The *OFFICIAL* Grand Theft Auto IV Thread: Warning! Some People are posting SPOILERS

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
53 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
12 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
60 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
44 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which Console Are You Getting GTA IV For?
PS3 188 36.29%
Xbox 360 302 58.30%
Both (That's How I Roll) 28 5.41%
Voters: 518. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1501
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
Five Days with GTA IV: A Newspaper Diary

[pic - click to view]

As Mike McWhertor and I alluded to earlier this week, we both spent five days last week holed up in a room in a swank San Francisco hotel playing through Grand Theft Auto IV. Yes, all of the way through.

The embargo for our official review and other hands-ons, impressions, comparisons, stories and whatnots doesn't lift until Sunday (10 a.m. Crecentral), but the package of stories I wrote for the Rocky Mountain News ran this morning. The story for the paper is geared for a much more mainstream audience, so I'm not sure how much you all will get out of it, but here's how it wraps up.

In Grand Theft Auto IV the story isn't just an amalgam of cut scenes and cleverly written dialogue, it's the experiences I create, too. It's now, watching Niko stand, his shoulders slumped, that the depth of this game finally hits me.

Niko's journey, the one crafted by Rockstar, may have ended, but Niko's adventures in the story I am creating have just begun.
If you're looking for something to pass your time that is, I believe, free of any major story spoilers, than hit up the link.

I was happy to see that the story not only took over the entire front page of the feature's section, but even got a mention on the front page of the paper. Too bad they went with a headline that sorta highlights the violence of the game. I suppose they would have done the same thing for blow-out coverage of a movie like Once Upon a Time in America.

kaptaku
 10 years ago '04        #1502
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
Microsoft working hard to prepare Xbox Live for GTA IV

As the first truly multiplayer GTA title, what impact GTA IV will have on online gaming services is anyone's guess. Microsoft isn't taking any chances though, and is expecting a big spike in users on Tuesday. Speaking to Kotaku, the company's General Manager of Xbox Live services, Derek Ingalls, had this to say:

"...we are going the extra mile with Grand Theft Auto IV. The biggest step we've taken is to add in more server hardware...We have actually doubled our capacity for concurrent users over the last 2 months"
Kotaku goes on to comment correctly that the PS3's online service is being handled, in part, by Gamespy. They say that this setup will really have nothing to do with Sony, although you'll be using your standard PlayStation Network names in-game.

GTA IV's multiplayer mode supports up to 16 simultaneous players in game types

gtagaming
 10 years ago '04        #1503
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22 OP
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
yeah my sh*ts on its way

ive never been so exited about a game in years
 10 years ago '04        #1504
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
Release date broken by some UK retailers

Australian gamers have now been joined by those from the United Kingdom in the GTA release date rush. Pictures of the game appeared earlier in the week, and pressure from customers has led some independent retailers to succumb and offer the game ahead of its April 29th street date.

Online messageboards are filled with stories of various small stores offering both versions of the game early, with many charging £45 or even £50. More surprisingly, major supermarkets also seem to be in, several images like providing forum goers with information on where might be the best place to grab the game ahead of time.

ASDA claims that this was an "isolated incident", while other gamers managed to get the title from .

At the time of writing, statistics tracking website MyGamerCard.net listed over 1000 players of the Xbox 360 version so far.

gtagaming
 10 years ago '04        #1505
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
Canadian cops hop on the GTA IV stupid wagon

Probably feeling left out as the world's biggest moron parade marches by without them, the Calgary police department has come out to say that Grand Theft Auto IV is a "grave concern" and is worried about children becoming exposed to it, thus turning into psychopathic k!llers because they played a videogame.

This news comes as posted in the Calgary Sun:

City cops are warning parents to be careful about exposing children to video game violence, saying it’s a possible training ground for criminal endeavours.
The article also quotes Calgary police spokesman Kevin Brookwell:

From the Calgary Police Service perspective, we see these types of video games as a grave concern… Because of the lack of consequences and even reward — (youth) don’t understand the impact violence can have.

In some cases, those very games may be training grounds for people to commit criminal activity.
It's with bitter amusement that I watch trained professionals who are used to dealing with hardened criminals and dangerous thugs running scared of a videogame. The real concern that should be had in Calgary is why its police department wasted time scaremongering over a game when it could have been dealing with real crime. But of course, nobody's going to ask a question like that, because people are too stupid to see anything beyond the scary, scary game that is going to transform innocent little Billy into a supervillain overnight.

I've seen that happen, you know. One day I gave my brother a copy of San Andreas, the very next morning he was manipulating metal objects with his mind and plotting to destroy Professor Charles Xavier.

kapstructoid
 04-26-2008, 09:04 AM         #1506
Young Bastard 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i got my sh*t...see yall in a few days muh fu*kaz ...
 04-26-2008, 09:26 AM         #1507
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MonkTaker said:
yeah LINK?
READ...

from IGN review.....

For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud.

Past GTA titles have had mild-to-serious framerate issues and technical glitches, because the games were trying to do far more than the PlayStation 2 could handle. While GTA IV is pushing the PS3 and 360 to the limit, it also runs amazingly well. Sure, there are framerate hitches here and there and (particularly on 360) there is some texture pop-in, but it actually runs better than I expected.

1UP.com also confirmed this, so come to grasp with that fact but the most important thing is that the game is fyah 10/10 on both consoles, it just looks better on PS3 and performs better on the PS3.
 10 years ago '12        #1508
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1259 1259
 DA DOPEMAN said:
READ...

from IGN review.....

For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud.

Past GTA titles have had mild-to-serious framerate issues and technical glitches, because the games were trying to do far more than the PlayStation 2 could handle. While GTA IV is pushing the PS3 and 360 to the limit, it also runs amazingly well. Sure, there are framerate hitches here and there and (particularly on 360) there is some texture pop-in, but it actually runs better than I expected.

1UP.com also confirmed this, so come to grasp with that fact but the most important thing is that the game is fyah 10/10 on both consoles, it just looks better on PS3 and performs better on the PS3.
Thanks, I already read that, but can you read? b/c I CLEARLY said LINK?

And what do you do? Post the same sh*t, without a fu*kin' link LMFAOOO

Last edited by DoMieD; 04-26-2008 at 09:41 AM..
 04-26-2008, 09:42 AM         #1509
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why would you need a LINK?, you know where ign is.....

10 years ago '05        #1510
GodzMustBeCrazy 31 heat pts31
space
space
$6,064 | Props total: 706 706
 MonkTaker said:
The game is dark on the 360 version?

sh*t must be hella dark on the PS3 version.
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of, cause I am getting it on the Ps3 on Tuesday. I hope it's not...I spoke with some other people about it also, they think it's a bit dark as well...
 04-26-2008, 09:49 AM         #1511
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^Stuff like that depends on your TV and how is calibrated and what settings you got on in both consoles. That RGB option both consoles have is not that great and actually is better for PC monitors, don't turn any of that on in the consoles unless you rocking the console in Monitor through DVI connection.
 10 years ago '05        #1512
GodzMustBeCrazy 31 heat pts31
space
space
$6,064 | Props total: 706 706
I see someone from BXGS already has it for the Ps3, I'll try to get him to give some impressions...
 10 years ago '04        #1513
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3481 3481
The driving is as tough as people are saying... Turning fu*king sucks up to this point.
All of the minigames are a.ss (so far I've done bowling, darts)
The graphics are looking clean on the 360 version. If the PS3 is supposed to look better, than it must be amazing.

lemme know if yall got any questions.. I'll be playing for another 2-3 hours.
My girl made me go to sleep when she found me playing GTA at 4am :(.
 10 years ago '12        #1514
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1259 1259
howd you get it early?
 04-26-2008, 10:07 AM         #1515
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
PS3= it is being sold already in the UK & other Europe regions

Xbox 360= Leaked and pirates downloaded that sh*t, they been playing it for 4 days now
 10 years ago '04        #1516
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3481 3481
 MonkTaker said:
howd you get it early?
I got a friend who works with someone who owns a store at a flea market. He got his shipment in... Dunno whether or not he's selling early.
 10 years ago '06        #1517
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,829 | Props total: 1175 1175
 GodzMustBeCrazy said:
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of, cause I am getting it on the Ps3 on Tuesday. I hope it's not...I spoke with some other people about it also, they think it's a bit dark as well...
Our Take: We’ll keep it simple as we’ve compared both the 360 and PS3 ones extensively during previews. The 360 one, contrary to the early previews and as of the latest preview stages, is a bit darker and has a few AA issues to this day. Overall a little more toned out so to say in terms of the color hue. There isn’t much contrast as there is more saturation, which does tend to wash out the colors a tiny bit, which is noticeable if you compare it to the PS3 that comes with a more vivid color palette and softer edges. The washed out colors somewhat help to mask the AA issues on the 360 though, so it seems to match up with the PS3 relatively. That is quite possibly the best explanation you guys will ever get. No bullsh*t here.

10 years ago '04        #1518
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
Full GTA IV boxart

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Kap(Da)King; 04-26-2008 at 11:25 AM..
 10 years ago '06        #1519
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
^Kap you fail.
 10 years ago '04        #1520
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
was this posted?
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy