The *OFFICIAL* Grand Theft Auto IV Thread: Warning! Some People are posting SPOILERS

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
149 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
92 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which Console Are You Getting GTA IV For?
PS3 188 36.29%
Xbox 360 302 58.30%
Both (That's How I Roll) 28 5.41%
Voters: 518. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #2601
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,858 | Props total: 2375 2375
Nighty Night.
 05-01-2008, 10:10 AM         #2602
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Reading through this thread makes me hate life. I'm picking my copy up Saturday.
 10 years ago '06        #2603
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
it was night time for me, but yea all the trailers and commercials have it day time...guess they changed that. dah well. just saw the Xbox 360 version of the commercial for the first time after seeing like 100 PS3 ones and they advertised that the first 'episode' is gonna be available for download this fall. too bad they still ain't say wtf it is
 10 years ago '04        #2604
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
Rockstar Support: Fix for GTA IV Could Be Any Minute or in Days

After waiting two days for a word, any word from Rockstar about the problems plaguing some Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 owners trying to play Grand Theft Auto IV, I returned to the phone this morning to give tech support another call and see how things are on their end.

This time through I talked to a person who walked me through a much longer list of things I should check to make sure it wasn't effecting my gameplay:

Did my harddrive have enough space?
Do I have the latest firmware?
Is my screen saver turned off?
Is vibration turned off?
Are my video settings turned to 720?
Is Autosave off?

If none of those work, I was told, than I need to call back later to tech support to see if they've come up with a solution. The person I spoke with said they haven't heard a thing about a patch coming, but that the problem has been bumped up to their "second level" and a "fix" could arrive in a matter of minutes or three to four days. This elite team is "working around the clock" on a solution, I was told.

"It's like the cure for cancer, people have been working on that for 40 years," they said.

Unlike Rockstar's rapid response to the problems that plagued Bully for the Xbox 360, their reticence to address the issues arising with Grand Theft Auto IV leaves everyone wondering how many people it effects and how serious it is or isn't. Perhaps it's only a small, vocal portion of those who bought the game, perhaps it's much more, but without Rockstar's direct input we have no way of knowing.
 05-01-2008, 11:00 AM         #2605
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I am sure they didn't want to look bad, so it is a good look for them to help them people out there having issues( mines been fine), also I hope they take about a week not days or minutes, so they can try to Optimize the game code also. I remember when 2K patched up 2K8, fu*k it was way better and smoother another example was a.ssassin's Creed when that got patched it ran consistantly smoother.

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 05-01-2008 at 11:04 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #2606
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
Liberty City gets Google Maps treatment

[pic - click to view]

God bless Rockstar for including a gigantic fold-out map of Liberty City with every copy of Grand Theft Auto IV. Without it, I might have never been able to find that bar to get the QUB3D achievement. But what a pain in the a.ss it was dealing with that unwieldy map -- it's four times the size of my coffee table, and it folds in 72 different places.

IGN has the answer -- . Powered by Google Maps, everything you'll need is here, from vehicle locations to the hottest entertainment spots in Liberty City. Zoom in, zoom out, add markers ... this is definitely going to be a helpful tool for anyone who plans on spending any time with GTA IV.

According to the in-game statistics, I've dumped hours into this game, and yet I haven't seen half of what's on this map. The game is huge, and I'm going to take my time seeing all of the sights, both online and off. Is there anyone who is truly done with this game yet, and if so, how's unemployment working out for you?

destructoid
 10 years ago '05        #2607
natural 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,954 | Props total: 3 3
 The Utmost said:
yo at the beginning when niko comes off the boat and its showing the credits sh*t what time of day was it for you guys? cause when i played both versions it was at night but on traliers its daytime
i noticed the same sh*t.
 05-01-2008, 12:26 PM         #2608
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Have you guys messed with the DISPLAY settings? or ya on default settings?

I was and I noticed something, that if you up the CONTRAST & BRIGHTNESS up a bit the game POP OUT MORE, of course put the saturation down a bit so it won't look too saturated(it does go up in color because of the other two settings).

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 05-01-2008 at 12:32 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #2609
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,064 | Props total: 10747 10747
I upped the contrast and saturation by 2 notches.. looks more colorful than default

<==360
 05-01-2008, 12:38 PM         #2610
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

05-01-2008, 01:08 PM         #2611
A.L 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i upped the brightness and contrast up 2-3 notches, cause in the dark i couldn't see sh*t.
 05-01-2008, 01:10 PM         #2612
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i upped brightness and contrast completely, saturation is at half
 10 years ago '06        #2613
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,448 | Props total: 1098 1098
hahahah philo i saw you puttin in work too but shaolin has to be the furthest in the story mode out of everyone on my friends list..

helicopters are the best part of the game.. remember though [semi-spoiler?] theres a difference between being a passenger on a ride/tour and piloting yourself.. if you call brucie to come get you in the chopper then HE will be driving, but if you go on a heli-ride with him and his friends YOU will be driving.
 05-01-2008, 01:44 PM         #2614
soundtrack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
any one go in to the hospital yet there are people in the hospital beds hooked to the ivs and sh*t and u can fu*k them up ,plus there are people in the waiting area all bugged out like crack heads and pheens running back and 4th with there hands in there face its crazy
 10 years ago '04        #2615
BeRRETASx 
space
space
$409 | Props total: 9 9
When are n*ggas gonna all play ps3 online?
 10 years ago '06        #2616
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
yo for those who don't know about this..... and I'm guessing not a lot of people know aboput it because it's a brand new game... .I found the illest secret on GTA IV. Prop me if you use this....

I did it in multiplayer>party mode just go and use the helicopters at the spawn point or right on top of the safehouse.

Go to the statue of liberty on happiness ending island

The hardest part about doing this is that you have to do it right otherwise you die but if you can just go and jump out of your helicopter at the right point and get on that top level there then just wlak through the doors but before you do try to read the sign outside that says "no hidden content this way"

Climb up the stairs and you will all have a big surprsie waiting for you if you haven't been in there.
 10 years ago '04        #2617
Twizted Bone 
space
space
$8,813 | Props total: 7 7
im guessing you frequent kotaku too
 10 years ago '05        #2618
stanis3k 31 heat pts31
space
space
$4,530 | Props total: 273 273
aye yo wats yall favorite radio stations when cruising around?

i roll with

the beat 102.3 ( the hot97 mock ups are so hilarious)
vibe
if99......

for now

edit: the jazz station is tight too
 05-01-2008, 03:07 PM         #2619
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beantown85 said:
yo for those who don't know about this..... and I'm guessing not a lot of people know aboput it because it's a brand new game... .I found the illest secret on GTA IV. Prop me if you use this....

I did it in multiplayer>party mode just go and use the helicopters at the spawn point or right on top of the safehouse.

Go to the statue of liberty on happiness ending island

The hardest part about doing this is that you have to do it right otherwise you die but if you can just go and jump out of your helicopter at the right point and get on that top level there then just wlak through the doors but before you do try to read the sign outside that says "no hidden content this way"

Climb up the stairs and you will all have a big surprsie waiting for you if you haven't been in there.

The 7 Dawg really respects the way u said that, some one else said that sh*t and posted pictures and said what was in there, fu*kin it up for every body, You said how to get there but didn't tell us what was there, I definately respect that, The 7 Dawg damn near wants to give you a hug, NO HOMO
 10 years ago '06        #2620
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,824 | Props total: 1170 1170
 beantown85 said:
so dont hop in the GTA thread then?? What do you expect to be in here STupdi fu*king ppl man
Yo check me out, watch how easy this is:

*SPOILER*

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH k!ll THIS GUY BLAH BLAH

*END SPOILER*

That's all it takes and everyone's happy.

@ stupid ppl
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
239 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
92 comments
19 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy