Mar 20 - Jay-Z Wants ''Way Too Much'' For Carter Music Label

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
94 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
17 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-20-2008, 03:22 PM         #41
AHHH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:thumbsdow
 10 years ago '04        #42
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8458 8458
 BackBlock_OG said:
at these broke idiots saying a guy with over a half billion dollars was a failure as an exec. You do realize that he's been an exec since Reasonable Doubt right? You don't make it to over 1/2 billion from just being a rapper. Anyway you dumb fu*ks know nothing about business. You got idiots on here saying "why don't he front his own $100 million?" That's gotta be the dumbest sh*t I've heard on here.

"The key to getting rich is spending other people's money" - Russell Simmons
he is a failure
80% of his wealth was made with Dame Dash off of Rocawear
Dame was the brains
Jay is nothing but a poster child used for marketing which persuade peeps like you to buy into whatever he does.
 10 years ago '05        #43
A-N-D-1 177 heat pts177
space
space
$4,743 | Props total: 1011 1011
How does this work if it all works out? If who ever gives him the $100 million then what? Does he pay the artist out of that $ or does the $ made off of the album sales get split like a standard (whatever that is) record deal and artists make their money off of that? How does this work?
 03-20-2008, 03:48 PM         #44
djsmellie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 introspekt757 said:
^why would you spend your own money when someone will give it tou you for free???
What He Said
 10 years ago '04        #45
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 A-N-D-1 said:
How does this work if it all works out? If who ever gives him the $100 million then what? Does he pay the artist out of that $ or does the $ made off of the album sales get split like a standard (whatever that is) record deal and artists make their money off of that? How does this work?
at the end of the day its all about distribution
yeh there are a bunch of record labels out there but are linked to the big dogs like Columbia, Interscope who distribute the cds.
anybody can make a record label but if you don't have distribution yo ain't sh*t.
the heart of the deal is what percentage the distribution label gets from your earning.

now you have labels like Koch. how does a artist like camron make $8 off each CD sold? because Koch only distributes the cds. they pay for zero marketing and promotion. every artist on koch pays for that out their pockets. music videos and all. so if a artist like Fat Joe only sells 300,000. the label does not take a hit.
 03-20-2008, 03:53 PM         #46
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:
he is a failure
Dame was the brains
Jay is nothing but a poster child used for marketing which persuade peeps like you to buy into whatever he does.
word?

So I guess all of us here on Boxden are winners? :rolleyes:
 10 years ago '04        #47
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,959 | Props total: 1094 1094
 Javon23 said:
he is a failure
Dame was the brains
and you know this b/c you played what role at Roc-a-fella?
 10 years ago '04        #48
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 REAL_NESS said:
word?

So I guess all of us here on Boxden are winners? :rolleyes:
im doing pretty good for myself. i dunno about you
so you saying anybody that post on BX are failures????
lucky for Jay hes at a financial position that he can fail and it not hurt him. sh*t you know how many Billions Bill Gates lost due to failed business ventures. His net worth was up to 100 billion and now hes at 52 billion. Im just stating the facts. He made his millions with Dame and Biggs which were the real brains behind their success. Jay-Z is slowly going down and the fu*ked up thing is y'all are too blind to see it. You see how long he lasted at Def Jam and what Def Jam is now thanks to him.
Considering all the $$$$ Def Jam invested promoting his albums his sales have been average not turning much of a profit at all.
 10 years ago '04        #49
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 BackBlock_OG said:
and you know this b/c you played what role at Roc-a-fella?
nah homie i been in and out of that industry, i have friends in that industry
word gets around. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what went down.
plus its a proven fact.
 03-20-2008, 04:01 PM         #50
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:
im doing pretty good for myself. i dunno about you
so you saying anybody that post on BX are failures????
lucky for Jay hes at a financial position that he can fail and it not hurt him. sh*t you know how many Billions Bill Gates lost due to failed business ventures. His net worth was up to 100 billion and now hes at 52 billion. Im just stating the facts. He made his millions with Dame and Biggs which were the real brains behind their success. Jay-Z is slowly going down and the fu*ked up thing is y'all are too blind to see it. You see how long he lasted at Def Jam and what Def Jam is now thanks to him.
Considering all the $$$$ Def Jam invested promoting his albums his sales have been average not turning much of a profit at all.
Im not reading all your bullsh*t and yes if someone who came from Marcy Projects to become a multi-millionaire is a failure than we are all losers here on Boxden :rolleyes:
 10 years ago '04        #51
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 REAL_NESS said:
Im not reading all your bullsh*t and yes if someone who came from Marcy Projects to become a multi-millionaire is a failure than we are all losers here on Boxden :rolleyes:
my god i clearly see you just another BET watcher
truly sad
instead of always believing what you see on tv why don't you pick up a book and find out for yourself.
 10 years ago '05        #52
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
 introspekt757 said:
^why would you spend your own money when someone will give it tou you for free???
because when its someone elses money they call the shots...i dont see why he doesnt start his own major label doesnt make any sense to me that people with all this clout keep goin back to universal or warner and then bi*ch about how label heads dont get them such and such. start ur own sh*t since u think like the artists u signed and understand them so much u should be able to execute ur plan instead of saying in the interviews the "big suits in the offices don't like this album change these lyrics to this or we can shoot a video for this. u can't put a price on your artistic freedom and vision
 03-20-2008, 04:07 PM         #53
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:
my god i clearly see you just another BET watcher
truly sad
instead of always believing what you see on tv why don't you pick up a book and find out for yourself.
Whoa your an idiot, I dont watch BET, and I actually just got done reading The Street by Ann Petry, its a good book

stop making a.ssumptions and calling people who made it from the bottom failures
 03-20-2008, 04:09 PM         #54
iHate 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
*prepares for another 5 more boring cds from gay z*
 10 years ago '04        #55
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 REAL_NESS said:
Whoa your an idiot, I dont watch BET, and I actually just got done reading The Street by Ann Petry, its a good book

stop making a.ssumptions and calling people who made it from the bottom failures
you started a.ssuming 1st homie
im just saying people give Jay too much credit he didn't earn.
business wise what did he accomplished with Def Jam (President)
his 40/40 club get sued on a regular.
hows the rocafella label doing.
hows Tierra Marie's career doing
 03-20-2008, 04:40 PM         #56
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:
you started a.ssuming 1st homie
im just saying people give Jay too much credit he didn't earn.
business wise what did he accomplished with Def Jam (President)
his 40/40 club get sued on a regular.
hows the rocafella label doing.
hows Tierra Marie's career doing
what the fu*k was I a.ssuming?

You said "he is a failure" and I said he isn't :rolleyes:

and your basing other grown folks failures on Jay

and you said hows the Roc doing? Just as terrible as every other label, in case you haven't noticed sales in hip-hop are on the decline EVERYWHERE

Every mogul has been sued, once again my point was you called dude a "failure" and you don't get to the position hes at by being a failure
 10 years ago '04        #57
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,611 | Props total: 1785 1785
Maaaaaaaaan...loook Jay-Z is da sh*t....hut he was MORE of the da sh*t when he was wit Dame & Biggs...can we agree on dat? lol On another note, I want him to do that with Apple because that would be the label i end up getting signed to....fu*k da bullsh*t..lol Dis digital sh*t is da mafu*kin future...espicially with the way its going with the ipod....The next iteration of the Ipod will have the Itunes Store actually on the Ipod, meaning yes, You could buy and download the wholw album on the spot....man....dat sh*t is great...You don't have to pay for the 100,000's of Cd's you would normally need...You would lower your expenses by a great deal...
 10 years ago '04        #58
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 REAL_NESS said:
what the fu*k was I a.ssuming?

You said "he is a failure" and I said he isn't :rolleyes:

and your basing other grown folks failures on Jay

and you said hows the Roc doing? Just as terrible as every other label, in case you haven't noticed sales in hip-hop are on the decline EVERYWHERE

Every mogul has been sued, once again my point was you called dude a "failure" and you don't get to the position hes at by being a failure
again i ask you
name his success on his resume the past 3 years
and im not talking about job hirings im talking about him capitalizing at those job and business positions.
 03-20-2008, 05:47 PM         #59
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:
again i ask you
name his success on his resume the past 3 years
and im not talking about job hirings im talking about him capitalizing at those job and business positions.
The fu*k?

is this thread on repeat? Folks have already posted the artists/ new artists that have garnered success

Now I ask you since you refuse to acknowledge it, what label has been able to be an all-around success with Rap/R&B recently? Not to mention what major had more success than Def Jam?

Not to mention Jay was the obvious "face" of the label, he did not have as many duties as led on

The one thing I will say is that it a distraction to have someone who is president and who also is an active member of the roster
 03-20-2008, 05:50 PM         #60
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay-Z needs to retire American Gangster was better than KC at least he didn't go out on a bad note at this n*gga making demands like hes a business genious or something.
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
111 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
115 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy