Alpine Type R or Type X??

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
78 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
10 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
208 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1
18617 pageviews
26 comments

hnic247 
space
space
$321 | Props total: 0 0
Alpine Type R or Type X??

Should i get 2 alpine type r's for $250 or 2 type x's for $426 ???...ne body???

26 comments for "Alpine Type R or Type X??"

10 years ago '07        #2
shaoli 
space
space
space
$35 | Props total: 0 0
the type x is hot thats what you should rock wit
 04-03-2008, 02:40 PM         #3
biggdoggbbc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
depends, how much do u want to spend and how loud do u want?
if you're lookin to blow the doors off your car then go for the type x, but with the right amp you can get dam good sound out of the type r
 10 years ago '04        #4
Barcode 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,145 | Props total: 27 27
Depends on you.
 10 years ago '04        #5
hnic247  OP
space
space
iight should i get 1 type x or 2 type r's????
 10 years ago '04        #6
Barcode 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,145 | Props total: 27 27
I like the look of 2 subs in the trunk
but you probably can get that one X
to bang better than the R's.
 10 years ago '06        #7
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
It's all about what sound you're wanting.

Type X's will sound better, but the Type R's would be louder.

But it all depends on how you install them.

Personally, I'd take the X's, but I'm more into sound quality.
 04-04-2008, 11:59 AM         #8
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'd do the type r's if your on a low budget because they will require less upgrades if compared to the type x's sub/sub

if you have the money to put in all the electrical upgrades i'd do 2 type x's

you will get a hell of a lot more output from 2 type r's than 1 type x, but if you go with 2 type x's you'll end up having to do a lot more electrical upgrades

so basicly it all depends on if you want more sound quality or more spl
i know a lot of people consider type r's spl based but i would consider them more sql if in a great box
one
GhosT

Last edited by GhosT; 04-04-2008 at 12:01 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #9
hnic247  OP
space
space
electrical upgrade u talkin bout da battery in da truck n sh*t like that?
 04-04-2008, 04:15 PM         #10
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
batteries, alternator, wire upgrades, the whole 9 yards
each type x will need a bare minimum of 1000w rms each, so 2000w rms to the pair, and honestly those sub's should really se no less than about 1500-2000w rms each so your looking at 3000-4000w rms for the pair, no stock electrical upgrade will handle that

now for the type r's you need a bare minimum of 500w rms to each that 1000w rms for the pair, and you can honestly do a constant 1000w rms to each if you set your gains right and aren't clipping the signal, so now your looking at 2000w rms.

bottom line the type r's are a better bang for the buck if you can't afford to do major electrical upgrades. they are more realistic in most cases
one
GhosT
 04-16-2008, 06:38 AM         #11
threesix716 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i had 2 type r's (12's) with a 1000.1 alpine v12 amp and loved them. they sounded great with the 1000.1 but they can handle a 1500w amp with ease or even 2000 between them if you know what your doin. also i knew a guy with 1 12 type x with same amp as me and i dont think it hit as hard. i think it needed more watts but both setups were in different boxes and vehicles so that could be the difference. i just know that x's are power hungry.
 04-16-2008, 11:14 AM         #12
dcole18 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im not trying to be a d*ck or anything but all you ppl sayin the X's are louder subs are retarded...
 04-17-2008, 12:30 AM         #13
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dcole18 said:
im not trying to be a d*ck or anything but all you ppl sayin the X's are louder subs are retarded...
exaclty what i've been trying to say

x's=sq based (better sound)
r's=spl based (louder)

a 12" type r in a box built to specs getting the rms power will be louder than a 12" type x in a box built to spec getting the rms power

unless the type r is in a horrible box and gettting nowhere near the right amoutn of power and if the type x is in a phenominal box with optimal power there is no way a type x will be louder than a type r

one
GhosT
 10 years ago '04        #14
slimyellow 4 heat pts
space
space
$13,110 | Props total: 1150 1150
 GhosT said:

r's=spl based (louder)

a 12" type r in a box built to specs getting the rms power will be louder than a 12" type x in a box built to spec getting the rms power

unless the type r is in a horrible box and gettting nowhere near the right amoutn of power and if the type x is in a phenominal box with optimal power there is no way a type x will be louder than a type r

one
GhosT
so with those 2 type Rs, whats the "BEST" amp requirements to look for to run those??
 04-17-2008, 10:49 AM         #15
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
for 2 type r's you want an amps rms rating of 1000-2000w

without knowing what coil cofiguration the type r's are i can't recommend an amp or power at what load
one
GhosT
 10 years ago '04        #16
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,519 | Props total: 55 55
 GhosT said:

r's=spl based (louder)

one
GhosT
I have a type-x 12 in my car, pushed by a MRD M1000 ... 1ot power cable, and it outperformed the type-r I used to have in the car ... dunno what you guys are talking about. Might have been a slight difference in the frequency it was tuned to, but still ... the type-x outperforms the type-r in pretty much all aspects ... if you want it to get real low, type-x ... better sql go with type x and if you are going for spl it is pretty much a wash but I love the output from my type-x over the type-r in SPL as well. This is my personal opinion from owning and beating the sh*t out of both sub woofers at different times.

But yea, if you don't got the money for electrical upgrades ... the type-r's will do just fine.
 04-19-2008, 01:13 PM         #17
lil sticky 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ive never heard type r's before but i jus have 1 12 type x n its loud as sh!t.i put a zx1000.1 on it n i got it turned 1/3 up n my roof n back window flex like crazy. it might cost u a bit more but id say its worth it. check out techronics.com they got good deals on speakers n amps.
 04-19-2008, 04:05 PM         #18
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Wawdy24 said:
I have a type-x 12 in my car, pushed by a MRD M1000 ... 1ot power cable, and it outperformed the type-r I used to have in the car ... dunno what you guys are talking about. Might have been a slight difference in the frequency it was tuned to, but still ... the type-x outperforms the type-r in pretty much all aspects ... if you want it to get real low, type-x ... better sql go with type x and if you are going for spl it is pretty much a wash but I love the output from my type-x over the type-r in SPL as well. This is my personal opinion from owning and beating the sh*t out of both sub woofers at different times.

But yea, if you don't got the money for electrical upgrades ... the type-r's will do just fine.
sounds more like you might have a better box and better power. like i said there is NO WAY a single type x at 1000w will be LOUDER than a type r at 500w if they are both in their recommended enclosures. unless the enclosures are way different there is NO way it'll happen. that's how they are made
 10 years ago '04        #19
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,519 | Props total: 55 55
 GhosT said:
sounds more like you might have a better box and better power. like i said there is NO WAY a single type x at 1000w will be LOUDER than a type r at 500w if they are both in their recommended enclosures. unless the enclosures are way different there is NO way it'll happen. that's how they are made
Same amp ... different box ... both boxes ported ... and were exact specs alpine reps gave me ... so that's how I came up with my conclusion. One type-r vs one type-x in spl is very close. hence why I said it was a wash. The type-x outperforms it in every other area. I like the nice low frequencies that the type-x can hit, since the type-r can't get anywhere near that.
 04-20-2008, 11:24 AM         #20
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well obviously you didn't set sh*t right if your type r's didn't hit the lows
one
GhosT
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy