The *OFFICIAL* Grand Theft Auto IV Thread: Warning! Some People are posting SPOILERS

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
152 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
123 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which Console Are You Getting GTA IV For?
PS3 188 36.29%
Xbox 360 302 58.30%
Both (That's How I Roll) 28 5.41%
Voters: 518. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 04-27-2008, 12:01 PM         #1701
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
on the real, do ya expect any other online games to have people on them on tuesday?
 10 years ago '06        #1702
acAWN 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,644 | Props total: 179 179
i wanna rob a gamestop right now
 10 years ago '05        #1703
Opm 
space
space
space
$1,341 | Props total: 0 0
I heard you will not be able to run MP from the begging since you start out with a sh*tty cell phone. Anyone confirm this?
 04-27-2008, 12:14 PM         #1704
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
KOTAKU's Comparison

if they had to pick one, they would pick the PS3 version based on Performance Edge over the 360 one. Go click and read, looks like the PS3 version is helped alot by the half of the game installing into the HDD.

STANDARD HDD FTW>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 04-27-2008 at 12:21 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #1705
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 692 692
fu*k gamestop for not having any se pre-orders...
 10 years ago '05        #1706
Young OG 164 heat pts164
space
space
$18,229 | Props total: 13745 13745
 Opm said:
I heard you will not be able to run MP from the begging since you start out with a sh*tty cell phone. Anyone confirm this?

do u really belive that?:rolleyes:
 10 years ago '04        #1707
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
Which Version Of GTA IV Should You Buy? We Compare The PS3 and 360 Versions

Installation
The PlayStation 3 version has a mandatory 3.4 GB hard drive installation that will be the longest 7 minutes and 20 seconds of your life if your chomping at the bit to play. It's initially an annoyance, but PS3 owners will welcome it. There is no option to install the game to an Xbox 360 hard drive.

Frame Rate
The Grand Theft Auto series has never been synonymous with a rock solid frame rate, something it generally seems to get a pass for. While GTA IV is smoother in general than it's predecessors, it can expectedly suffer during chaos. The Xbox 360 version seemed capable of achieving a smoother frame rate, peaking higher in certain circumstances, such as in confined spaces or during light traffic, but both versions seemed to regularly run at a similar clip.

Pop-In & Loading
With a huge, seamless streaming world, data must be constantly read from the disc. The PS3 version, with its required HDD install, loads missions a couple seconds faster and decreases pop-in. The Xbox 360 version can suffer from some very noticeable texture loading, as things like trees, vehicles and building signs will regularly pop-in as one tools about town. It can be distracting, especially during high speed chases, and the PS3 version isn't entirely immune from it, but it's not a game k!lling problem.

Graphics
The two versions are so close to identical, visually, that putting together a comparison was a challenge. Initially, it appeared that the PS3 suffered from more noticeable aliasing than its 360 counterpart, but after eyeballing the final retail copy, they appear to be on par. I noticed that the paint filter applied to cover some of the game's imperfections appeared a tiny bit muddier on the PS3 version, with night time scenes seeing more streakiness. Some of these minor complaints may be the result of our particular television settings and require the finest of fine tooth combs to a.ssess.

Downloadable Content
The Xbox 360 version is announced to have two exclusive downloadable content packs for purchase. Details on what will be contained in those two exclusive batches of DLC are sparse, so we can't judge what they'll bring to the table, nor do we know if the PlayStation 3 version will eventually get its own DLC from Rockstar. If you're looking for more GTA IV, and you may very well be after you've completed the core game, you're going to want the 360 version.

Achievements
The Xbox 360 version has the requisite list of Achievements exclusive to the platform, creative and challenging goals that sometimes go beyond the regular gaming experience. However, as with other GTA games, stat-tracking for k!lls, stunt jumps, and the dozens of extras will keep completionists on the PS3 side happy.

Motion Controls
The PS3 version has optional SIXAXIS motion controls for piloting helicopters, steering boats and doing motorcycle tricks. You'll probably leave it off, just like I did.

Good Vibrations
GTA IV supports vibration in the Xbox 360 controller and the DualShock 3, so PS3 owners won't be left in the force feedback lurch.

The good news for Grand Theft Auto fans is that whatever platform you have chosen as your own, GTA IV excels on both. They are almost evenly matched, feature for feature. Gamers will have to decide which is more important to them, a slightly more technically sound experience on the PlayStation 3 or downloadable content and Xbox Live integration on the Xbox 360.

Final Thoughts
If this were a personal decision, I'd have chosen the PlayStation 3 edition, mostly based on my preference for the DualShock controller and the performance edge. However, one thing that we have yet to experience is how well the PlayStation Network will handle the online portions of GTA IV, an extremely important consideration. I place less of an emphasis on features like Achievements and Gamerscore, but appreciate how well crafted these features are.

In the end, each version stands on its own, with the only downside to the differences being that those invested in their particularly backed console will expend so much effort focusing on something far less important than the game itself.

^^^sounds familiar!!!!

the FULL kotaku comparison

Last edited by Kap(Da)King; 04-27-2008 at 12:29 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #1708
deziking 79 heat pts79
space
space
$19,533 | Props total: 5115 5115
guys i have never been this hyped about a game since the first gta came out on PS2. so if I had the time machine i'd skip today and monday to monday night 11:58. But I can't do that :( and I have to wait 1 more day. aint this a bi*ch i don't feel like doing anything on monday. fu*k
 10 years ago '04        #1709
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22 OP
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
nico trying to moonwalk

[pic - click to view]

ADDED

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by +HydrO+; 04-27-2008 at 12:38 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #1710
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
SIXAXIS Brings Nothing to GTA IV (But Frustration And Burning Helicopter Chassis)

The SIXAXIS motion controls in Rockstar Games' sublime opus Grand Theft Auto IV feels like a last minute appendage, and not a particularly useful one. It's like the game's third n*pple, you know it's there, and maybe you can't resist a fiddle, but no good will come of it.

When Mike told me that he didn't like the SIXAXIS controls for the game, and wasn't even able to complete the tutorial, I chalked it up to some innate hatred of the PS3's motion controls on his part. In fact he did admit that he doesn't really like the PS3 games that use SIXAXIS motion sensing, but there are several that I quite like (Warhawk comes to mind), so I decided to give it a whirl.

After playing through GTA4 on the Xbox 360, I swapped seats with Mike and settled down to get to the bottom of his SIXAXIS hatred. A few minutes into the tutorial I figured out what the problem was. The special SIXAXIS controls for this particular game suck, they're absolutely abysmal.

I suppose with some time I could master using the bike, in fact it wasn't that hard, and maybe one day I would fly the helicopter, but that's not the point, the point is there's no benefit using the motion sensing in Grand Theft Auto IV.

The in-game tutorial for the controller, which is an annoyingly permanent option on your in-game cell phone, walks you through the four ways you use the special controller in the game. Here's the break down and my thoughts:

Reload Weapon: Instead of having to mess around with, you know, pushing a button, the SIXAXIS lets you snap the controller back toward you to reload. Very easy to do, but absolutely no benefit.

Motorcycle: This was by far my favorite of the lot, allowing you to steer your bike by tilting side to side. Unfortunately, it also allows you to lean forward on the bike or do a wheelie by tilting the controller forward or backward. It's unfortunate because if you're leaning forward as you play, or sitting back in the chair, it forces you to hold the controller oddly.

Power Boat: The steering works quite well and while this also lets you tilt the controller forward and backwards to adjust the trim, its not as problematic because doing so really doesn't have much of an impact on the controls.

Helicopter: Whooo-boy, this is what prevented Mike from wrapping up his tutorial training. It took me a good three or four tries to pass it as well. Not only do you have to worry about the pitch problem seen with the motorcycles and boats, but the helicopter is much touchier than the other two vehicles. I also seemed to notice a lag issue with the controls that had me overcompensating and, twice, turning my copter so far sideways it would slam into the ground. It was an exercise in frustration and made me want to through the controller across the room in frustration. Fortunately, you don't have to fly using it.

Final Thoughts: I'm not sure why Rockstar decided to include SIXAXIS motion controls in GTA IV, maybe they had to, but I'm sure happy they don't force you to use them. Not only can you override the motion controls at any time with the sticks and buttons, but you can turn them completely off preventing it from really flawing this fantastic title. Now if I could only remove the SIXAXIS tutorial option in the menu I might be able to stop fiddling.

kotaku
 10 years ago '04        #1711
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
CVG

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #1712
deziking 79 heat pts79
space
space
$19,533 | Props total: 5115 5115
 +HydrO+ said:
nico trying to moonwalk

[pic - click to view]

hahahaha holyy sh*tt!! put a bigger picture on that sh*t man
 04-27-2008, 12:31 PM         #1713
YoungBattle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
comes out midnight...class at 8 am the following morning...decisions decisions..
n*gga eduacation aint DAT impotant!
 04-27-2008, 12:31 PM         #1714
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kap da herb editing post as well

sig my nucca
 04-27-2008, 12:35 PM         #1715
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kap(Da)King said:
CVG

[pic - click to view]

hey Herb, post the source and the link to the full review.......

Note: Xbox 360 version reviewed.
 10 years ago '04        #1716
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
GTA IV multimedia updates

Gameplay videos and new screenshots have been popping up all over the internet this morning to go along with the online reviews:

* to their GTA IV gallery.
* In addition, IGN have also uploaded
* to follow their exclusive live demo of GTA IV in action early this afternoon. If you aren't waiting out at your local gaming retailer tomorrow night, perhaps you'll want to tune into X-Play at 8:00pm for more GTA IV coverage featuring their video review, interviews, and general discussion on the series.
* as well as pages for an incomplete cheats list, quick strategies, side missions, secrets, city maps, and more!

gta cant wait

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #1717
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
 +HydrO+ said:
nico trying to moonwalk

[pic - click to view]

ADDED

[pic - click to view]

, i heard he doesnt get as drunk on dates as he does with his cousin. true?
 10 years ago '04        #1718
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22 OP
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
 deziking said:
hahahaha holyy sh*tt!! put a bigger picture on that sh*t man
bigger

[pic - click to view]

04-27-2008, 12:44 PM         #1719
0 killacam 0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*king epic!1
 10 years ago '04        #1720
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
Grand Theft Auto producer is Godfather of gaming
Sunday Times: GTA IV took 1000 people and $100m to make

An interesting article about Grand Theft Auto IV appeared in The Sunday Times today. The newspaper was given a rare interview with Leslie Benzies, the producer of every GTA title since GTA III.

The interview gives us a brief look at his life, which has seen him move from one of the most remote areas in Scotland to a leading position at the country's top video game developer. There's also mention of the rivalry between Benzies and David Jones, the top man at competing developer Realtime Worlds. The two companies are the product of a rift between the early GTA team, which has resulted in colorful opinions and competing games - GTA IV and All Points Bulletin.

Moving back to GTA - Benzies says that almost 1000 people played a part in the development of GTA IV. He believes the cost could be around the $100m mark, making this one of the most heavily staffed and expensive video games to date. If you read just one more article about GTA IV before you get the game on Tuesday, make it this one.

Full Article: @ Timesonline

gtagaming
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
73 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
106 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
101 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
38 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy