The *OFFICIAL* Grand Theft Auto IV Thread: Warning! Some People are posting SPOILERS

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
63 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
107 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which Console Are You Getting GTA IV For?
PS3 188 36.29%
Xbox 360 302 58.30%
Both (That's How I Roll) 28 5.41%
Voters: 518. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #621
DJKromeX 39 heat pts39
space
space
$1,303 | Props total: 0 0
 P-Hill said:
just so ya'll know... the 360 version has an optional install

I will be installing :)
wooaa you got a source for that? I thought it was only for ps3
 10 years ago '04        #622
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
 P-Hill said:
Microsoft backing GTA 4 with Halo 3 scale ad campaign

The platform holder is spending big money to ensure gamers know the Xbox 360 version of GTA 4 is the one to buy.

Xbox Head of Gaming and Entertainment Stephen McGill has confirmed that the platform holder will be supporting the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV with a campaign on the same scale as Halo 3.

"Rockstar will naturally be doing their own campaign to launch what obviously will be a massive title for them, but Microsoft sees GTA IV as a fantastic title to showcase how great Xbox 360 is... what with it's amazing graphics & gaming experience, coupled with playing with your friends on Xbox LIVE, achievements and of course the exclusive extra episodic content for GTA IV that will be downloadable this Autumn and will only be available on Xbox 360.

"As such you can expect a large awareness campaign from us, showcasing how great GTA IV on Xbox 360 is, and what great value the Xbox 360 console is too. Our campaign is the same sort of scale as our Halo 3 campaign last year so you can expect to see and hear a lot about GTA IV on Xbox 360 over the coming weeks."

The campaign began this week with lifestyle press advertising - commercials will begin to run on TV from this weekend, continuing beyond the launch of the highly anticipated title.

GTA 4 is scheduled for release on April 29 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

i just wanna kno who gonna act suprised?
 10 years ago '05        #623
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,081 | Props total: 10757 10757
 DJKromeX said:
wooaa you got a source for that? I thought it was only for ps3
oops, i meant to put that it's rumored soddy, soddy.

This could be very funny. “Skip” - Andrew Pfister, the writer of 1up’s GTA IV preview - has posted on Neogaf saying that the PS3 version of GTA IV features a five-minute mandatory install. Unsurprisingly, teh internets have gone grade A crackers for it.

We’re also reliably informed this morning that the 360 version features an “optional install” as well. We’ll drop Rockstar a note asking for confirmation.
 10 years ago '04        #624
DJKromeX 39 heat pts39
space
space
damn i might have to make the upgrade for my hard drive soon then
 04-17-2008, 09:36 AM         #625
master467 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
FOR ANYONE INTERESTED

As it stands now, EA is holding firm to its $26-a-share offer, which Take-Two management has rejected as too low and ill-timed. Take-Two, based in New York, has offered to negotiate with suitors, including EA, on April 30, the day after the latest version of Grand Theft Auto ships. The ambitious game -- expected to be a spectacular hit -- has been one factor complicating predictions about the outcome of EA's bid. Take-Two executives have said the company's share price prior to EA's public disclosure of its bid in February didn't reflect Wall Street expectations for big sales of the game.
TAKEN FROM WALL STREET JOURNAL, FULL ARTICLE HERE:
 10 years ago '05        #626
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
social club site is up... pre-registration starts 2day

Last edited by P-Hill; 04-17-2008 at 11:05 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #627
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22 OP
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
i got a cheap capture card to capture the mayhem on gta iv night :D
 10 years ago '07        #628
Trae Jay 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,086 | Props total: 194 194
 P-Hill said:
social club site is up... pre-registration starts 2day
its not up yet
 10 years ago '04        #629
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
Future Publishing have just released their CVG GTA IV special. The whole magazine is dedicated to the biggest videogame franchise of the 21st Century. What stands out is their blatant lust for the Xbox 360 version over the PlayStation 3 version. Why? Because of the Downloadable Content of course. CVG compares the Xbox 360 exclusive DLC to the Vice City & San Andreas games in space and scope, and claims the DLC will feature a brand new city.

I've included the whole quote here so the comments can be viewed in their full context.

"Of course, to call games as vastly ambitious as Vice City or San Andreas mere 'expansion packs' seems childish, but nevertheless, the downloadable content (DLC) coming for the Xbox 360 version of IV has repositioned those games in just this way. DLC so far has meant the odd new car, jumper of bit of horse armour, but GTA IV is set to completely redefine the idea with expansions that are to GTA IV what Vice City or San Andreas were GTA III. Yes, Rockstar is clearly hinting at new downloadable cities; and the chances of them being London, Vice City or SA again are slim to none. So that's new as in brand new. GTA IV's Liberty City is the beginning. Think about that and be excited."

What should be noted is that this special edition magazine has been sponsored by Microsoft. There are advertisements for the Xbox 360 edition of GTA IV (with DLC) as well as other 360 games including Ninja Gaiden II and Lost Odyssey. In this context the comments by CVG sound suspiciously like advertorial - e.g. paid for editorial. If this is the case than CVG really should follow proper journalistic standards and clearly label the piece as such.

Nevertheless a full new GTA city coming to Xbox 360 in Autumn? Those Houser brothers better get their skates on.
 10 years ago '04        #630
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
new city?...interesting
 10 years ago '04        #631
DJKromeX 39 heat pts39
space
space
kay slay - DAMN!
 10 years ago '05        #632
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
10 hours at least is good to hear... but hearing that it could be a new city has me thinking about Shivering Isles... that was massive in itself.... if it's like that then :applause: if not, then stop the BS microsoft

Last edited by P-Hill; 04-17-2008 at 12:18 PM..
 04-17-2008, 12:20 PM         #633
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BURNOUT about to have huge City/Island added to its map.........FOR FREE

and I heard that sh*t is huge, but ya Shivering Isles was fu*king nuts I person don't fu*k with that but my lil brother does and seeing him play that sh*t is like a whole Oblivion, better graphics and sh*t.
 04-17-2008, 12:23 PM         #634
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kap(Da)King said:
i just wanna kno who gonna act suprised?
50 million bones my dude, 50 million bones, MS needs to recoup all that as fast as possible now and even more later on with DLC.

I don't see a TIMES SQUARE partyh event and sh*t for a GTA game though, this game is too controversial to be put in that type of light, so don't expect anything like that.

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 04-17-2008 at 12:26 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #635
DJKromeX 39 heat pts39
space
space
 Ex The God said:
Whats the social club?
the rockstar equivalent to bungie.net, but more interactive
 10 years ago '04        #636
DJKromeX 39 heat pts39
space
space

pre regestration starts tonight most likely
 10 years ago '05        #637
natural 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,954 | Props total: 3 3
 Ex The God said:
Link?
 10 years ago '04        #638
Gold~Ringz 
space
space
$1,297 | Props total: 300 300
been over on other gta forums and everybody seems to be bi*chin at people who havent pre ordered here in the uk yet, and how its gonna be just impossible to get on the shelf.never happend before here in the uk with any title

but hey...went into GAME today and asked about the bundle us UK heads are gettin..£320 ps3 40gb/gtaIV and turns out im pre order number 001...so many people are getting hardware for this game to0.anyway its rediculous how some people are flippin out i think.EVERYONE IS GETING THIS GAME..

Last edited by Gold~Ringz; 04-17-2008 at 01:58 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #639
m3st 1 heat pts
space
space
$678 | Props total: 0 0
^^ i was at ebgames earlier today (to preorder my SE) and when i talked to the guy, he said that they are getting 250 copies, if u havent pre-ordered yet im pretty sure u can stil get a copy on launch.
 10 years ago '04        #640
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,328 | Props total: 11370 11370
Anybody who has a 360 and PS3 and still gets this for the PS3 is smoking rocks man, I'm sorry.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago