NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
62 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1
5618 pageviews
94 comments

shabz 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$960 | Props total: 11 11
Mar 20 - Jay-Z Wants ''Way Too Much'' For Carter Music Label

He may have an on again, off again relationship with the mic, retiring from music more times than fans can keep up with, but Jay-Z has always been a business, man.

According to the New York Post's Page 6 the former Def Jam president is out to capitalize on his label, shopping the Carter Music Group around for a home, but he may have over shot this one.

The music mogul is asking "way too much," for the imprint, an insider told Page 6. "He wants a label to give him $100 million for the Carter Music Group and provide for overhead, development and digital investment. It's crazy. He wants the labels to basically be his venture capital fund - but unlike a venture cap, they won't get 50 percent. This is not the '90s anymore."

As SOHH previously reported, Jay-Z stepped down from his post at Def Jam over a money dispute in December of last year when he and Island Def Jam chief L.A. Reid couldn't come to a salary agreement.

When news of Jay starting his own label first hit, it was said that it would be under Warner Music Group. According to Def Jam, the company was never interested in housing the Carter Music Group anyway.

"Starting a record label from scratch is very difficult. If Warner Music wants to do it, better them than us," a Def Jam exec said last month.

But Jay's new venture remains without a home.

As SOHH previously reported, Hov may also be in talks with Apple Inc. There has been ongoing speculation on a possible union between the hip-hop mogul and the tech giant for the purpose of a new label.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.sohh.com/artic .. icle.php/14202

94 comments for "Mar 20 - Jay-Z Wants ''Way Too Much'' For Carter Music Label"

10 years ago '05        #2
4Chun500 10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 559 559
It'll Work
 03-20-2008, 11:10 AM         #3
NIC DIAMONDS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wtf it's Jigga he should start his own major.
 10 years ago '04        #4
cormega74 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,737 | Props total: 2555 2555
 NIC DIAMONDS said:
:applause:
 10 years ago '04        #5
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8457 8457
Hov is ova
 10 years ago '04        #6
Thirdeye 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,208 | Props total: 4 4
 NIC DIAMONDS said:
real talk...he should just do that
 10 years ago '04        #7
collegeboy58 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,512 | Props total: 792 792
 NIC DIAMONDS said:
yea...I dont get that...how much they say dude was worth now?? and you can't front $100 million for your OWN project? Why would I? Between him and Beyonce', they gotta be at least $300 million+
 10 years ago '04        #8
Thirdeye 1 heat pts
space
space
 collegeboy58 said:
yea...I dont get that...how much they say dude was worth now?? and you can't front $100 million for your OWN project? Why would I? Between him and Beyonce', they gotta be at least $300 million+
jigga alone is worth 600 million $ so he should be able to start a new major
 10 years ago '06        #9
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,749 | Props total: 62 62
^why would you spend your own money when someone will give it tou you for free???
 03-20-2008, 11:53 AM         #10
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 introspekt757 said:
^why would you spend your own money when someone will give it tou you for free???
exactly
 10 years ago '06        #11
Nugen2384 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 0 0
Jay-z as an exec was a failure. Him being the head of a label is going to be a bigger failure.
 03-20-2008, 11:58 AM         #12
FlyBoyUak 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A digital record label w/ Apple is going to change the face of the entire Music Industry. I hope he moves forward w/ that idea, bc CURRENT records sales show they we are in a Digital Era...can't do the same sh*t you did in the 90's.
 10 years ago '04        #13
dj_tameil 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,563 | Props total: 92 92
does anybody else see that its over for jay-z? the whole roc is dead also... n*ggas aint comin back.
 03-20-2008, 12:13 PM         #14
Nerd_Rich 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nugen2384 said:
Jay-z as an exec was a failure. Him being the head of a label is going to be a bigger failure.

I dont understand why he wants his own label..I mean Im a jay z fan, but all he's gonna do is sign some people put there albums out and there gonna flop....sh*t makes no sense......
 10 years ago '04        #15
Thirdeye 1 heat pts
space
space
 introspekt757 said:
because it seems that no one wants to give it to him
 10 years ago '04        #16
collegeboy58 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,512 | Props total: 792 792
 introspekt757 said:
its not free...u gotta give up SOMETHING...whether its creative rights, a percentage, etc...if I had to money to fund my own project, I would and wouldnt have to worry about answering to anyone...I'm truly my own boss...
 10 years ago '04        #17
slimyellow 4 heat pts
space
space
$13,120 | Props total: 1155 1155
 Nerd_Rich said:
I dont understand why he wants his own label..I mean Im a jay z fan, but all he's gonna do is sign some people put there albums out and there gonna flop....sh*t makes no sense......
yeaaaa righttttt

u do know that the n*ggas HOV actually fu*ks wit are sucessful/platinum.. neyo, rihanna, ross, jeezy, kanye

why u think bleek aint out, he wont sell, why u think tru life aint out, he not big enough..
 10 years ago '06        #18
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,749 | Props total: 62 62
 Thirdeye said:
because it seems that no one wants to give it to him
i agree but just b/c someone turns you down doesnt mean you stop trying
 collegeboy58 said:
its not free...u gotta give up SOMETHING...whether its creative rights, a percentage, etc...if I had to money to fund my own project, I would and wouldnt have to worry about answering to anyone...I'm truly my own boss...
not always, contrary to popular belief it is possible to get something for nothing
ex: Diddy giving the LOX their publishing back
 03-20-2008, 12:37 PM         #19
TritonBanks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nugen2384 said:
ignorant a.ss n*gga how many n*ggas he signed that sold? rick ross, rhianna, ne-yo, amy winehouse, NAs, Kanye West STFU
 03-20-2008, 12:40 PM         #20
goobs10 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you cant really put a price on something thats gonna change the industry like this. hes asking for too little. with the risk he is taking and the possible reward for that risk hes deserves whatever he asks
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dragon Ball FighterZ Jump Festa 2018 Trailer
39 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
94 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy