Mar 28 - Girl Beaten to death For Being a goth (w/pics)

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

THEY SHOULD

Props Slaps
 03-28-2008, 07:26 AM         #1
6234 pageviews
113 comments

jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mar 28 - Girl Beaten to death For Being a goth (w/pics)

[pic - click to view]

SOURCE

Goth girl's boyfriend Robert Maltby: I wish they had k!lled me instead

The grief-stricken boyfriend of a goth girl kicked to death by drunken teenagers said yesterday: "I wish they'd murdered me instead."

Robert Maltby, 21, who survived the ferocious attack that k!lled Sophie Lancaster, 20, added: "She should have run off and left me to die. She was my world."
Sophie Lancaster in a coma

Sophie in a coma after the attack

Robert, speaking after Brendan Harris, 15, was found guilty of her murder, said of the thugs: "I want them to suffer forever."
Advertisement
Click here to find out more!

He told yesterday how he gazed at his girlfriend Sophie Lancaster as she lay dying in her hospital bed - and said to himself: "What have we done to deserve this?"

Robert, 21, and Sophie, 20, suffered terrible injuries after a ferocious attack by five drunken teenage thugs who picked on them simply because they were goths.

He survived - but emerged from a coma to discover Sophie was dying from massive head injuries.

Speaking after 15-year-old Brendan Harris was found guilty of Sophie's murder, Robert said: "I was fine until I saw her. That was when I broke down.

"All I wanted to do was give her something - but all I had on me was a cheap watch my grandad had given me so I just took it off and gave it to her.

"If I could have I would have ripped my heart out and given it to her and with any luck bring her back - but I did not have it in my power.

"All I could think was 'This isn't right - why is this happening?' "I couldn't see how I had possibly offended the world to have this happen.

"What had we done? Why aren't people who go out attacking people having to see their girlfriends about to die?

"She was my entire world. I'm not ashamed to say that."

Robert and Sophie were attacked in a park in Bacup, Lancs, by Harris, 16-year-old Ryan Herbert and three other teenage boys.
Herbert and Harris (Pic:PA)

Boozed-up thugs Herbert, 16, left and Harris, 15, were like wild animals

The gang, described in court as "like a pack of wild animals", kicked and punched Robert then stamped on his head until he was unconscious.

Sophie cried for them to stop as she cradled his head on her lap.

But Herbert kicked her in the face and he and Harris then stamped on her head as she lay on the ground.

Paramedics said the couple's injuries were so bad they could not tell them apart. Sophie died 13 day later.

Robert's injuries left him with hazy recollections of the late night attack.

He said: "If they'd just hit me a couple of times I could have accepted it.

"I could even have accepted if what had happened to me had been even worse. If I might not have survived.

113 comments for "Mar 28 - Girl Beaten to death For Being a goth (w/pics)"

03-28-2008, 07:27 AM         #2
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

"But you do not do that to a young girl. There are certain codes you have to live by as a man. And the No1 is you do not beat up girls.

"I just do not understand the mentality of someone saying 'OK we have just beaten him probably to death - so we will beat up his girlfriend now'.

"I really wish she had legged it, waited until they'd left and come back. I wish she'd left me to die if I'm honest."
Robert Maltby in hospital

Robert recovering in hospital after the attack

Robert said he hoped the brutes who k!lled Sophie would suffer for the rest of their lives. He added: "I think that whatever happens to them can never be as bad as what I want to happen.

"I want them to never stop suffering for what they have done. I want it to be a life-long thing. I do not even think I can say what I want to happen."

Robert said the attack on Sophie had destroyed his dreams of marrying her and having a family.

He added: "Everything I was doing around Sophie was really just to make have a decent life together." Herbert and Harris, from Bacup, were named for the first time yesterday when a judge at Preston crown court lifted an order banning identification.

Herbert earlier admitted murder.

Three other boys, two aged 17 and one 16, have admitted a.ssault. They will be sentenced later.

The court was told the five were drinking heavily immediately before the attack. Harris denied murder but admitted GBH on Robert. Five months before murdering Sophie, Harris and Herbert had kicked and stamped on a boy of 16.

Judge Anthony Russell QC said he was duty bound to give Harris and Herbert life sentences. Outside court Sophie's mum Sylvia, 52, said: "Her voice was cruelly silenced in a single mindless act. Sophie's death was a tragedy in many ways.

"It has also ruined the lives of those responsible as well as their families." Sylvia, who yesterday released harrowing pictures of Sophie in a coma, added: "It is a tragedy for a society which in the past prided itself on tolerance.

"I am convinced Sophie was k!lled simply because of the way she looked. She did not conform to the ideals of those who took her life.

"We need to show respect, compassion and tolerance for those whose culture differs from our own."

Detective Superintendent Mick Gradwell said Sophie's murder was one of the most violent he had come across. And he criticised the parents of the teenage attackers for "a total lack of control".

He added: "I really don't think they have taken seriously how repulsive this incident was." Det Supt Gradwell said when Harris was initially interviewed he "laughed and joked" with his mum.

Sophie's murder led to a huge outpouring of grief. Thousands of people visited a webpage dedicated to her. And a memorial fund was also established by her family and friends. But that is scant consolation for heartbroken Robert.

He said: "Now I wake up in the morning and I'm on my own. It feels like someone nicked my entire life.

I always thought there was one person for everyone. If mine's gone, what am I going to do now?"
 10 years ago '04        #3
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 23 23
Pricks
 10 years ago '07        #4
dionedre3000 
space
space
$8,973 | Props total: 791 791
what a crazy year already
 10 years ago '07        #5
jambo 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,125 | Props total: 10 10
here in the states it would 've been the other way around. over here they would've pulled a peice out an start to blast. uk is soft as hell
 03-28-2008, 08:29 AM         #6
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jambo said:
here in the states it would 've been the other way around. over here they would've pulled a peice out an start to blast. uk is soft as hell
yes we dont shoot eachother, fists are used, what a load of poofters

i hope your being sarcastic, british grit>>mental school kids
 03-28-2008, 09:27 AM         #7
Exodus X13  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jambo said:
Using a gun on someone without a gun, your hard as fu*k aren't you.

Everybody has fists, learn to use them and be a real man.

These people are disgusting, should never be let out of prison.

This type of thing makes me fu*king angry.
 03-28-2008, 09:41 AM         #8
Tagalog  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WTF is wrong with them teenager wow
 10 years ago '07        #9
killahkazi 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,795 | Props total: 39 39
Those goth kids say some weird sh*t
 03-28-2008, 09:57 AM         #10
StateZFinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i admit that goths freak me out, but no one deserves that.

i hope those thugs get the death sentence. and r*pe in prison before that
 03-28-2008, 10:16 AM         #11
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ yes we have the death sentence here :rolleyes:
 03-28-2008, 10:28 AM         #12
Scorp  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why didn't they remove the goth makeup from around their eyes??

poor taste i know...sorry
 03-28-2008, 10:32 AM         #13
FoShizzle1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they have goth kids in the uk?
 03-28-2008, 10:33 AM         #14
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sometimes i feel like fu*king up these people too, of course i dont cuz they have the right to be what the fu*k they want, but i just nod my head sometimes
 03-28-2008, 10:39 AM         #15
MercilousMadman  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
daaymn the beat the sh*t outta them.no one deserves to get beat up for how they dress.kuz ill tell you right now.ill k!lla a mufu*ka for tryin to beat me down for wearing saggy pants and a do-rag.
 10 years ago '05        #16
KingCapo 
space
space
space
$2,792 | Props total: 94 94
Those kids are gay...and
 Method Man in How High said:
their haircut game is fu*ked up
 10 years ago '08        #17
svvt14 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,443 | Props total: 146 146
What kind of sh*t is that.... jsut cuz they are goth you decide to attack them. Fuk out of here no one deserves that no matter who you are did you see that girl in the pic that sh*t is sad and pathetic but to those ignorant kids you reap what you sow so get ready for a long life RIP to ol girl
 03-28-2008, 10:43 AM         #18
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FoShizzle1 said:
they have goth kids in the uk?
What? Goths were created here...
 03-28-2008, 10:49 AM         #19
BigPMulli  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that sh*t is crazy. how could you k!ll somebody just because they look weird.
 03-28-2008, 10:52 AM         #20
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I stopped reading after the constant "teenage thugs" comments thrown in, I was like this has to be from England. Sounds like a chapter out of A Clockwork Orange.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
201 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
23 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago