The *OFFICIAL* Grand Theft Auto IV Thread: Warning! Some People are posting SPOILERS

most viewed right now
 Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
146 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 OT Auburn banned Corey Myers for smashing his players
9 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
35 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which Console Are You Getting GTA IV For?
PS3 188 36.29%
Xbox 360 302 58.30%
Both (That's How I Roll) 28 5.41%
Voters: 518. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 04-27-2008, 11:57 PM         #1881
Tha Termihator 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 +HydrO+ said:
nah you can only do that on ps3
yeah thats why im buyin the PS3 vesion ...also i heard if you have a Ben Q drive you will get 70% more pop up.

Last edited by Tha Termihator; 04-28-2008 at 12:01 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #1882
IllmaticYungin 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,387 | Props total: 2 2
23 hrs 59mins...
 10 years ago '06        #1883
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,824 | Props total: 1170 1170
I'm thinkin over here, wouldn't Rockstar be able to release a patch sometime in the future to allow 360 owners to install some of the game onto their HDD to improve draw distance and load times?

Also the whole "warmer look" and "more vibrant colors" can be fixed by changing your HDTV's tone to "Warm" and kick up the color notch on the TV if that type of look is important to you.
 10 years ago '04        #1884
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22 OP
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
 Jersey826 said:
I'm thinkin over here, wouldn't Rockstar be able to release a patch sometime in the future to allow 360 owners to install some of the game onto their HDD to improve draw distance and load times?

Also the whole "warmer look" and "more vibrant colors" can be fixed by changing your HDTV's tone to "Warm" and kick up the color notch on the TV if that type of look is important to you.
i think its ms not allowing devs to use the hard disc as cache
 10 years ago '04        #1885
kidd247 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,156 | Props total: 1692 1692
2 Questions..

Is the PS3/GTA4 Bundle coming out on launch day?? if anyone has info on it as far as what model PS3 and whatever else comes with it would be cool..

Secondly, for the people that won't watch the leaked footage of the game because of "spoilers", do you not want to see that stuff because you think it will make you not want to play the game as much?
 10 years ago '05        #1886
space
space
 kidd247 said:
2 Questions..

Is the PS3/GTA4 Bundle coming out on launch day?? if anyone has info on it as far as what model PS3 and whatever else comes with it would be cool..

Secondly, for the people that won't watch the leaked footage of the game because of "spoilers", do you not want to see that stuff because you think it will make you not want to play the game as much?
Yes it does BUT its only for australia and europe
 10 years ago '04        #1887
kidd247 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,156 | Props total: 1692 1692
 IllmaticYungin said:
Yes it does BUT its only for australia and europe
aaah sh*t.. this girl at Toys R Us told me they were getting it, but then again she look like she just smoked a whole onion sooo..

but I kinda had my heart set on it, being I was originally gonna wait to buy a ps3 when the Metal Gear Bundle comes out. I don't really wanna wait either..
 10 years ago '05        #1888
space
space
finally saw a commercial different than the gamestop commercial and it showed the game as if it was 360 exclusive
 10 years ago '05        #1889
space
space
 kidd247 said:
aaah sh*t.. this girl at Toys R Us told me they were getting it, but then again she look like she just smoked a whole onion sooo..

but I kinda had my heart set on it, being I was originally gonna wait to buy a ps3 when the Metal Gear Bundle comes out. I don't really wanna wait either..
well go up there on tuesday just to be sure
 10 years ago '06        #1890
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$9,208 | Props total: 2057 2057
havent really seen that much pop ups on the game.. but im still going to get it for the playstation tomorrow night
 10 years ago '06        #1891
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,448 | Props total: 1098 1098
trez you did a successful flash?
 10 years ago '06        #1892
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$9,208 | Props total: 2057 2057
 Comic Book Guy said:
trez you did a successful flash?
yeah sh*t was a bi*ch for me but i did it :applause:
 10 years ago '04        #1893
GollyI'mGully 69 heat pts69
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 400 400
8 hours
 10 years ago '06        #1894
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,311 | Props total: 1079 1079
 IllmaticYungin said:
finally saw a commercial different than the gamestop commercial and it showed the game as if it was 360 exclusive
i saw the same thing during the hornets/mavs game on tnt, and as it it was a ps3 exclusive, r* doing a good job
 10 years ago '04        #1895
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
How's the game? Any good?
Yes, yes it is. Check out our GTA IV review. It's spoiler-free and almost totally free of "teh biases"!

Should I get the PlayStation or Xbox 360 version?
That's up to you. They're nearly identical and it's hard to go wrong with either version. We found the feature set to be better on the 360, but the PS3 holds up a bit better technically. Check out our PS3 versus 360 GTA IV comparison piece.

Is there split screen multiplayer? What about local multiplayer via LAN?
No, multiplayer for both systems is only online.

Whats the deal with the PS3 hard drive install?
Installation is mandatory and kicks off when you insert the disc for the first time. We timed the 3.4 GB install at 7 minutes and 20 seconds.

Does the Xbox 360 have a hard drive installation?
No. There is no required installation, nor is there an optional one.

Can I remap the controls? Is there a control option for lefties?
Controls can't be remapped, but you can choose between Standard and Classic modes. Switching between the two will switch shoulder buttons for aiming and firing, among other changes. There is no special consideration for left handed players.

Is there an option for custom soundtracks?
No, the game's radio stations will have to suffice. Xbox 360 owners can still stream music from their hard drive or an iPod, but music played via the Xbox 360 Guide will continue to play over cell phone calls and cut scenes. If you're just going out for a stroll in GTA IV, it's still an option.

Does the PlayStation 3 version have any kind of achievements or accomplishments?
Outside of the standard stat tracking, which tallies up your k!lls, deaths, arrests, distance traveled, passed missions, stunt jumps, and other extracurricular activities, there are no Xbox Live Achievements-like features for the PS3.

How's the online performance?
Solid. We played for a pretty long, 16-player session before release via Xbox Live and were impressed. Microsoft says it's ramping up in anticipation of the release, adding hardware and hoping for smooth sailing. We have yet to go online with the PlayStation 3 version. Sony and Gamespy declined to comment about the status of the PlayStation Network.

How many players does the online mode support?
Up to sixteen players, depending on the game type.

Can I have s3x with prostitutes?
In the game? Yes!

When can you trigger the "bullet-time"? Is it only while driving, or can you do it when walking around/shooting too?
You can switch to "bullet-time" during stunt jumps. While driving, hold B/Circle (or toggle to it using the Back/Select button) to enter the cinematic view. While in the cinematic view, click the left analog stick to toggle bullet time on and off.

Is there a huh, "normal" menu as in, not the cell phone one? For things like stats, audio, HUD and controller options, or just ofr ismply leaving the game paused? Or is this handled all in our cellphone?
Yes, when you press the Start button, you'll see options like Controls, Video, Audio and more.

How does the game end?
A list of credits scrolls vertically, with an extensive list of contributors.

Do helicopters have weapons?
Some do. Good luck hitting anything with the mini-guns! You might have better luck taking out foes with the chopper's blades.

Is ammunition only obtained by purchase? Are there (oh, the shame) cheats in this game?
Ammunition can be purchased from gun shops or one of your gun-running friends. It can also be collected from the corpses of your enemies. There are cheats, but we've yet to use any.

Can Niko buy the different outfits we see him wear or are they unlocked via missions?
Niko can buy new clothing, but some of Liberty City's clothing shops aren't immediately available to you.

Can you ride bicycles or skateboards?
Not that we've seen. You also can't ride in shopping carts.

Can you swim, or do those damn sharks eat you?
Niko can swim.

Is there a saved film or replay feature? What about saved screenshots?
Nope! This is certainly something we'd like to see added in a future game or update, as some of the player deaths are begging for a replay.

Are there different camera angles the player can select while on foot?
Sort of. The camera will pan further out or in, depending on your preference. While in vehicles or on the train, you can choose a cinematic camera mode, which is more cool than it is playable.

What if me and a couple friends just want to wreak havoc in Liberty City, no game modes, can we do that?
Yes, there is a Free Mode in multiplayer that can be played however you want.

How does the save system work?
There is an autosave feature, which you can turn on or off. The game will save your progress after each successfully completed mission. You can also choose to save at any time in one of Niko's safehouses.

Does GTA IV have Feature X from Vice City or San Andreas?
Character customization isn't as deep as it was in San Andreas, so you won't be hitting the gym or tattoo parlor to shape your own unique Niko. You can't own property, fly planes, customize cars or parachute off of skyscrapers. In multiplayer, you can choose how your character looks, with options for hair, hats, tops, pants, glasses and more. As you progress in ranked online matches, you'll unlock new looks for your character.

Are there subtitles?
Yes, and they come in handy, considering that Niko and his cousin will occasionally speak in their native tongue and characters like Little Jacob are nigh indecipherable.

10 years ago '04        #1896
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,325 | Props total: 11365 11365
This might be a stupid question but for those of you who stream media from your computer to your XBox is it possible to stream your playlists from your computer in actual games too? Basically I'm just wondering if I have to upload some mixes to the actual XB harddrive in order for the songs to be playable in the game or if I could just stream them.
 04-28-2008, 01:21 AM         #1897
gangster 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
IGN: GTA IV gets a 10..

said its the best game since OOT..

10 years ago '04        #1898
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22 OP
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
 1000bluntz said:
This might be a stupid question but for those of you who stream media from your computer to your XBox is it possible to stream your playlists from your computer in actual games too? Basically I'm just wondering if I have to upload some mixes to the actual XB harddrive in order for the songs to be playable in the game or if I could just stream them.
i think you can build a playlist in media player 11 & stream it to your 360. im not sure tho give it a try
 10 years ago '05        #1899
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
I was thinking about this today. Do you think Modders could take the DLC for Xbox 360 and change it to so it would work on PS3?
 10 years ago '04        #1900
ucantseeme004 58 heat pts58
space
space
$4,102 | Props total: 1 1
going to pick it up tonight, I want to really get the ps3 version because it has better graphics, and no annoying jags/ pops like the 360 version but the 360 version i have alot more friends on live including my brother i can play the multiplayer with, so im just going to get the 360 version even though i oh so deeply wanted the ps3 version........
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
212 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now