The *OFFICIAL* Grand Theft Auto IV Thread: Warning! Some People are posting SPOILERS

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
89 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
109 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which Console Are You Getting GTA IV For?
PS3 188 36.29%
Xbox 360 302 58.30%
Both (That's How I Roll) 28 5.41%
Voters: 518. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #1681
Young OG 164 heat pts164
space
space
$18,241 | Props total: 13757 13757
GTA IV is live on g4tv there are just straight playing the game through no editing
 10 years ago '05        #1682
jaydee24 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,631 | Props total: 34 34
did any of ya'll get a call yesterday from gamestop telling you to come in from 6-12 to get your copy of gta. i might be late but i was working alot and i got home at like 7 yesterday and got a call at like 730 tellin me to come in and get my copy monday night.
 10 years ago '04        #1683
DJKromeX 39 heat pts39
space
space
$1,303 | Props total: 0 0
 RealTalk4YoAss said:
GTA IV is live on g4tv there are just straight playing the game through no editing
lol @ white dude talking down on morgan and here wack gta skills
 04-27-2008, 11:08 AM         #1684
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
EGM review crew talks up GTAIV

04-27-2008, 11:10 AM         #1685
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jaydee24 said:
did any of ya'll get a call yesterday from gamestop telling you to come in from 6-12 to get your copy of gta. i might be late but i was working alot and i got home at like 7 yesterday and got a call at like 730 tellin me to come in and get my copy monday night.
You don't have to do that or deal with all that jazz, you can just go later in the morning or day, you already payed for the pre order they got your copy waiting for you there.
 10 years ago '04        #1686
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
is it monday night yet?
 10 years ago '04        #1687
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
Grand Theft Auto IV Review: Life, Liberty City And The Pursuit Of Happiness

[pic - click to view]

Grand Theft Auto needs no introduction to anyone remotely familiar with video games. But for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 entry in the series, Rockstar has upped the ante, creating a startlingly realistic reinterpretation of New York City as backdrop to a violent crime epic. In it, damaged goods Serbian war vet Niko Bellic ventures to Liberty City to in search of closure, while coming to terms with the harsh realities of The American Dream. People die, others find happiness, players join Niko on a journey through a world where everyone is flawed, where it seems everyone is consumed by their own obsessions.

It's a brutal ride for almost everyone in Niko's journey from off the boat yokel to mass murderer, but what is the Grand Theft Auto IV experience like for the player?

Loved

It's A Hell Of A Story: Niko's life in Liberty City is violent, tragic and enthralling. Rockstar North's ability to make the player emotionally invest in GTA IV's characters is a rare achievemen—and this is one aspect of the game that the team came close to perfecting. Outside of a handful of either slightly annoying or forgettable cast members, GTA IV's supporting players are as much of a draw as firing RPGs at a car filled with Russian gangsters then fleeing from the LCPD at high speeds in a Turismo.

You Belong To The City: The level of detail packed in to every aspect of Liberty City's boroughs is simply astounding. On a micro level, seeing the neighborhood change from industrial to residential, from posh to sketchy, is impressive. Taking a macro perspective of whole islands during a leisurely helicopter flight can be awe-inspiring.

Shooting The sh*t: Combat works. With a free-look option for targeting whomever your want to be on the receiving end of a bullet and a lock-on reticule for quick, dirty, accurate gunplay, ventilating lowlifes is precise and almost entirely free of frustration. That Niko can pull off headshots with analog precision is something I wish I'd learned to perfect earlier in the game. That said, trying to shoot out someone's tires with any accuracy while doing 90 MPH on a motorcycle isn't handed to you on a plate. Trying to shoot while driving can be frustrating—especially when the mechanism for switching weapons is remapped—but sensitivity options certainly help.

Friends With Benefits: You may occasionally grow weary of fending off friendly invitations to go for a drink or a trip to one of the cities fine gentleman's clubs while you're busy trying to recover someone's heroin, but cultivating friendships is more beneficial than not. The pay off—helpful nurses, gun running buddies, posses on demand—make your life in Liberty City much easier.

Driving Mr. Bellic: With two solid dedicated online racing modes and a slew of street dragging side missions, Rockstar had to get driving right. It did. Pulling off bad-ass parking brake U-turns is oh so satisfying. GTA Race—think Mario Kart with RPGs instead of koopa shells—is a better effort than many dedicated driving games. GPS directions are very, very welcome.

Multiplayer: GTA IV's fifteen multiplayer modes, each with a host of options, could have easily comprised a standalone release. Simple deathmatch is fun, but playing it on Happiness Island with nothing but rocket launchers and knives makes it shine. Team-based modes, like Cops 'n' Crooks and Team Mafiya, elevate multiplayer from simple fragfest to strategic, frenetic car-jacking fun.

The Extras: Watch hours of television. Take on challenging a.ssassination missions. Perfect your darts game. Shoot the flying rats—all 200 of them. Establish new friendships. Go on dates. Surf the Web. Stunt jump! When you're done with GTA IV's main story, you'll have plenty of fun just messing about. We were amazed to find how much there is to do.

Radio, Radio: So many guilty pleasures: Q Lazarus, Genesis, Godley & Creme. Some new favorites: The Boggs, Justice, Boys Noize. Talk radio is genuinely funny and ad spots provide hilarious social commentary.

Hated

Some Characters And Plot Threads Fall Flat: One of the characters, who is intended to have an impact on the later portion of the game, is hard to care about on the level that Rockstar asks of the player. Some of the end-game relationships simply don't carry the same weight of those established in the first half, making it hard to be invested in some of the drama and can ultimately make one of the final chapters feel forced.

Some Missions Are Maddening: Of the 155 missions I attempted, 64 ended in failure. That's fine, but some seem impossible on the first attempt and others come close to resulting in thrown controllers. Missions are quick to restart, but by your third or fourth attempt of The Snow Storm, you may be looking for a Rockstar dev online to k!ll. There's not much in the way of mission filler, but some jobs are definitely more memorable than others.

Grand Theft Auto IV is a powerful game. After blazing through the core story line, having made certain decisions that affected how the narrative played out, I longed to return to the world to experience what I had missed. I recall watching every one of the game's trailers after completing it, reminiscing about GTA IV's tragic, colorful yarn. It's a hell of an accomplishment on many levels. Graphically, it's not as pretty as some other PS3 or 360 offerings—to which it will be unfairly compared—but what it may lack in pixel pushing performance, it makes up for in visual design. Using the cell phone as an interface for maintaining relationships, seemingly a minor thing, is brilliant.

Sandbox-style, ultra-violent games like Grand Theft Auto aren't typically my thing, but GTA IV has made me a fan. A fanboy. Rockstar North has addressed virtually every single one of my personal hang ups about the series, crafting one of the most memorable experiences in gaming. We hate to gush, but it's just that good. Flawless? No. But it's about as close to a game can come to being perfect.

Grand Theft Auto IV was developed by Rockstar North, published by Rockstar Games and is due to be released on April 29. Retails for $59.99 to $89.99 USD. Available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Played single player campaign to completion on PlayStation 3, played additional single player campaign portions on Xbox 360 and tested each online multi-player mode on Xbox 360. Total game progress on first completion was 65.67%, with 94 missions completed over the course of 35 hours.

kotaku

Last edited by Kap(Da)King; 04-27-2008 at 11:22 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #1688
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 jaydee24 said:
Yea they called me twice. At first it was a answering machine or whatever then ten minutes later a girl called from there. They told me to come in for a release party or some sh*t at 6 and sign off for my game to make sure i get outta there soon as possible.
 10 years ago '05        #1689
Young OG 164 heat pts164
space
space
and its gone
 04-27-2008, 11:20 AM         #1690
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dipset kid0221 said:
Yea they called me twice. At first it was a answering machine or whatever then ten minutes later a girl called from there. They told me to come in for a release party or some sh*t at 6 and sign off for my game to make sure i get outta there soon as possible.
I bet they said "and bring your used games":finger:fu*king f*g**ts ripping off gamers for years now, making billions off used games and sh*t:finger:
 10 years ago '04        #1691
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,410 | Props total: 3473 3473
Gametrailers video review is up
 10 years ago '04        #1692
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
Grand Theft Auto IV Review: Team Xbox

article was pretty long, so i copied the roundup:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

04-27-2008, 11:31 AM         #1693
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Example of the visuals issues on the 360 version of GTAIV

[pic - click to view]

04-27-2008, 11:32 AM         #1694
eliot ness 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yall dudes posting story spoilers are idiots man, game aint even out yet damn!
 04-27-2008, 11:33 AM         #1695
Isaac 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 10 years ago '05        #1696
Young OG 164 heat pts164
space
space
 DA DOPEMAN said:
I bet they said "and bring your used games":finger:fu*king f*g**ts ripping off gamers for years now, making billions off used games and sh*t:finger:
isn't the object of a buisness to make money? and no one is making you go get the game from gamestop you can just as easily walk into best buy on the 29th.

it won't sell out
 10 years ago '05        #1697
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
 DA DOPEMAN said:
Example of the visuals issues on the 360 version of GTAIV

[pic - click to view]

Thats actually what happened to my last 360 that was on it's way to RROD, 360s that aren't on it's way to crapping out runs any game fine.. Chillax with the fanboyisms.
 04-27-2008, 11:40 AM         #1698
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JaiMega said:
Thats actually what happened to my last 360 that was on it's way to RROD, 360s that aren't on it's way to crapping out runs any game fine.. Chillax with the fanboyisms.
uh calm down, just showing the issues which were already known and confirmed

but some people might to know what it really means, so their is some video proof

denying this isn't an issues will not make them disappear, knowing it will happen it is better so people won't get freaked out or whatever when they see it happening on their TV.

This has nothing to do with the 360, this a GTAIV issue on the 360.....

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 04-27-2008 at 11:42 AM..
 04-27-2008, 11:47 AM         #1699
rullegardin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im getting like, REALLY hyped for this now
 10 years ago '04        #1700
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22 OP
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
gametrailers have put up a few new gameplay videos just visit the homepage

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
139 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
142 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago