Mar 20 - Jay-Z Wants ''Way Too Much'' For Carter Music Label

most viewed right now
 149
Image(s) inside Mother of Three
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 145
Image(s) inside Twitter exposed SZA as FAKE Again ( CAREER FINALLY OVER?)
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 115
🔥🔥🔥The Notorious B.I.G. - You're Nobody Till Somebody ..
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 91
Most dangerous gym fails :obamalmao:
47 comments
@misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '08        #21
youngfreshgc 
space
avatar space
space
$1,016 | Props total: 550 550
why throw up a 100 mil and the come back is not guranteed. thats like coppin a brick and u have no clientle.
 10 years ago '04        #22
collegeboy58 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,742 | Props total: 1534 1534
 youngfreshgc said:
why throw up a 100 mil and the come back is not guranteed. thats like coppin a brick and u have no clientle.
exactly...so why would I give u $100 mil? Thats like me FRONTIN you a brick and u have no clientele
 10 years ago '06        #23
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,766 | Props total: 98 98
^you just got basis it on your faith in the artists ability to deliver, similar to signing bonuses atheletes get, its a gamble. But with the higher risk the greater potential for cash. If you run around on safety all day you haven't got a shot
 03-20-2008, 12:19 PM         #24
iHate 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jiggas last 3 cds flopped
dude is a boring rapper at best
its ok to listen to some other rapper besides joe camel jr
 10 years ago '04        #25
collegeboy58 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,742 | Props total: 1534 1534
 introspekt757 said:
^you just got basis it on your faith in the artists ability to deliver, similar to signing bonuses atheletes get, its a gamble. But with the higher risk the greater potential for cash. If you run around on safety all day you haven't got a shot
I see what u sayin and it only makes financial sense if he teams up with Apple and pushes the whole "digital media" sh*t...anything doesn't make sense figuring the rap industry is suffering album sales wise
 10 years ago '04        #26
Khazano 
space
avatar space
space
$2,413 | Props total: 144 144
 collegeboy58 said:
yea...I dont get that...how much they say dude was worth now?? and you can't front $100 million for your OWN project? Why would I? Between him and Beyonce', they gotta be at least $300 million+
Cause he knows damn well in the current industry, theres a good chance his label will flop... Reglardless of his own album sales and Beyonces. sh*t, his last two drops both barely hit platinum and had mad money put behind them in marketing... Like they said, it aint the 90s no more...
 03-20-2008, 12:43 PM         #27
Prophecy15 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall dont think some of those n*ggas Jay signed at def jam wont follow him to his own sh*t. . . .im sure Kanye wud u already know Beyonce gonna go wit him those three alone gonna recoup whatever he throws up to start the sh*t
 10 years ago '07        #28
JoeDoe22 50 heat pts50
space
avatar space
space
$4,137 | Props total: 250 250
 iHate said:
jiggas last 3 cds flopped
dude is a boring rapper at best
its ok to listen to some other rapper besides joe camel jr

His last 3 albums went Platinum or better.
 10 years ago '06        #29
pakishag 
space
avatar space
space
$205 | Props total: 0 0
 Prophecy15 said:
yall dont think some of those n*ggas Jay signed at def jam wont follow him to his own sh*t. . . .im sure Kanye wud u already know Beyonce gonna go wit him those three alone gonna recoup whatever he throws up to start the sh*t
exactly and in the agreement after he left def jam it says jay-z can take any artist with him that the signed.
 03-20-2008, 01:26 PM         #30
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nugen2384 said:
Jay-z as an exec was a failure. Him being the head of a label is going to be a bigger failure.
If I recall he came to DefJam in 2005..Lets look at new artist to DefJam in 2005 and their first albums

1. Rhianna "Music Under the Sun" 2x Platinum Worldwide
2. Neyo "In my Own Words" 4x Platinum Worldwide
3. Jeezy "Thug Motivation 101" 2.5x Platinum Worldwide
4. Rick Ross "Port of Miami" Platinum

Fab and Nas also were brought to DefJam while he was there

If this is faliure... I want to fail horribly at every job I have
 03-20-2008, 01:31 PM         #31
HeavenlySword 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 80sbabyent said:
If I recall he came to DefJam in 2005..Lets look at new artist to DefJam in 2005 and their first albums

1. Rhianna "Music Under the Sun" 2x Platinum Worldwide
2. Neyo "In my Own Words" 4x Platinum Worldwide
3. Jeezy "Thug Motivation 101" 2.5x Platinum Worldwide
4. Rick Ross "Port of Miami" Platinum

Fab and Nas also were brought to DefJam while he was there

If this is faliure... I want to fail horribly at every job I have
two words: Lady Soveriegn.

ITS DA S.O.VEEEEEEEE!
 10 years ago '05        #32
nawtyxes 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,446 | Props total: 1092 1092
stop thinking just R&B and Rap Music
 10 years ago '07        #33
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
avatar space
space
$22,773 | Props total: 2947 2947
 NIC DIAMONDS said:
Wtf it's Jigga he should start his own major.
why he was terrible as a CEO, he didnt keven know how to market the artist on his own label.

He needs to get back with Dame Biggs b/c those are the n*ggas who handle the business side of things and kept sh*t poping. they were the n*ggas starting the clothing line, and liq, and sh*t

Jay's nothing with out Dame as i always said. and now people are seeing it
 03-20-2008, 01:59 PM         #34
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ Dame is nothing without Jigga and we all saw this long time ago
 10 years ago '05        #35
Chuck Hustle 
space
avatar space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 2 2
Yall also forgot he brought Fab to Def JAme and hes Gold & Counting...
 10 years ago '06        #36
Nugen2384 
space
avatar space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 0 0
 introspekt757 said:
i agree but just b/c someone turns you down doesnt mean you stop trying


not always, contrary to popular belief it is possible to get something for nothing
ex: Diddy giving the LOX their publishing back
If you truly believe that Diddy gave them back ALL their publishing(as in the full percentage) your crazy.
 10 years ago '04        #37
Laffman22 
space
avatar space
space
$541 | Props total: 183 183
He should not have fu*ked up Rocafella
 10 years ago '04        #38
BackBlock_OG 35 heat pts35
space
avatar space
space
$7,020 | Props total: 1312 1312
 Nugen2384 said:
Jay-z as an exec was a failure. Him being the head of a label is going to be a bigger failure.
at these broke idiots saying a guy with over a half billion dollars was a failure as an exec. You do realize that he's been an exec since Reasonable Doubt right? You don't make it to over 1/2 billion from just being a rapper. Anyway you dumb fu*ks know nothing about business. You got idiots on here saying "why don't he front his own $100 million?" That's gotta be the dumbest sh*t I've heard on here.

"The key to getting rich is spending other people's money" - Russell Simmons


Last edited by BackBlock_OG; 03-20-2008 at 02:18 PM..
 03-20-2008, 02:21 PM         #39
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BackBlock_OG said:
at these broke idiots saying a guy with over a half billion dollars was a failure as an exec. You do realize that he's been an exec since Reasonable Doubt right? You don't make it to over 1/2 billion from just being a rapper. Anyway you dumb fu*ks know nothing about business. You got idiots on here saying "why don't he front his own $100 million?" That's gotta be the dumbest sh*t I've heard on here.

"The key to getting rich is spending other people's money" - Russell Simmons
Talk to um
 10 years ago '05        #40
ThaHustla 
space
avatar space
space
$425 | Props total: 0 0
 Khazano said:
Cause he knows damn well in the current industry, theres a good chance his label will flop... Reglardless of his own album sales and Beyonces. Shit, his last two drops both barely hit platinum and had mad money put behind them in marketing... Like they said, it aint the 90s no more...
Cause u seen the money spent right?
Or is it cause 50 cent said so :rolleyes:
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 67
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
110 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 46
Giving out da ehroll and the wet noodle🍲
41 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 38
May 19 - African Americans lead other minority groups in terms of spending pow..
84 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside May 18 - Trump orders Postmaster General to DOUBLE Amazon's shipping r..
60 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 22
Image(s) inside Someone get F.B.I. Director James B. Comey on the line now!
43 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Colin Farrell destroying bullys dad
43 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 13
Call Of Duty Black Ops IIII Gameplay
60 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Name a movie engraved in popular culture that you never seen
116 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy