The *OFFICIAL* Grand Theft Auto IV Thread: Warning! Some People are posting SPOILERS

most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
54 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which Console Are You Getting GTA IV For?
PS3 188 36.29%
Xbox 360 302 58.30%
Both (That's How I Roll) 28 5.41%
Voters: 518. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #41
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3

the MP shots start at 2:55
 10 years ago '06        #42
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,916 | Props total: 7614 7614
 Steve Nice 007 said:
^^^^^ im really gonna have to focus on finishing the game, its gonna be hard with online mode!!!
Thats the same thing I was thinking. If I get online first i might not ever beat it. I also want to get the story out the way incase I want to pick up the extra episode in october.
 10 years ago '05        #43
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
no matter how good the online mode is it will never steer me from the main game...c'mon this is gta lets be serious
 04-03-2008, 02:07 PM         #44
jhj2004 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'm getting this
 04-03-2008, 02:16 PM         #45
C-Murduh187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good look Hydro! Everytime GTA comes out, there is no patience for it to come out! Damn I can't wait!
 10 years ago '05        #46
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
 Steve Nice 007 said:
Just Got Back From Gamestop, Took It Off Reserve For PS3 and Reserved It For 360!!!
i had it reserved for both until the release date got changed to april...i was always gonna cancel one of them when i decided what format to go with cause i dont do that same game different console sh*t...now i just got the special edition for 360 coming but then if the sh*t breaks again my minds made up
 10 years ago '04        #47
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,331 | Props total: 11371 11371
Pre-ordered my sh*t on Monday. Can't wait until the clock strikes midnight on 4/29, I will be knocking n*ggas out the way to get mine first.
 04-03-2008, 04:03 PM         #48
dropkicknu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im glad there's a new thread. i was sick of seeing the first post in the last thread. "do yall think dogs wil be added?"
 10 years ago '04        #49
strahan2004 40 heat pts40
space
space
$5,059 | Props total: 405 405
i learned more in 5mn of reading this post,than reading the 20.000 pages from the older thread...
props playa
 10 years ago '05        #50
JayMosEnvied 
space
space
$920 | Props total: 0 0
why would you buy the game for both systems? one is good enough haha
 10 years ago '04        #51
BeRRETASx 
space
space
$409 | Props total: 9 9
I'm gonna have to get that sh*t for ps3 now, cause my xbox got the ring of death!!! But im still gonna cop it for 360 when i get my sh*t back just because of the exclusive content and cause xbox offers better online then the ps3 in my opinion
 10 years ago '07        #52
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,232 | Props total: 20020 20020
 dropkicknu said:
im glad there's a new thread. i was sick of seeing the first post in the last thread. "do yall think dogs wil be added?"
lol co-sign :applause:

sick motherufckers wanting to k!ll dogs

peta stand up ha
 10 years ago '07        #53
htownplaya 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,566 | Props total: 0 0
^^yup i seen it.....i dont think it complements the game though...
 10 years ago '04        #54
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
Thsi thread definitely is the business. Lots of info that I didn't know about. Good sh*t, Dro.
 10 years ago '04        #55
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22 OP
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
We talk to Rob Taylor from Xbox World, the first games writer to complete GTA IV

With GTA IV due out on April 29 a few of our esteemed magazine friends in the GamesRadar network have been granted access to review the game already. That's right - one of the perks of being permanently slagged off on forums and two-bit blogs is that games writers get the opportunity to play games before they're in the shops.

The first of our colleagues to actaully finish the game is Rob Taylor, deputy editor of Xbox World 360 magazine, and below he tells us (as best he can) what it feels like to be the first person to finish GTA in the world. Lucky bastard.

You're the first games writer to have finished GTA IV, how does that feel?

Pretty darn sweet to be honest, I allowed myself a quick smug grin when the Rockstar guys told me! It's funny; I didn't actually really get to play as much as – say – the Benelux journos we met while up in Chelsea (we were based in Rockstar's actual offices and I think I racked up 25 hours at the final count, while they were ensconced in their hotel rooms playing up to 11 hours a day!) and I also had to write down some fairly comprehensive tips for the first batch of missions so actually I got off to a slow start.

On day two though, I flew through a major batch of the story missions without messing up once and then on the final day a Rockstar PR sidled up to me pretty late on while I was swearing my head off at getting stuck during a mission called 'A D*** B*** S**** C***' (edited to avoid spoiler) and said "Keep pushing on, you're actually nearly there. The missions are meant to be tough near the end!". It's true; the final couple of missions are rock, but after a couple of retries I finally made the breakthrough. And boy did I feel relieved; to have missed out that late on after all that, ahem... 'hard work' would have been hard to take.

How hard has it been to keep it all a secret?

Well, I've been threatened with physical violence more than a few times by mag colleagues after my constant stream of GTA enthusiasm threatened to get a bit too spoiler-intensive! Generally though, it'd be a shame to ruin the surprises for anyone else; GTA IV single player simply has to be played on your lonesome to be fully appreciate it for what it is: a true milestone in videogames. Likewise, my review in Xbox World 360 (out Wednesday 23rd April) talks more in general terms rather than getting into specifics... I can tell people why they have to buy this game, but I'd rather not tell them everything that transpires while doing so.

How did it all pan out then? Where did you play it?

So we got the call from Rockstar to come up on the March 26 and play for three straight days in a row – including a Saturday! We'd usually kick off at 9 or 10ish in the moring, play until 8 or 9 at night, then go eat, then crash before getting up the next morning and do it all over again. Sat in front of a 60" LCD screen in a dark room for nigh on 30 hours – now that's hardcore! Every GTA fan's dream though, huh?

How hard did you find it, playing it under so much pressure? Did you die a lot?

Definitely. It's funny, I actually had another colleague in the room with me, who also got real close to finishing. We were always comparing stats though, and I think I'd died 40-odd more times than he had by the end of the game. And failed, like, 50 missions! So I think in my rush to get through the game my skills let me down once or twice(!) The pressure to plough through as much as humanly possible did get irritating at times – especially when you get stuck on a certain mission – but you want to soak in as much atmosphere for your readers, cover as much ground as possible... all while taking over 4000 words worth of notes on a nearby laptop! It was the ultimate mix of fun and high pressure.

How different is the game from the others?

It's certainly tighter, both in terms of the way Liberty city is structured and the way in which the narrative feels more movie-like than before. Otherwise, everything feels as if it's been given the next-gen treatment; in particular the driving and shooting are light years ahead of past GTAs. Overall, it's a stratospheric leap forward, beyond anything I'd imagined.

Was the game everything you expected? Or are there some surprises?

That's a tricky question. It certainly exceeded my expectations, while there are so many small, chucklesome Easter Egg-style surprises that you're constantly shaking your head at just how savvy a developer Rockstar really is – light years ahead of its contemporaries. Again though, it's hard to be specific without venturing into the spoiler region... sorry!

In terms of the time it takes to finish, how does it compare with others in the series?

That's a hard question to answer really. I finished the story mode in 24 hours, without skipping cut scenes, but I literally blitzed through and hardly took on any side missions. If I was to play it again (which I will be, right on launch day!) I'd say to wrap up the story will take at least 40 hours at a normal pace, plus another – say, 25? – to wrap up the remainder of the missions. In truth though, you could be paving the streets of Liberty City in a year's time and still not have discovered everything. Plus, if you're a 360 owner, there's the promise of downloadable content to come...My advice is: just kick back, take your time and breathe every fresh sight and sound in, don't simply rush through just to finish it before your mates. I wish I'd had that option!

How many "Woooaah, Jesus that's amazing!" moments did you have?

Without giving away any spoilers; lots! I think, overall though, it'll be three overall things that entrance GTA fans like never before. The City is one, with a lighting engine that has to be seen to be believed, plus the incredible dialogue and characterisation is genuinely Oscar-worthy and Niko Bellic is absolutely the most amazing protagonist in any game I've ever played. Finally, multiplayer of course!

Are the GTA fans going to happy with the new game, do you think?

Obviously, you can't make everyone happy all of the time but if any GTA fans aren't happy with IV, they need to take a good long look at themselves. Seriously though, this game is going to make a lot of people very happy.

Did you get a chance to play much multiplayer? Did you get your a.ss kicked by the Rockstar guys?

Yes, Xbox World 360 actually snagged a whole day playing against Rockstar PRs and devs in a exclusive feature a month or so back. Rather than simply go with the whole deathmatch and Capture the Flag stuff, they've genuinely taken their time creating some amazing new modes that'll do the business online. Mafiya (a chaotic, mission based affair), Cops 'n' Crooks (one team try to capture the other) and Hangman's Noose (players team up to take an army of AI SWAT troops) were our personal faves...

If you had to pick a favourite out of all the games in the series now which one would it be?

GTA IV. By a country mile. It craps on all the others – even the mighty Vice City – from a height equivalent to the Statue of Happiness. Believe me, GTA IV is even better than the hype suggests!

10 years ago '04        #56
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22 OP
space
space
Rockstar Games has today confirmed that the version of Grand Theft Auto IV which will go on sale in Australia will not be the same version which gamers in other countries will be unwrapping later in the day.

Speaking to The Age, a representative for Rockstar Games confirmed that a "special verison" of the game was submitted for rating by the Office of Film and Literature Classification, who subsequently awarded an MA 15+ rating. Quite what content will be missing from the game was not disclosed, but earlier this week a BBFC report indicated the game contains intense s3xual content.
 10 years ago '04        #57
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22 OP
space
space
If you're anything like us, you've spent the last few months tracking down every morsel of Grand Theft Auto IV info you can get your hands on. Hey, we've played the damn thing, and that didn't sate our desire one bit (it only made it worse). But maybe you're new to the hype and don't feel like picking through a year's worth of preview coverage to get the whole story. While the final game will surely amount to more than the sum of its myriad parts, the most important bits -- the basics -- sometimes get lost in the shuffle of new information and features. We've cut a massive backlog of info down to the essential facts.

Heroes
Grand Theft Auto games have grown from having an unnamed protagonist in Grand Theft Auto 3 to the far more fleshed-out Carl "C.J." Johnson in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. And while spot-on mid-'80s and early '90s mock-ups were great settings for their respective titles, GTA4 is the first in the series to feature a modern-day setting (April 2008 in this case) alongside a clearly defined character.

The Eastern European Niko Bellic has arrived in New Yo...er, Liberty City, hoping that "things will be different" from the criminal difficulties of his old life. From the time we've spent with the game, he's the most complex, intriguing GTA lead character yet, with a subtle charm belying his stony visage. He spends time and runs missions with his cousin Roman (who enticed him to come overseas in the first place), the Rastafarian "Little" Jacob, and an extended cast of misanthropes and Russian Mafia runabouts.

Guns
The gun-based combat has long been the primary mechanical hang-up of GTA fans and detractors alike. It's always been one step behind the otherwise solid controls and a far throw from dedicated third-person shooters. GTA4 represents a dramatic step forward in its gunplay, allowing you to take cover, navigate environment options, and lock-on by flicking between targets with the right analog stick or manually aim at targets with a full or half-press of the left controller trigger/shoulder button. It hasn't felt quite right in what we've played, though; it's perfectly functional but never outstandingly responsive.

The melee combat gets a similarly mixed upgrade, with far more offensive and defensive maneuvers, but it lacks the polish to truly make it click. Still, combat in GTA4 is more dynamic and interesting than ever, and -- though they're seemingly doomed to imperfection -- the controls are a vast improvement. As for the weapons themselves, we've only had time with a few, but we're more than satisfied with the destructive results. Uzis and the like can now be aimed independently while driving vehicles. On foot, the new, jaw-dropping Rocket Launcher skims the ground, leaving smoky trails and screen-rattling explosions in its wake. You can also toss grenades out of car windows, making for some maniacally hilarious images in your rear-view mirror.

Cars
It takes a few minutes to readjust to GTA4's intentionally slippery vehicle handling after a few years of street racers and Burnouts, but whipping your various rides around corners during police chases and diving out of flaming, about-to-blow wrecks at the last possible moment is as rewarding as ever. The visceral differences between various cars are more pronounced than ever, a.ssuring that you'll feel a pang of regret when you steal a beater after passing by a luxury sports car on the street. You'll now pop an elbow through a window of parked/locked cars to get their doors open, and then you'll watch Niko hot-wire them before getting behind the wheel (a process you can speed up with some rapid button presses).

As in Saints Row, you'll now see Niko fly through a few windshields when driving way too fast and coming to an all-too-abrupt stop. And thanks to similar physics that dictate every physical action and reaction in the game, shooting another driver won't necessary slow down their car if they simply slump forward on the gas pedal.

The City
Unlike, well, any other game, GTA4's Liberty City -- New York to a tongue-in-cheek tee -- is startlingly, convincingly, and eerily real. Pedestrians drop what they're holding if you startle them, and they'll run to help others in need (and engage you violently if you caused it). Structurally, the architecture and artistry behind every dingy worn corner of the city has to be seen to be appreciated. With pitch-perfect lighting design and a real-time, dynamically cyclical weather system to drive it, every moment spent in Liberty City feels unique.

All of the social parody you're expecting is in place, from the smarmy billboards adorning the walls of Star Junction (Liberty City's Times Square) to the typically sarcastic radio DJs. And while the city lacks the scattered weapons and Rampage missions of previous GTAs, its side missions and sheer size and aesthetic variety will keep you exploring for months. Experiencing the highs and lows of everything Liberty City has to offer couldn't be more tantalizing.
 10 years ago '04        #58
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22 OP
space
space
In a partnership bound to shake, rattle and roll both the music biz and interactive entertainment, Rockstar Games and Amazon have teamed up to create an ambitious new model for digital music distribution. Built exclusively for the upcoming video game blockbuster Grand Theft Auto IV, it allows players to buy real-world MP3s of tracks heard over the game's numerous radio stations in a very seamless manner.

Advertised throughout Liberty City, the cheekily-named "ZiT" technology is built into the game's mobile phone interface system. As players cruise around the world listening to the in-game radio, they can at any point 'mark' a song by opening their phone and dialing the number ZIT-555-0100. Gamers will then receive a text message with the song and artist names, and if they're registered at the forthcoming Rockstar Games Social Club community site, they'll find an e-mail waiting in their inbox with a direct link to a custom playlist on Amazon.com. All songs tagged "ZiT" will be stored here, available for preview and purchase at Amazon's going rate of $.89-$.99 per track. Best of all, those MP3s are free of the Digital Rights Management (DRM) limitations imposed on files downloaded through Apple's iTunes store and thus can be imported into any computer or digital device with no constraints.
 10 years ago '04        #59
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22 OP
space
space
On April 29th Rockstar Games will release the most anticipated game of 2008, Grand Theft Auto IV. In addition to the game, the company is launching the Rockstar Social Club, a new website that will extend your experience of Grand Theft Auto IV and all future Rockstar Games titles.

The Rockstar Social Club is more than just a standard gaming site. It features all of the statistical leaderboards that gamers have come to expect, and combines them with performance-based competitions and awards.

Registration for the Rockstar Social Club begins on April 15th and anyone can sign up with their Xbox Gamertag and/or a PlayStation Network ID.

GTA IV, the first game featured on the Rockstar Social Club, has exciting features beyond multiplayer leaderboards, including:

LCPD Police Blotter -- A virtual map and tracker of single-player criminal activity logged in Liberty City from the aggregated data of millions of connected players - showing the most dangerous areas of town, most commonly used weapons and more.

The Story Gang -- This special single-player leaderboard recognizes players who complete Niko Bellic’s main story arc of Grand Theft Auto IV - The leaderboard ranks players according to the total amount of playing time it's taken to complete the story, as well as a historical rank by who has completed it first. Members of this club will receive special online widgets and merit badges marking all of their in-game accomplishments.

The 100% Club -- Watch to see who will be the first to complete 100% of the game. The first ten people to be identified on the Social Club as reaching 100% will be sent an ultra-rare commemorative 'key to the city' to mark their accomplishment. In the future, the 100% Club will then carry a historical leaderboard showing rankings of who has completed 100% of a game in the shortest span of playing hours.

The Hall of Fame -- This area will dynamically recognize those singularly elite players who have reached the top of the hill on various statistical leaderboards, and will also contain a personal awards display of special in-game landmarks and successes in Social Club competitions.

The Liberty City Marathon -- A ranking of special physical milestones achieved in the game - from the amount of miles walked, driven, or swam - to the number of bullets fired and stunt-jumps jumped. There will be additional special marathon-based competitions in the future from this area as well.

The Rockstar Social Club doesn’t stop there. With special competitions, leaderboards and challenges rolling out regularly in the weeks and months following the game’s release, this is just the beginning of an on-going Liberty City experience and is a small taste of what’s to come from Rockstar Games for GTA IV and beyond…

10 years ago '04        #60
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22 OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by +HydrO+; 04-04-2008 at 11:03 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
54 comments
23 hours ago