The *OFFICIAL* Grand Theft Auto IV Thread: Warning! Some People are posting SPOILERS

most viewed right now
DONT LET THESE TRAPS FOOL YOU! Here's how to effectively avoid them.
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 Video inside First she'll break your ankles, then she'll your heart!!!
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This is what the richest zip code in America looks like
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rosey Got Thickkkkkk
34 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which Console Are You Getting GTA IV For?
PS3 188 36.29%
Xbox 360 302 58.30%
Both (That's How I Roll) 28 5.41%
Voters: 518. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #2941
~DMX911~ 
space
space
$1,288 | Props total: 3 3
 HeavenlySword said:
g.o.t.y.
no doubt
 10 years ago '04        #2942
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,544 | Props total: 5068 5068
 HeavenlySword said:
g.o.t.y.
GOTY?

more like GOTC

Game Of The Century
 05-06-2008, 10:22 PM         #2943
Unkle-Luc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
GOTY?

more like GOTC

Game Of The Century
 05-06-2008, 10:26 PM         #2944
HeavenlySword 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
GOTY?

more like GOTC

Game Of The Century
on the real. i said GOTD originally.

Game of The Decade.

But i didnt wanna scare anybody.....
 10 years ago '04        #2945
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22 OP
space
space
$3,511 | Props total: 42 42
Grand Theft Auto IV, the latest iteration of the hit video game franchise, racked up first-week sales of $500 million, Take-Two Interactive, the game’s publisher, plans to announce on Wednesday. The report exceeded the sales expectations of analysts.

The company is expected to report it sold six million copies of the graphically violent game, 3.6 million of them on the first day.

The sales exceed projections of industry analysts who were estimating that some five million consumers would purchase the game in the first two weeks.

The significance of the sales extends beyond buoying Take-Two, a company that has had its share of legal, financial and management struggles in the last few years. The company is the subject of a $2 billion hostile takeover effort by Electronic Arts, which is offering Take Two shareholders $25.74 a share for control of the company. If Take-Two can exceed sales expectations on Grand Theft Auto IV, it has the potential to drive up the share price and force Electronic Arts to raise its offer.

On Tuesday, Take Two’s shares closed at $26.35, up 29 cents.

Electronic Arts’ takeover bid turned hostile after Take-Two management said that it would not negotiate an acquisition agreement with Electronic Arts — or any suitor — until after the release of Grand Theft Auto IV. Now that the game is out, Take-Two may well have entered discussions with Electronic Arts and possibly other suitors who covet the Grand Theft Auto franchise, but Take-Two has declined to comment on whether such discussions are taking place.

If Take-Two and Electronic Arts wind up doing a deal, there is pressure on Electronic Arts and also on some Take-Two shareholders to get one done quickly. Electronic Arts has said that it needs to get a deal in time to subsume Take-Two’s a.ssets before the holiday selling season.

Take-Two’s management has said that the success of Grand Theft Auto IV is awakening shareholders to the long-term value of the company’s stock and that if investors can be patient it can command a higher price in the long term.

Last edited by +HydrO+; 05-07-2008 at 05:11 AM..
 10 years ago '06        #2946
swiff epics 3 heat pts
space
space
$584 | Props total: 117 117
this game is too merky, cant put it down.
 05-07-2008, 06:58 AM         #2947
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
COT DAMN!, remember is one 1 WEEK!

Imagine the second week and 3rd week and beyond until then of 2008

this sh*t will do atleast 10 million by the end of 2008.

EA wishing all them dollas were theirs
 05-07-2008, 06:58 AM         #2948
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what was the address to that communty website for GTA4 that kap had us sign up on, and is anyone messing with that sight
 05-07-2008, 06:58 AM         #2949
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
PS3 WILL GET A PATCH TODAY, I guess is for those people having issues online and optimized the code.
 10 years ago '04        #2950
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22 OP
space
space
$3,511 | Props total: 42 42
 7thWonder said:
what was the address to that communty website for GTA4 that kap had us sign up on, and is anyone messing with that sight
 10 years ago '05        #2951
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Take-Two Confirms GTA's Half a Billion Week

Last night the New York Times let slip that Grand Theft Auto IV pulled in more than $500 million in its first week, selling an astounding 6 million copies globally, 3.6 million of them on the first day alone. This morning Take-Two confirmed the report, adding some well-deserved back-patting to the numbers.

To put it in perspective Halo 3, the previous record-holder, earned $300 million in the first week.

"We knew Grand Theft Auto IV would break new ground in terms of the player's experience, with its compelling story line, extraordinary gameplay and action that ranges over a broad urban canvas. Now, it has broken sales and rating records as well. Grand Theft Auto IV's first week performance represents the largest launch in the history of interactive entertainment, and we believe these retail sales levels surpass any movie or music launch to date. We congratulate the entire Rockstar team on creating a must-have experience that takes the legendary Grand Theft Auto franchise to a new level," said Strauss Zelnick, Chairman of Take-Two.

"Rockstar's goal is to make each new title in the Grand Theft Auto franchise even better than those that preceded it, and Grand Theft Auto IV is a smashing success on that score. Grand Theft Auto IV makes full use of the power of next generation technology, and offers players an experience unique in the interactive entertainment medium. This game sets a new standard in the industry, with critics hailing it as both an artistic and technological masterpiece," said Ben Feder, Take-Two's Chief Executive Officer.

The real question now is what this record breaking, Halo 3-smashing game will do to the EA/Take-Two talks.
 05-07-2008, 09:41 AM         #2952
djsmellie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Take Two Maken Rain On Them Hoes...........
 10 years ago '04        #2953
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,699 | Props total: 574 574
Lol all my Halo fanboy friends are crying now after they "assured" me that GTA4 wouldn't beat Halo's release records.
 10 years ago '05        #2954
TaNk85 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,518 | Props total: 1 1
 e G o Maniac said:
Lol all my Halo fanboy friends are crying now after they "assured" me that GTA4 wouldn't beat Halo's release records.
most halo ppl are playing call of duty4 and most call of duty ppl are playing gta4. no crying im sure
 10 years ago '04        #2955
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,699 | Props total: 574 574
Yea, because your friends list on xbox live represents the friends that I see almost on a daily basis at school, work, etc. Go find some logic, boy.
 10 years ago '06        #2956
homme 60 heat pts60
space
space
$9,568 | Props total: 2243 2243
 e G o Maniac said:
Yea, because your friends list on xbox live represents the friends that I see almost on a daily basis at school, work, etc. Go find some logic, boy.
lol i was just about to question wtf he was taking about
 05-07-2008, 02:54 PM         #2957
soundtrack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
any one know how much it cost to make GTA4?
 10 years ago '04        #2958
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,235 | Props total: 429 429
 soundtrack said:
any one know how much it cost to make GTA4?
somewhere around 100 million
 10 years ago '05        #2959
bgj887 
space
space
$1,520 | Props total: 53 53
 DA DOPEMAN said:
PS3 WILL GET A PATCH TODAY, I guess is for those people having issues online and optimized the code.
yup just downloaded the patch, finally i'm able to play online
 10 years ago '07        #2960
st21 1370 heat pts1370
space
space
$58,709 | Props total: 53103 53103
wow i can't believe i'm only at 32% and i'm bored with the game..

the missions in story mode are repitive as far as what you have to do. (chase someone in a car, wait for them to get out, then k!ll them)

the online play is overhyped too imo.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Damn! Tina Fey Is Getting Thick
74 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside TAYLOR BANNER out here looking like something to eat! 🌱
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jose Guapo out here down bad
59 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This girl is so fcking ugly Oh my but her body A1
119 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 🐰 Perfect Snowbunny.IMPOSSIBLE DECISION🐰
116 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside k dot kicks w**** girl off stage for n****
612 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
May 21 - Dad takes late son's girlfriend to prom, one month after fatal crash
54 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Some chick tossed her drink on Boxdens Favorite mayonnaise Queen.
134 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy