RICHARD PRYOR & RODNEY DANGERFIELD. I could keep going but thtas all I need to name.

I like Ricky Gervais, The office is some of the funniest stuff ever written, same goes for Extras. but rancid, Gervais aint touching the level of funny that Pryor & Dangerfield had. Was Gervais ever a stand-up? and I bet, if anyone asked him, he(gervais) would probably tell you he couldnt hold a candle to Dangerfield or Pryor.

rancid said:
Of course respect must be payed to the legends of (Black)comedy that are your Richard Pryors and Martin Lawrences; But truth be told, African American comedy in general is recycled sh*te that all sounds the same.

It might as well be a sub genre of stand up comedy it's so alike.
Man your a fu*king clown, there is no black or white comedy...theres just comedy, and Richard and Rodney are the KINGS of it. if you dont believe me just go download "That n*ggas Crazy" & "Son of No Respect".

richard aint as funny as ricky, you've gone "sodding mad, mate"
 04-08-2008, 10:39 PM         #83
Georgia_boi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
classic d.l

Last edited by Georgia_boi; 04-08-2008 at 10:40 PM..
 04-09-2008, 10:26 AM         #84
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 yumflip said:
Fukk kinda life you, Jaytaylorlfc, & tweedle have. Y'all run to every thread to stunt on the US. For something that's beneath you, you sure spend a ton of time obsessing over it. Anywho....

Richard Pryor is the comedians comedian. Storytelling?...Check. One Liners?...Check. Political Humor?....Check. Topical Humor?....Check. The single most influential stand up humorist ever. Ain't nobody even disputes this. Even his own peers & competition. Nobody k!lled like Pryor. Ever. Quit being such a schill for the UK & acknowledge the plain truth.
When have i put down Richard Pryor?

But if you want to go there, the guy is surely heavily over rated because of the era he came from.

Of course he paved the way for alot of new guys(the majority of whom are sh*t), but that means nothing. Because at the end of the day if he arrived on the scene today, he'd just be another comedian.

It's really that simple. He was legendary in his prime, his prime happened to be when stand up comedy was mostly sh*t though.

And there isn't black or white comedy, you're right, nobody says there is. But you're kidding yourself if you don't think African-American stand up should be a genre in itself. 99/100 of African-American stand ups are clones of each other, who use the same immature and slap stick gags, to entertain the same idiots who pay to see them, example being most people in this thread replying.
 04-09-2008, 11:08 AM         #85
PetedaSmete  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
chris rock hands down
 10 years ago '08        #86
Ghandi80 
space
space
space
$122 | Props total: 3 3
Red Foxx is the greatest. Nuff Said
 10 years ago '05        #87
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,965 | Props total: 3222 3222
 r a n c i d said:
When have i put down Richard Pryor?

But if you want to go there, the guy is surely heavily over rated because of the era he came from.

Of course he paved the way for alot of new guys(the majority of whom are sh*t), but that means nothing. Because at the end of the day if he arrived on the scene today, he'd just be another comedian.

It's really that simple. He was legendary in his prime, his prime happened to be when stand up comedy was mostly sh*t though.

And there isn't black or white comedy, you're right, nobody says there is. But you're kidding yourself if you don't think African-American stand up should be a genre in itself. 99/100 of African-American stand ups are clones of each other, who use the same immature and slap stick gags, to entertain the same idiots who pay to see them, example being most people in this thread replying.
And you're crazy to think that un-emotional white guys who try too hard and have no delivery in their jokes aren't a genre in themselves either.
 04-09-2008, 01:51 PM         #88
Mr. Sin*is*ter  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My personal favorites-

Richard Pryor
George Carlin
Paul Mooney
Chris Rock
Louis C.K.
Lewis Black
Bill Maher
Ricky Smiley

THEN it's some white guy who had a special on HBO, I keep forgetting his

name but dude was k!llin' it........I wish I could remember his name........
 04-09-2008, 02:49 PM         #89
PetedaSmete  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:

Black American comedians are some of the worst around.

The majority of them can't say anything half funny without abusing race related jokes.

American comedy is well behind the times, by about 30 years.

I suppose like said though, they've got Carlin and Hicks.

One of my favourites at the moment is Jimmy Carr, albeit he isn't the most thought provoking of comedians, his talent of delivering laughs a sentence is all but untouched

And of course then there's Billy Connoly, Bill Bailey, Ricky Gervais, Marcus Brigstocke, Dara Obrien, Dylan Moran, Eddie Izzard, Adam Hills etc
that dude wasn't funny at all.
 10 years ago '04        #90
BrBHZ 8 heat pts
space
space
$16,231 | Props total: 3003 3003
 r a n c i d said:
Also. Name me an African American comic, or American comic who's ever come close to touching likes of say Ricky Gervais?

You've got who, Dave Chapelle? Chapelle bows in the presence of men like Ricky.

Pryor and Carlin, both were waaaay ahead of thier time and for the most part outside of the mainstream. At thier peaks they were loved (and hated) by millions..

...and I like Gervais hes hilarious but its honestly a matter of personal taste. both he and Chappelle are talented and funny in two in thier own way..

and the whole black american comedian thing.yeah their are sh*tty ones...but for every one sh*tty black comic there is a carrot top or pauly shore....

Ever think that its not for you. you simply cant relate to it....a white(im guessing) Brit.

Last edited by BrBHZ; 04-09-2008 at 03:10 PM..
 04-09-2008, 03:32 PM         #91
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
George Carlin, his comedy was more original than the typical black guys being named here (Murphy, Rock, Chappele) and their played out stereotype comedy.
 04-09-2008, 03:41 PM         #92
PetedaSmete  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
George Carlin, his comedy was more original than the typical black guys being named here (Murphy, Rock, Chappele) and their played out stereotype comedy.
because being anti government and bashing religion isn't played out. :rolleyes:
 10 years ago '05        #93
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,965 | Props total: 3222 3222
Fact of the matter is who really cares who is original and who isnt? I cant stand a lot of the comedians I see on comedy central cause it's like they try to be so different that they arent even funny. They try way too hard to do something with their jokes that sometimes you may go "Thats clever" but they barely ever cause you to laugh.
 10 years ago '08        #94
svvt14 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,443 | Props total: 146 146
Pryor, Murphy,Lawrence,Rock,Chappelle,Fox,Lopez,Carlin
 04-09-2008, 05:17 PM         #95
dark kent  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
mooney, chappelle, lawrence, and my big boy ralphie may lol
 04-09-2008, 06:33 PM         #96
804jow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Georgia_boi said:
Who do u think the funniest male or female??? I would Have to say D.L. Hughley Thats a funny mutha fu*ka.
D.L. Hughley funny as hell but u reachin wit that one.

I'ma have to say Eddie Murphy......then Pryor

Pryor was like dr.J and Eddie was like Mike
 04-09-2008, 07:46 PM         #97
Davida.b.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
LMAO at the names being listed.

You can tell blatantly we're on a Hip Hop forum full of pre-teen Eminem fans.

Katt Williams? Katt Williams!? What the fu*k has Katt William ever done to be listed as a top 500 comedian, nevermind funniest of all time?
Never said Katt was the top. Said I thought he was funny, which he is IMO. All the best comedians (aside from Dangerfield :banghead:) were already mentioned.
 10 years ago '08        #98
Shaz2003 1 heat pts
space
space
$838 | Props total: 1 1
It's all a matter of what you can relate to. I don't relate to Ricky Gervais or had I ever heard of him before this thread but everyone in here has heard of Richard Pryor, Martin Lawrence, or Dave Chappelle but it's definitely not about race I like Russel Peters, Adam Sandler, and John Leguizamo too.
 04-10-2008, 09:20 AM         #99
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BrBHZ said:
Pryor and Carlin, both were waaaay ahead of thier time and for the most part outside of the mainstream. At thier peaks they were loved (and hated) by millions..

...and I like Gervais hes hilarious but its honestly a matter of personal taste. both he and Chappelle are talented and funny in two in thier own way..

and the whole black american comedian thing.yeah their are sh*tty ones...but for every one sh*tty black comic there is a carrot top or pauly shore....

Ever think that its not for you. you simply cant relate to it....a white(im guessing) Brit.
You're off your head. I'm not saying Gervais is the best stand up.

I'm saying comic, as a whole. And there is NO American, black or white, who's ever come close to Ricky as a comic.

From radio shows to tv shows to stand ups. He does it all, and he does it as good as your favourite comedian.

I think alot of you guys are getting far too emotional. I can't relate to it? I can relate to alot of it. If i can relate to Pryor and Lawrence, why can't i relate to the rest of African American comedians? They're carbon copies of the 2 i just named... It's because they're sh*tE, nothing to do with relating.

But yes, if you want to go there. That's the sign of a weak comedian. Someone who's only able to connect and engage with a certain group of people.
 04-10-2008, 09:22 AM         #100
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Shaz2003 said:
It's all a matter of what you can relate to. I don't relate to Ricky Gervais or had I ever heard of him before this thread but everyone in here has heard of Richard Pryor, Martin Lawrence, or Dave Chappelle but it's definitely not about race I like Russel Peters, Adam Sandler, and John Leguizamo too.
No, it isn't.

You don't relate to Ricky Gervais? Why don't you relate to him, have you even see him? He doesn't restrict himself to race or a certain cateogry of people. He makes intelligent comedy... If you honestly can't 'relate' then you're just fu*king stupid... BAsically.

And nobody is saying it's about race. African American isn't a race, it's an ethnic group. I'd sh*t on European Americans if the majority of people replying were naming European Americans, but they aren't, they're namingAfrican Americans... And American comedians are sh*te full stop.

And if you like Russel Peters you're opinion is invalid. He's one of the WORST comedians of modern times.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
40 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
92 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
51 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
31 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy