The *OFFICIAL* Grand Theft Auto IV Thread: Warning! Some People are posting SPOILERS

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
194 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
115 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
106 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which Console Are You Getting GTA IV For?
PS3 188 36.29%
Xbox 360 302 58.30%
Both (That's How I Roll) 28 5.41%
Voters: 518. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #781
htownplaya 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,566 | Props total: 0 0
I always do mp first just to check it out real quick maybe do like 2 unranked games....then i try the story
 04-21-2008, 12:25 AM         #782
hurricanegamePZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
Yeah if people are on at m idnight...i'm talking when I first get home...if noone is on XBL doing MP then i'll rock SP untill later that night when people are on
i cant believe someone could be stupid enough to think nobody would be on the servers at midnight launch. do you have any idea how the different time zones work and how many advanced copies people have gotten not only in the US but around the world??
 10 years ago '04        #783
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22 OP
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
yo ill one is it midnight east coast time?

Last edited by +HydrO+; 04-21-2008 at 09:53 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #784
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
Well i'm in the midwest so it would be 1am ish east coast time before i can play it...
 10 years ago '05        #785
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,064 | Props total: 10748 10748
Empire Magazine Review - 5/5

Let’s get straight to the point: GTA IV doesn’t reinvent the wheel. It sticks with the same mission-based structure as its predecessors, is crammed with challenges that inspire a nagging sense of déjà vu, and if you’re looking for a game that retools the freeform, sandbox adventure from the ground up, this isn’t it.

However, what GTA IV does do is polish every facet of the franchise to within an inch of its life – from the bustling streets and cinematic presentation, to the brutal gunplay and dizzying car chases – in turn creating the ultimate GTA, a game that will delight the hardcore and newbies alike, and a title virtually guaranteed to be 2008’s biggest videogame.

Ditching the series’ over-the-top badasses in favour of a realistic, downtrodden anti-hero, GTA IV adopts a more mature and less frivolous approach to its murderous plot, a move that will be welcomed by fans who’ll see how the series is growing with them. But while this restrained take allows for a grittier, more believable atmosphere, it’s the little things that make GTA IV an unfettered joy.

From the new GPS that uses coloured lines to guide you through the busy streets – allowing players to focus on the action with the GPS in their peripheral vision, rather than constantly taking your eye off the road to squint at the tiny map – to the stripped-down displays that remove clutter from the screen, GTA IV feels friendlier and more accomplished than its predecessors. Moreover, while the developers introduced clumsy RPG elements in GTA: San Andreas that often brought the action crashing to a standstill, GTA IV’s more streamlined action means players can get straight down to business, gratification coming from seeing their character juggle relationships with key members of the criminal underworld, rather than buffing them out by pounding tedious gym machines for hours.

Other clever tweaks – including the ability to restart missions, rather than trailing across the map to resume challenges – remove the niggling frustrations that hampered previous editions, but where GTA IV really shines is in its combat: unlike the ham-fisted shooting of old, which relied as much on luck as skill, the gunplay is sharp and instinctive, allowing players to lock on targets, nudge the reticule to take head- or leg-shots, or even duck behind cover and engage in tense shootouts. And with improved controls that allow for stylish drive-by shootings, wielding weapons in this latest GTA is more rewarding than ever.

In terms of presentation, GTA IV is also spot on, thrusting players into a colossal city where the wrong side of town is squalid, threatening and has smacked-up hopheads aimlessly wandering the streets, areas in marked contrast to the rich residential districts where the stench of affluence hangs in the air. New ‘ragdoll physics’ – which allow the bodies of virtual humans to react like their floppy, real-world counterparts – also makes the game feel more earthy, and will be an endless source of amusement for sickos as they drive through crowds of bystanders to see their wobbly bodies bouncing off the hood of their ride.

A wealth of new music, cars that handle like real-life vehicles and new multiplayer duels also help make GTA IV the most engaging release so far this year. And while it would’ve been interesting to see the developers experimenting with a new approach to the carnage, as an evolution of the world’s best-loved gangster game, GTA IV is damn-near perfect.
 04-21-2008, 10:37 AM         #786
BMS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not that interested about it now.... i wont be big as every1s makin out to be.... adverts look wak
 10 years ago '06        #787
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
you drink alcoholic juice and you're from a part of the UK nobody's heard of. your opinion no longer matters Big Meat Sucker.
 10 years ago '04        #788
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
Hopin to get my GTA IV copy this Friday.

Wish me luck mufu*kas.
 04-21-2008, 11:13 AM         #789
Mcmasterlock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just hope it don't end up being like halo 3,cuz yall n*ggaz on BX was going mad nutz over that sh*t,and now I don't even hear a n*gga talk about it.
 10 years ago '06        #790
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
 Ex The God said:
lolz @ big meat sucker...but smh @ you not being hyped for GTA
i think a classic BXGS Shunning is in order for BMS. such blaspheme and disrespect to Rockstar shall not be tolerated.
 10 years ago '06        #791
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
8tilIV
 04-21-2008, 12:08 PM         #792
BlockBurner226 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my EB Games is doing the midnight release for it....got my SE pre-ordered, just gotta pay the remaining $50.00 on it and i'll be in GTA Heaven on April 29th at 12:15am
 04-21-2008, 12:25 PM         #793
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I WANT THIS fu*kING GAME
 10 years ago '06        #794
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

04-21-2008, 12:53 PM         #795
0 killacam 0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^omfg!!! :wow:
 04-21-2008, 12:54 PM         #796
0 killacam 0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh and yea gtaIV will be the best game of all time.

gta for life!!!! i cant wait!!!
 10 years ago '07        #797
htownplaya 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,566 | Props total: 0 0
:( im not that excited for the game....at least not like yall

No Reservation FTW!!
 10 years ago '04        #798
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
The Weazel News section of the official Grand Theft Auto IV website has been updated with a new story:

Severe thunderstorms rock area

A severe weather watch was issued for Liberty City as storms moved through the area, causing dark skies and torrential downpours with many male residents standing in the rain lip-syncing rock power ballads.
 04-21-2008, 03:15 PM         #799
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 htownplaya said:
:( im not that excited for the game....at least not like yall

No Reservation FTW!!
thats a good approach, when you get caught up by the hype next week it will feel great to play GTAIV. See ya in the HOOD, i will throw you off the BK bridge
 10 years ago '05        #800
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
with games other peoples over excitement generally starts to p!ss me off after a while...which is why i started spamming all those halo 3 threads with ultimate warrior pictures...but on the other hand this is gta a game ive always loved vs halo a game ive always hated so

but honestly im not all like "oh sh*t i cant wait!! i cant wait!!!" anymore cause the release date is so close now...time flies when im cool like i am now
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
89 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
164 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
214 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
257 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
187 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
308 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago