The *OFFICIAL* Grand Theft Auto IV Thread: Warning! Some People are posting SPOILERS

most viewed right now
 51
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 46
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
177 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 40
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 31
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Which Console Are You Getting GTA IV For?
PS3 188 36.29%
Xbox 360 302 58.30%
Both (That's How I Roll) 28 5.41%
Voters: 518. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #701
magnum man 
space
avatar space
space
$665 | Props total: 0 0
Some new info I found:

May 2008 edition of UK magazine XBOXWorld 360 has a 17 page preview with a few titbits of info. Some may be info you DON'T want to know yet so dont say i haven't warned you.

*First the controls

A - Run, Handbrake

B - Push, Cinematic Camera

X - Jump, Cycle Through Weapons

Y - Enter Car, Exit Car

Left Stick - Move, Steer

Right Stick - Camera, Aim

Click Left Stick - Crouch, Horn

Click Right Stick - Look Behind

LT - Lock On, Brake

RT - Shot/Attack, Accelerate

LB - Call Cab, Shoot

RB - Take Cover, Handbrake

D-Pad Up - Use Phone

D-Pad Left/Right - Cycle Weapons, Cycle Radio Stations

*Walking is handled by pressing and holding A, tapping A sends Niko into a sprint. Preview not sure how well this works at the moment, but reckons one could get used to it - bit weird from the sounds of it (why not just have analogue walking / running?)

*Niko grabs onto ledges automatically.

*Nikos martial arts are "courtesy" of former UFC heavyweight champ Bas Rutten, a scary Dutchman who is a qualified instructor and high level black belt in Thai Boxing, Pancrase hybrid wrestling, Kyokushin Karate and Tae Kwon Do.

*Smash headlong into a wall and you run the risk of being propelled through the windscreen of the car.

*If you commit a crime in a car and "lose" the police they may set up roadblocks in a wide circumference around your position and then begin searching within that circumference - the previewer playing the game said switching cars, unseen, can get you out of the situation, as the police are looking for you in a particular car / on foot. If you drive sensibly you can even go past the police who are on the search for you.

*Cover system is fluid, blind firing is possible like GoW, and Niko rols between different adjacent forms of cover, and will stay locked to the wall until you move away.

*Day/Night cycles are 48 minutes (twice as long as previous GTA games, 1 RL min - 30 GTA mins).

*Cafes and Delis serve food to regain health, and is also used to conduct business and social engagements. Niko wont pack on pouns tho, like CJ.

*Police cars can be used to access their database computers to find phone numbers of anyone you get the name of ingame, even off the ingame internet (which includes mock versions of craigs list called "crap list"). So find a name (can also be found on flyers, scrawled on walls or signs), ring 911 to call a police car, hijack the car and hack the computer to find that persons number. Then give em a call to further the mission, get aid, arrange a date, stalk, wtver.

*Furthermore, you can snap any random person on your phones camera, upload them to the police car computer, and find their full profile and address.

*Any addresses you gleam from the police car computers wil be added to your GPS unit in any police, or upmarket car, and will give you full directions to the destination.

*Minigames include pool, darts, basketball, bowling, GoGo Space Monkey, golf driving range amongst "others".

*SA's RS Haul is back and will include missions centred around it, immigrant missions FTW!

*The Gruppe Sechs securicars are back also, but now theres a bigger emphasis on jacking them, nicking the money and destroying the evidence. Stealing them, and getting away from th eaftermath is described as "tough" though.

*There is speculation within th epreview (read SPECULATION) that there is strong hints that you will be able to upload your photos taken with the mobile, to other GTA IV players. (Why you would want to, i dont know)

*Stallion and Comet are definetely in, the Shtzu NRG500 has been replaced by the FASTER (!!!) NHG900RR.

*There will be a full indoor shopping centre in Alderney with clothes shops, food shops and more.

*The news tickers around Star Junction (Times Square) and elsewhere, will upodate all the time, including descriptions of perpetrators - including you.

*The Hot Coffee incident is referenced in th eposter for Bean Machine Coffee signs everywhere - th eposition of the beans being no accident apparently.

*Flushing Meadows is featured in its entirety. As is a recreation of Astroland at Coney Island. Rides such as the Corpse Ride and Cyclone Rollercoaster (renamed The Screamer) can be tested (!!!), and the major tourist spots will play a part in some missions.

*There are a variety of games to play in the Videogeddon Arcade - keep an eye out for people and posters attacking violent video games.

*The LCPD badge worn by all officers has a silouhetted logo of 2 cops dragging a guy by his legs away.

*As well as the subway and taxis, you can also take a ride in the skytram.

*The incar shooting mechanics have finally been "nailed" according to the preview - takes some practice, but it really works now.

*You can listen to the radio in the multiplayer lobby. Once you get an updatedMP3 phone, you can also carry on listening to the music on foot, ingame.

*You can blow up an entire petrol station with rocket launchers. (Was in a multiplayer segment, unknown if its SP too, or if it "respawns").

*Races are not limited by the car you start off in, can switch cars mid race.

*In a nod ot Mario Kart et al, you can pick up new weapons by driving over their respective floating icons - there is also a pure racing mode with no weapons.

*Your health is represented by a bar around the compass (as is the armour) and also by 8 blocks around the targetting reticule. Holding a triger down halfway will allow you to free aim. for the head etc.

*AI shooting is based on true line of sight schematics, if they cant see you, they really cant hit you. Being in cover also removes you from the radar - interesting for mp!

*While you can call a cab after a failed mission, you can also use the mobile to instantly restart the mission.

*Theres a massive 6 page section on the multiplayer alone, not with anything really that new, but they describe it, among other things, as sublime. They didnt expect anything, they were surprised by how complete a package it is.

*They did say that friendly fire, police prescence, traffic levels, ped numbers, respawn times, auto aim, weapon types, time of day, aiming reticule size, voice chat, gamertag display, duration of match, team numbers and format and radio station selection can be changed amongst other things.

*Killing gets you cash, BUT you need to collect the cash from the bodies - sniping campers beware!

*If you time it well enough, you can leap onto and cling to the undercarriage of a helicopter taking off by AI.

*There WONT be a recreation of Bronx Zoo in South Bohan, dogs are in the game though.

*You can get onto the top of most of the iconice towers, including Empire State, Chrysler, Metlife (Getalife), and Hearst Towers. At the top theres incredibly no pop up. At all. Apparently.

*City wide terrorist threat is the reason why thebridges will be cordoned off until you get beyond a certain mission point. This time its perfectly possibly to TRY and get across the bridge, but that large number of stars instantly appearing on your screen might mean you wont make it across, alive.
 10 years ago '04        #702
magnum man 
space
avatar space
space
$665 | Props total: 0 0
New article on the audio of GTAIV:
 10 years ago '04        #703
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
 ---Max-Payne--- said:
I don't remember him saying this in the audio...
maybe u remember the part of the article where it says these are only portions, read for yourself:

 04-18-2008, 09:47 PM         #704
Mr. 2-85 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 magnum man said:
Some new info I found:

May 2008 edition of UK magazine XBOXWorld 360 has a 17 page preview with a few titbits of info. Some may be info you DON'T want to know yet so dont say i haven't warned you.

*First the controls

A - Run, Handbrake

B - Push, Cinematic Camera

X - Jump, Cycle Through Weapons

Y - Enter Car, Exit Car

Left Stick - Move, Steer

Right Stick - Camera, Aim

Click Left Stick - Crouch, Horn

Click Right Stick - Look Behind

LT - Lock On, Brake

RT - Shot/Attack, Accelerate

LB - Call Cab, Shoot

RB - Take Cover, Handbrake

D-Pad Up - Use Phone

D-Pad Left/Right - Cycle Weapons, Cycle Radio Stations

*Walking is handled by pressing and holding A, tapping A sends Niko into a sprint. Preview not sure how well this works at the moment, but reckons one could get used to it - bit weird from the sounds of it (why not just have analogue walking / running?)

*Niko grabs onto ledges automatically.

*Nikos martial arts are "courtesy" of former UFC heavyweight champ Bas Rutten, a scary Dutchman who is a qualified instructor and high level black belt in Thai Boxing, Pancrase hybrid wrestling, Kyokushin Karate and Tae Kwon Do.

*Smash headlong into a wall and you run the risk of being propelled through the windscreen of the car.

*If you commit a crime in a car and "lose" the police they may set up roadblocks in a wide circumference around your position and then begin searching within that circumference - the previewer playing the game said switching cars, unseen, can get you out of the situation, as the police are looking for you in a particular car / on foot. If you drive sensibly you can even go past the police who are on the search for you.

*Cover system is fluid, blind firing is possible like GoW, and Niko rols between different adjacent forms of cover, and will stay locked to the wall until you move away.

*Day/Night cycles are 48 minutes (twice as long as previous GTA games, 1 RL min - 30 GTA mins).

*Cafes and Delis serve food to regain health, and is also used to conduct business and social engagements. Niko wont pack on pouns tho, like CJ.

*Police cars can be used to access their database computers to find phone numbers of anyone you get the name of ingame, even off the ingame internet (which includes mock versions of craigs list called "crap list"). So find a name (can also be found on flyers, scrawled on walls or signs), ring 911 to call a police car, hijack the car and hack the computer to find that persons number. Then give em a call to further the mission, get aid, arrange a date, stalk, wtver.

*Furthermore, you can snap any random person on your phones camera, upload them to the police car computer, and find their full profile and address.

*Any addresses you gleam from the police car computers wil be added to your GPS unit in any police, or upmarket car, and will give you full directions to the destination.

*Minigames include pool, darts, basketball, bowling, GoGo Space Monkey, golf driving range amongst "others".

*SA's RS Haul is back and will include missions centred around it, immigrant missions FTW!

*The Gruppe Sechs securicars are back also, but now theres a bigger emphasis on jacking them, nicking the money and destroying the evidence. Stealing them, and getting away from th eaftermath is described as "tough" though.

*There is speculation within th epreview (read SPECULATION) that there is strong hints that you will be able to upload your photos taken with the mobile, to other GTA IV players. (Why you would want to, i dont know)

*Stallion and Comet are definetely in, the Shtzu NRG500 has been replaced by the FASTER (!!!) NHG900RR.

*There will be a full indoor shopping centre in Alderney with clothes shops, food shops and more.

*The news tickers around Star Junction (Times Square) and elsewhere, will upodate all the time, including descriptions of perpetrators - including you.

*The Hot Coffee incident is referenced in th eposter for Bean Machine Coffee signs everywhere - th eposition of the beans being no accident apparently.

*Flushing Meadows is featured in its entirety. As is a recreation of Astroland at Coney Island. Rides such as the Corpse Ride and Cyclone Rollercoaster (renamed The Screamer) can be tested (!!!), and the major tourist spots will play a part in some missions.

*There are a variety of games to play in the Videogeddon Arcade - keep an eye out for people and posters attacking violent video games.

*The LCPD badge worn by all officers has a silouhetted logo of 2 cops dragging a guy by his legs away.

*As well as the subway and taxis, you can also take a ride in the skytram.

*The incar shooting mechanics have finally been "nailed" according to the preview - takes some practice, but it really works now.

*You can listen to the radio in the multiplayer lobby. Once you get an updatedMP3 phone, you can also carry on listening to the music on foot, ingame.

*You can blow up an entire petrol station with rocket launchers. (Was in a multiplayer segment, unknown if its SP too, or if it "respawns").

*Races are not limited by the car you start off in, can switch cars mid race.

*In a nod ot Mario Kart et al, you can pick up new weapons by driving over their respective floating icons - there is also a pure racing mode with no weapons.

*Your health is represented by a bar around the compass (as is the armour) and also by 8 blocks around the targetting reticule. Holding a triger down halfway will allow you to free aim. for the head etc.

*AI shooting is based on true line of sight schematics, if they cant see you, they really cant hit you. Being in cover also removes you from the radar - interesting for mp!

*While you can call a cab after a failed mission, you can also use the mobile to instantly restart the mission.

*Theres a massive 6 page section on the multiplayer alone, not with anything really that new, but they describe it, among other things, as sublime. They didnt expect anything, they were surprised by how complete a package it is.

*They did say that friendly fire, police prescence, traffic levels, ped numbers, respawn times, auto aim, weapon types, time of day, aiming reticule size, voice chat, gamertag display, duration of match, team numbers and format and radio station selection can be changed amongst other things.

*Killing gets you cash, BUT you need to collect the cash from the bodies - sniping campers beware!

*If you time it well enough, you can leap onto and cling to the undercarriage of a helicopter taking off by AI.

*There WONT be a recreation of Bronx Zoo in South Bohan, dogs are in the game though.

*You can get onto the top of most of the iconice towers, including Empire State, Chrysler, Metlife (Getalife), and Hearst Towers. At the top theres incredibly no pop up. At all. Apparently.

*City wide terrorist threat is the reason why thebridges will be cordoned off until you get beyond a certain mission point. This time its perfectly possibly to TRY and get across the bridge, but that large number of stars instantly appearing on your screen might mean you wont make it across, alive.
good sh*t
 10 years ago '06        #705
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
avatar space
space
$21,788 | Props total: 173 173
*City wide terrorist threat is the reason why thebridges will be cordoned off until you get beyond a certain mission point. This time its perfectly possibly to TRY and get across the bridge, but that large number of stars instantly appearing on your screen might mean you wont make it across, alive.
 10 years ago '04        #706
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
avatar space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
^^ it was always posible to get to the blocked off areas ahead of time...just them wanted stars was no joke...especially in SA when that Attack helicopter came after you with the missles...
 10 years ago '06        #707
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,824 | Props total: 1170 1170
 Ex The God said:
Do you know how many individual sound effect files are in GTA IV?

MS: We have around four-and-a-half thousand individual sfx in the game, which are combined into around 19 thousand different combinations. That’s ignoring the insane amount of dialogue, cutscenes and radio content. Rain sounds alone take up around a third of the entire audio budget for San Andreas!

DAMN
With the massive scale of GTA IV it's really got me thinking about how they're gonna fit all this on a 360 disc? I know Blu-Ray will fit it all w/ space to spare, but how much can a 360 disc hold again?
 10 years ago '04        #708
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
avatar space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 Jersey826 said:
With the massive scale of GTA IV it's really got me thinking about how they're gonna fit all this on a 360 disc? I know Blu-Ray will fit it all w/ space to spare, but how much can a 360 disc hold again?
9GB is what a DVD 9can hold...actually it can hold 8.7 GB...but compression is key here... you can make 20GB be as small as 9GB and still be great quality audio and graphics...just depends on where and what you compress...

most PS3 games are only using up about 7 - 9 GB the remaining gB are just uncompressed so SONY can say this game isn't possible on any other system because it's a 25 GB BR disk...when in actuality if they compress it...it would onl;y be an 8 Gb game...
 10 years ago '06        #709
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,824 | Props total: 1170 1170
 Da Ill One said:
9GB is what a DVD 9can hold...actually it can hold 8.7 GB...but compression is key here... you can make 20GB be as small as 9GB and still be great quality audio and graphics...just depends on where and what you compress...

most PS3 games are only using up about 7 - 9 GB the remaining gB are just uncompressed so SONY can say this game isn't possible on any other system because it's a 25 GB BR disk...when in actuality if they compress it...it would onl;y be an 8 Gb game...
Aight good to know cause this was the only thing that had me hesitating about choosin the 360 version over the PS3.
 04-18-2008, 10:30 PM         #710
Big Hommie 85 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dropkicknu said:
im glad there's a new thread. i was sick of seeing the first post in the last thread. "do yall think dogs wil be added?"
And as i predicted over a year ago, DOGS ARE IN THE GAME, as i just read today!!! however, this thread was deff needed, mine was too long and unorganized!!!
 10 years ago '12        #711
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
I dunno



Any difference?
 10 years ago '04        #712
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
avatar space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
Neither get that sh*t for the Atari Jaguar...sh*t's making a comeback with GTA IV son... PS3 is a paperweight and the 360 will burn your house down...
 04-19-2008, 05:55 AM         #713
therandgr81 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
get it for the 360....i have both systems and i asked myself the same question....i picked the 360 version because of achivement points, the exclusive dlc they have coming out and because xbox live gives me the better online experience
 10 years ago '12        #714
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
 Da Ill One said:
Neither get that sh*t for the Atari Jaguar...sh*t's making a comeback with GTA IV son... PS3 is a paperweight and the 360 will burn your house down...
this n*gga whyllinnnnnnn
 10 years ago '12        #716
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
 +HydrO+ said:

[pic - click to view]

Honestly, thats how I feel right now, are they suppose to be the same or what?
 10 years ago '04        #717
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22 OP
space
avatar space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
i think they are the same (no one knows yet) but i copped the 360 version for the dlc & achievements
 10 years ago '12        #718
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
ightttt
 10 years ago '05        #719
STL-FYNEST314 
space
avatar space
space
$3,310 | Props total: 3 3
if i still had my 360, i'll get it for that, just because of the dlc. since i only have a ps3 now, i dont have a choice.
 10 years ago '05        #720
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129

[pic - click to view]



man...fu*k GTA IV!!! :banghead::thumbsdow:finger:
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 9
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 8
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
94 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 7
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy