BXSC Who Is The NBA MVP? (Thread Discussion)

most viewed right now
 167
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 148
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 105
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 96
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Who is the MVP?
Kobe Bryant 84 55.63%
Lebron James 12 7.95%
Chris Paul 48 31.79%
Kevin Garnett 6 3.97%
Other 1 0.66%
Voters: 151. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #281
dre03 
space
avatar space
space
$10,171 | Props total: 2452 2452
 str8_akademiks said:
The Lakers team hasn't been healthy all year, and they're within 1.5 games of being the top team in the west.

David West has played more with the Hornets this season than Gasol and Bynum combined, so has Tyson Chandler and Peja.


I don't think there's any reason why Kobe shouldn't get the MVP.
The fu*k...

They played 19 games without Gasol or Bynum and they are 9-10 in those games

With Gasol or Bynum they are 43-14 when one of those two play...

Kills your crazy theory... If they had a catastrophic injury like the Rockets with Yao the Lakers would be battling for 8th if at all...
 04-05-2008, 12:42 AM         #282
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 icedout921 said:
yet if that was bron you'd be shouting why is his 2nd option making the plays and not him .
No I wouldn't as long as they won games and he led his team statistically in a category I wouldn't say a thing. Ur basically saying he had a bad game today which is pretty dumb.
 04-05-2008, 12:42 AM         #283
skletch  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 icedout921 said:


You 1 gay n*gga.

Im tired of making you look like a fool. Step outta this thread before i have you sending me PM's to let up on my a.ssault on you like last time.
U know the deal lil kid. I stay embarrassing ur f*g**t a.ss every day @ ur lame a.ss trying to make up lies. Ur a pathetic c*m puddle
 04-05-2008, 12:44 AM         #284
Shade  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What movie did Al Pacino win Best Actor for?

(a) "Scarface"
(b) "Dog Day Afternoon"
(c) "The Godfather"
(d) "The Godfather: Part II"
(e) None of the above, because Academy Award voters are stupid

Pacino, a seven-time Oscar nominee, finally won Best Actor in 1992 for "Scent of a Woman." To date, it's Pacino's only Oscar, and any Pacino fan will tell you that seeing him win for "Scent of a Woman" was like seeing Ice Cube for the first time without his jheri curl. It just wasn't right. It didn't make sense. And you felt cheated.

Sadly, the NBA MVP race has become just as warped and backwards as the Academy Awards. The definition of MVP seems to change every year, and all too often players are rewarded for sentimental reasons and discredited using other ludicrous rationales.

It's no different this season, which somehow universally came to be known as "Kobe's year," even if the Lakers don't finish with the top seed in the Western Conference.

I'm sorry, but that's absurd. No question, Kobe has put up some unbelievable numbers this season. But if New Orleans finishes first in the West and Chris Paul doesn't win the MVP, this award officially can't be taken seriously.

It would be criminal to overlook one of the most brilliant seasons a point guard has ever had. Paul averaged 24 points, 13 a.ssists and nearly 3 steals per game in March. In fact, he's on the verge of becoming the first point guard since John Stockton to lead the league in both a.ssists and steals in the same season. Nobody expected anything from the Hornets, and they're poised to win perhaps the most competitive conference we've ever seen in the NBA.

That's the very definition of MVP -- individual brilliance coinciding with team success. I'm a Kobe supporter, and I still stand by my a.ssertion that Kobe is a more skilled player than Michael Jordan was. But giving Kobe the MVP just because "it's his time" or "he's learned to be a team player" is a disservice.

This is what has become most frustrating about the evolution of the MVP race. Over time, merit has become less of a factor.

In the 1996-97 season, the MVP was thrown in Karl Malone's lap strictly because voters seemed sick of giving it to Michael Jordan, who won the MVP five times. Before that, the benefactor of ABJ (Anybody But Jordan) was Charles Barkley, who was named the MVP for the 1992-93 season even though Jordan averaged 32 points, 6.7 a.ssists and 5.5 rebounds.

LeBron James probably didn't get the consideration he deserved last season because of the "he has plenty of time to win an MVP" argument.

Two-time MVP winner Tim Duncan should have gotten stronger consideration last season, too. But Duncan is the NBA's version of Russell Crowe. After Crowe won Best Actor for "Gladiator," the Academy overlooked him for both "The Insider" and "A "Beautiful Mind." Crowe won't win another one because he's too consistently good. Same goes for Duncan.

And only in the NBA could Shaq, the most dominant center of all time, have one MVP while Steve Nash, who has never gotten his team to the NBA Finals, has two.

That's why it's difficult to argue against Kobe, knowing he was cheated out of at least one MVP -- the one Dirk Nowitzki shamelessly won last season.

But while Kobe's renewed commitment to team ball makes for a cute catchphrase, it's a misnomer. Obviously Kobe has matured, but he's a better teammate primarily because he's got a fellow All-Star in Pau Gasol, a deeper, more skilled bench, and an emerging star in Andrew Bynum. Teamwork becomes much easier when your teammates can actually do something with the ball.

Which brings me to another frustrating element of the MVP race. Why are good players considered stronger MVP candidates when they have more help? (See: Kevin Garnett, the 2003-04 MVP.) Isn't the concept of "value" based on doing more with less?

That should be the only criteria. And if it is, Paul is the MVP over Kobe, LeBron and KG. LeBron has had a fine season, and he certainly ranks high in the value department, but Cleveland's team success isn't significant enough to warrant LeBron winning. KG's presence transformed the Celtics, but it certainly helps that he has All-Star security blankets Paul Pierce and Ray Allen.

But, if recent MVP races are any indication, politics will win again.

So congrats, Kobe.
the dumb bi*ch finally makes some good points
 04-05-2008, 12:44 AM         #285
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andre3000 said:
No I wouldn't as long as they won games and he led his team statistically in a category I wouldn't say a thing. Ur basically saying he had a bad game today which is pretty dumb.
I never said that.

Read my posts again.

All i know is LO is as vital to the lakers as Kobe.

God forbid he goes down with a injury lakers be f!ghting with the nuggets. Dude is like Superman tho.
 04-05-2008, 12:45 AM         #286
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 skletch said:
U know the deal lil kid. I stay embarrassing ur f*g**t a.ss every day @ ur lame a.ss trying to make up lies. Ur a pathetic c*m puddle
Your not even a worthy adversary go to bed and let grown folks conversate.
 04-05-2008, 12:48 AM         #287
skletch  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 icedout921 said:
Your not even a worthy adversary go to bed and let grown folks conversate.

[pic - click to view]

 04-05-2008, 12:48 AM         #288
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 icedout921 said:
I never said that.

Read my posts again.

All i know is LO is as vital to the lakers as Kobe.

God forbid he goes down with a injury lakers be f!ghting with the nuggets. Dude is like Superman tho.
No hes not as vital k!ll urself. Uve ever noticed ur the only n*gga saying these dumb things?? Hes underated and hated a little to much but to say hes as vital as Kobe is a huge joke.
 04-05-2008, 12:49 AM         #289
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 skletch said:

[pic - click to view]

oh sh*t you can hotlink pics from other sites congrats :applause:
 10 years ago '04        #290
Scoop24 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$6,795 | Props total: 1379 1379
she's an idiot, she says kobe will win because of POLITICS. the same politics that kept him off of 22 ballots just 2 years ago. you may not agree that kobe was the MVP in 05-06, but for 22 voters to not even mark him down as a top 5 candidate? that it more than enough evidence that there is clearly bias/hate towards kobe from the writers. but now kobe will win because of those same POLITICS. you gotta be kidding me.
 04-05-2008, 12:50 AM         #291
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andre3000 said:
No hes not as vital k!ll urself. Uve ever noticed ur the only n*gga saying these dumb things?? Hes underated and hated a little to much but to say hes as vital as Kobe is a huge joke.
He's not as good as kobe but he is as vital to the laker success.
 04-05-2008, 12:51 AM         #292
skletch  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 icedout921 said:
oh sh*t you can hotlink pics from other sites congrats :applause:
Just like I put my hot link in ur mom? Boy do I regret that.
 04-05-2008, 12:53 AM         #293
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 skletch said:
Just like I put my hot link in ur mom? Boy do I regret that.
You stay making yourself look even dumber..

Your mom jokes?

what are you 12?
 04-05-2008, 12:54 AM         #294
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 icedout921 said:
He's not as good as kobe but he is as vital to the laker success.
No he is not as vital Hes a key rebounder(which LA fans take for granted) but he can be dumb as hell sometimes. open shots are missed by this n*gga on countless occasions hes only important offensively when he drives. Defensively he is a.ss Dirk had his way with this n*gga the whole game but u fail to mention that at all due to the fact u hate Kobe so much which is sad.
 04-05-2008, 12:55 AM         #295
skletch  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 icedout921 said:
You stay making yourself look even dumber..

Your mom jokes?

what are you 12?

[pic - click to view]

 04-05-2008, 12:56 AM         #296
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Another reason why most females shouldn't speak on sports.
 04-05-2008, 12:58 AM         #297
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andre3000 said:
No he is not as vital Hes a key rebounder(which LA fans take for granted) but he can be dumb as hell sometimes. open shots are missed by this n*gga on countless occasions hes only important offensively when he drives. Defensively he is a.ss Dirk had his way with this n*gga the whole game but u fail to mention that at all due to the fact u hate Kobe so much which is sad.
hes not a.ss on defense hes a good a.ss team defender fu*k u smoking. hes a great rebounder he has excllent ball handle he can shoot drive the lane and has great court vision. these are skills you dont see in many men of his size. Dirk has his way with most people so?

I dont hate Kobe I think hes kind of nifty.
 04-05-2008, 01:05 AM         #298
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 icedout921 said:
hes not a.ss on defense hes a good a.ss team defender fu*k u smoking. hes a great rebounder he has excllent ball handle he can shoot drive the lane and has great court vision. these are skills you dont see in many men of his size. Dirk has his way with most people so?

I dont hate Kobe I think hes kind of nifty.
Odom has been r*ped countless times on D. Ur saying the stuff hes gifted and able to do but barely puts use. Hes proven on countless and I mean countless occasions hes a inconsistent shooter. He played much better overall as a 3rd option but has proven he can rebound and take it to the rim ANY TIME. He claims Kobe made him better well have to take his word for it
 10 years ago '06        #299
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86
space
avatar space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 53 53
^^ignorance...

Anyway...she has good points...that MJ sh*t made me sick, looking back...

NOT giving MVPs to players cuz they tired of seeing them win....I'm glad the NFL didn't play that sh*t...cuz everyone knew for 3 years straight, Favre was the man.
 04-05-2008, 01:12 AM         #300
WAY2FONKEY  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Firestarr said:
she's an idiot, she says kobe will win because of POLITICS. the same politics that kept him off of 22 ballots just 2 years ago. you may not agree that kobe was the MVP in 05-06, but for 22 voters to not even mark him down as a top 5 candidate? that it more than enough evidence that there is clearly bias/hate towards kobe from the writers. but now kobe will win because of those same POLITICS. you gotta be kidding me.
exactly that discredits everything she said
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 45
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 43
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 22
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 12
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
38 comments
23 hours ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy