The *OFFICIAL* Grand Theft Auto IV Thread: Warning! Some People are posting SPOILERS

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Diddy pens letter to Pusha and Kanye proclaiming "Daytona" a CLASSIC
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yall seen this bi-ch fu-king yet? my word!
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Finished my 18 years of child support
154 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I will marry this woman for real.
88 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which Console Are You Getting GTA IV For?
PS3 188 36.29%
Xbox 360 302 58.30%
Both (That's How I Roll) 28 5.41%
Voters: 518. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #2981
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22 OP
space
space
$3,511 | Props total: 42 42
finished the story today now to go for 100%
 05-08-2008, 09:56 AM         #2982
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iamcrackmuzik said:
damn that monitor is small....I dunno how yall game on small displays without surround sound.....it doesn't do the game justice
That's my office. I have a theater setup in the living room. Another PS3 there.

Plus that monitor is 22 inches, does a good job since you're sitting right in front of it and not 10 feet away.
 10 years ago '05        #2983
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
 luda06 said:
According to the Microsoft rep I spoke with, the warranty only covers "3 rings" and not anything else.
Fix it yourself. Or send it to my address, I need a backup.

Seriously, pm me if you don't want it.
 10 years ago '04        #2984
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,699 | Props total: 574 574
 iamcrackmuzik said:
damn that monitor is small....I dunno how yall game on small displays without surround sound.....it doesn't do the game justice
Most people who use monitors for gaming sit right in front of it 90% of the time, and a 22inch is alot bigger than you think if you're sitting right there
 10 years ago '05        #2985
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
 luda06 said:
According to the Microsoft rep I spoke with, the warranty only covers "3 rings" and not anything else.
Must of been speaking to an idiot. My box just arrived today and i only got one ring which was due to a dead video card.
 10 years ago '06        #2986
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$9,631 | Props total: 2711 2711
what kinda of moniter is that luda?.
 10 years ago '04        #2987
NIKEx18 
space
space
$1,132 | Props total: 2 2
 luda06 said:
My new setup.

[pic - click to view]

LOL AT THE XBOX IN THE GARBAGE!!!!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
 05-08-2008, 12:51 PM         #2988
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TreZ said:
what kinda of moniter is that luda?.
 05-08-2008, 12:51 PM         #2989
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
Must of been speaking to an idiot. My box just arrived today and i only got one ring which was due to a dead video card.
I'll call back and see what happens.
 10 years ago '05        #2990
DrDeath 17 heat pts17
space
space
$4,700 | Props total: 4596 4596
i still cant get on live and play this. It says the game has been disconnected every time it tries to start.
 05-08-2008, 03:57 PM         #2991
NIC DIAMONDS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo anybody who wants to do the mult player for PS3 hit me up my ps id is Nic_Diamonds.
 05-08-2008, 04:39 PM         #2992
Big Dee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i still like vice city the best. colorful scenery, dumb a.ss pedestrians, gettin a spray right in front of the police, no wanted-level circle, no cops bustin up in ur crib. they made it too real and took some of the fun out of the game. hopefully it grows on me.

does anybody know if you can store cheats in your phone though? sh*t's wack as fu*k tryna dial a 10 digit phone number for armor while ur just tryna sh*t on the police for a few minutes
 05-08-2008, 05:31 PM         #2993
djsmellie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Big Dee said:
i still like vice city the best. colorful scenery, dumb a.ss pedestrians, gettin a spray right in front of the police, no wanted-level circle, no cops bustin up in ur crib. they made it too real and took some of the fun out of the game. hopefully it grows on me.

does anybody know if you can store cheats in your phone though? sh*t's wack as fu*k tryna dial a 10 digit phone number for armor while ur just tryna sh*t on the police for a few minutes
On the cheats. Yes You Can
 10 years ago '06        #2994
ChrisStokes 105 heat pts105
space
space
$18,493 | Props total: 2235 2235
Following the launch of Take-Two and Rockstar Games' critically lauded Grand Theft Auto IV on April 29, the question on many industry watchers' minds was just how well the heavily anticipated game performed, and whether it lived up to its heady expectations. Take-Two kept the stats hungry mob on edge a full week after, saying just yesterday that the game nailed its reported 6 million sales prediction, generating $500 million in week-one revenue.

While Take-Two kept the industry waiting, Sony, which sponsored a portion of the advertising spots for the game, chimed in a full week prior to extol the game's as-yet-unconfirmed performance. In a congratulatory statement bereft of any hard details, the PlayStation maker said GTAIV "drove sales of the PlayStation 3 entertainment system within the first 24 hours," and not much else.

It now appears that the reason for Sony's ambiguity was that the majority of consumers opted to pick up GTAIV on Microsoft's console. On Microsoft's marketing-team-operated GamerScoreBlog today, the publisher dished on the stats breakdown for the 6 million sum copies of the game sold in its first week at market.

"According to retailers, more than 60 percent of all GTA games sold in the first week were the Xbox 360 version," the publisher's marketing team wrote on its blog. Sony had not responded to queries for comment on this claim as of press time. According to the hardware makers' most recent numbers, the Xbox 360's global installed base stands at 19 million, with the PlayStation 3 trailing at 13 million.

Microsoft also said that GTAIV has caused sales of its console to spike 54 percent week-over-week, and that retailers' data indicates the game is attaching to new console purchases at a rate of 40 percent. GTAIV has also proven to be a hit with online gamers, as the publisher noted earlier this week that the game had unseated Activision's Call of Duty 4 as the top Xbox Live title for the week.

Source: Gamespot
 10 years ago '04        #2995
deziking 98 heat pts98
space
space
$20,979 | Props total: 7871 7871
 ChrisStokes said:
Following the launch of Take-Two and Rockstar Games' critically lauded Grand Theft Auto IV on April 29, the question on many industry watchers' minds was just how well the heavily anticipated game performed, and whether it lived up to its heady expectations. Take-Two kept the stats hungry mob on edge a full week after, saying just yesterday that the game nailed its reported 6 million sales prediction, generating $500 million in week-one revenue.

While Take-Two kept the industry waiting, Sony, which sponsored a portion of the advertising spots for the game, chimed in a full week prior to extol the game's as-yet-unconfirmed performance. In a congratulatory statement bereft of any hard details, the PlayStation maker said GTAIV "drove sales of the PlayStation 3 entertainment system within the first 24 hours," and not much else.

It now appears that the reason for Sony's ambiguity was that the majority of consumers opted to pick up GTAIV on Microsoft's console. On Microsoft's marketing-team-operated GamerScoreBlog today, the publisher dished on the stats breakdown for the 6 million sum copies of the game sold in its first week at market.

"According to retailers, more than 60 percent of all GTA games sold in the first week were the Xbox 360 version," the publisher's marketing team wrote on its blog. Sony had not responded to queries for comment on this claim as of press time. According to the hardware makers' most recent numbers, the Xbox 360's global installed base stands at 19 million, with the PlayStation 3 trailing at 13 million.

Microsoft also said that GTAIV has caused sales of its console to spike 54 percent week-over-week, and that retailers' data indicates the game is attaching to new console purchases at a rate of 40 percent. GTAIV has also proven to be a hit with online gamers, as the publisher noted earlier this week that the game had unseated Activision's Call of Duty 4 as the top Xbox Live title for the week.

Source: Gamespot

poor sony :(
 10 years ago '04        #2996
deziking 98 heat pts98
space
space
$20,979 | Props total: 7871 7871
 Ex The God said:
*waits for Dopeman to come in here defending it...saying they counted wrong or something*
lets make cookies for these ps3 fannies i think their feelings are hurt :banghead:
 05-08-2008, 06:12 PM         #2997
Big Dee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 djsmellie said:
On the cheats. Yes You Can
how do u do it?
 10 years ago '04        #2998
Jae_Hood_354 155 heat pts155
space
space
$9,135 | Props total: 4542 4542
 deziking said:
lets make cookies for these ps3 fannies i think their feelings are hurt :banghead:
its still early it will change its been out what 2 weeks btw cheer now n when gta5 drops only for ps3 there will be alot of yall crying
 10 years ago '07        #2999
KeepinItTrill 33 heat pts33
space
space
$51,304 | Props total: 18053 18053
 Jae_Hood_354 said:
its still early it will change its been out what 2 weeks btw cheer now n when gta5 drops only for ps3 there will be alot of yall crying
I guarantee that the next GTA is gonna be multi platform again, Take-Two and Rockstar aint stupid. Why would they NOT make it multi-platform, that's another 300+ million dollars revenue easily.
 10 years ago '05        #3000
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Rockstar cakin' off this sh*t.

The game isn't even that great either. , but I could see where it got those perfect 10s from, nothing to go crazy about IMO.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jas Prince got Cuban links for da feets
22 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside You like t**ties? You'll like these ones... MILFY
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA GS fans, how worried are you?
108 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside May 23 - tough on crime republican state representative cries when caug..
63 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside How is Tru Life still breaded after he did years in prison & neva went..
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
May 23 - 7-Eleven Planning To Sell CBD Products in 4,000 Locations
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Ring Doorbell Test
6 comments
2 days ago