Mar 28 - Emo? Don't go to Mexico.

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Why do you dislike emo?

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #141
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,138 | Props total: 9440 9440
 jataylorlfc said:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

any of your modern music
Yea that sh*t's classic.

You should check out
Carlos Santana, Marshall Tucker Band, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Country Joe and the Fish, Steve Miller Band

just to name a few
 04-04-2008, 09:25 PM         #142
SwllwtheShards 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cezaroh said:
Is emo still around?I meet people that looks like emos but they lisen to some wack sh*t called screamo.Then theyre the scene kids basicly not emo but they party and sh*t and dress like b boys or kanye west they thow the best partys with a bunch of bi*ches.
thats what its become. the "scene" kids.
 04-04-2008, 11:17 PM         #143
LearnToSpell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Exodus X13 said:
I have repeatedly tried to get into this new age rock but it's just disgusting, screaming all over the mic does not make entertaining listening, I basically asked loads of people over xbox live for some recommendations only recommendation I had which was without screamo was Avenged Sevenfold, it was alright I guess, but some of the other bands sounded better but hell am I listening to that.

Screamo is k!lling rock. It's not what it used to be.

What would you describe Serj Tankian as?
avenged sevenfold isnt screamo...and there is new age rock with no screaming...its all indie sh*t though...serj tankian is from system of a down...which is metal...but doesnt really fit into a genre...a bit like RATM who are nu metal/alternative metal...oh and yeah i wear skinny jeans, im not a kid, and its because they are fashionable...not because i am depressed which emo isnt...oh and emo has no screaming...

PS... are rappers gay than? because last time i saw fabolous had a diamond earing...i thought only females could have those :rolleyes:

Last edited by LearnToSpell; 04-04-2008 at 11:20 PM..
 04-05-2008, 12:22 AM         #144
cham 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LearnToSpell said:
PS... are rappers gay than? because last time i saw fabolous had a diamond earing...i thought only females could have those :rolleyes:
Ahahaha, nice. You can say that for sure, specially since guys moved from one earing to having two. Same damn idea as black nail polish, "guyliner" and tight jeans. Just style, not my thing, but style.

I'm sure if those guys with the diamond studs went back 50 years the same sh*t would happen to them as "emos."
 04-05-2008, 09:50 AM         #145
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LearnToSpell said:
avenged sevenfold isnt screamo...and there is new age rock with no screaming...its all indie sh*t though...serj tankian is from system of a down...which is metal...but doesnt really fit into a genre...a bit like RATM who are nu metal/alternative metal...oh and yeah i wear skinny jeans, im not a kid, and its because they are fashionable...not because i am depressed which emo isnt...oh and emo has no screaming...

I wish my name was LearnToRead, what I said was it was the only thing recommended to me which wasn't screamo, I deleted all the screamo sh*t and I have less than 20 albums in my rock folder, which you can recommend some sh*t which isn't screamo if you would be a nice guy for once.

Yeah rage against the machine are alright.

And what was the earring comment about? I don't wear them and I don't care who does, it's not my style and I don't care.

Just like my style isn't to wear a big white tee down to my knees. But it doesn't bother me.
 04-05-2008, 11:23 AM         #146
DJ QCumberSlice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheChamp86 said:
*i wish gras was emo,then it would cut itself*
 04-05-2008, 10:18 PM         #147
LearnToSpell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Exodus X13 said:
I wish my name was LearnToRead, what I said was it was the only thing recommended to me which wasn't screamo, I deleted all the screamo sh*t and I have less than 20 albums in my rock folder, which you can recommend some sh*t which isn't screamo if you would be a nice guy for once.

Yeah rage against the machine are alright.

And what was the earring comment about? I don't wear them and I don't care who does, it's not my style and I don't care.

Just like my style isn't to wear a big white tee down to my knees. But it doesn't bother me.

well there are heaps of bands in rock now...but it depends on what genre you like...if you just like singing just search indie rock artists at wikipedia...
 04-05-2008, 10:21 PM         #148
Elmo The Emo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn, bummer.
 04-06-2008, 02:49 AM         #149
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LearnToSpell said:
well there are heaps of bands in rock now...but it depends on what genre you like...if you just like singing just search indie rock artists at wikipedia...

Thrash metal with no screaming.

Does it exist anymore?
 04-06-2008, 05:08 AM         #150
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All that kind of music is going downhill Exodus, either that or it's well hidden.

The industry is polluted by a bunch of fu*king wannabe indie c*nts. And they all have accents like a gay yorkshire man
 04-06-2008, 05:10 AM         #151
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 buFF3mo said:
Screamo can be used effectively, like Atmosphere's Bird's sing caged why I know, which btw, IS EXTREMELY fu*kING EMO!

"MY BEAUTIFUL BIRD HAS GONE AWAY!"

I mean, if you guys actually knew what you were talking about, this conversation could be somewhat intresting... but you don't. Anyway, to complete that song, and tie in the metaphor to exactly how he feels, in a monotone voice he's singing that, while he's singing, I think it's Mr. Dibbs or Crescent Moon just screaming the same thing and it's got such a cool effect and abosultely puts the finishing touches on the song.

That's just one trait that I use to seperate what I call "emo" music. My definition? A true piece of art, done out of the love of music, and focused on a certain topic or emotion. It's articulately laid out, punch lines that hit home, music that basically convey the same message(Atmosphere-Lifter Puller "YOU DON'T KNOW ME YOU JUST LOVE ME" oh and again EXTREMELY fu*kING EMO), and emotional backing in ones voice. Bright Eyes has the best way of doing that, using his dull monotone voice that sounds horrible! but when you truely listen to his words, it's not his voice you hear, but more so how he feels. The world bashes Conor Oberst but in my mind, as a musician, he is brilliant, and he uses the same lyric structure as Bob Dylan! Who in my mind is the greatest song writer to ever live, ask Jimi.

So basically, genuine, honest music is my idea of "emo" music. Anything that took more then one session to put together... Something with more meaning then crap music has... err I mean rap. Hip-hop is my heart and soul, but it's true, being a musician takes time and talent, anyone can learn, but I think as you learn, you pick up a pencil and a notebook and becoming a singer/songwriter just comes hand in hand and you my friend, are officially emo, putting thought into what you create. This a universal thing, sorta like music, and sorta like people, there's one moral code, and one standard for music. The standard of music can be anything! I mean any genre, as long as you actually put thought into it, or actually has a message to convey.

There will always be two types of listeners in the world... those who want to listen and dance, and those who want to listen. As a listener, I hate wasting my time.

Oh and it's much more difficult to use word of mouth then it is to play the guitar, I mean, can you say something that no one else has said? You have to actually be intelligent with a point to prove to write lyrics. To rhyme is simple, but to write a song, is not.

I think screamo bands are taking it way over the top, hardcore bands are just retarded fat kids who can't dance. Most of that music is sh*t to me, but still their elements of music remain important and can be utilized within anyones style of music, just think about it and put it where it fits.

SO PLEASE RANCID tell me

Do you not believe in genuinely good music? Thought put into it? OR are you a bi*ch who just wants something to shake your a.ss.

I do not discriminate against any genre of music, or any social group for that matter, because you truely have to listen to them before you can judge them. AND HOLY sh*t if you say Atmosphere is not emo one more time, I really do give up on you, you truely don't have a brain.

I mean I can breakdown his lyrics for you if you need me too but at the same time, Sean's not a simple mother fu*ker, no wonder why you don't understand him.
What are you talking about? I listen to good music. I don't restrict myself to any genres... And i certainly can't dance, so shaking my 'ass' is out of the question.

Stop being such an idiot. Just because i'm not ignorant enough to refer to all good music as being part of the emo genre doesn't mean i run around listening to sh*t music like Linkin Park and Soulja Boy, i posted some videos of the type of music i listen to a few pages back; you can hardly shake your 'ass' to any of those songs
 04-06-2008, 05:25 AM         #152
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
All that kind of music is going downhill Exodus, either that or it's well hidden.

The industry is polluted by a bunch of fu*king wannabe indie c*nts. And they all have accents like a gay yorkshire man

Yeah I guess so, they say Hip-Hop is going downhill, but you could say the same for Rock.

Everything now sounds the same.
 04-06-2008, 07:53 AM         #153
Gamberro 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just got back from Mexico 2 weeks ago, and while I was there they had a front-page exposť of this "new sub-culture". The Mexican emos are way more emo than American emos, way more BS. They wear signature cartoon-size bows in their hair and go way, way over the top. If they get a good beating it's honestly because they were begging for one.
 10 years ago '04        #154
mtbatol 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,700 | Props total: 1160 1160
 TheChamp86 said:
*i wish gras was emo,then it would cut itself*
 04-08-2008, 05:02 AM         #155
LearnToSpell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Exodus X13 said:
Thrash metal with no screaming.

Does it exist anymore?
well thrash metal is pretty dead now...but for speedmetal there is dragonforce
 04-08-2008, 08:21 AM         #156
buFF3mo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You came back real strong there! I win. Seriously though, consider me omni in this topic.
 04-08-2008, 11:38 AM         #157
buFF3mo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh and I thought I would add...

"Like it or not, Slug is reluctant king of emo-hop, the emerging alt-rap scene."
- BLACKBOOK

With passionate inflection and pristine delivery, Slug toggles neatly among the poetic, preachy, and provocative, sometimes hitting all at once.
- Entertainment Weekly

and my favorite

"In this era of the hip hop anti-hero, there's no more unlikely candidate for universal stardom in the rap game than a gangly kid from Minneapolis….Slug is bringing a new DIY spirit and, gulp, emotional vulnerability to a hip hop scene currently orbiting out of control in a materialistic galaxy." - XLR8R
 04-08-2008, 11:39 AM         #158
buFF3mo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so Atmosphere not emo? ...
 04-08-2008, 12:13 PM         #159
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No Atmosphere is not emo.

And i'm done with the argument. We both have different views on what emo is. Agree to disagree i think is the phrase
 04-08-2008, 12:15 PM         #160
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so the soppy c*nt thinks that emo = having human emotions? or am i completely missing the point?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now